Pineapple Grill at Kapalua
200 Kapalua Drive
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Pineapple Grill at Kapalua
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/pineapplegrill
- Phone: 8086699600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Robert Barrera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Exclusive Buyouts for groups from 100-150. Great bar and lanai for seperate cocktail hour. Buyout Fee: $14,000.00 plus tax(4.176%) & service fee(20%). Other fees may be added. Please contact Elaine Kerr (808)669-6299 for additional information on menu options and wine selections, and estimates.
- Private Party Contact: Elaine Kerr 8086696299 x102
- Entertainment: Very lively bar scene. Lots of locals. Half portion menu items available. Nightly specials every night. Wines by the Glass program, the best on the Island. Voted Gold for "Best Business Lunch and Best Wine List", Silver for "Best Bar", by the readers of Maui No Ka Oi Magazine.
- Special Events: Let The Pineapple Grill create the perfect menu for any occasion. Rehearsal dinner, Golf Outing, Family Reunion, and corporate Retreat. We have three locations within the restaurant to accommodate your group. A private dining room for 20 to 30 guests; outdoor patio lanai for up to 50 people or rent out the entire restaurant if your group is up to 225 guests: Entire Restaurant available for sit-down, cocktails, or buffet menu.
A word from Pineapple Grill at Kapalua
The Pineapple Grill at Kapalua Resort, casual but elegant, is introducing the next generation in Maui-style Pacific Island cuisine. Overlooking the golf greens of The Bay Course and conveniently close to the resorts tennis club. The Pineapple Grill is now open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers live music and one of Maui's best Happy Hours!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pineapple Grill at Kapalua reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)romantic (23)notable wine list (21)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (15)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Disappointed dinerSmittyDined on 9/16/2014Party of 4 arrived at 7, our reservation time.only 12 of 40plus tables occupied.employees seemed void of Aloha. Had nice wine fairly priced, and then didn't see server for20 minutes. I ordered seared Ahi, very good. 2 ordered Ribeye, looked more like and tasted more like sirloin. Other diner ordered 2 fish special. Meals arrived in another 45 minutes. Fish meal was dry and veggies cold. No one said anything including Manager or server. We spoke earlier to manager when he presented bottle of wine. Nice fellow but didn't have a sense of poor service and pulse of restaurant. Other tables experienced same. Have dined there for 20 years, with good results.Not this time. No one approached us for comments ,another bottle of wine or slow service.Special Features:
- Very good but ...AnonymousVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food, service and ambience were excellent. But, on a $200+ dinner for two they should not have imposed a $2 "sharing" charge when we shared a salad. It was so out of character that it distracted from what should have been a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food We Ate in MauiAteInMauiDined on 9/7/2014Our meals from Pineapple Grill were the best food we had on Maui. The ingredients were high-quality and the preparations were stunning. Save room for dessert, the pineapple upside down cake is a must. Our server was very knowledgeable and was able to make several suggestions to accomodate my dietary restrictions. The only down side was the slightly stuffy atmosphere as the restaurant is on a golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMauinokaoiDined on 9/6/2014I had heard nothing but good things and they did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it allRita1252Dined on 9/6/2014New chef with some original menu items. Seems to have freshened up and updated those items. Including kale and quinoa. Nice jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badNickDined on 9/4/2014Familiar with Cohen group from San Diego and was looking forward to dining here. Food is average and overpriced. Had scallops appetizer (2 scallops) for $19. Should have been spectacular but alas average. Peanut sauce for sauté needed more kick to it. Waitress was doing her best but she was also assigned to a wedding reception on patio. Poor staffing decision by management. Lots of good restaurants on west Maui so go elsewhere. In short the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Missed the markHoagesVIPDined on 8/25/2014Both my fish and wife's chicken were over done a tad. Mention it to waitress but we didn't think it was worth retiring. Staff was friendly and service was very good. Proteins just weren't up to snuff. Better luck next time. I'll still come back.
- Better the first time aroundDclakerDined on 8/22/2014We dropped in late on a Sunday afternoon and had an amazing meal. Went back the following Friday and ordered pretty much the same things. It just wasn't as good on Friday. The crispy sushi roll is pretty amazing. I typically don't eat desserts but my son ordered the pineapple cake and I ate far more of it than the little taste I promised I would take.Special Features:
- Gorgeous View and SettingcltfDined on 8/20/2014Our family went there for brunch, and all of us were very impressed with the food, the service and the setting. We would not hesitate to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upside Down Pineapple Grill?pgkapaluaDined on 8/17/2014Have enjoyed many good meals here over past several years, but our antenna should have gone up when the waiter told us they stopped lighting the tiki torches out back to cut costs. Really? And the Dow Jones is over 17,000. The prime rib was anything but prime, not even convinced it was a rib roast. The lamb chops could have been good if they had a decent cut of meat. The coconut lobster bisque is still good, but the lobster meat cost extra. But of course. We have a many friends from the mainland that eat here based on our recommendation and I plan on letting them know about that "cost cutting measures" are in effect! We won't be back until someone can convince us otherwise. Too bad, always liked the place before.Special Features:
- WOWCC0728Dined on 8/2/2014This place is incredible. Seriously underrated online. Food was PHENOMENAL! Our waiter was attentive but not pushy which is always appreciated. My husband and I absolutely loved Pineapple Grill. The food is to die for. We were seated at a table overlooking the course with views of the oceans. And the Mai Tai's we ordered when we first sat down were great.Special Features:
- Very impressed.mauimaliaDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner with a lovely view. The blue crab monchong (sic) was delicious! The ribeye was excellent. We had the creme brûlée for dessert. Would order it all again! A bit pricey, but not disappointed! I would recommend highly. We arrived right when they opened. At first, a few bar patrons were loud, but once the restaurant was a bit busy, romantic and scenic.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/30/2014Great local spot with great service and great food.Special Features:
- Very good food.KimEDined on 7/22/2014First time eating here, my husband and I love the food and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageFoodie4VIPDined on 7/13/2014Came here for weekday lunch and it was very quiet. Had some of the breakfast items which tasted a stale. Nice setting but food was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another memorable visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2014You can't go wrong here...Everything on the menu is great. This year I ventured away from my usual fish and had the duck special. Wow....what a feast...great preparation and excellent flavor. Wife and daughters all loved their entrees also....Service is excellent and everyone makes you feel at home. We can't wait to go back next year !!!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed Pineapple GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We had an excellent meal at Pineapple Grill. It came highly recommended by friends of ours who had been 5+ years ago, and I thought it was excellent. As with many places on Maui, it did feel overpriced for what we got, and we did eat other places that were just as good; but, that being said, we did really enjoy it.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 7/4/2014Nice ambience and good service. Fish was dry and rather tasteless.Special Features:
- bcp1306VIPDined on 7/1/2014This was our third visit to pineapple grill. While the interior looks like it needs an update, the food is consistent and good without being overdone. Order the short ribs or ahi. All is good. Service is friendly but lacks precision, but the friendly attention makes up for it.Special Features:
- Nice Meal3bytheseaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our experience at the Pineapple Grill was good...very quiet night for a Saturday night, hence the "quiet" noise level. The ambiance was fine as well as the food... just that our server was slow and inattentive which wasn't acceptable considering the place was sparse with patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDMCanadaDined on 6/26/2014We were very disappointed with the quality of the food. For example, the chicken was tough, the pasta was overlooked and obviously spent too much time under warmer or heat lamp, and other dishes were equally disappointing. The service was mediocre and rushed. With so many great restaurants in the area I don't know how this place survives.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2014Good food but portions seem to have shrunk and prices have gone up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best On MauiSanJoseCopDined on 6/19/2014Overall, the food, service and atmosphere was the best we experienced on Maui. Although other restaurants have better views of a beach or water, this restaurant has a great view of the golf course and the bay (sunset) in the distance. It also had had more variety in the menu and the presentation was excellent. My wife, who doesn't enjoy sea food, ordered a delicious beef short rib that made her very happy. And I give thumbs up to the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealMalibujimDined on 6/11/2014We have dined here several times over the years. It has consistently good food and service. A surprise this year were the Brussels sprouts, a new side wonderfully prepared and worth sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in KapaluaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a great lunch at Pineapple Grill. My Cajun blackened mahi sandwich was awesome. The French fries are done perfectly. My husband and son also thoroughly enjoyed their sandwich and burger here. The drinks are good (lava flow and bloody mary). The service is also very good. The views of the Maui mountain with the Kapalua breezes can't be beat. We will definitely come back on our next Maui visit.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceRPOwensDined on 6/4/2014I read of numerous awards given the Pineapple Grill and made reservations before coming to the island. Although the setting was beautiful and the service attentive, the food did not live up to expectations. The Caesar Salad lacked flavor and the bouillabaisse just average. Plenty of fresh seafood, but the broth was nothing special. Finally, the flour less chocolate cake seemed undercooked. Ours was not a bad experience, but it was disappointing nonetheless.
- We return every time we are on MauiKathyRayVIPDined on 5/21/2014This is one of my family's favorite places to eat dinner. It never disappoints. Staff very welcoming. Service great. Food delicious. The view is very nice. I recommend it wholeheartedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 735 reviews are from the Pineapple Grill at Kapalua reviews archive.
- Don't be fooled by the exteriorsurfergirlVIPDined on 5/19/2014We ALMOST didn't bother going in since the outside is so shabby. That would have been a huge mistake. We sat on the outdoor patio with a view of the ocean and had a fabulous meal. Great service, delicious dining. Exceptional meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLana12VIPDined on 5/19/2014Very pricey salads. Fish came out dry & fishy. Steak was overlooked. Food was corrected. Waitress was the best! Food also pricey.Special Features:
- Uninspired FoodDickDined on 5/18/2014DINNER WAS VERY EXPENSIVE AND UNINSPIRING. MY SCALLOPS WERE NOT HOT ENOUGH AND THE WAITRESS DIDN'T BOTHER TO EXPLAIN ANY SPECIALS TO US.ONLY HEARD ABOUT THE NIGHTLY SPECIALS FROM TABLE NEXT TO US AFTER WE ORDERED. THE VIEW WAS BEAUTIFUL, MEDIOCRE EXPENSIVE FOOD.:(Special Features:
- Fresh fishFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/12/2014We enjoyed our snapper and mongchong, both prepared to tintilate the taste and sight. Salad and signature pineapple upside down cake compliment the meal perfectly. Whenever we visit Maui regardless of where we stay it is worth a special drive for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK experience given the area.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/6/2014We chose this restaurant mostly based on its proximity to where we were stating and Yelp reviews. There was a nice variety of of meat and seafood selections. The food was over seasoned and not served hot enough (lukewarm). The view is of a golf course with ocean in back. The sun blazes in through floor to ceiling windows so the shades are drawn. There were a few adequate bottles of wine at not too high of a mark up. Overall it was Napa Valley prices for a bit better than mediocre food, which for around here actually rates a good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Dinnerjrs009VIPDined on 5/4/2014We were given a table overlooking the golf course and could see the ocean past the tall pines in the background. We first tried the caprese salad as an appetizer. The waiter said for an extra $2 we could get it split with 'larger portions.' The macadamia nut pesto over the mozzarella and yellow tomato was very good but the portion size left me wanting more. For dinner I had the short ribs and my wife the free range chicken. I really enjoyed mine and would definitely recommend it. They were very tender and the pineapple chutney combined with the glaze was a nice flavor. My wife liked the free range chicken but was not blown away by it. Overall I would dine there again. The wait staff was attentive and very nice, food above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing eveningAnneVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have always liked the location of the Pineapple Grill. It has a beautiful view towards the ocean. Our dinner was fine. Mine was a bit heavy - pasta with vegetables and shrimp. My husband's was better - short ribs. I am not certain why restaurants feel the need to supersize the portions. We both left over half our dinners on the plates. Too much food. The obesity epidemic is prevalent in Hawaii!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningSunrise805Dined on 4/26/2014We made it up to the Grill at dusk, enjoying the drive up from Kaanapali. Everything about our meal was fabulous.Special Features:
- Pineapple fun timeBELLEVIPDined on 4/23/2014We both had a fun tine and the pupu menu was great at reasonable prices. Our wine choice was excellent and it was 1/2 off on Wed. We try to go to the spot at least once a month when we are on island.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/21/2014Our party of four had a great experience with terrific food and very good service. Two things of a negative nature struck us: first, we were there on a Monday which the web site indicates is a day that offers a 3-course meal with a bottle of wine for $120 per couple; we wanted to check out that possibility but the menu did not say anything about it and our waitress did not mention it; only by asking specifically for it can one see the menu for that special. We ended up ordering off the regular menu anyway, but it was disappointing to us that one had to ask for the special menu for that day. Second, we were charged to share a salad; I do not recall a separate "split" charge on prior visits and was disappointed by the attitude of charging.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 4/19/2014Views of the Kapalua Resort and ocean are terrific from Pineapple Grill, and the food is very good. My family enjoyed the chicken Cobb salad as well as the french toast & bacon entrees. It is nice that both breakfast and lunch are served on weekend afternoons. Prices are reasonable and the service was very attentive making for a most positive dining experience at Pineapple Grill. I recommend this restaurant for breakfast, lunch, or dinner any time one is on West Maui.Special Features:
- April 18BillDined on 4/18/2014The Asian Braised Short Rib and the Blue Crab Encrusted Monchong were excellent. It was my 66th and Pineapple Grill kindly celebrated it with a complementary and exceptional pineapple upside down cake topped with Macadamia nut ice cream. Anyone staying in west Maui should put Pineapple Grill on their list of must go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a great meal!CFNOBISDined on 4/18/2014This was my first time back in awhile and we went three times in a week. The Carne Asada Huevos Rancheros is the best ever. Lunch and dinner are a good choice as well. All of the dishes we tried were great. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.