Pineapple Grill at Kapalua
200 Kapalua Drive
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Pineapple Grill at Kapalua
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/pineapplegrill
- Phone: (808) 669-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Robert Barrera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Exclusive Buyouts for groups from 100-150. Great bar and lanai for seperate cocktail hour. Buyout Fee: $14,000.00 plus tax(4.176%) & service fee(20%). Other fees may be added. Please contact Elaine Kerr (808)669-6299 for additional information on menu options and wine selections, and estimates.
- Private Party Contact: Elaine Kerr 8086696299 x102
- Entertainment: Very lively bar scene. Lots of locals. Half portion menu items available. Nightly specials every night. Wines by the Glass program, the best on the Island. Voted Gold for "Best Business Lunch and Best Wine List", Silver for "Best Bar", by the readers of Maui No Ka Oi Magazine.
- Special Events: Let The Pineapple Grill create the perfect menu for any occasion. Rehearsal dinner, Golf Outing, Family Reunion, and corporate Retreat. We have three locations within the restaurant to accommodate your group. A private dining room for 20 to 30 guests; outdoor patio lanai for up to 50 people or rent out the entire restaurant if your group is up to 225 guests: Entire Restaurant available for sit-down, cocktails, or buffet menu.
A word from Pineapple Grill at Kapalua
The Pineapple Grill at Kapalua Resort, casual but elegant, is introducing the next generation in Maui-style Pacific Island cuisine. Overlooking the golf greens of The Bay Course and conveniently close to the resorts tennis club. The Pineapple Grill is now open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers live music and one of Maui's best Happy Hours!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Pineapple Grill at Kapalua - Best Restaurants in Kapalua ›
Pineapple Grill at Kapalua reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (37)romantic (33)notable wine list (33)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- Not quite the same high quality, but still goodHumpbackGalDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Pineapple Grill before, and always enjoy it. Most of our meals (party of 4) were quite good, but I had the surf 'n'turf and the prawns were dry and a bit tasteless. The steak was excellent, however, and so were the desserts. The place was very quiet, not many people there. Maybe an off period, before the Thanksgiving rush. We will keep this place on our list -- as one small goof is not enough to wipe out all the excellent meals we have had here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingDaveDined on 11/11/2014I seldom take the time to write reviews, but this one seemed a no-brainer. We had had good experience here in the distant past. This time both of the fresh fish on the menu were "out" at 6:30 pm. Decided to just do pu pus instead of entrees. All arrived cold. The $20 scallops turned out to be 2 small scallops on a bed of cold cous cous. Service was polite. We won't go back.Special Features:
- eat and run!GigiDined on 11/8/2014Service way to fast, we sat down for dinner, the appetizer was served before our bottle of wine arrived. Barely finished the appetizer, our main meal arrived. We both had the fish special, the meal was very good. The whole meal took 30 minutes! We are on holiday, when we go out to dinner, we like to enjoy our wine and take our time, at Pineapple Grill we felt like the servers wanted everyone out, our reservation was at 8:00pm! Don't need to dine at this establishment again. As for the decor, the restaurant looked tired, in need of some renovations.
- An unexpected disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Aside from the elevated prices, we were greatly disappointed with the entrees. The catch of the day was snapper-the fish was virtually without taste and the corn jalapeño base was likewise bland- all you could taste was what appeared to be canned corn. The pairing of the Ahi tuna steak with a brown rice puried base was odd. The restaurant was highly recommended. We will not recommend this restaurant.
- consistently goodMarkDined on 11/1/2014expensive, but same as similar restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great food...poor serviceCW783VIPDined on 10/29/2014Food was very good. Service was not! Empty plates stayed on tables a long time....so long that we started feeding a neighborhood Siamese cat all the leftovers. Ordered more bread about 20 min into the evening that never arrived. One positive is our bill was lower due to only 1 round of well drinks we were able to order. All four in our group loved the food. Upside down pineapple cake was the best ever! With all of this being said, great food trumps bad service every time so I would recommend Pineapple Grill to anyone for the great food but would also tell them not to expect the level of service typical of a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Some hits some missesJBLMDMBAVIPDined on 10/28/2014The appetizers were fabulous: ahi was perfect and the scallops were sweet and the texture of firm butter with great quinoa and corn. Service quick and efficient. BOTH fresh fish entrees were over done and dry which the two different sauces helped but made it not worth finishing. Wine by the glass was a great option list. Prices high for the quality of the gush specials... There are better options.Special Features:
- Too spicy, too priceyOhmaDined on 10/28/2014Tried to find an unspicy seafood dish, but most descriptions included jalapeno, wasabi, etc. Settled on the $callop$, but found they were sitting atop a peppery side dish. Why even put pepper on the table anymore, if chefs use so much in the kitchen? Beet salad used to be a favorite here, but it is now totally unimaginative.Special Features:
- DisappointedRelliPDined on 10/25/2014Our waitress was handling a large party as well as our table when we dined here. I ordered the Monchong and Portuguese Soup and my husband the Ahi and Caesar Salad. When my husband's salad arrived he was asked if he'd like pepper, which he did, but after a few sprinklings from our waitress she ran off before he could say he was satisfied with the amount he received. Another waiter brought my order, but a Mahi Mahi for my husband, which was incorrect. So, they brought our plates back to the kitchen where I could see my Mongchong sitting underneath the heat lamp, as the kitchen quickly prepared my husbands meal. Needless to say, my meal was now lukewarm and the fish overcooked as well as extremely salty. Disappointing dining experience.
- Very NiceOpenTableDinerDined on 10/23/2014We enjoyed lunch at Pineapple Grill last week. The food & drinks were delicious. Everyone in our party enjoyed it and we will definitely visit it again when we're in Kapalua.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Best meal we had on Maui. Hands down. Fantastic service, freshest tuna ever - I don't even like tuna and they blew my mind with their Ahi. Lovely host and sommelier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Food did not live up to standards expected from Cohn restaurants.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 10/19/2014Lunch at Pineapple Grill was enjoyable, as the chicken Cobb salad was very good, the service adequate, and the golf course, tennis court, & ocean view was awesome. Prices are reasonable making Pineapple Grill a good choice for dining when in Kapalua.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014We dined here for our first night vacationing in Maui. It was perfect... Food was delicious, presentation was beautiful and service was impeccable. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to celebrate a special evening of just enjoy a great dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Pineapple GrillFood4meVIPDined on 10/6/2014First visit to Pineapple grill. Place was easy to find. Service was good, but food was disappointing. I had Mahi-mahi, which I think had been frozen and thawed before cooking and had no taste.
- Average or a bit below for $$$AZTXDined on 10/2/2014Loved it when it was the Grille at the Bay Club years ago. While the staff was quite friendly, it was just awkward in general for some reason. The pasta special outweighed the fish 10:1 which seems very wrong in Maui. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- DisappointingParty4twoDined on 10/2/2014Had been here numerous times over the past 10 years but none in the last four. This trip the food was just barely OK and the service matched. They ran out of a signature mahi dish and we were there at 6:30. Disappointing
- Always a nice place to go..FoodloverVIPDined on 9/30/2014Pineapple Grill is always a very nice place to go and have a nice lunch, or dinner. The views are spectacular and the service and ambience is wonderful. A place to go when in Maui...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneMauigirlVIPDined on 9/24/2014Chef Jojo cares about fresh and local and it shows. There is no better place for the wide sweeping views of KapaluaSpecial Features:
- ValeneVIPDined on 9/24/2014Decor needs refreshing, appetizers and salads were good, main course - not so much. Service was v good. Prices have gone up quite a bit since my last visit!Special Features:
- SpencerVIPDined on 9/24/2014Do not arrive early for your reservation. We were four minutes early and were informed by the hostess that we would have to wait. The restaurant was fairly empty. We have never been greeted like this before. The restaurant has a new chef and he had removed most of the best dishes from the menu including its signature lobster bisque. Very disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrePinot1VIPDined on 9/24/2014We have been dining here for many years. The food and service is not the same. Not sure what has happened, but I think we will take a break from PG. It is way overpriced for what is delivered. Very disappointed, because we have loved this restaurant and have sent many,many friends here. This was our second time dining here in a week. We thought the first evening was just an off night. Sadly, nothing improved. Hope they can get it together.Special Features:
- DissapointingvailsuzVIPDined on 9/20/2014Have been to this establishment numerous time in the past 20 years. So sorry to say the visit in September 2014 will be the last. Should have trusted all the reviews that have been posted lately. Overpriced and dissapointing presentations.
- Disappointed dinerSmittyDined on 9/16/2014Party of 4 arrived at 7, our reservation time.only 12 of 40plus tables occupied.employees seemed void of Aloha. Had nice wine fairly priced, and then didn't see server for20 minutes. I ordered seared Ahi, very good. 2 ordered Ribeye, looked more like and tasted more like sirloin. Other diner ordered 2 fish special. Meals arrived in another 45 minutes. Fish meal was dry and veggies cold. No one said anything including Manager or server. We spoke earlier to manager when he presented bottle of wine. Nice fellow but didn't have a sense of poor service and pulse of restaurant. Other tables experienced same. Have dined there for 20 years, with good results.Not this time. No one approached us for comments ,another bottle of wine or slow service.Special Features:
- Very good but ...AnonymousVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food, service and ambience were excellent. But, on a $200+ dinner for two they should not have imposed a $2 "sharing" charge when we shared a salad. It was so out of character that it distracted from what should have been a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food We Ate in MauiAteInMauiDined on 9/7/2014Our meals from Pineapple Grill were the best food we had on Maui. The ingredients were high-quality and the preparations were stunning. Save room for dessert, the pineapple upside down cake is a must. Our server was very knowledgeable and was able to make several suggestions to accomodate my dietary restrictions. The only down side was the slightly stuffy atmosphere as the restaurant is on a golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMauinokaoiDined on 9/6/2014I had heard nothing but good things and they did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it allRita1252Dined on 9/6/2014New chef with some original menu items. Seems to have freshened up and updated those items. Including kale and quinoa. Nice jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badNickDined on 9/4/2014Familiar with Cohen group from San Diego and was looking forward to dining here. Food is average and overpriced. Had scallops appetizer (2 scallops) for $19. Should have been spectacular but alas average. Peanut sauce for sauté needed more kick to it. Waitress was doing her best but she was also assigned to a wedding reception on patio. Poor staffing decision by management. Lots of good restaurants on west Maui so go elsewhere. In short the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Missed the markHoagesVIPDined on 8/25/2014Both my fish and wife's chicken were over done a tad. Mention it to waitress but we didn't think it was worth retiring. Staff was friendly and service was very good. Proteins just weren't up to snuff. Better luck next time. I'll still come back.
- Better the first time aroundDclakerDined on 8/22/2014We dropped in late on a Sunday afternoon and had an amazing meal. Went back the following Friday and ordered pretty much the same things. It just wasn't as good on Friday. The crispy sushi roll is pretty amazing. I typically don't eat desserts but my son ordered the pineapple cake and I ate far more of it than the little taste I promised I would take.Special Features:
- Gorgeous View and SettingcltfDined on 8/20/2014Our family went there for brunch, and all of us were very impressed with the food, the service and the setting. We would not hesitate to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upside Down Pineapple Grill?pgkapaluaDined on 8/17/2014Have enjoyed many good meals here over past several years, but our antenna should have gone up when the waiter told us they stopped lighting the tiki torches out back to cut costs. Really? And the Dow Jones is over 17,000. The prime rib was anything but prime, not even convinced it was a rib roast. The lamb chops could have been good if they had a decent cut of meat. The coconut lobster bisque is still good, but the lobster meat cost extra. But of course. We have a many friends from the mainland that eat here based on our recommendation and I plan on letting them know about that "cost cutting measures" are in effect! We won't be back until someone can convince us otherwise. Too bad, always liked the place before.Special Features:
- Don't miss it!bruinsluv2dineVIPDined on 8/3/2014Pineapple Grill is a favorite and we plan to dine there on EVERY visit to Kapalua! The service is first-rate, the food creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWCC0728Dined on 8/2/2014This place is incredible. Seriously underrated online. Food was PHENOMENAL! Our waiter was attentive but not pushy which is always appreciated. My husband and I absolutely loved Pineapple Grill. The food is to die for. We were seated at a table overlooking the course with views of the oceans. And the Mai Tai's we ordered when we first sat down were great.Special Features:
- Very impressed.mauimaliaDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner with a lovely view. The blue crab monchong (sic) was delicious! The ribeye was excellent. We had the creme brûlée for dessert. Would order it all again! A bit pricey, but not disappointed! I would recommend highly. We arrived right when they opened. At first, a few bar patrons were loud, but once the restaurant was a bit busy, romantic and scenic.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/30/2014Great local spot with great service and great food.Special Features:
- Very good food.KimEDined on 7/22/2014First time eating here, my husband and I love the food and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 748 reviews are from the Pineapple Grill at Kapalua reviews archive.
- AverageFoodie4VIPDined on 7/13/2014Came here for weekday lunch and it was very quiet. Had some of the breakfast items which tasted a stale. Nice setting but food was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another memorable visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2014You can't go wrong here...Everything on the menu is great. This year I ventured away from my usual fish and had the duck special. Wow....what a feast...great preparation and excellent flavor. Wife and daughters all loved their entrees also....Service is excellent and everyone makes you feel at home. We can't wait to go back next year !!!Special Features: