Pine Tavern Restaurant
967 NW Brooks Street
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pine Tavern Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinetavern.com/
- Phone: (541) 382-5581
- Hours of Operation:
Fall & Winter Hours 2014
LUNCH Daily from 11:30am
DINNER Daily from 5pm
HAPPY HOUR 3-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dana Cress
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Oregon Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Downtown Core provides free 2-hour parking for all customers and visitors in the downtown area. The City of Bend operates a ticket dispenser lot 50 yards south of the restaurant. This lot allows for 2-hour free parking and extended parking on a pre-pay basis.
The new Centennial Parking Plaza located at 61 NW Oregon Avenue provides 3-hour FREE parking. Parking is free in all public lots during the evening and weekend hours.
A word from Pine Tavern Restaurant
Piping-hot sourdough scones drizzled with honey butter, tender Prime Rib, delicious dungeness crab cakes, and warm marionberry cobbler a la mode; these are just a few of the signature items you’ll find at the Pine Tavern. For over 75 years we have been offering steaks broiled to perfection, delicious soups prepared daily, and an array of classics and daily specials using only the freshest, Pacific NW regional ingredients. Come savor the tradition, our warm hospitality, courteous and accommodating service, and unpretentious ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pine Tavern Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
Pine Tavern Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (18)good for groups (18)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Almost but not quiteGoatropeDined on 11/11/2014Chose this restaurant due to offering of free meal for Veterans. Meal was OK, service wasn't stellar and for the expense it wasn't a good value. The server failed to realize they were out of the Swordfish until 10 minutes after the order was placed. We had to ask twice for beer/wine refills. Even with a free entree for veterans the experience was a value oriented experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Very good food and very nice veteran's day special. Service was a little slow mid-afternoon. Would happily go again next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does Not Live Up to ReputationHackDined on 11/5/2014Made reservation based on menu posted on Open Table online. Unfortunately, prices have been raised significantly across the board while the food preparation and quality has greatly suffered since the recent change in ownership. Lounge menu was totally revamped and now has drink minimums! The chicken quesadillas were lackluster. Service was abrupt. The trademark scones were greasy and NOT appetizing. Was charged $6.50 for a bowl of broccoli-cheddar soup that amounted to barely a [small] cup! Cannot think of one good reason for ever going back. Just a huge disappointment dining at this downtown Bend icon.Special Features:
- Downtown dining gemJims101Dined on 11/5/2014My brother visiting from the valley was most impressed. Of course we knew he would be---outstanding place to dine no matter time of day,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, etc but High PricesSnoopyDined on 11/4/2014The prices are a bit high compared to other nice restaurants. We go for special occasions but would go for more often if the prices were competitive. It's shocking the prices don't even include a salad......Special Features:
- OverpricedcrrgaryDined on 11/4/2014Not a restaurant we will go to again. Food was overpriced & dining table we were placed at was in a very dark area, would like to see what I am eating. If entree had included a small salad it would have really made the pricing seem better, and the highly touted scones were nothing to brag about. Service was ok, but have had much better.
- only one disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We had a nice evening but we went there to try . lobster roll. I had promised a friend we would go try this amazing dish. I called that afternoon st 3 pm and was told lobster roll would be served at 5 pm. We drove from Madras to try it but our waiter told us it wasn't served at dinner. HOWEVER salmon and filet mignon was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!JossemaeDined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious, the service was awesome, the selection was great. Would highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivemomDined on 10/29/2014The waiter was awesome and the food was the best I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We were in Bend, and made a reservation on a whim. We walked by the place in the early afternoon, liked the menu, and made a reservation for that same evening. Everything was just right. We waited for our table at the bar, and the bartender was very personable. Our table had a great view of the river, and it was beautiful watching the evening deepen into night. Food was great, as was the wine. A memorable evening!Special Features:
- Good,but not greatredmondfoodieDined on 10/18/2014Arrived early for our reservation and were seated promptly. The staff was courteous and attentive. Very good, tasty and tender pork ribs. Fried fish was so-so, chips very good. Crab stuffed avocado was good, but uninspired. Had to send back the baked oysters,barely warm. All in all, a fair meal, but in a town like Bend Oregon, I expect better.
- DisappointingSanlassDined on 10/18/2014We had dined here in the past so thought this would be great for a special dinner before the theatre. Made the appointment early, at 5:45 to allow lots of time to get to the theatre. But hostess seemed preoccupied, and even though I told her we had a time issue, she didn't seat us until around 6 PM. We had to leave at 7 to make our play which we again told the waiter. Our delicious onion soup and drinks arrived in a timely manner. But then it slowed. He explained they were very busy. Not our problem. After complaining again, our order arrived at 6:45. The small steak was ordinary and the salmon was tasteless. We had to rush to eat and leave for the play. Doubt we will return. And the price for all this was too expensive for what we got.Special Features:
- dickDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have dined at the best places in the US,Canada,Mexico and parts of Europe, one special place in the US was Susanville California where they have great steaks, their taste and tenderness was outstanding on 10/17/14 my wife and I had dinner at the Pine Tavern restaurant in Bend Oregon and and we both ordered steaks, at my first bite I thought I was back in Susanville my steak was out standing so was my wife's the service was great, we have also had a great lunch there needless to say we will be going back often, if you go there please try their steaks and fell safe order to your taste, you won't be disappointed. Richard and Mary WiseSpecial Features:
- I was disappointed with my mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I had the grilled salmon; a few pieces of wilted broccoli and some rice and a sauce. I have had a much better meal in the past.
- 1st trip!Missurick101614Dined on 10/16/2014Recommend by neighbor in Iowa- FANTASTIC food and such a BEAUTIFUL restaurant! HIGHLY recommend this place! Wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We chose the Pine Tavern for our 25th anniversary dinner and were very pleased with the service and the outstanding food. We had a corner table overlooking the outdoor patio and Mirror Pond. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinneridahogal2Dined on 10/10/2014As old employee of former owner at a Ketchum, Idaho restaurant, we stopped for dinner on the recommendation of another friend. The building is lovely, Open Table found us a spot quickly, drinks were good and inventive, though should have a few more beers to choose from. Service was GREAT...our waitress was a delight and very helpful. Have one complaint: portions were far too large. I ordered an appetizer to share, a side arugula/beet salad and risotto which I knew would need a side veggie. I was not expecting enough food for four with the salad alone! When traveling you can't take food home and I was very disappointed to waste that much food. This is a nice restaurant and so glad the scones and honey butter remain the same!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningSquareDancerDined on 10/9/2014Great food! Wonderful evening! Great prime rib! Great service! Beautiful view of the river!Special Features:
- Favorite Bend RestaurantSmittyDined on 10/8/2014I have eaten at hundreds of great places all over the USA and The Pine Tavern is in my top 5 list. When dining there ask for a table in Jason or Drew's area for an even more memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinerbendfoodieDined on 9/26/2014We first visited Bend in 1999 and ate dinner at Pine Tavern. Since moving here 4 yrs ago, we celebrate our anniversary each year at Pine Tavern. Always amazing service & they go out of their way to celebrate special occasions. We booked on Open Table this year, mentioned it was or 11th anniversary, & asked to be seated by the window (beautiful views of Mirror Pond). Not only were we seated by the window, but they had printed 'Happy 11th Anniversary!' with the date listed on top of our menus. Such a thoughtful touch! The blackened swordfish was fantastic and the flat iron steak was prepared perfectly. The mud pie they sent over was enormous, but of course we made room for a taste. We will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfultraci509Dined on 9/24/2014After hearing great things about this establishment from many locals I finally had the opportunity to experience it. Great ambience and very knowledgeable and pleasant staff. The food was superb. I look forward to dining here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant evening on the patioMiloVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had dinner at an outside table right at the river on time for the sunset. We usually have dinner inside so this was a real treat. We had the hummus appetizer which was varied and very tasty. My wife had the stroganoff and ate all of it. She said it was the best she had ever eaten. I had the fish and chips which was a very good large serving and I couldn't eat all of it. We capped off the evening with a great port and merlot wine.Special Features:
- Party of five Bend nativesBendnativeDined on 9/11/2014First time dining under new owners. Love the place and many memories. The Chicken Marsala didn't have much flavor, the potatoes seemed institutional. The side dish of corn with peppers was the most flavorful but we needed something green with the dish, not more starch. It would be nice to have salad as part of the meal for the price. Of course the scones and honey butter were the food highlight. The other diners in our party thought their meals so- so (stroganoff and pasta dish) except the flat iron steak which was exceptional. Those that ordered drinks were pleased with them.Special Features:
- Avoid the meatloafUnforgettableDined on 9/11/2014We were greatly disappointed in our last annual visit to the Pine Tavern restaurant. We have had very nice experiences in previous years but this year was a real downer. The meatloaf which I order annually was overly dried up, tasted really old and had more indigestible items than I have ever before encountered. My wife did say that her trout special was good but overly spiced. The service was as poor as the meatloaf. The server seemed to forget what table she was at several times and delivered the entrees while we were just beginning on our salads. She just shoved stuff around until there was room on the table for the salad and the entrees. We had to ask her to return the entrees after we were through enjoying our salads.Special Features:
- good food terrible waitressbradleyDined on 9/6/2014Great food but lacking on service, made a reservation waited to be seated over half hour. Understandable about the wait it was busy, told the hostess it was my ten year wedding anniversary but the waitress seemed more interested in the two other couples on either side of us who were clearly older than me and my wife.Special Features:
- Perfect lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014It was a truly memorable experience. The patio was lovely with the flowers and view of the river. I enjoyed spareribs which were nearly perfect.Special Features:
- Dessert was the best.Benddiner59Dined on 9/4/2014The chicken marsala was delicious, although the portion size was only adequate. The pasta Primavera while very good was heavy on the white wine and kale. I think spinach would be a better ingredient. The price was high for what you received. The dessert, Naughty chocolate cake, was incredible! The crayons and paper over the white linen tablecloth was a fun touch. Great place to go and have dessert and coffee. Outdoor dining is incredible! We also met the new owner of the restaurant, Bill, and that is a first. He was gracious and friendly and we had a very pleasant conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing72countingDined on 9/3/2014Pine tavern has been an icon in Bend for decades. With new ownership it was hoped it would remain so. A few examples. Our table was in direct sun light. Asked for shade to be drawn, told it was broken, no apology. Asked for another table, we were put at the only busy part of the restaurant so our server was slammed. She did an excellent job given what she had. Betsy is the best. Dinner salad too huge and ugly looking, our crab cakes were mushy and tasteless. Our friends rib dish, too huge thrown on a huge bed of French fries. No way to cut the ribs without spilling the fries. Betsy was so busy we had to find someone else to clear our plates. If not for Betsy who is experienced and friendly the evening would have been a bust.
- MinnieDined on 9/2/2014Best fillet ever! Have eaten here many times and will continue to do so. Love dining out in back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/2/2014Would go back for happy hour small plates & drinks. Disappointed with half of the entrees the 6 of us ordered from the dinner menu.Special Features:
- unhappyunhappyDined on 8/30/2014The prime rib was cold and sent back the beef stroghinoff was tasteless and sent back,, the chowder was pasty, all in all the evening was a bust, after bringing guest from out of town. The mac and cheese was one step over Kraft.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food too rich for our taste. If you like lots of spicing and heavy sauces, then this is your place.Special Features:
- Solid but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Very solid American fare here, though service is lackluster.Special Features:
- DisappointingDaveDined on 8/25/2014Food was good - but not better. Rice was presented as from an upside down small cup. Not fine dining.Special Features:
- Just okJulesDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was super nice, food was not great. I had a tuna sandwich and it was very dry. Service was good, waiter was friendly. I hope my next visit is better. I love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Slow ServicebuglemeinDined on 8/23/2014We were seated (party of four) within five minutes by the Hostess. After being seated the waitress was very slow. like 40 minutes before we got our order taken. One of asked for a Fillet Medium well, it was like burnt. Suppose to be 8oz. it was maybe four oz. We asked the waitress if she could turn the A/C down, she said sure, it never happened, it was like 66 degrees in the restaurant!! We have dined here for over 40 years!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHAT93Dined on 8/22/2014Great location and beautiful scenery for outside dining. However, I find the food over priced for the quality. Need better selection of local micro beers. Having coors lite as the 4-5th choice for on-tap is discraceful for Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapponintedCookSeekingGreatMealDined on 8/18/2014Hit there on the wrong night? My meal (lamb chops, grilled corn, and a baked potato) was good (not extraordinary) and the lamb was cooked as requested. It was reasonably priced. My friend's dinner (petite filet & sides) was overpriced ($31.95) and the meat looked like a small overdone briquette. Our waiter (Max) was either having a very bad night or it was his first night as a wait person. Maybe an under-staffing issue? We had to ask for steak knives, and he actually asked for an explanation! I know this sounds small and petty but I really was disappointed in the meal and service. The outdoor seating in the lovely garden overlooking the river was the nicest part of our evening.Special Features:
- FIRST ANNIVERSARYourfirstanniveraryDined on 8/17/2014I took my beautiful bride he for our first anniversary. It was her first time to the Pine Tavern . We got to sit in back by the trees. what a view out the back . the food was amazing and the service was to notch . what a thunderstorm we got to watch . even had the owner stop by the table and talk with us , nice man . Would recommend the place to anyone who wants to eat at one of Bends finestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude hostessDavid4841Dined on 8/17/2014Made reservations via "Open Table". We wanted outside seating and were seated inside even though there were 4 tables open outside. Told we would have to wait back up front. Caprese salad was suppose to be an entree but was the size of appetizer at other restaurants. Usually a good place to dine but must have got them on a bad day.Special Features: