Pine Restaurant - Hanover Inn Dartmouth
2 East Wheelock Street
Hanover, NH 03755Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pine Restaurant - Hanover Inn Dartmouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pineatthehanoverinn.com/
- Phone: 6036468000
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Justin Dain
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: PINE has a wonderful private room that can accommodate 8.
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Landry 6036462072
A word from Pine Restaurant - Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Located in scenic Hanover NH across from the Dartmouth Green, Pine is an American Restaurant incorporating a farm-to-table philosophy, utilizing local ingredients throughout New England. Acclaimed Chef-Restaurateur Michael Schlow collaborates with Hanover Inn"s Executive Chef Justin Dain to create dishes that are well executed, sustainable and creative. Pine Restaurant is the "spot" in Hanover and throughout the Upper Valley and welcomes you 7 days a week for lunch, dinner and an amazing Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pine Restaurant - Hanover Inn Dartmouth - Best Restaurants in Hanover, NH ›
Pine Restaurant - Hanover Inn Dartmouth reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (16)good for groups (16)romantic (15)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (9)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- superb french foodilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 8/27/2014we thoroughly enjoyed this delicious French restaurant that transported us back to Paris. Delectable gougeres, duck confit salad, lobster with chanterelles, and wonderful profiteroles, strawberry tart and grand marnier souffle. would love to bring this restaurant home with us to NJ! great service as well. thank you.Special Features:
- they've come a long wayMooseVIPDined on 8/24/2014i've visited the inn for 50+ years. its dining history is, to be kind, a checkered one. the good news is that in its current incarnation new heights have been reached. very, very (if not great) good food, attractively presented at fairly reasonable prices. the ambience is exceptionally attractive, a recent renovation having succeeded admirably. oysters on the half shell have been consistently outstanding. the scallops are prepared just about as well as scallops can be prepared. when ordering salmon i ask for it "rare" because many kitchens tend to overcook fish. the chicken was ok; lobster/shrimp ravioli were better. portions are a bit modest: you're not going to wonder why there's so much food on the plate, but serving sizes are adequate.Special Features:
- Nice place.bapmanDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere is great, service is great and overall, a trendy place for a cocktail or to snack. Dinner was very good, but not off the hook for the prices of some of the mains. I was there with a date and at 10pm (on a Friday night no less), they turned up the lighting and we're setting tables, it kinda killed the vibe and made us feel like they we're saying get out now.... All in all a decent experience, but for what I spent, I expected a little better.Special Features:
- Great central locationFrancVIPDined on 8/20/2014Right on the green, at "the" hotel ...busy even at 8:30 reservation on a Wednesday night. All food selections were great, bar tender did well with cocktails, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is fabulousahimelsVIPDined on 8/9/2014As someone coming from manhattan, I was extremely impressed! The food, cocktails, and service is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale casualLinderDined on 8/9/2014I really liked the ambiance of Pine, it was clean and comfortable and not at all stuffy. I also enjoyed the "snack" options which were perfect for two people to munch on (we ordered the sour cream potato chips and the deviled eggs). The service was quick but didn't feel rushed. We were shocked that we were done with our meal about 40 minutes after we were seated. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014My family and I dined at Pine while visiting my son at Dartmouth. The food, atmosphere and service were exceptional. Pricey, but worth it. The scallops were fabulous and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- fussyladyDined on 8/3/2014I like the Pine a lot--wonderful vegetarian selections, very clean, food is excellent. The music leaves a lot to be desired---just noise and did detract. Might have been better with soft classical (Debussy, Chopin, Rachmaninoff), even Sinatra and Co; somehow the music just did not match the quality of the ambiance or the food. Shrimp, scallops just perfect; and next time: cauliflower steak!Special Features:
- Ok BrunchBrianCVIPDined on 8/3/2014We recently had Brunch at The Pine. The menu is limited and not very imaginative. The service was ok but nothing special. The place was empty but the servers were bunched together talking for much of our meal and were not paying attention to the patrons. I ordered a wine and had to remind the server about it. Twenty minutes after I ordered it, as I was finishing my entree it arrived. She apologized by saying "sorry but I am not used to people ordering wine in the morning", it was 1:30pm when my wine arrived, how thoughtful of her to comment. We are rooting for this restaurant but it continues to just miss the mark. It needs a manager that is present and observant of the staff and a chef that is willing to be a bit more adventurous.
- Convenient and great qualityMygaloshesDined on 8/2/2014Make sure you reserve way in advance for Pine. Your planning ahead will be worth it. Great food, service, and beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentbetsDined on 7/29/2014Really enjoyed our visit to the Pine. The service was excellent and I enjoyed the pea and ricotta tortellini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchScienceTeamDined on 7/29/2014Group of 6 in a private room for a business lunch. Great menu. We all loved our meals. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food fantastic/ service C-OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014We were sooo looking forward to dining at Pine. We arrived early (6;30) and were seated immediately. A young woman was our waitress, as we found out almost 10 minutes after sitting. Right, then we should have asked for another attendant. As she was not professionally trained and seemed to be more interested in talking to the bus boy then serving us dinner. The food was wonderful, the room beautiful, but the service DID effect our over all enjoyment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2014Our group of three hadn't been there before. We arrived on time for our reservation. Another group of three was seated just before us. That group was seated at a table next to a window with a view of the Green. The hostess took us a depressing table in the back of Pine. We saw an empty table next to a window with a view of the Green. The hostess said that table was already taken. Then she went to find the manager. That took about fifteen minutes. The manager was very nice and seated us at that table. The food was excellent. The next day, my wife reacted to some herbs which affected her everywhere. Next time, we will request a table with a view of the Green. We hope the hostess will be more friendly then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Our lunch was okay. Thought the ambiance was lovely, the waitress was quite annoyed when we talked and didn't order. Sour look, snippy replies were off-putting. The food was okay (grilled shrimp salad), the prices ridiculous - $50 for two salads and iced idea!! Are you kidding me? To end on a good note, though, I must say the two desk hostesses were helpful and friendly. All in all, would look elsewhere for a while, I am afraid.Special Features:
- Overpriced,bobospotVIPDined on 7/15/2014Pleasant atmosphere. Cocktails overpriced. Food Excellent to barely acceptable: Homemade sour cream POTATO CHIPS with truffle, chive & onion dip: ***** Crossroads Farm TOMATO & FENNEL soup with tasso ham & parmigiano: TASTY STEAK TARTARE with pickled shallots: REALLY UNEXCITING Ahi TUNA with cucumber, avocado, crispy tempura bits: UNEXCITING Crispy OCTOPUS with chorizo, potatoes, tiny onions & sauce vert: PERFECT! ***** Homemade GNOCCHI with fresh peas, smoked bacon & pecorino: GOOD, BUT THE PECORINO?? STEAMED PEI MUSSELS with roasted apricots, pickled ginger: ***** SCALLOPS with spinach, chanterelles, bacon & curry gastrique: VERY GOOD Bistro STEAK with shallot & jalapeno relish, local greens: EXCELLENT (Brussels Sprouts INCREDIBLY GOOD!)Special Features:
- mimilynDined on 7/14/2014We went to the Inn because our dad was the buyer three decades ago and loved taking his family there for dinner. The facility has changed in every way, which is not a bad thing. Our waiter, as it turned out, had been our parents' neighbor so we had some fun with him. Service was 5 star, quick, efficient, thoughtful. The food was 'eh' at best, but in Hanover you pay for locale and ambience. We went early, and were glad we did, because it got very very loud by about 6:15 on a Monday evening!Special Features:
- Nice mealjcarrmeVIPDined on 7/6/2014We eat here evrytime we go back to Dartmouth. Nice place, great food!Special Features:
- Menu has changed, prices gone upAnnieDined on 6/27/2014I was disappointed to see that the menu has changed (no spicy chicken salad), the portions have shrunk, and the prices have gone up. The "big salad" I ordered with shrimp was lacking in pizazz -- no tasty bleu cheese, no veggies other than the tomatoes, lackluster dressing. And the lettuce was long and stringy -- very hard to maneuver into my mouth. My light lunch cost me $23 with tip, and I was hungry immediately afterward. I won't be returning anytime soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Staff service was great, but not enough on duty; we had a half hour wait for drinks. Salad was SLIMY--ick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, Good FinishNYAKVIPDined on 6/18/2014Upon arrival, we waited at the entrance for 3 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. If Pine had an eye for service, the bartender who could see us would have flagged down the maitre d. When she finally did come over, she unfortunately did not apologize. Worse yet, after we were seated our server did not come over for another 5-10 minutes, despite the place being half full. The maitre d should have filled our water glasses. Anyway, the food was exquisite for Hanover standards! I would only say that caesar salads should never be made without romaine hearts, so when I tried the "baby kale caesar," the stems were like twigs and annoying. The croutons were also cheap/bagged. The tomato & fennel soup is superb, as are all the beef dishes.Special Features:
- Service good, seating rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014The food is good but not as remarkable as they'll like you to think. Too much dressing on the salads. Over-priced entres. Even if you've made a reservation, they'll be rude seating you.Special Features:
- Getting better and betterMooseVIPDined on 5/28/2014This was our 4th visit over the past few months and we have been delighted every time. The menu is not overly extensive but carefully chosen and beautifully prepared. We haven 't found comparably high quality dining anywhere in the area -- and always leave Pine smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerBradDined on 5/25/2014Went for the first time to Pune for my 3rd year anniversary dinner. Enjoyed a purposeful menu with great ambiance and amazing company. Left smilling and even 2 days later felt better than I have for having ate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable servicewoodrosesgirlDined on 5/22/2014The ambience was very pleasant and inviting. Food arrived at appropriate times. More than anything else was the fine service. It was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but pushy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our dinners immensely. We found the service, though, to be very rushed. I don't know if the tables were overbooked, but we felt that we were being hurried through the ordering, eating, and paying processes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Pine!SusaaanVIPDined on 5/11/2014Whenever we visit our son at Dartmouth, we dine at Pine. The food is fabulous - the staff very service oriented and interesting and we love the ambience, rain or shine. I have loved everything I have ordered on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Pine Restaurant - Hanover Inn Dartmouth reviews archive.
- Charming and Delicious Meals!GiidinesDined on 5/4/2014We had the pleasure of dining at Pine for both lunch and brunch during Dartmouth Family weekend and were absolutely thrilled with our experiences! The atmosphere was charming, busy but not overcrowded as the spacing with the tables is lovely. The service was outstanding with friendly, attentive staff. The decor and feeling of Pine makes one feel like she could be in Aspen, Colorado or at a New England Resort but without any pretentiousness. The waiting area in the hotel lobby is wonderful too, if one has to wait at all. I will go back to Pine at least once a trip while visiting my daughter in college!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at PineEnjoyGoodFoodVIPDined on 5/4/2014We took our daughter to Pine for brunch on Sunday of First Year Family Weekend because we thought it would be a special treat for her. They were terribly understaffed. When our server did come to our table, she apologized every time for being so slow which became annoying. The hostess could have come around to pour coffee or make herself useful, instead, she stayed glued to her stand and ignored the situation. The food selections were a little odd. They were trying to be different instead of just offering good food. We won't be back for brunch again in the future.Special Features:
- Wonderful food in Hanover, NHPickyEatersDined on 4/29/2014The food is superb; it's the second time we have dined there and both times superb food, excellent preparation, decent sizes (so one can have an appetizer, a main course, and dessert). Good wine list.Special Features:
- Improved serviceJamesBondDined on 4/25/2014Have been here before when service was lax, but clearly more attentive (at 6pm seating) and food was solid+. Oysters were good but at $3 apiece arguably pricey. Lamb very good. Save room for desserts. Worst service was getting the bill, but I do like to eat and run.Special Features:
- rather disappointinglocalresidentDined on 4/25/2014Despite having made a reservation weeks in advance, we were seated at a table next to a pillar that we bumped into throughout the meal. Our waiter provided the barest minimum of service. The chicken was overcooked and dry. Overall, a disappointing and over-priced meal.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 4/25/2014Very happy with the restaurant, first time at the Pine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GreatPeteDined on 4/13/2014We loved the Pine, again. Excellent food and impecable service. What more could one ask?Special Features:
- Keeps getting better!jsm23Dined on 4/12/2014This was my third visit, and service is much improved - the last 2 times there was a very long wait for the menus, the drink menus, and to order, but it seemed like some of the weird kinks have been ironed out. Great food, terrific cocktails, wonderful atmosphere, love it! A great addition to Hanover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2014Very good experience. Foodd choices were very good and prepared well. Service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, but pleasant enoughEMSNHDined on 4/6/2014We had not been here since the renovation - it is a very pleasant decor and atmosphere - but took our teenage son for a nice birthday dinner and the food was just average. Kind of a ridiculously small portion of "homemade" potato chips as an appetizer - I mean, how much could that have cost them to be a little more generous?
- overall excellentCableDined on 4/1/2014only negative is that the background music was a bit loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the duck confit, oh yesDuckyDined on 3/30/2014Menu included something new and different, service was timed right, coffee carafes nice touch at brunch time. I have been before and will come again thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for large familyquerty12Dined on 3/26/2014Went to dinner at Pine on Wednesday night. Nine of us ranging in age from 80's down to our 10 year old. Menu had something for everyone - good kids options and some really nice adult items. I had the beef ribs and they were delicious. Not terribly impressed with desserts. Service was good and I like the overall appearance of the place (but why the ugly ceiling tiles?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.