Pine Marten Lodge
13000 SW Century Dr
Bend, OR 97702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pine Marten Lodge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mtbachelor.com/
- Phone: (800) 829-2442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jon Calvin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Cross Street: Cascade Lakes Highway
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Plan to arrive at the base of Mt. Bachelor at least 25 minutes prior to your reservation time. This is to allow enough time for you to purchase a lift ticket and take the 12-15 minute chairlift ride up the mountain to Pine Marten Lodge.
A word from Pine Marten Lodge
Central Oregon's most unique dining experience! Step out onto the deck while the sun still lingers over the scenic Cascade Range. Savor gourmet cuisine as the summer colors begin to melt over the wilderness landscape. Complete your night with a moonlight chairlift ride down the slopes of Mt Bachelor..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Pine Marten Lodge - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
Pine Marten Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)special occasion (57)romantic (38)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Sunset DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I've been wanting to partake in a Sunset Dinner at Pine Martin for years and finally got the opportunity on the last night of the season. The resort was out of a lot of things (wine and food) and seemed to be short staffed. However, Erin made our evening awesome (thank you). I would highly recommend this to anyone local or visiting the Bend area. The view is amazing and the ride down the ski lift in the dark with all the stars is spectacular.Special Features:
- Great food, poor servicegeorgiaDined on 8/31/2014It was the last day open for the summer and the staff was not prepared. One person to take food and drink orders in the bar area. It took 40 mins to get 2 beers standing in line! We had 7:45 reservations and did not get seated until after 8. Our server forgot our appetizer order which then did not come until after our dinner. She also forgot our wine. Our food was delicious, however, especially the dessert. Obviously, the sunset and moonrise were gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewBonapeBendDined on 8/31/2014The sunset was fantastic and the food incredible. Aside from that, the rest went as wrong as it could. Don't try to get there early. You will not be seated and the wait in line at the bar was over an hour long to get a drink. Service was unorganized and impolite! Gorgeous setting though. They may have just been off there game that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for lunch, not dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Where do I start? View is incredible! Dinner ambience just okay. Dinner food fair. Good service from waitress. Hostess awful. Had a very early reservation so plenty of tables yet she proceeded to walk us to a corner table where only 2 of our party of 4 would have a view. When I asked if we could change our table her exact words were, "wellllll I guess. If you think you really 'need' to." It was so rude and unprofessional that I was in shock. The clincher though is the whole set-up seemed very contrived to sell bar drinks manned by one bartender but not part of the dinner area. They don't seat you at your reservation time but suggest you get a drink in a line that takes forever. I suggest going for lunch. The view is worth it.Special Features:
- Investigator writerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I would let people know about this dining experience . I would say whenbad weather comes int play maybe the next day let the ticket holders see the mountains ? The food was very good service good . I would say you could have alot of business for a football party if prices of ticket and a food item would be included would be a good idea we do this in minnesota to help the lodge keep business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly NOT GLOBAL WARMINGFireGuyDined on 8/30/2014We have been doing the moon light dinner on Labor Day Weekend since it started in the early 90's, this is the first time we had the cold rain. But it was still fun, Food was outstanding this time, noise level was way down in part because very small turnout this year (weather) had a good time, look forward to many moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise and amazingNanaNancyDined on 8/30/2014An amazing evening! Pine Marten Lodge is at the end of the Pine Marten chairlift at Mt. Bachelor. The view should have been amazing! Too bad we selected a rainy, foggy Saturday night at the end of August! We wore garbage bags up and down - we spent the whole lift rides laughing and wondering why we were at Bachelor. The wet and cold rides were worth it. The food was excellent and the service friendly! We enjoyed our dinners and would do it again next summer, but we would choose a better weather day at the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can see how it would be nice if…BigfootDined on 8/30/2014The hard part about this restaurant is guessing the weather. The food was good but a little spendy. The service was energetic. The lodge isn’t anything to write home about. We had booked a table two weeks prior but couldn’t make it and this was the next soonest reservation. We checked the weather cams and should have canceled. The lift ride was anything but pleasant. They had blankets and we had coats and an umbrella but even with those the wind was bone chilling cold. Dress casual and in layers. Keep in mind you have to ride down the lift after dinner as well. The temp drops and if there’s any wind you’d better be dressed for very cold weather. We will go again but in the middle of the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold and wetJeffDined on 8/30/2014Funny thing happened on our way to dinner Saturday, August 28th, the wind blew and the rain came. Very fun trip up the mountain with thick warm blankets provided by the lift crew and we set off on a foggy and soggy adventure. At the top and inside we were sitting at our table and the rain was leaking through the windows, and splashing our table and us. The gracious staff helped us move to a dryer table but the heat was seemingly turned off our coats and clothes didn't dry properly from the ride to up the hill during our hour or so in the restaurant. I would recommend the trip and dinner to anyone who enjoys being in the mountains. However, I was surprised at the lack of heart healthy items on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantoldCoupleDined on 8/30/2014The food was good. The service was good. Riding up and back on the chair was fun. One problem: Open Table reservation didn't get received at the restaurant. They made room anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very funLookingforfundinnersDined on 8/29/2014Our dinner at the Pine Martin Lodge was very memorable. The food is good, and service was good. The overall experience was very positive and not overly priced. The ride up and back was very beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Passion and Heart!!!ILoveBendDined on 8/29/2014Sunset dinners at Pine Martin Lodge has the potential of being on the top 5 things to do in Bend, but unfortunately falls well short. The view doesn't disappoint, but the restaurant lacks passion, both in the food and in the management. Mt. Bachelor really needs to step up and not take the tourist dollar for granted. Hopefully when the sunset dinners come back next year we see a new menu, spiced up décor, better trained staff, and top notch kitchen. And show some passion!Special Features:
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerTBX2Dined on 8/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Pine Marten Lodge and had a wonderful dinnner! It was especially fun because a wedding party was taking pictures and buzzing around the bar. Our server was charming and efficient! The chair lift ride up and down from the restaurant was a great way to experience the true mountain spirit of Pine Marten. Having studied the wine menu ahead of time, we brought our own bottle of wine. Our daughter was in town and joined us at the last minute. We all ordered different entrees and really enjoyed our dinners. The brussel sprouts with bacon jam were delicious as a shared appetizer. We plan to go to Pine Marten again sometime.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Bar ran out of Riesling after one glass. Food server must have been brand new. She did not know the menu.Food was cold. Forgot to bring baked potato. Dirty salad plates sat piled on our table for at least 15 minutes. For $180.00 meal, i have had far better. View was outstanding. If there is a next time i would just eat in the bar for a third the price.Special Features:
- Pine Marten Lodge71934OBDined on 8/29/2014The trip up the ski lift is exciting and affords great views of the mountains. The restaurant takes full advantage of the views combined with excellent food and good service . The overall experience is well worth it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views but not a great value!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I really enjoyed the views and the lift ride but the food was very overpriced for what you got and bartender was not very skilled. The beer and wine selection was good. I expected more with the $14 lift ticket just to get to the lodge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Sunset DinnerTrulybad4Dined on 8/24/2014A beautiful sunset, celebrating an anniversary. Server was very pleasant. However, food was terrible. Ordered a filet and pork chops with pilaf. The entire center of the filet was fat, so very little was edible. The pork chops were good but the pilaf was not. Not sure what flavor the chef was trying to achieve but nothing I would want to eat again. Sunset was the only good experience from the evening. We live in Bend, have dined there many, many times. We were truly disappointed! We will no longer have a sunset dinner at the lodge and will no longer recommend the dinner to visitors and friends.Special Features:
- mountains2foodDined on 8/24/2014best burger ever...food was very gourmet and ambience is unbeatable. Loved the chairlift ride, too. Service was excellent..yes, expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- PleasantlysurprisedPleasantlysurprisedDined on 8/24/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the ambiance and the quality of food. We had some glitches but the manager took care of us in a very nice way. Our waitress Deb was a delightful person and really tried to please. Nicky had an attitude which was not very good, she assisted the waitress in opening a bottle of Champagne we brought and Nicky was going to open it with a cork screw starting in the middle of the cork. We said that Champagne usually is opened with a towel and pushed facing away from the diners. She was offended by that and showed it, which was not necessary, we felt. Other than that all went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full house?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The experience was nice but modifying my reservations was not. A couple of days before my reservation I found out a very important guest could make it. When I tried to modify my numbers on line it would not allow it. I tried to make a brand new reservation but it would not go through when I tries to cancel the first one and add another. So I called Mt Bachelor directly. She tried on line and said I could not because it was full and did not offer any alternate dates until later in the week. I was bummed, there were hurt feelings among the going away party, and then when we got there the resteraunt was only about 30% full? Needless to say...this was disappointing. Perhaps a different format for reservations reflecting accuracy would help thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantickiss4uDined on 8/23/2014Good service and a nice selection of menu items. A little on the expensive side since you have to order all sides separately. But the items can be shared that was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful evening on the mountain.whiteshadowDined on 8/23/2014Online reservation system was easy. Lift ride up was gorgeous. Checked in for dinner, hostess forgot us. Dinner was good. Servers appear to need more training. Manager is clueless. Overall a nice job creating a fine dining experience in a ski lodge. (Something funky going on the kitchen... MSG possibly???)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DiningWillowDined on 8/22/2014Although the food preparation and choices were 5 star, the portion sizes were a bit small. The service was also slow, but well worth the wait. The sunset views are spectacular, and the ride down at night is a very special thing to do. Providing the wool blankets is a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The experience was great with the views. They should advise the person making the reservation though that if you want a window seat, you must ask. The service was very slow, terrible actually. It took a very long time to get any water and drinks. Luckily there is a bar there to purchase the drinks while you wait for the waitress to come to the table, every 20 minutes or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bushwackerDined on 8/22/2014Not many mountain top areas have excellent dinning. The views are worth it alone. I didn't expect great food, but it was. We will be back next year. The bar is kinda funky, but after you get your drink you can stagger outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I love skiing at bachelor, and was looking forward to this dinner all summer. The food was good, but quite expensive. The service was poor- long wait for drinks, service on bill, etc. I expected service to match price and location. Despite window seat, sunset view was blocked by tourists and photographers. They should probably restrict balcony a bit so diners can actually enjoy the view too without leaving their meal. I will probably go back for the location, but not food or service.Special Features:
- Service needs helpdiningwithaviewDined on 8/17/2014The food was quite good, the service was terrible. Waitress misrepresented lamb mini plate saying 8-10 ribs, we got 6. Kitchen divided our meals into two courses without informing the table. Two of six ordered one plate which came first instead of with main meal. Their food was either cold from waiting to eat with everyone or they ate first and watched the rest eat. We have been numerous years but the service continues to be a real problem. Please do some training of wait staff or hire those who know how to work in a restaurant. Thanks. Room is very noisy-many could not hear the waitress at the end of the table as she explained the menu. She chose not to come around to talk so all could hear. Again...wait staff is a real problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014In regards to service, the server was excellent but the wait for food and the bill were quite long; can't complain too much as the entertainment of the mountain tops and sunset could not be beat. All in all a great experience and will do it again next year. A great way to impress out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining!BendrocksDined on 8/17/2014Everything about this restaurant is amazing! The view, the service and the food is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bar/tender is a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My group came in early to enjoy a cocktail. The line to the bar was 15 people long. After about a 20+ minute wait, it became clear that the 2 staff were not capable of what is required to keep things moving. The entire line was frustrated. I actually saw someone in line confront another patron for taking too long to place their order for their drink. That type of customer frustration is indicative of poor service. To make things even worse, when my group got to the bar, the bartender was rude, and among other things, aloof to the situation of a long line. She seemed ill equipped to keep pace, or just had no sense of urgency. I was in Saturday the 16th.
- Pine MartenfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent, but the service was slow. Had to wait too long for food.Special Features:
- Go for the view, not the foodLindsayVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our waitress Andrea was AMAZING, friendly attentive and apologetic when our food was messed up. Tables were WAY too close together, our window had broken blinds ( which according to the bus boy were broken all season). Salad was awesome but main courses were total let down, over cooked burger, soggy ducky breast skin. Factor in the lift ride $$ and next time we will just go for drinks. The view is incredible but Mt Bach needs to step it up in the kitchen for a true experience. Even killing one table by the windows so other patrons actually have room to move their chair out would be an improvement.Special Features:
- BlancheDined on 8/16/2014perfect for a summer evening, spectacular view. Great food, good selection, everything made to perfection. Only downside, wet chair seat on ride up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProcyonProcyonDined on 8/16/2014It is hard to bet the view from your table! We were very pleasantly surprised by the food. It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rryanDined on 8/16/2014I brought my parents from out of town as well as an Italian exchange student that was staying with us.View was beautiful but ambiance,service and food were poor.They brought the wrong dish to one of us so we had to wait for another dinner to be cooked.Special Features:
- Food view great. Service was awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014There were 7 of us in the group. The wait staff were nice enough but we asked for water a couple of times before we got it. Several tables that came in behind us were served before us. The food was really good and teh view spectacular, but they must have been short staffed. That is the only excuse for such poor service. When we were ready to leave we couldn't find anyone to take the payment so I had to wander into the kitchen as we were being completely ignored by the staff who were wrapping up for the night.Special Features:
- DuckDined on 8/15/2014We brought our Daughter in law and two grandchildren (13 & 9) for a special dinner. The chair lift was great. We were seated quickly at a nice table by the window, our order taken in a timely manner. The wine was quite expensive for a very short almost half pour glass. The food was good but a little pricey, especially $9 for a local green salad with less than a whole strawberry sliced and a few hazelnuts. This was our second visit, would come again but only for very special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and smile inducingEatout2niteDined on 8/15/2014Skiers and non-skiers can join hands while riding a lift to the middle of the Cascade range and a fine dining experience. Mt. Bachelor's Pine Marten Lodge offers a diverse menu to please all ages and appetites in a setting guaranteed to conjure the word "awesome."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Service was outstanding Nicki was great! Food was also very good. Better than expected. Dining room was kind of plain, but hey the view made up for all of that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveninglovelivinghereDined on 8/10/2014The view and sunset alone make this worth it. The food is very good, but a bit expensive for the quantity. The service was outstanding though I'd like to see them dress up the place a bit more...finer chairs, decorations, etc. We brought some friends visiting from Germany and they absolutely had a wonderful evening.Special Features: