Pine Lodge Steakhouse
1520 Deep Creek Drive
Mchenry, MD 21541Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Pine Lodge Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pinelodgesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3013876500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pine Lodge Steakhouse
Pine Lodge Steakhouse offers freshly prepared food in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. In this majestic rustic log lodge, they serve only the finest cuts of beef, as well as, salmon, cold-water lobster, ahi tuna, crab cakes and more. A specialty of the house is their famous Creamy Crab Soup - it's a favorite among the locals!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pine Lodge Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Mchenry ›
Pine Lodge Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fishing902Dined on 10/18/2014When our order came my husbands was wrong. The waitress was kind and apologized. My husband was given an order of fries to eat while the correct order was prepared. This messed up our entire dinner as my food was on the table and his was not. My husband said that his steak was not very good and he did not desire to eat here again. For the price, we do not feel that the restaurant was worth the money. I've had better meal at Outback steak house. The side salads were delicious however. Most crisp salads we have had.Special Features:
- JROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very nice atmosphere with excellent staff...some of the friendliest folks at the lake. Add to this a well prepared, diverse menu...will be back!Special Features:
- Worth itJeffandHollyDined on 9/29/2014We had been to Pine Lodge the about 2 weeks before our last visit. We ate in the dining room, which was a perfect setting for a special occasion. We thought it would be a great place to take out of town guests. I made reservations. Then, when we arrived they said that the dining room was closed during the week at this part of the season and that we could sit anywhere we wanted in the bar. The wine and food were excellent. The bar was is nice if you want to be in a bar. We wanted to have a special occasion, quiet, fine dining experience., which it wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok!Bree7Dined on 9/6/2014Pine Lodge Steakhouse was fair! I was there with a group of 7 people. When we arrived we were seated right away. The restaurant was empty for the most part. We were the only people seated in the entire upstairs portion of the restaurant. Our reviews for the food were mixed. I personally ordered Chicken Parm which was disguisting. The chicken was really dark as if it had been refried and the pasta was tasteless. I ended up sending my food back and got boneless wings (which were ok) instead. Everyone thought the food was a bit pricely and the price didn't match the quality. If given the opportunity I would not revisit this restaurant.
- Wine Festival pick at the LakeMercDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful log cabin setting fit for folks looking for a 5 star meal. While everything is a la carte your total price isn't much more than you'd pay at a fine restaurant. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Very lodgeyVickytooDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was spacious with beautiful beams of pine logs. We had the special wine dinner in celebration of the Deep creek Wine Festival. The dinner was delicious. The peach Bellini was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyHcchDined on 9/4/2014The food was good but somewhat pricey. The service was great. They ran out of bread and the special. I would go back but not right away.Special Features:
- Good steak, but service not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We went here for our anniversary. The food was good but the service was unfortunately not great. The waitress came to take our order before even asking us for drinks so we ordered everything at once. She was not personable at all. Didn't ask us to cut our steaks when we were served, and gave us a check that was 50 more than what our actual bill should have been. She waited for us to pay and when she saw we had a discount card ran back to get a revised receipt. She never apologized and luckily we looked at the receipt otherwise we would have been way overcharged! Disappointing to say the least for the money we paid and service recieved.Special Features:
- Delicious Foodnhutz93Dined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend and I spent our 4 year anniversary together at Pine Lodge Steak House. I had the Oak Barrel steak and she had steak Alfredo. We both really e noted our time there. Best steak we ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, all aroundchopin224Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent, the service was the same. We dine at your place every time we visit Deep creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep Creek RestaurantamlyDined on 8/19/2014We actually liked the Saloon better (downstairs from the restaurant- same menu) . The food was a bit pricey. The crab soup was good. They did have a special which seemed like a good deal, but the entrees on the special did not appeal to us.Special Features:
- FiletsPittsburghViewsDined on 8/17/2014The opener was Prime Rib Bites, great tasting, nice touch with the horseradish sauce; next French Onion soup-best we've ever had; entrée was beef filets-cooked to perfection, excellent flavor and sear. Lastly the drinks-Bloody Mary and Strawberry Daiquiri, superb.Special Features:
- Great evening out!StarOfTheTableDined on 8/16/2014A great time was had by all in my group. We were seated immediately and our server (Jenner) was delightful. The crab soup really is as amazing as everyone says! Everyone had a great meal and the staff was very attentive. The only thing I wasn't overjoyed about was the a la carte menu pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fettichine Alfredo Grilled ChickenDeepCreekBobDined on 8/9/2014'Unremarkable' would best describe the meal. The Alfredo sauce was very uninspired (commercial?) and would not rate well relative to bottled supermarket sauce and would not even rate on the same scale relative to refrigerated supermarket sauces. The grilled chicken had been grilled much earlier and was pretty much tasteless. On a relative scale of one to ten giving a ten to Carrabba's for comparison purposes, I would give Pine Lodge's version of fettuccine Alfredo a four. My wife, however, had the ribs and chicken combo and considered it good to very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are the best on the menuDCdinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014We went for a special occasion and enjoyed the atmosphere and service. We order two entrees: 5 oz. fillet and the flounder. The flounder was good topped with crab and hollandaise sauce. The filet was truly tasty and done as ordered. Everything comes ala carte here including the bread. It was served warm and the butter had just a hint of honey in it. We each had a house salad that were standard portion. The key lime pie was delightful and definitely order again when we return to Pine Lodge.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHappyNeighborDined on 8/5/2014Great crab soup, apple, walnut & cranberry salad and crab cakes... and sirloin.Special Features:
- Great find at Deep Creek LakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014We had an excellent dinner out on the deck at sunset. All of our meals were excellent. The portions on some of the dishes were small and they don't come with anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandDudeDined on 7/24/2014It was a good restaurant. We had our grandkids with us and they did a great job serving their needs. Food was good but a little pricy. Overall it was a good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014There was nothing special about Pine Lodge Steakhouse. My wife had a filet/crab combo and I had prime rib. Both steaks were were overcooked. Everything was a la carte which was fine, but $2.00 for the bread and butter was a bit over the top. My wife had a sweet potato casserole that was excellent. I had lyonnaise potatoes that could have been a little more browned. The asparagus was nothing special. The wine list was very limited. The young server did a good job.Special Features:
- nice placewannabefoodieDined on 7/11/2014The food was pretty good. I didn't care for the a la carte pricing because it made me feel like I was paying a lot for a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caught on a bad night?WanderingNomadDined on 7/5/2014Hi -- the service was extremely slow the night we were there. We were told there was a large party (40 people) that impacted the kitchen's performance. Over an hour from the time we ordered to the time we were served. Our server was very polite, apologetic, and kept us apprised of the situation, so no complaints there. For our troubles (and withou solicitation) we were given a $15 Smiley's card -- that was essentially useless to us, since we were departing the following morning. A discount on the check would have been a better gesture. We were all happy with the food; we dined outside and it got a bit chilly after dark (so bring a sweater!). I would definitely give them another chance. . .Special Features:
- happygirlDined on 7/2/2014The waiter was rushing us to take our order and for the price of the meals it should've included salad and rolls. Very disappointed.
- Disappointing for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We chose Pine Lodge for our 24th Anniversary dinner. It was a disappointment on all fronts. The server was not acquainted with the bourbons available and had to consult with the bartender. The food just did not taste very full flavored or interesting. Although I requested a reservation on-line, there was no discount on my bill and I had to send it back to have it recalculated. We will not be returning.
- Great experienceKenDebDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten here a few times and this time the food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Pine Lodge Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Very Slow ServiceKenDebDined on 6/26/2014We sat for quite a while until the hostess ended up taking our drink order. Then it seemed to be another long wait to place our food order. The restaurant is not usually like that -- must have been an off night.
- A La Carte for everything?NormalguyDined on 6/14/2014$35 for a steak then you pay extra for a baked potato, salad and EVEN BREAD!!!! The food just isn't t that good. Potato was old and yellow and filet was over cooked. The beer was cold which was good. Service is good, atmosphere is good.Special Features:
- Great serverEmDubsDined on 6/7/2014I cannot remember the name of our server but he was fantastic! We came in on Saturday, June 7th with a party of 8 girls. He was energetic, informative about the menu as well as the area, and timely. He made our dinner celebration a great one!Special Features:
- adequateIHeartFrenchFoodVIPDined on 6/6/2014Mediocre food. Mildred's chicken was just a butterfly chicken breast with sprinkle cheese. Peanut butter pie was very salty.Special Features:
- Weekend Trip 05/30/2014-06/01/2014szottjmDined on 5/31/2014First time visiting the Pine Lodge Steakhouse. Service was very fast and food was decent. Would visit again.Special Features:
- Our favorite place!katmarieDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I first ate here on our honeymoon and now it's officially "our place." The servers remember us every time we go (even though it's only every couple of months), and the overall service is excellent. As for food, everything we've had is absolutely delicious and the imaginative cocktails are scrumptious as well. I highly recommend the calamari or crab dip as an appetizer and the Pine Lodge punch to drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food is fairly good, not outstanding. We had to wait a long time to get waited on. We had reservations. People were coming in after us and getting waited on so I caught a server and he said our server had to leave. Made me wonder. Food is expensive. We don't mind to pay the money if you get a substantial portion. Portions are average. I think bread should be included at no additional charge. We paid $120 for three meals and only soft drinks, no alcohol. Thanks!!Special Features:
- Great SteakwanderlustDined on 5/10/2014The steak was great, service and ambiance were good but not amazing. Overall good food in an unpretentious atmosphere, what you would expect for a small town.Special Features:
- Easter DarkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Got there right on time, but the place was closed. I already informed the restaurant and got a response.
- Nice Dinner out at the LakeTheWalkersDined on 3/27/2014My husband and and I were in Deep Creek for the week and decided to make reservations for dinner one night. We are in Deep Creek often & have never eaten here. We finally decided to give it a try. We were a bit disappointed we ended up eating at the bar when we had made a reservation, but the bartender was nice & made a good drink. Next time we make a reservation here if we are going to be seated in the lounge I would have been prefer to be warned about this. Also, I was between 2 meal choice & the option I was leaning towards ended up not being available until the weekend which was frustrating. Had it not been for the great bartender and the food actually being very good, we would have been very disappointed with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cream of Crab Soup- Best Everfoodie4everVIPDined on 3/5/2014We dined in the bar since the restaurant was not open on a slow weeknight. Nice ambience with a fireplace and view of the lake. The crab soup was so filled with crab that the spoon actually sat on the top without sinking down! I had an appetizer salad (Pine Lodge Teaser) with mesclun, lots of chunks of properly done-to-order medium rare seared beef, sliced raw onion, a mound of hot shoestring fries on the top. A cup of blue cheese crumbles and a cup of dressing came with it. It was FABULOUS. It was big enough for dinner for a moderate eater.My husband ordered a steak and lyonnaise potatoes which were very good. We went back 2 days later and both had the Teaser for a late lunch a winner. Gluten free options availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outtomjozimDined on 2/16/2014There were two of us dining. We had 2 appetizers to start which were both fantastic followed by crab cakes and steak for our main courses. Both were excellent. I recomment the Oak wood sirloin. It was glazed and fabulous. The waiter was nice and friendly. If back in the rea again, we would for sure eat here again. It is pricey, so keep that in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ski Weekend complete!AwesomeFoodDined on 2/15/2014The Pine Lodge Steakhouse was a perfect end to a snowy Saturday spent at WISP. The restaurant was seconds from the resort and had the perfect food and drinks to finish the day. The service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere was much like a Ski Lodge. They made my wife's meal complete with a delicious Moscow Mule to go along with her dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKevcanDined on 2/15/2014Waiter had no clue about wine. Ordered a bottle of wine for our table and he brought out glasses of house wine instead. Got 2 of the orders wrong at our table of 4. Good bar food. But not a good nice dinner place. Overpriced on the main entrees for the quality of food you get.Special Features:
- MarginalWinterhollowDined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for Valentines Day. Got to the restaurant 5 minutes before out 6:30pm reservation. When I approached the hostess station to check in, it was clearly evident that they were extremely unorganized and busier than they could handle (and there was only two other parties of two waiting). Told the hostess my name and that we had a 6:30pm reservation. While they were looking for a table another couple came in and said they had a 7:00pm reservation and they took them in immediately. The service was extremely slow especially given the fact that about half the tables were empty. The steaks were tough and not cooked to order. The sides (baked potato) were dry and overcooked. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON PINE LODGE!!!!!!Special Features:
- Valentine ski trip in wisp ski areFoodylookinforgoodfooDined on 2/10/2014Very quiet, nice big fire felt like we were in a tru ski lodge, what we were looking for. Food was fair, a lot of it. But hit the spot at nightSpecial Features: