Pinch - American Grill
810 Yonkers Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pinch - American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinchusa.com/
- Phone: (914) 457-2541
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fabienne Eymard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Central Park Ave
- Public Transit: From GRAND CENTRAL:
• Take Metro North Harlem Line to the Fleetwood Train Station.
• Then take the FREE Empire City Shuttle or a taxi-cab to Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
Using NYC Subway & Bus
• Take the #4 Train to Woodlawn then take Bee-line Bus #20 to Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at Central Avenue and Clark Street (Entrance 2) for a nominal fee and free above $50 of spending at the restaurant
We offer free self-parking as well (Entrance 1 &3) with shuttle bus service
A word from Pinch - American Grill
An innovative concept in casual dining, pinch at Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway, is a slice of 1950s Americana with premium food and drink for dinner daily. Enjoy American and international classics with 100 New York beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinch - American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great for dinner and growler fansJDLLJCLDDAFDined on 11/19/2014We went for an early dinner on our way to the theater. Service was excellent, food was much better than we expected. The breaded, grilled chicken was outstanding and the mac and cheese was rich and delicious. For the beer drinkers, there is a huge variety of choices from ales, to dark ales to every flavor imaginable. We are not beer drinkers, so I can't comment on them. The service was excellent. The waiter was attentive but not intrusive. We enjoyed our dinner and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go there with kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014As it stands in the middle of the casino. So we had to get an escort to get there !
- TufgivupTufgivupDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was very impressive at first glance and certainly is not your ordinary eatery, however the tables and chairs could be a bit more strudy and comfortable, respectively. While the food is exceptional, more variety would enhance the experience of an excellent chef and team. I highly recommend Pinch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HVRW funchefmomDined on 11/7/2014We love dining at Pinch. Food was excellent. Service was excellent as always . We dine here often. The kitchen never fails to please us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and phenomenal foodSwjtesDined on 11/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Pinch. The service was amazing and the food was wonderful. The manager and chef made our night one to remember by adding special touches to our dinner service. Imagine Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the rim of my dessert plate! Truly a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-sobettyboop777Dined on 11/5/2014I had seen this restaurant walking around the casino. It looked cute so I thought I'd try it. They took part in Restaurant Week so my friends and I decided to try it. Some of us at from the prix fix restaurant week menu and others chose from the regular menu. They have a large selection of beers on tap. I had the butternut squash soup and tuna tartar were yummy. That's about all the positive things I can say. The crab cakes and salmon tasted very fishy and the chocolate cake was so-so. The waiter although patient when taking our order, rarely came to the table to check on us even though the place was pretty much empty on a Wednesday night. Our water glasses rarely got refilled. Overall poor food and poor service.
- Pinch BurgerGoldieDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I were greeted as we entered and quickly shown to our table. Our server (Orlando) was very attentive and offered for us to taste different ales we were considering and then made a recommendation that was perfect. We opted for Pinch burgers. They were awesome. Looking forward to making a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 10/5/2014Filet mignon is the top of the line. You will love it. They have a prefix menu as well which includes appetizer meal and dessert. Reasonable in price. .. Must try it if there..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodSmokeybiker1Dined on 10/3/2014We have eaten her a few times. Never disappointed with the food people service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 9/25/2014You have to try the filet mignon you're gonna love it served along side a half baked onion. But you may want to get a side of asparagus as they make that perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinch American GrillEMWADined on 8/22/2014Everything about our dining experience was outstanding!Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Pinch - American Grill reviews archive.
- jennDined on 7/13/2014The staff were very friendly and even took time to direct us to the outdoor concert. Will be back! We ordered the Seafood Tower for two and it was very fresh and filling. The cold cucumber soup was refresing as well. They have an extensive beer list, which was good for my husband as we were celebrating his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughPinchVIPDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food with great service. The dishes are interestingly prepared with a twist. Desserts are great. Everyone is friendly and very professional.Special Features:
- Pinch is our burgerr spot.johbronartsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Pinch is our favorite restaurant at Yonkers Empire Casino in NY. It's simple clean atmosphere is peaceful. But, I hate the seating. The tables are too close. And, not enough tables just for 2. But, thd the drinks are kicking....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionVmomVIPDined on 7/6/2014Loved the chicken wings and $35 prix fixe 3-course dinner. The service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinch is our burgerr spotjohbronartsVIPDined on 7/5/2014My lil loves the Pinch burger with the porkbelly & egg...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 6/28/2014Once again had the filet mignon and it was great.. It never failed. . Not yet. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 6/27/2014The filet mignon is to die for. .. Just saying.. You may want to try it and the side of asparagus is our of this world. . They are fat and cooked just right..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodTobyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food is always good. Would be better for regular diners to have more specials
- Consistently good foodTobyVIPDined on 6/22/2014One of Westchester's best restaurants. Food prices are a bit too high for non-gamblers with no discount or comp dollars. Worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered GemPinchVIPDined on 6/21/2014Each time we visit Pinch, we are amazed by the great detail to each meal. The food is great and the service unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerjohbronartsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Pinch is our favorite burger spot at Yonkers Empire Casino in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy anniversary pinchchefmomDined on 6/19/2014We were happy to come dinr with our restauramt family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Empire CityTobyVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is the only restaurant worth eating at at Empire City. Chef is excellent. Menu should be expanded a bit. Let's hope the Rooneys don't interfere and make this restaurant as bad as everything else there.
- Pinch...has becomed my burger spotjohbronartsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Pinch is nice...The staff is friendly and professional. The drinks are strong...Management is visible and helpful.Special Features:
- food great, host not so muchloretta59Dined on 5/31/2014although reservation was made, the host made an announcement that anyone without reservations could follow him and they were seated before guests with reservations. made no sense to me. Manager came to each table to see how everything was - we let him know. He was glad we said something becasue we were not the only customers who told him. He had already talked to the host and told him he must seat reservations first that is why they make the reservation. The host actually told him he was wrong. Lucky for him, I'm not his boss - he would be gone.. Anyway, we shall see the next time. Food is good, our waiter who we have had before is great, food is slow coming out.Special Features:
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 5/23/2014As I have said in the past this is a very good place to eat. The filet mignon is scrumptious. You will enjoy though a bit pricey but worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 5/18/2014This is where you will want to eat. Good food and service. Very accommodating and pleasant. Maybe a bit pricey in certain items but somethings are worth it. They have an awesome filet mignon. Got to go there at least once. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can get past the slots....Lydia731Dined on 5/11/2014There is good food upstairs at Pinch, in the Empire Casino at the Yonkers Raceway complex. The service is a smidgin slow, but getting better, and the food is actually pretty good, as good as at any beer tap restaurant in the City. Pinch carries a large variety of beers, we liked our own Brooklyn beer on tap (not the adventurous types, we are). The menu is American food with the best fries out there. The steaks are perfectly done and bigger than you should be having. The soup the jour never dissapoints. My husban and I land there every chance we get. Sometimes we go for the food, not for the slots!Special Features:
- POOR SERVICE & PRICEY COCKTAILSDISAPPOINTINGDined on 5/11/2014We had a 5:30 pm reservation for three people on Mother's Day and the restaurant was not full. The service was horrible and there was no spacing between our courses. We ordered cocktails, appetizers and entrees. The cocktails took a while in coming. The appetizers were brought to us and dinner was served before we finished our appetizers. I felt extremely rushed. There was no reason for the rush as the restaurant had no line & less than 40 people eating. My husband ordered a Grey Goose Martini and was charged $15.69! A bit pricey, don't you think? We've had dinner at a five star restaurant that charged less. The bill was wrong two times and finally the manager was called. It was a horrible experience, especially on Mother's Day!
- Overrated and Overpricedmandalin216Dined on 4/25/2014Restaurant is very large with a big bar and a ton of great local beers to try on tap. The music is loud and meant to be "energetic", but it was so loud that we couldn't hear each other across the table. I had pulled pork tacos and it was not the quality or flavor I was expecting. It had the texture of stringy refried beans and a sweet flavor. Everything was way overpriced and when we saw the food at the other restaurants at Empire City, we wished we choose one of those instead. Disappointed, because it looks like a great place.Special Features:
- Southern Delight a hit at Pinch!ChickDined on 4/18/2014I would recommend Pinch to anyone looking for an upscale dining experience. With it's amazing dinner specials and menu you won't be disappointed.I recently had a dinner special of chicken and waffles. Tender moist chicken with crisp waffles served with cheesey grits . A southern treat!I hope it is added to the regular menu! Save room for dessert. The Pinch Sundae with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce are a perfect way to end your meal. The Cream Brulee is also a delight. Pinch is the perfect place to relax and enjoy your meal. The servers are available to answer all your questions. Don't hesitate to ask for anything. Don't be afraid to try something new . I did and I ended up loving it. Enjoy your dining experience!Special Features:
- Staff handled it, welljohbronartsVIPDined on 4/10/2014I witnessed bartender Monique handle a customers' complaint with sincerity and professionalism. Apparently, the couple next to me was insulted when a staff member asked 'if she had a problem? ' ; cause she put her feet on the chair. Bartender, Monique apologized to the couple on behalf of Pinch and gladly got the manager to compensate the couple for the bad taste left in their mouth by the rude comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly PinchPattiGDined on 4/9/2014Pinch is a pretty restaurant. The food was okay, although quite pricey. I ordered a salad with house dressing and it came without any dressing at all. When I brought it to the attention of the server, she said she would bring it right over. However, although she passed our table several times, it took at least ten minutes before she brought over the salad dressing. I went to Pinch because I had a $20 off coupon. It appeared that most of the people there also had coupons. In my opinion this restaurant is quite pretentious and has no business at Empire Casino.
- Pinch was greatjohbronartsVIPDined on 3/27/2014Pinch was great this time....We sat at the bar and the Bartender Monique was EXCELLENT! !! Friendly, Professional and very Attentive. ...And, our drinks were slamming. My volka martine was smooth....Great Job. I highly recommend an evening at Pinch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and poor foodlottery4youDined on 3/26/2014The food was not good. I ordered Surf & Turf and when I was served, the Turf (Steak) was good, but the Lobster was supposed to be 1/2 of a Lobster for $18.00, (just for the 1/2 Lobster) and the steak was $27.00. The prices did not bother me until I was served. The Steak was fine, but the Lobster portion was not served as 1/2 lobster, it was two small pieces of lobster. They said it was from the claw and the tail. When I order a 1/2 lobster, I expect to get 1/2 lobster. When I said something, the manager said that was the way they served it. I also ordered grilled vegetables, and they came soggy and almost burnt. THE SERVICE AS ALSO VERY BAD and I was not at all happy
- Inept service ruined my birthdayDrMartinVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was fairly solid here, though the Ceasar Salad was bland (but plentiful) and the meat perfectly cooked though underseasoned. Decor was nice but could use some serious sound dampening from the chaotic sounds of the casino. What ruined this meal for me was the inept wait staff. Took 20 minutes to pour water at first, practically had to beg him to wait on us. Then long wait for drinks, wobbly table and they spilled some of my drink fixing it (maybe remove liquids first next time?), then he didn't know which oysters were which, then completely forgot our lobster tail, took 15 minutes to remove empty plates,then brought cold coffee with milk (not cream?). He just kept apologizing. My wife won't consider returningSpecial Features:
- Beer Taps at the TableXRA1704Dined on 3/21/2014There are Microbrew beer taps at the table. Need I say more. There are several of these tables. Best to make a reservation for one. Also each table has a different selection. It may be good to ask what selection is at which table. Food is good but price; you are in a casino. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Best in Empire CasinoPinchVIPDined on 3/15/2014Pinch served a good dinner with nice presentation. Seafood Tower very good and steaks deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, however,MurphDined on 3/15/2014The food was very good, however, the wait for drinks was terribly long. It took over 30 minutes to get our drinks. Then we ordered a bottle of wine which again took a painfully long time. The food also was very slow in coming out to our table. They need to improve these areas or we will not be back again.