Pinch - American Grill
810 Yonkers Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pinch - American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinchusa.com/
- Phone: 9144572541x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fabienne Eymard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Central Park Ave
- Public Transit: From GRAND CENTRAL:
• Take Metro North Harlem Line to the Fleetwood Train Station.
• Then take the FREE Empire City Shuttle or a taxi-cab to Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
Using NYC Subway & Bus
• Take the #4 Train to Woodlawn then take Bee-line Bus #20 to Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at Central Avenue and Clark Street (Entrance 2) for a nominal fee and free above $50 of spending at the restaurant
We offer free self-parking as well (Entrance 1 &3) with shuttle bus service
A word from Pinch - American Grill
An innovative concept in casual dining, pinch at Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway, is a slice of 1950s Americana with premium food and drink for dinner daily. Enjoy American and international classics with 100 New York beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinch - American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)special occasion (10)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pinch American GrillEMWADined on 8/22/2014Everything about our dining experience was outstanding!Special Features:
- jennDined on 7/13/2014The staff were very friendly and even took time to direct us to the outdoor concert. Will be back! We ordered the Seafood Tower for two and it was very fresh and filling. The cold cucumber soup was refresing as well. They have an extensive beer list, which was good for my husband as we were celebrating his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughPinchDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food with great service. The dishes are interestingly prepared with a twist. Desserts are great. Everyone is friendly and very professional.Special Features:
- Pinch is our burgerr spot.johbronartsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Pinch is our favorite restaurant at Yonkers Empire Casino in NY. It's simple clean atmosphere is peaceful. But, I hate the seating. The tables are too close. And, not enough tables just for 2. But, thd the drinks are kicking....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionVmomVIPDined on 7/6/2014Loved the chicken wings and $35 prix fixe 3-course dinner. The service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinch is our burgerr spotjohbronartsVIPDined on 7/5/2014My lil loves the Pinch burger with the porkbelly & egg...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 6/28/2014Once again had the filet mignon and it was great.. It never failed. . Not yet. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 6/27/2014The filet mignon is to die for. .. Just saying.. You may want to try it and the side of asparagus is our of this world. . They are fat and cooked just right..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodTobyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food is always good. Would be better for regular diners to have more specials
- Consistently good foodTobyVIPDined on 6/22/2014One of Westchester's best restaurants. Food prices are a bit too high for non-gamblers with no discount or comp dollars. Worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered GemPinchDined on 6/21/2014Each time we visit Pinch, we are amazed by the great detail to each meal. The food is great and the service unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerjohbronartsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Pinch is our favorite burger spot at Yonkers Empire Casino in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy anniversary pinchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We were happy to come dinr with our restauramt family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Empire CityTobyVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is the only restaurant worth eating at at Empire City. Chef is excellent. Menu should be expanded a bit. Let's hope the Rooneys don't interfere and make this restaurant as bad as everything else there.
- Pinch...has becomed my burger spotjohbronartsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Pinch is nice...The staff is friendly and professional. The drinks are strong...Management is visible and helpful.Special Features:
- food great, host not so muchloretta59Dined on 5/31/2014although reservation was made, the host made an announcement that anyone without reservations could follow him and they were seated before guests with reservations. made no sense to me. Manager came to each table to see how everything was - we let him know. He was glad we said something becasue we were not the only customers who told him. He had already talked to the host and told him he must seat reservations first that is why they make the reservation. The host actually told him he was wrong. Lucky for him, I'm not his boss - he would be gone.. Anyway, we shall see the next time. Food is good, our waiter who we have had before is great, food is slow coming out.Special Features:
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 5/23/2014As I have said in the past this is a very good place to eat. The filet mignon is scrumptious. You will enjoy though a bit pricey but worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinch is the placegoudacheese13Dined on 5/18/2014This is where you will want to eat. Good food and service. Very accommodating and pleasant. Maybe a bit pricey in certain items but somethings are worth it. They have an awesome filet mignon. Got to go there at least once. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can get past the slots....Lydia731Dined on 5/11/2014There is good food upstairs at Pinch, in the Empire Casino at the Yonkers Raceway complex. The service is a smidgin slow, but getting better, and the food is actually pretty good, as good as at any beer tap restaurant in the City. Pinch carries a large variety of beers, we liked our own Brooklyn beer on tap (not the adventurous types, we are). The menu is American food with the best fries out there. The steaks are perfectly done and bigger than you should be having. The soup the jour never dissapoints. My husban and I land there every chance we get. Sometimes we go for the food, not for the slots!Special Features:
- POOR SERVICE & PRICEY COCKTAILSDISAPPOINTINGDined on 5/11/2014We had a 5:30 pm reservation for three people on Mother's Day and the restaurant was not full. The service was horrible and there was no spacing between our courses. We ordered cocktails, appetizers and entrees. The cocktails took a while in coming. The appetizers were brought to us and dinner was served before we finished our appetizers. I felt extremely rushed. There was no reason for the rush as the restaurant had no line & less than 40 people eating. My husband ordered a Grey Goose Martini and was charged $15.69! A bit pricey, don't you think? We've had dinner at a five star restaurant that charged less. The bill was wrong two times and finally the manager was called. It was a horrible experience, especially on Mother's Day!
- The following 57 reviews are from the Pinch - American Grill reviews archive.
- Overrated and Overpricedmandalin216Dined on 4/25/2014Restaurant is very large with a big bar and a ton of great local beers to try on tap. The music is loud and meant to be "energetic", but it was so loud that we couldn't hear each other across the table. I had pulled pork tacos and it was not the quality or flavor I was expecting. It had the texture of stringy refried beans and a sweet flavor. Everything was way overpriced and when we saw the food at the other restaurants at Empire City, we wished we choose one of those instead. Disappointed, because it looks like a great place.Special Features:
- Southern Delight a hit at Pinch!ChickDined on 4/18/2014I would recommend Pinch to anyone looking for an upscale dining experience. With it's amazing dinner specials and menu you won't be disappointed.I recently had a dinner special of chicken and waffles. Tender moist chicken with crisp waffles served with cheesey grits . A southern treat!I hope it is added to the regular menu! Save room for dessert. The Pinch Sundae with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce are a perfect way to end your meal. The Cream Brulee is also a delight. Pinch is the perfect place to relax and enjoy your meal. The servers are available to answer all your questions. Don't hesitate to ask for anything. Don't be afraid to try something new . I did and I ended up loving it. Enjoy your dining experience!Special Features:
- Staff handled it, welljohbronartsVIPDined on 4/10/2014I witnessed bartender Monique handle a customers' complaint with sincerity and professionalism. Apparently, the couple next to me was insulted when a staff member asked 'if she had a problem? ' ; cause she put her feet on the chair. Bartender, Monique apologized to the couple on behalf of Pinch and gladly got the manager to compensate the couple for the bad taste left in their mouth by the rude comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly PinchPattiGDined on 4/9/2014Pinch is a pretty restaurant. The food was okay, although quite pricey. I ordered a salad with house dressing and it came without any dressing at all. When I brought it to the attention of the server, she said she would bring it right over. However, although she passed our table several times, it took at least ten minutes before she brought over the salad dressing. I went to Pinch because I had a $20 off coupon. It appeared that most of the people there also had coupons. In my opinion this restaurant is quite pretentious and has no business at Empire Casino.
- Pinch was greatjohbronartsVIPDined on 3/27/2014Pinch was great this time....We sat at the bar and the Bartender Monique was EXCELLENT! !! Friendly, Professional and very Attentive. ...And, our drinks were slamming. My volka martine was smooth....Great Job. I highly recommend an evening at Pinch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and poor foodlottery4youDined on 3/26/2014The food was not good. I ordered Surf & Turf and when I was served, the Turf (Steak) was good, but the Lobster was supposed to be 1/2 of a Lobster for $18.00, (just for the 1/2 Lobster) and the steak was $27.00. The prices did not bother me until I was served. The Steak was fine, but the Lobster portion was not served as 1/2 lobster, it was two small pieces of lobster. They said it was from the claw and the tail. When I order a 1/2 lobster, I expect to get 1/2 lobster. When I said something, the manager said that was the way they served it. I also ordered grilled vegetables, and they came soggy and almost burnt. THE SERVICE AS ALSO VERY BAD and I was not at all happy
- Inept service ruined my birthdayDrMartinVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was fairly solid here, though the Ceasar Salad was bland (but plentiful) and the meat perfectly cooked though underseasoned. Decor was nice but could use some serious sound dampening from the chaotic sounds of the casino. What ruined this meal for me was the inept wait staff. Took 20 minutes to pour water at first, practically had to beg him to wait on us. Then long wait for drinks, wobbly table and they spilled some of my drink fixing it (maybe remove liquids first next time?), then he didn't know which oysters were which, then completely forgot our lobster tail, took 15 minutes to remove empty plates,then brought cold coffee with milk (not cream?). He just kept apologizing. My wife won't consider returningSpecial Features:
- Best in Empire CasinoPinchDined on 3/15/2014Pinch served a good dinner with nice presentation. Seafood Tower very good and steaks deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, however,MurphDined on 3/15/2014The food was very good, however, the wait for drinks was terribly long. It took over 30 minutes to get our drinks. Then we ordered a bottle of wine which again took a painfully long time. The food also was very slow in coming out to our table. They need to improve these areas or we will not be back again.
- Just okayFlyFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was tasty, clever decor, and very convenient dining option at the casino. Service was really lacking. Needs a lot of improvement in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT SO GREATdisappointedDined on 3/15/2014We arrived 15 minutes early and was told they didnt have a table yet, but she would find one, most of the section she sat us in was empty. The service was extremely slow and not attentive, food was cold and not presented very well. Never asked if we wanted coffee or anything with dessert, had to have a manager get involved
- Great spot, even better foodBethcDined on 3/9/2014Our experience at pinch was amazing!! The food was so delicious, especially the French onion soup, salmon entree, and crab cakes. Their menu has so many options, but The staff was super accommodating and friendly, they even folded your napkins When you left the table and pulled your chair out for you when you returned. I really recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- How to kill a restaurant.TobyVIPDined on 3/9/2014Pinch was an excellent restaurant. Now, unfortunately, it is all down hill. There aren't enough severs; food takes more than an hour to come. There isn't enough staff to clear the tables. And the final blow, some of the kitchen staff has quit. There is a discernible decline in the quality of the food. What was a really good restaurant is no longer the case. It is a crying shame. Shame on you Empire City!
- Great spot in the middle of yonkersBethcDined on 3/6/2014I never have been to pinch just cause I'm not much of a gambler and it is in the casino, but I will definitely be making more trips for that food and awesome atmosphere. The food was phenomenal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get it RightjohbronartsVIPDined on 3/1/2014How hard is it to prepare a hamburger, well-done...Not Burnt!, with EXTRA Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes? I sat at the bar and not once did the bartender ask me 'what would I like to drink?' Nothing...no water, no soda, no beer, no wine, no drink.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but.......2spoonfulsDined on 2/28/2014We were really anxious to eat at Pinch. The atmosphere and decor is very appealing. The staff make you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive and service was great. We opted for an array of appetizers rather than two entrees. The wings were pretty ordinary, crab cakes tasty but a bit dry. We did enjoy the short ribs tacos and the beet salad is good but a little sparse on beets. The pinot grigio was delicious. We would return at least one more time to have the salmon or a burger which, at the table next to us, looked very good. All in all we enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD! GREAT BEER SELECTION!EmpireLoversDined on 2/27/2014My husband & I greatly enjoy the food at Pinch! We have dined there several times & it complements the other restaurants at Empire nicely! The beers are FANTASTIC! Our only problem is that it takes a while before the main meal comes out. At times it seems very slow.The waiters are excellent! The hostesses are always wonderful! The entire staff is very attentive but I would say it's slow. Overall, we recommend it if you're looking for nice relaxing meal or just hanging out with friend for appetizers & beer. (And the Mac and Cheese is a MUST!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no foodSteveDined on 2/22/2014Waited an hour for our food (simple order of a hamburger for myself, crab cake appetizer and asparagus side for my wife), many tables around us no food either for the hour, finally left - waiter apologized, told us the kitchen was a mess that night. We ended up having dinner at the casino's food court...
- Pinch is a GemjohbronartsVIPDined on 2/19/2014Pinch restaurant at Empire Yonkers Casino is very pleasant, good food, and friendly staff. It's the BEST restaurant at Empire. The staff is friendly and professional and they make you feel welcomed by remembering your name. Need more reliable bus-boys to help with the service. Pinch restaurant at Empire Yonkers Casino is very pleasant, good food, and friendly staff. It's the BEST restaurant at Empire. The staff is friendly and professional and they make you feel welcomed by remembering your name. Hostess Kendra and Celeste. Bartender Monica (MO). Waiters Diego and Angel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten at the bar usuallyrustie925Dined on 2/14/2014Have eaten at the bar usually but made a reservation this date and it seemed to take forever to get waited on. When we did get waited on the server was very helpful and we were informed they were short on staff that night. The food was good but prefer sitting at the bar for quicker service.Special Features: