13020 Pacific Promenade #1
Playa Vista, CA 90094Neighborhood:
Playa del Rey
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piknic.us/
- Phone: 3104963966x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Josue Soriano 3104963966x
A word from Piknic
PIKNIC of Playa Vista offers a rousing simplicity with our menu paired with a modern and versatile ambiance in a location that you would not expect. Join us for lunch and you will soon be choosing one of our crisp salads, carved artisan sandwiches or gourmet hamburgers. The waterfall gently spills over the sounds of lively lunch guests and transitions the changing vibe that comes with every evening. The subtle dimming of the lights overhead stretch towards the new glow of the candles blushing from the tables, as our dinner menu takes its place. Only the best ingredients and products are used in our incredible menu. Start off with our unique Mediterranean Platter and be faced to choose from Chilean Sea Bass or Delmonico steak and Alaskan Halibut. PIKNIC extends outside of the restaurant as well. Take advantage of our Corporate Catering service for your next lunch or private event!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Piknic - Best Restaurants in Playa del Rey ›
Piknic reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great MenuDickyTawVIPDined on 9/18/2014Been going there since it opened but hadn't been in a while. New chef and great menu. Check out this breakfast on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dandibowdandibowDined on 9/13/2014Have been here many times before and last time there was a disappointment for a place we previously loved. But, thought we'd give it another try. Had 12 for celebrating 2 birthdays and to our pleasant surprize, it was excellent, again. I do admit though, we went on Saturday at 3 P.M. Yes, we had excellent service! No one else was there! But, food was very good and we love the cozy yet modern ambience and atmosphere. Also want to add a plug for "Jackson" our server who went beyond the call and was super excellent! Could check more abovd, but just not appropriate here.Special Features:
- Good spot to sit and chatzilchikDined on 8/11/2014Good food and a lovely quiet patio--perfect for a catch-up dinner and conversation with friends.Special Features:
- Great for chattingJMacDined on 8/7/2014Great food, lovely outdoor environment, and we had plenty of time to chat!! Servers never rushed us! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always been a good experience.SheelahDined on 7/5/2014Our favorite restaurant - great location - peaceful atmosphere - great food as well as their service. Best servers! Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Piknic reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2014Great venue. Would do well if food more favorable and the service more interested in the customers. Wall was filthy, more than just the back of the chair rubbing up against it.
- BrunchRuthlasVIPDined on 5/25/2014Lovely setting on a quiet boulevard adjacent to a park. The outside patio is nice but very windy. They need to erect some kind of a wind barrier. Eating outside was challenging with napkins blowing everywhere and hair constantly in our face. The food was good and we would certainly consider going back but maybe only on the insideSpecial Features:
- perfect lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014enjoyed by all locals and out of town guests. food choices were great. friendly service.Special Features:
- YummyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Nice corner restaurant with outdoor patio/heat lamps. Dog friendly. The neighborhood is so nice, the place is a gem.Special Features:
- Good Food, but Not Worth the CostMamaKDined on 5/10/2014My husband, son, and I brought my mother in law here for her birthday. They gave away our reservation, but the manager scrambled to make it up to us and gave us a nice table (despite the fact that we had a baby with us). The cocktails were well-made, and the crab cake appetizer was tasty. We were disappointed that there were only three of them, and they were rather small for $14. All three of us had the garlic shrimp ravioli special. The shrimp were well cooked, but not particularly flavorful. The pasta was savory and full of garlic flavor. We agreed that the food was good, but we were surprised to find that the entrees were $28 each. It just seemed like a lot for a plate of pasta. They comped the birthday dessert though.Special Features:
- nice placeLAXpremealgonegoodDined on 4/13/2014picked this place just because it was near LAX. Parking was super-easy, service was super-fast, food was very good and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- picnik is a gemfoodloverDined on 4/6/2014Have eaten brunch and lunch here several times and it's always a wonderful experience. Have some food restrictions and the servers always work with me. Omelets are loaded with fresh ingredients, salads and sandwiches are generous and tasty as well, and the hot food is always served piping hot. Service and food are always excellent even when the restaurant is very crowded. I hosted a birthday brunch there last fall for 25 and it was outstanding. The manager and servers went all out, and everyone loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally unacceptableairportgypsyDined on 3/30/2014I made the reservations and was excited to try several items on the varied menu. My reservation was for 7:45 pm. Our car service was running late and I called to let the restaurant know we'd be just a few minutes late. Their response? Sorry, the kitchen closes at 8:00 pm. Uh, ok. Let me understand this. If I've not been seated, reviewed the menu and ordered in time, I'm out of luck? Yes, that's what they told me. Emergency repairs to the kitchen, apparently. I understand these things come up, but they KNEW they were shutting down early and DIDN'T alert me. I found out just because I happened to call. Even if we had been on time, we wouldn't have been served, after a $40 (each way) car ride. Ended up at Cafe Del Rey and it was AMAZING.
- Good but not GreatTrizzHDined on 3/30/2014i love the options of having eggs whites or turkey bacon/sausage. I ordered the breakfast burrito and it wasnt as large and extravagant as i had expected. I wish ordered something else Cute place... i'll go back there again but not for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exceptionalCulverCityCJDined on 3/23/2014I went to brunch this last Sunday. The initial service was quite slow once we sat down. We couldn't find our waiter to put in our order, but after that, the food was delivered in a reason time frame. My huevos rancheros was tasty! My other companions didn't complain about their food,but I must say it didn't look all that great. Not sure...
- EmbarassingDazedforDayz09Dined on 2/16/2014I brought an out of town friend here for brunch hoping to wow him. Unfortunately, it was one disaster after the next. First, they were all out of soy milk (no coffee for me), then the latte machine was not working (no coffee for him), then they were out of veggie sausage for my scramble. I asked for avocado instead - which they forgot. Our food was initially taken to the wrong table. The food was very tasty; however, that did not make up for the horrid experience. On top of that, they did not reduce the price of my dish given the fact that I removed the eggs and got 3 items instead of 4. I was embarrassed for having brought my friend here, but at least there was some good people watching.Special Features:
- great find909refugeeDined on 2/15/2014Perfect for a preconcert dinner at the Forum! Chilean Sea Bass was great. Will come back again! Jackson is perfect waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingfthead9Dined on 2/14/2014Nice location and good atmosphere for lunch but the food was very disappointing. Everything was over salted in an obvious attempt to makeup for the underlying blandness of the food. Basically dressed up chain food served in a nice setting.Special Features:
- LK ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014This was the 2nd time that I met a friend here for lunch. I really liked the meal that I had at Piknic. It was a reasonably priced for a 1/2 sandwich, soup & salad. I really like the tortilla soup! It's in a good location to be able to walk around afterwards, too. All in all, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGastronomeDined on 2/6/2014Highly disappointed in the food -- 4 out of 6 ordered burgers and they came out barely luke warm, the tuna melt was overly salty, the curly fries were clumpy to the point where you could not separate the fries. The sweet potato fried were soggy and cold and the ranch dipping sauce was so thin it was like water! The burgers were not cooked properly -- way over or under done and the burger patty was too small in comparison to the bread bun which was soggy. This was a group lunch and I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Only good for BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/2/2014Really pricy for quality of food and service. That said, Breakfast is worth it, and they have free flowing champagne on Saturday's.
- Great spot for the neighborhoodttd888Dined on 1/30/2014Good food and good service. Nice place. Had a business lunch we enjoyed very much. I will return. Lots of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did enjoy our meal as weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2014We did enjoy our meal as we always do at this place. It is very close to where we work and we would probably would go there more often but we always wind up commenting on the size of the bill. They do know how to charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad SurpriseMRLADined on 12/28/2013For us this was a neighborhood place and we thought we'd give it a try. It's a shame that it was such a disappointment. The waiter didn't get our orders and brought the wrong food, there were several screaming babies, they were out of two of the entree selections at 6:30pm and had only one portion of dessert left in the whole place. It actually seemed like they were going to close forever that night. I won't be going back and certainly won't recommend it to anyone. It's a shame as it's nice to have a place to go to locally.
- Convenient but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/20/2013There aren't other options in the specific area. Having this restaurant across the street is convenient. The ambience and the service are just fine for a group meal, but food-wise... I am not sure if the chef of this establishment has tried what he concocts or whether he ever was well-fed as a child. Just chopping ingredients and mixing them on one plate does not necessarily constitue a good dish. My crab papaya salad was exactly that type of a miss.Special Features:
- Simple, Good Neighborhood PlaceGidgetGoesSeafoodVIPDined on 12/6/2013Piknic remains a solid place for a casual dinner with a decent glass of wine. Until the new Playa Vista commercial space is completed, Piknic remains the only neighborhood place to grab a casual dinner unless you venture to the Marina or Abbot Kinney.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came in for brunch and IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2013I came in for brunch and I felt I was the odd table out with multiple servers and waiters serving us but with no one responsible for the table. The food was okay but they forgot a lot of items and we had to repeat it twice and ask for everything. If you're okay with asking multiple times then I'd say go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why no POINTS?KellieAnnDined on 11/23/2013Why didn't I get any Open Table points for this reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected flavorsMaOtterDined on 11/20/2013Dropping in for a late dinner bite, we ended up having to order half a dozen appetizers just to taste them. Loved the grilled asparagus, four cheese filled gnocchi with spinach and beet sauce (yes!), and grilled cauliflower with a great tahini sauce. We moved on to a fantastic caprese pizza and outstanding porcini mushroom risotto. Staff was wonderful about boxing up leftovers and we finished with an amazingly light and delicious passion fruit tiramisu. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen cant read?LesliehaneyDined on 11/17/2013Three of us met up for brunch and quickly placed our orders. We were given options for sauces, doneness etc, but once thre kitchen sent out our three meals. When you ask what kind of salad dressing, provide that dressing. When you ask what condiments to accompany your burger, at least provide those on a separate plate if you cant put them on the burger (cheese, tomato, bacon, dressing etc). Luckily staff came by quickly to ask how thing were and we explained nicely the issues. Their response was to bring out the missing items, but later had to take the plates back to fix the dressing/sauce issues. Is it possible the kitchen staff needs glasses to read the orders?? Glad it wasnt crowded and our meals were redone.Special Features:
- Big Disaapointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2013Change of management. BIG DISSAPOINTMENT! No bread for table, only one starter salad available, no bread served with hummus, Green citrus risotto was runny with almost no citrus taste. Also the one thing I came for, Lychee Martinis, was no longer in the menu :-(. Also, the management did not deal with us well. I wi not go back.
- Hidden Neighborhood Gem...GidgetDined on 10/20/2013great place to dine with family, friends or that special someone...its cute and the food is tasty!Special Features:
- AveragelanifromcaliDined on 10/19/2013I had q turkey burger and there was more meat than bun, a lot more. The service is average and overall reminds me of a chain atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lunch at PiknicNM123Dined on 10/19/2013The food was good but the waiters were a bit dozey. Nice, but not really on the ball. Bringing the wrong dish, dripping syrup in my coffee, missing the basic waitering skillset. Also, overpriced.Special Features:
- Sweet SpotLeo027Dined on 9/29/2013This was our first time at Piknic, very new day/modern. Food was good, customer service very good. For a last minute place to go, did not have to wait long to be seated. Street parking only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, comfortable ambianceKidPoker86Dined on 9/28/2013Our server was Christina and she was very friendly, bubbly and cute. She took our orders and was prompt on service. There was another gentlemen who serviced our table and constantly made sure our drinks were topped off. He was very attentive to our tables needs and even recommended some great desserts. All in all, a great find. This restaurant is 2 minutes driving from my new place so I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchLadybergVIPDined on 9/23/2013My daughter, an LMU student was especially missing our dog, so with canine in tow I met her for lunch on a Monday at Piknic. The patio was perfect and they were very pet friendly. We shared a chicken sandwich special which was great and the Chinese chicken salad, not our favorite as the chicken was breaded & fried, and the honey dressing too sweet for our tastes. The service was excellent and they cheerfully allowed our special request to alter the sandwich ever so slightly. We will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service for larger groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/22/2013We had a group of 9 for brunch, and the food took at least 40 minutes to arrive. Not only was it late, but if anyone had ordered a side dish like toast or bacon, it didn't arrive with their meal. After asking at least 5 times about the items we were still missing, it all eventually showed up AFTER we had all finished our food. I ordered a pancake for my 4 year old and it was still uncooked in the middle, literally batter was oozing out. The manager gave us 30% off our meal and offered my daughter a treat, but it still doesn't make up for a mediocre brunch.
- A Pleasant Surprise for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2013Had some out of town guests and could only meet for Sunday brunch. We are not into big buffets so I checked open table for the time we wanted and decided to come here. Food was tasty and well prepared. Good service and not too noisy so we were able to converse. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingYolandaVIPDined on 9/14/2013Love sitting outdoors. Inside seemed to noisy and I don't like places with the TV PLAYING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.