62 W. Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN 46383Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pikkstavern.com/
- Phone: (219) 476-7455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul LoDuca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wine Cellar Room; step into the wine cellar of a modern Italian villa. The lower level at Pikk’s has exposed brick, rustic textures and plenty of space for medium-sized groups. The Cellar is a perfect spot for private parties, special occasions or any event, holds 20-35 people.
Pikk's Lounge; chill out in style. Head downstairs to the Pikk’s Lounge and
settle into a laid-back space with warmth, ambiance and privacy.
With exposed brick, vintage photographs, mood-lighting and a bar—
you have all the elements for a fine gathering, holds 35-50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Aaron O'Reilly 2194767455
A word from Pikk's Tavern
PIKK's Tavern is daVinci Group's latest concept and will resemble a 1940s themed Chicago steakhouse with fine food and drinks. You will feel right at home in this comfortable and casual atmosphere. There will be an extensive wine selection to choose from.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pikk's Tavern - Best Restaurants in Valparaiso, IN ›
Pikk's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- good but noisy & people waiting staring at dinersindianashopperDined on 11/14/2014they need a place for waiting people to stand so we don't feel threatened or in a hurry to finish our dinner! Service was good, food good, pretty noisy though! But oh wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Pikk's!Jen116Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I choose Pikk's whenever we have a date night. We love the food and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDowntownDinerDined on 10/24/2014This is our second Anniversary Dinner at Pikk's Tavern. I ordered the Friday Special of Seafood Stew and found it to be quite flavorful. My husband ordered the filet and baked potato and found it to be excellent. We will definitely dine there again. This was a Friday night so there were many diners and the noise level was a bit much. We had also requested to be seated on the main level of the restaurant and that request was honored. Our server was attentive without being overly so and the staff removed our dishes in a timely fashion. It was an enjoyable experience and I am sure we will dine there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Great Food and Drinks - a number of craft beers. Friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.Foodlady14Dined on 9/27/2014The fish and chips here are absolutely fantastic! They also offer some really great appetizers, we had the mini sliders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Joy was great. Very attentive and cared about our dining experience. Those who expedited were also very courteous and friendly. Also love the online reservation system you have. How convenient and user friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Went specifically for raw oysters and Pikk's did NOT disappoint!!!!!Special Features:
- OccasionalFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Had reservations, but part of the group was running late, the staff was very accommodating. Food was very good with large portions. Service was also very friendly. Only drawback was the noise level was kind of high and sometimes difficult to be heard across the table.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Good food, good service, pleasant atmosphere, reasonably priced. We met a couple that had never eaten there before. Add 2 more fans to Pikk's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Pikk's Tavern reviews archive.
- Great FoodMilagrosDined on 7/10/2014This is our 2nd month attending an family style dinner. You get to meet interesting people and the food was great. There were some flies outdoors that were unpleasant to deal with. The variety of food that you get to sample is awesome. I wasn't too impressed with the drink variation this time. I will most definitely come back again, the food is awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeannaClassefoodDined on 7/5/2014We made a reservation online which was convenient. Age range if group 8-61 years old. We all Loved the food. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chopped SaladJeanneDined on 6/27/2014Pikks chopped salad is excellent. Best around town - no doubt about it. Nice presentation, wonderful dressing, very satisfying.Special Features:
- SuzyDined on 6/27/2014The food and atmosphere at Pikk's is always great, Aaron and his staff are always friendly and happy to see you. Everything from the burgers to the steak sandwich are great. One of my personal favs is the Cobb Salad. Don't forget the lemon drop martinis they are also wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014I've been to Pik's before and enjoyed it so when I saw they had brunch on the weekends, I checked it out. It was fantastic! Well worth checking out. I sat outside and it was a perfect day for it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Still love itLuvgdwineDined on 5/19/2014Pikks has a beautiful restaurant. The staff was cleaning the menus when we sat at the bar. I love a clean restaurant, kudos to them. The staff are wonderful. Martini's are fab. The food could still use some improvement unfortunately.Special Features:
- Good not greatDineurrDined on 5/11/2014Went here for Mother's Day - they had an appetizer and desert buffet with every entree and it had very good good on it. The food was good not great and WAY over priced. Steak was really gristly and my son's Alfredo was bland. I'll probably go back but not soon due to price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodluverDined on 5/11/2014This is second time ive been for brunch in a month and the price went up 2$ and the food portions for main course seemed a little smaller. The food quality seemed a bit mediocre this time as well. I will try again for lunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachDined on 5/9/2014It was a busy night but service was good. Food was great. Ribs were tender and very tasty.Special Features:
- DisappointingSatchelGirlDined on 5/8/2014My date and I were really disappointed by the food. We both got pasta dishes and they lacked in flavor. The calamari we got as an appetizer was overcooked. I heard their burgers are much better but unfortunately I didn't hear that until after. At the prices Pikk's Tavern charge the food should be a lot better.
- GREAT, GREAT FOOD!!!MilagrosDined on 5/8/2014Absolute perfect evening! I participated in 1921 Tequila Dinner, the staff was great, very accommodating and well rehearsed on menu items and pairings. The food was excellent!!! I would most definitely come back again and again and have, Pikk's has quickly become one of my favorites. I have not had a bad meal there and staff make you feel as if you belong there. Very chill, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale casual diningfoodmasterDined on 5/1/2014My server was pleasant and made my martini tableside. It was Italian night, so I had the chicken parmesan. I am used to having chicken parmesan premade, overcooked and hard as a rock, but this was homemade and juicy. Also, the side pasta had a good sauce. Busy atmosphere, as it was Eat Up Wine Down 1st Thursday. Kind of noisier than usual, but not bad. They had a guacamole cart going around that looked really good. Maybe will try that sometime. All in all, it was a good experience. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningGuardgrey51Dined on 4/27/2014We chose Pikk's partially because of the large selection of gluten free items they have. It was our first wedding anniversary and our server Brittany made it a great experience. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- good brunchfoodluverDined on 4/20/2014Went here for easter brunch and was surprised how packed it was. We had a reservation and got right in. Entree was excellent. I got cedar plank salmon w asparagus and my husband got flat iron steak w au gratin potatoes. He didnt care for potatoes. The buffet of starters and desserts were good w a wide variety. The bread pudding left a bit to be desired. All in all goid experience. 18% gratuity was added to our bill which was a bit of a surprise for two diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Date Nightpaulakk57Dined on 3/1/2014Arrived at the restaurant and was seated promptly. Although we had reservations, we we taken to a lower level table. I will need to remember to request a table on the main level next time. Food was very good, service was just okay, problem with paying with a gift card. We ended up paying with our own credit card. Upon sending an email to Pikk's, the denied gift card situation was rectified within 3 days. We will definitely return to Pikk's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good526JJDined on 2/15/2014Food was not as good as what you pay. Won't go back.
- Always GoodLauraAnnDined on 2/14/2014We love Pikk's. We never had a bad meal or poor service. It's our "go-to" spot in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Valentine's Day SpecialrluekensDined on 2/14/2014Pikk's is one of our favorite restaurants because of the ambiance and personal service. On Valentine's Day, we had a great meal which started with Pikk's special shrimp cocktail with the sauce mixed at the table with your choice of just the right amount of horseradish. It was mixed by the owner who recognizes us each time we go even though it may be several weeks between visits. Since my wife needs to be gluten-free, she is grateful for their gluten-free pasta and other attention given to her needs. I tried one of the local brews on tap from a broad list available. Pikk's attracts people of all ages from the yuppies to those of us who are young at heart (and bald on top).Special Features:
- Valentine's NightFoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014What could've been a disaster turned into a lovely evening. 6:15 on Valentine's night is a busy time for any restaurant so we were certain to have reservations.We were quickly seated in the absolute worst table (a waitress told me it was only added for this evening)in the entire restaurant.Since we made reservations early, I was not happy.It was next to a waitress station, almost in a hallway & looking into the kitchen.I immediately asked for ANYTHING else (the bar)they had.While it seemed like a shock to them at first that I would ask, they did seat us at a wonderful table elsewhere.After that EVERYTHING improved.We had a personable waitress & the service by the bread/water server was spot on! The food was great & the evening was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty foodJEWELDined on 2/14/2014My steak was cooked perfectly, The soup was also delicious, however could have been a little hotter. The bread served was ok however, the butter wasn't soft enough to spread onto it. The service was very good. We were seated right on time. Also, our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!MAC6VIPDined on 2/9/2014locally popular on the main street...good vibe and interesting menu...the service is the outstanding asset of this "trendy" spotSpecial Features:
- Always a good choiceMomparsVIPDined on 1/17/2014We have been to Pikk's once or twice in the past Our daughter is a college student at Valpo, and the restaurant has something for everyone My only complaint was that at 7:00 on a Friday night, they ran out of one of the featured entrees on their Prix Fixe menu, kind of a bummer. Otherwise, we look forward to going back. Great gin menu too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014This place sits across from the park, and provides a nice view if you're near the window to people watch. The steaks are excellent, cooked to perfection and the mac & cheese is amazing! the service was just okay, not bad, but when compared to the food, felt lacking. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Pikk's never disappoints! Good food, great seevice and a warm inviting atmosphere. A reservation is a must on the weekend. Use Open Table! Pikk's is a great restaurant for couples, girls night out and family functions. Great wine selection and Martini List. Try the Margarita Up-awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Pikk for dinnerJimmyHDined on 1/4/2014We had an excellent meal on a cold night in mid-winter. Good ambiance and the service personnel were attentive and on the ball. Good location in downtown Valpo....will be a regular stop on our rotation from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with one exception.SatisfiedDined on 12/31/2013We went with another couple on New Year's Eve and had reservations. We waited 30 minutes for a table which we didn't mind. Everything as really good but the scallops that were one of the specials for the night. They were so salty I couldn't eat them. It was late and we had already had two appetizers so I didn't send them back. Our waiter was great and everybody else love their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!BexTDined on 12/31/2013The salmon is always fantastic as are their signature Pikks fries with truffle aoili, pesto mayo, and wasabi mayo sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoriteAsher68WDined on 12/27/2013This is a favorite for my girlfriend and I. We have never been disappointed when we eat here. The food has always been great. They know how to cook medium rare which is the only way I'll eat steak. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013I have never had more pleasant service at any restaurant from the ENTIRE staff in all my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerFamilydinerDined on 12/14/2013Our annual Christmas dinner before the theater. We had a wonderful dinning experience. The teenage kids were pleased with the appetizer and desert menu. Service was excellent. Restaurant want overly busy so the noise level was not a problem. The vanilla porter stout float was a great finish for the adults. On recommendation from the waiter. Would definitely come back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Everything about our experience was amazing! After reading previous reviews we were hesitant to go but had heard really good things from other people. We were not disapointed - we will definately go back and would recomend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.