300 Fillmore St
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pikkasdenver.com/
- Phone: 7203816748
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Joseph “Chef Pepito” Aparicio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pikkas’ private dining room is available by reservation, seats 18, and features a cozy ambiance including a warm fireplace and fine artwork on the walls.
A word from Pikkas
Located in the heart of Cherry Creek North, Pikkas Peruvian Cuisine & Pisco Bar features a festive upscale-casual, indoor and outdoor brightly-colored atmosphere with an outstanding new Peruvian tapas menu. The menu offers a wide selection of Peruvian delicacies, fine wines, signature cocktails, and Latin American beers. Pikkas is the newest venture and pride of Joseph “Chef Pepito” Aparicio, and a culmination of over 20 years of culinary experience. Chef Pepito’s first Peruvian restaurant, Taita Peruvian Cuisine & Bar, on Capitol Hill opened in August of 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pikkas reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- not crowdedmariaDined on 9/6/2014Pikka's was not crowded even though it was 6:30 and a Saturday night. The server guided us on wine selection and entrees. It was a perfect night to sit outside. Despite the lack of customers, we will both recommend our new dining discovery.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This is a terrific restaurant, with really imaginative and tasty selections. We'll be back a lot.Special Features:
- Peruvian PerfectionRobertFVIPDined on 8/27/2014Charming spot in North Cherry Creek with the best Peruvian food in town. Stunningly fresh seafood a specialty. The side patio is one of the most lovely spaces in town for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A Cultural ParadiseGaryVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you're looking for a taste of South American culture, Pikkas is the place to go. The menu offers numerous classic Peruvian appetizers and entrees. The Ceviche Classico was exceptional as was the Arroz con Marisco ( Peruvian Paella). Fish lovers, meat eaters, and vegetarians can all find palatable main courses. The curious cocktail drinker will love the bar menu which offers a number of signature drinks which contain pisco, a brandy-like liquor produced in Peru and Chile. Our server was also fantastic. Dining at an outside table on a pleasant Denver evening topped off the whole experience.Special Features:
- Incredible MealEllendummVIPDined on 8/22/2014We went for lunch on a Friday - the service and meal were just fantastic - we'll be going back for dinner! We had potato/chicken salad/avocado cause for an appetizer - yum! And the mushroom ravioli with shrimp and yellow sauce are to die for! Also a wonderful fish with rice and delicious sauce. All highly recommended!Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsWyorunnerDined on 8/21/2014A lovely evening with a knowledgeable waiter that knew just how much attention to give! A quiet ambiance conducive to conversation with no rush. My first experience with Peruvian food and enjoyed learning about the dishes as we sampled. Will be on my list to visit again!Special Features:
- we'll be back!tomhDined on 8/20/2014Went for my wife's birthday, thought we'd try something different. The food was outstanding, great flavors. Service was friendly and helpful. Music was a bit too loud, which they took care of right away when we asked. My 12 year old daughter, who claimed she wasn't hungry, got the salmon/ mango salad; she liked the" subtle" dressing and ate it all. My wife got the catch of the day, which was mahi mahi; well prepared (not overdone) . I got the beef dish which we were told is the most popular item. I understand why. All was prepared with great sauces and mix of ingredients. We're definitely going back to try some of the other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CornellVIPDined on 8/11/2014Pikkas is one of Denver's best! The food is incredible & the service is unbeatable!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsT1517Dined on 8/2/2014A wonderful place, good food and quiet so you can enjoy conversation. The service was great, warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience includes . . .RosieDenverVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food at Pikkas is very good and with many unique options and if Pikkas was a food truck and not a sit-down restaurant than it would be rated 5+. However, as a sit-down restaurant where I expect a total dining experience Pikkas misses the mark. First of all the menus are tattered and have food stains . . . that is not appetizing and does set the tone. The lighting in the restaurant is very weak. The Service - well I'm not sure what's going on with the Service but it's not good. This could be a very good restaurant but not the way it is being managed and run today - unfortunate.Special Features:
- KurtVIPDined on 7/11/2014Really authentic and great Peruvian food. A gem. We have been missing Peruvian food since our trip in May where we were amazed by how good the food was. Pikkas brings this to Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Summer NightGailDined on 7/5/2014We dropped by on a hot summer night and grabbed the street-side patio (left corner) seating where we had great people watching and a clear view of the amazing musicians. Live Latin music, fresh ingredients and masterful touch from the kitchen and bar made this overall a fantastic experience. We went for the ceviche and other seafood, which was fantastic. One of us had a steak dish too, which was amazingly flavorful and tender. Have to admit we are not Cherry Creek district fans in general but have added Pikkas to our destination spots. We will be back in winter to try the fireplace seating.Special Features:
- Great Food, Inattentive ServiceEatinItAllDined on 6/28/2014My daughter and I dined at Pikka's last Saturday night. The food was delicious, but our server was not terribly attentive. The restaurant was not particularly busy, but we saw our waiter exactly 3 times during our 2 hour dining experience. My initial wine cocktail was room temperature by the time I received it, we had to ask for silverware when our appetizer came, and we were already finished with our entrees by the time he decided to see if we were enjoying our meals. I will probably return to Pikka's for the food, but I do hope I get a different server.Special Features:
- Avoid Pikkas; you can do betterArtieGuyDined on 6/27/2014This was a very disappointing dining experience. Overall, we felt this was grossly overpriced for the quality of food that was provided. Food quality was fair at best -- both appetizer and entree had varying levels of cooking levels (some parts tough and way overcooked; others moist at underdone), which indicates products that were not fully thawed from frozen. At $20+ per dish, I expect something more than what I could get from Costco. The ambience was nice for those who actually were seated in the main dining room; we were not. We were placed by ourselves in a side room that featured one long bench and multiple tables packed closely together. Even though we were alone, it was far from an intimate experience. Avoid this place.
- IzzyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our server was excellent and the dinner was delicious, but the restaurant is sleepy! We love that it is quiet and we can talk and hear each other, but they need some life! Perhaps a guitar player or personal touch to create a little vibe. They need to advertise more in the neighborhood or create some special value. The food is too good, not to succeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fix the step.markVIPDined on 6/25/2014The food was marvelous. The staff caring and observant. The steps a disaster waiting to happen. A member of my party when entering nearly tripped and fell on a poorly placed and designed exterior step. A different member when leaving nearly fell on the same step. Although it is clearly marked it should be corrected. Upon walking to our cars we were rating the restaurant and agreed the food was spectacular and we would not return until the step was corrected.Special Features:
- very nice placeJJJJDined on 6/21/2014We had a nice dinner there. The food is pretty good. I liked the live guitar music the best. The ambiance is very nice. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that I ordered the dish: Arroz Con Marisco. It teasted like just fried rice with little pieces of seafood. Not impressed with that dish. But, it was probably my fault since I don't really like fried rice. But the other dishes looked much more appealing as I looked around what other people are ordering. I will go back and try other dishes. I love their decoration, live music, service. Definitely spent a wonderful evening there. The whole environment made me feel like we traveled to some other country and dined in a local restaurant there. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Pikkas reviews archive.
- DisappointingMALBDined on 5/11/2014Interior of restaurant was uncomfortable and unattractive. Food was good but overpriced.
- Great Lunch Experience!klciurzy3Dined on 5/11/2014This was our groups first time at Pikkas for lunch. The service was outstanding and the food was to die for. Our waiter definitely made our dining experience very enjoyable. I would highly recommend Pikkas to anyone and will definitely be going back for lunch and to try dinner as well.Special Features:
- loved the musicShoeDivaDenverVIPDined on 5/9/2014The music was a lovely addition to a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Great findBananaDined on 5/9/2014This restaurant was recommended highly deeper a friend and now I see why. The food was fabulous and the Chase subtle yet. Distinct. I highly recommend because it is truly find in this neighborhood. Actually you should make it your destination next time you want a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhilleat4healthDined on 5/5/2014Third time there and it's getting worse. Menu options sound great but were not executed well. Poorly presented by inattentive waitress. Stood at door for 5 minutes while being ignored by only two wait people present. Rap music playing when we arrived. Won't go back.
- Summer Evening..OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2014We had a delicious mid-week dinner at Pikkas. Ask for an outdoor table along the west side of the restaurant. The steak with frittes was excellent. Don't forget to order a pitcher of the Sangria. We have no complaints and look forward to dining at Pikkas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014I haven't had Peruvian food this good since the last time I was in Costa Rica. I recommend this place!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedfloraDined on 4/25/2014We sat on the patio and enjoyed wonderful food while relaxing and listened to a fantastic band from S. America. Eric - bar tender but waited on us outside - took great care of us! We followed his recommendations of various food selections and were happy with everything we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food but service ?sthemberDined on 4/19/2014The food was great and ambience too but they need to improve the service a lot considering was slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Addition to North Cherry CreekPamoDined on 4/19/2014Really like the food here. Portions are generous. Sangria is quite tasty! Staff if very friendly. Service was a bit off -- but they were busy and we were a large group -- so it did not really bother me.Special Features:
- Surprising!jess66Dined on 4/19/2014Our first experience with Peruvian cuisine and it was great! It was our 36th anniversary and my wife loved it. The chef's dressing and marinades were unique, light and tasteful. If they offered them for sale, we would have bought several bottles. Although, I showed up with only my credit card receipt for this Denver Deal, they were very gracious and asked me to call back on Monday with the voucher info. They only charged us for our drinks and declined to charge my card again, even though I offered. I found the Denver Daily Deal e-mail in my spam folder on Monday and called them with the voucher # and PIN. We will be back and will recommend to all our friends. I am a hero in my wife's eyes but the chef and staff did all the work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeYukonDined on 4/12/2014This was our second time at Pikkas and we just love it. The food is fantastic. Everything we have tried is so flavorful. It is a bit of a drive from our house, but totally worth it. The menu has a nice variety for everyone - meat, seafood, vegetarian. The ambiance is fun and there is a nice little outdoor area if the weather is nice. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014We found it by accident and it was fabulous, will be back often. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Not ready for prime timeHonestChrisVIPDined on 4/11/2014We went to Pikkas twice in two weeks. We hope they do well, but they are not ready for prime time yet. Both evenings the food was very good, but... They have a small wine list, but both times they were out of the bottle we wanted. We ended up getting a glass of their table wine, and it was really fairly nasty. Then our main course took over 45 minutes to arrive even though it wasn't too busy. Given that we couldn't enjoy sipping on the wine, this was a really long wait (the band also took a break about this time). They need to improve their wine list and, just as importantly, have in the wines they list. They also need to tighten up the service aspect. We won't try back again until we read some reviews indicating they are improving...
- SurpriseJuneDined on 4/5/2014We found this gem on Open Table and it will definitely be a regular of ours! The food was excellent. .... delicious new flavors. Very well prepared. Service was slow, but we didnt really mind. The staff are very helpful and friendly. You feel they care that their guests enjoy themselves. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Pleasant Surprise!JedkydhoVIPDined on 3/29/2014While visiting in the Cherry Creek area, we decided to try the Peruvian food at Pikkas for lunch and it was well worth the time. My wife had the Sudado de Pescado and enjoyed it very much. I had the Asado Sandwich and cannot begin to say how delicious it was and the accompanying sauce made it even better. The service was very accommodating, friendly and courteous. The place is well kept and neat everywhere you go which tells me of the pride that the ownership has in running their establishment. When we are in the area again, we will definitely make a point of returning to Pikkas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for changefoodie22Dined on 3/21/2014TI would recommendthe Quinolto taita. It is the Chef's signature dish. If you likeexotic and good. Try the grilled baby octopus.My friend had Chileansalmon "wild caught" onover spinachand mashed garbanzo beans. It was tasty also. They make the Peruvian national drink "Pisco Sours. Excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRobertoDined on 3/14/2014The food was uninspiring and not at all what we expected from a Peruvian restaurant. Reason for grading the service as poor was because although we had ordered an appetizer it never came and instead she brought the main courses without any comment or explanation. The wine we ordered from the menu was not in stock and we settled for the house wine which she had to go back to the bartender to find out what it was. Restaurant was not very crowded for a Friday night and I doubt that it will have much staying power.
- Pikkas - expensive and deliciousomnivoreVIPDined on 3/9/2014This brightly-painted cheerful new restaurant is located below sidewalk level, so a bit hard to find, but inside awaits delicious Peruvian food, served graciously by helpful wait staff, who patiently answer questions. Next time, however, we may order salads instead of entrees, as our bill came to $90 for two entrees and two glasses of wine. The food was excellent; my husband ordered the grilled steak tips and veggies, and I had the chef's creation, a quinoa and shrimp delight. There's a nice bar too, that specializes in piscos, a brandy-like liqueur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneJodyDined on 3/7/2014This was my second time visiting Pikka's. The first time I went for happy hour and fell in love with the happy hour selection and prices. The second time I went for dinner. I spent several years in South America and love me some Pisco. These pisco sours are expertly made and the best you're going to find in Denver. The food is great- but a bit over-priced. Our group had the Lomo saltado, the Aji de pollo (I liked this better on the happy hour menu), the mushroom ravioli (good house-made noodles), and the Couscous specialty. Everyone's favorite was the Couscous specialty dish- it has layers of flavor and is warm and gooey. Yum. The papas rellenas and ceviche were good choices on the happy hour menu. Good atmosphere too.Special Features:
- not recommended. poor ambiance. greOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014not recommended. poor ambiance. great ceviche. terrible octopus appetizer preparation. over cooked and rubbery bad steak frites. cut of meat was all fat and gristle.
- Great cevicheMagellan65VIPDined on 3/3/2014Pikkas has a great bar area and was really good for getting a group together. The ceviche and the different types are amazing! The entrees are excellent as well. More people need to know about Pikkas and experience it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experience.RichardDined on 3/1/2014Very pleasant experience. Very good, unusual food and superb wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.