999 Ashford Avenue
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wilobenet.com/restaurants/pikayo.htm
- Phone: (787) 721-6194
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Alex Rivera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Upscale off premise catering. Will travel abroad. Experienced in high volume.
A word from Pikayo
Going strong since 1990, serving primarily locals our version of many classics from around the world with the inclusion of local favorites as well as contemporary fusion dishes. This is Chef Wilo Benet's flagship restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pikayo - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Pikayo reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (37)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (12)scenic view (10)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- It was magicDMD2goDined on 11/22/2014The service was superb, the food was excellent. We went to celebrate my wife's birthday and I can assure you that was an excellent choice. It is pricey but is worth every penny. Enjoy it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic- both food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/21/2014Hands down the best dining experience in Puerto Rico. Modern and delicious food paired with impeccable service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!QBBLVIPDined on 11/15/2014Loved our experience!! Chef Benet stopped by to say hi and talk food & wine. Excellent food, wine pairings, and top notch service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 77ParkaveDined on 11/9/2014We were here with a group of 6 and recommended only to order the Tapas dishes which were all incredible esp the variety of pastasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceAbeltechgroupDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I went for the first time and it was amazing. The food, the service, the ambiance all work together perfectly. The chief Wilo Benet makes typical puertorrican food with a fine dining look and experience. You should try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth every centOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014My husband and I had an amazing meal at Pikayo during our visit to Puerto Rice. The prices are high, but the food is fantastic. Great place to go if you want to splurge on a special meal. The service was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Good food --priceyFinediningoftenVIPDined on 10/31/2014Been to pikayo several times. Food is consistent but prices seem to be rising at a rapid pace on each visit. We found the pricing quite high this year. For this quality dining establishments, an allocation of one piece of bread to start is rather odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTeach1211Dined on 10/31/2014This was our second time at Pikayo and it was just as great as we remembered it being on our first visit! We were blown away by the level of service provided and the food was amazing. They have the best fois gras we've had at any restaurant. We will definitely be returning on our next trip to San Juan.Special Features:
- Let down 60th....notagreateveningDined on 10/20/2014Although the evening started out lovely, it quickly went down hill. As we were there for our 60th birthday, thought maybe a candle at least. Nothing. Both myself and my girlfriend had the tasting menu, which the first couple of courses delicious, but the entrée very disappointing. No waiter to be seen, and when I did mention this, he didn't seem to care. Very disappointed in the evening. .Special Features:
- Good food and serviceBelynDined on 10/3/2014The food and the service were great. Everyone was friendly and happy to assist and answer any question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service EVER!!VJohnsonDined on 9/28/2014I made reservations for 7PM to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were running a little late since we spent all day in Old San Juan. Not only did the manager allow us to reschedule our dinner to 8:30PM, but they also allowed us to add 4 ppl to our reservation! This is a big deal considering it was Sunday night and the restaurant closed at 9PM. We didn't feel rushed, the food was PERFECT, and the service was THEE BEST SERVICE WE'VE EVER HAD. We will be sure to eat here at least one each and every time we visit San Juan!! THANKS FOR MAKING MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY MEMORABLE... FOR ALL OF US!!Special Features:
- Simply the best!1sttimersDined on 9/25/2014Second time eating there and couldn't be more impressed w the food. The flavors used are unbelievable. The escargot and tenderloin are sensational. Everything we ordered was delicious....highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PikayoMoonCDined on 9/19/2014It was exactly what we needed, a great find, a great getaway from studying with the girls, and delicious food that wasn't over done or over emphasized. The simplicity, yet aesthetically pleasing tastes was just what we needed. Chef Wilo Benet stopped by for a chat and it was divine. He was truly accommodating and a pleasure to chat with. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants to enjoy splendid food with a sophisticated atmosphere. It was our pleasure stopping in the other night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodpkqpkDined on 9/6/2014Pikayo has amazing food as always and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Food and service were exceptionalAustinFoodieDined on 9/5/2014After reading some reviews, on our trip to Puerto Rico, wanted to try the food. I was not disappointed. The menu and flavors of the food were excellent. Wait staff were helpful, attentive, and pleasant. This was a very nice.night in a great week' vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally overatedCharDined on 9/2/2014Restaurant does not live up to hype. Seating is uncomfortable, partner gets to face wall even when tons of available seating near window with ocean view, with no one seated in that section. Food very disappointing, from house special pork appetizers, thru undercooked, partially raw veal chop, with tasteless sauce, and bitter asparagus. Steak choice was also a big mistake, burnt, flavorless and total waste of money. Still trying to figure out what was so special about our special desert. Wilo Benet should either fix this restaurant or remove his name from it. Tons of better choices in area, such as 1919, Marmalade, or Raices. Skip this restaurant if you are looking for a great meal.
- Incredible Experience all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Flavors were so impressive with every course and every single bite. Best dinning experience yet!Special Features:
- Wow - an elegant/outstanding dinnerBarbarellaDined on 8/26/2014The service was impeccable. The food was superlative. The space between the tables perfect for a quiet, private dinner. I can't say enough about the excellent dining experience. If you go to San Juan - do not miss Picayo!Special Features:
- Highly recommendedjkpsDined on 8/26/2014I was in PR for business and after having several expensive but average meals elsewhere, I was very impressed with the high quality food and top notch service. My dinner experience could not have been more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Our meal at Pikayo was exceptionally good. We had the classic tasting menu. Everything was delicious. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of the Best!!DrSalgadoVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has consistency, excellent in service food and everything. Is one of the top three restaurant in San JuanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masterful Culinary ExperienceAGP11Dined on 8/16/2014Simply one of the dinners I have had in my life! An out of this world combination of flavors! Everything was simply sinful! The wine list was exceptional! Service was EXTRAORDINARY! Ambience, Lighting, Decor... WOW ! B RAVO !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceTeddyPDined on 8/16/2014My friends & I ate here our last night in San Juan. The food was excellent & the service was great.Special Features:
- Always raising the barUncriticVIPDined on 8/7/2014We have know Pikayo and Mr. Benet for a long time now and every time we dine there it's always special. The food is from the best quality and the service is impecable from every person there is interaction with. This is a highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- foodisgoodDined on 8/3/2014Service was great and the food was incredible. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation MustCarolynDined on 8/3/2014A must visit when visiting Puerto Rico! Friends recommended the restaurant. It was a 45 minute taxi ride from our resort and worth the trip.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 8/3/2014By far one of the best Resturant in San Juan Condado area, a must place to visit while in Puerto Rico. Outstanding all the waySpecial Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food as well as the service was outstanding , a place to go while in Puerto RicoSpecial Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Pikayo reviews archive.
- Condado FindCnav57Dined on 7/26/2014With only a quick overnight in San Juan, was looking for something different than the usual fare. After a short look at Yelp, Pikayo stood out as the place to try. Reservations for 2 at 7 pm was made and were seated at a nice 2 top. Initial service was attentive and a precursor for the remainder of the evening. Wine list, speciality drinks, and menus were provided. After a pleasant discussion with the waiter, we chose the. "Classic" tasting menu as opposed to the San Juan tasting menu. The wine list provided many choice selections, but we ended up with a Crémant de Bourgogne, Pinot Noir which paired perfectly with the tuna, foie gras, scallop ravioli, filet, shrimp and the cheese and chocolate soufflés. Definitely a gem in CondadoSpecial Features:
- This place was fantastic!!Hungrygirl27Dined on 7/24/2014I took my mom here for her 75th birthday and it was magical. They had the perfect table overlooking the ocean. I could not have asked for better food or a better place to be. Absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend this restaurant and then go gamble right across the hotel if you are feeling adventurous! Thank you Pikayo for an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true delightWaltSDined on 7/21/2014The entire experience at Pikayo was terrific. The service was friendly, informative even, and the setting was attractive, clean, and modern. The bread and honey butter were extraordinary. Each miniature pork belly burger was an explosion of flavors that blended perfectly; each bite of the tuna tartar, while more subtle, was no less delicious. The foie gras and plantain was also superb, and I'm not even typically a fan of foie gras. For our entree, we had the lamb chops which were quite good: excellent meat, well-seasoned, and prepared perfectly. And the dessert -- two small souffles, one chocolate and one cheese -- were beyond superb. Delicate, flavorful, but not overwhelmingly sweet. No plate left the table with food still on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didoDined on 7/21/2014We had the tasting and wine Pairing. Everything was unbelievable. Will be returning.Special Features:
- FabulousND2008NOVA2009Dined on 7/14/2014Pikayo was our third dinner here in Puerto Rico during our 7 night stay. We're going back before we leave! Enough said!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente ExperienciaMecheSDined on 7/12/2014Disfrutamos de la comida, del servicio y atenciones del personal. Esperamos volver pronto.Special Features:
- Equal to MarmaladeKnightOfNiVIPDined on 7/7/2014MAYBE even better. Had the Chef's Tasting and it was awesome. They even went above and beyond and subbed out the filet and gave me lamb chops (anyone can make a good filet, but lamb... you need a magic touch there.) Chef Wilo Benet ROCKED IT OUT. However, the pièce de résistance was their foie gras. W O WWWWW. 10 out of 10. Actually, a 9.75 out of 10, because it was only a 'tasting' and not a whole piece... but THAT was the REAL DEAL. The service was fantastic; water never went unfilled and they were right there pouring our wine... all unobtrusively. We went late, so I couldn't get a good view of the water, but it looked like it would have been a great setting. My wife, who's harder to please than I, loved Pikayo. We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious in every aspectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Outstanding service upon entry. Everyone was ultra pleasant and gave exceptionally great service to my boyfriend and I! Drinks were delicious and the food was delectable! ! We had the Spanish cava bubbly, scallops, foie gras, mini burgers, guava and cheese, and the desert chocolate and cheese were all incredible. Wish they were open for lunch to have my fix! ! What a find. Thank you for making a special night even moreso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Year Anniversary DinnerfreqtravelerDined on 6/25/2014After looking at a lot of options, Pikayo was my choice and I was very pleased! Food was excellent, the sea bass on the polenta was the best dish i think i have ever had. The swordfish was also top notch. Wine was outstanding. Great view and excellent service. Thanks Pikayo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Food was soooo gooood!!! Love everything. I recommend this place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience !FoodieindamakingDined on 6/21/2014We were visiting on vacation and we knew we were in a good spot when we noticed locals having their Saturday night dinner. Service impeccable ... Food from start to finish wonderful to the senses and wine list was too notch .. Atmosphere quiet .. Made For a grade A night out for dinner on our vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 6/21/2014A Resturant to go to while in Puerto Rico, food and service was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.