999 Ashford Avenue
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wilobenet.com/restaurants/pikayo.htm
- Phone: 7877216194
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Alex Rivera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Upscale off premise catering. Will travel abroad. Experienced in high volume.
A word from Pikayo
Going strong since 1990, serving primarily locals our version of many classics from around the world with the inclusion of local favorites as well as contemporary fusion dishes. This is Chef Wilo Benet's flagship restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pikayo - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Pikayo reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (53)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (31)scenic view (19)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Incredible Experience all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Flavors were so impressive with every course and every single bite. Best dinning experience yet!Special Features:
- Wow - an elegant/outstanding dinnerBarbarellaDined on 8/26/2014The service was impeccable. The food was superlative. The space between the tables perfect for a quiet, private dinner. I can't say enough about the excellent dining experience. If you go to San Juan - do not miss Picayo!Special Features:
- Highly recommendedjkpsDined on 8/26/2014I was in PR for business and after having several expensive but average meals elsewhere, I was very impressed with the high quality food and top notch service. My dinner experience could not have been more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Our meal at Pikayo was exceptionally good. We had the classic tasting menu. Everything was delicious. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of the Best!!DrSalgadoVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has consistency, excellent in service food and everything. Is one of the top three restaurant in San JuanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masterful Culinary ExperienceAGP11Dined on 8/16/2014Simply one of the dinners I have had in my life! An out of this world combination of flavors! Everything was simply sinful! The wine list was exceptional! Service was EXTRAORDINARY! Ambience, Lighting, Decor... WOW ! B RAVO !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceTeddyPDined on 8/16/2014My friends & I ate here our last night in San Juan. The food was excellent & the service was great.Special Features:
- Always raising the barUncriticVIPDined on 8/7/2014We have know Pikayo and Mr. Benet for a long time now and every time we dine there it's always special. The food is from the best quality and the service is impecable from every person there is interaction with. This is a highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- foodisgoodDined on 8/3/2014Service was great and the food was incredible. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation MustCarolynDined on 8/3/2014A must visit when visiting Puerto Rico! Friends recommended the restaurant. It was a 45 minute taxi ride from our resort and worth the trip.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 8/3/2014By far one of the best Resturant in San Juan Condado area, a must place to visit while in Puerto Rico. Outstanding all the waySpecial Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food as well as the service was outstanding , a place to go while in Puerto RicoSpecial Features:
- Condado FindCnav57Dined on 7/26/2014With only a quick overnight in San Juan, was looking for something different than the usual fare. After a short look at Yelp, Pikayo stood out as the place to try. Reservations for 2 at 7 pm was made and were seated at a nice 2 top. Initial service was attentive and a precursor for the remainder of the evening. Wine list, speciality drinks, and menus were provided. After a pleasant discussion with the waiter, we chose the. "Classic" tasting menu as opposed to the San Juan tasting menu. The wine list provided many choice selections, but we ended up with a Crémant de Bourgogne, Pinot Noir which paired perfectly with the tuna, foie gras, scallop ravioli, filet, shrimp and the cheese and chocolate soufflés. Definitely a gem in CondadoSpecial Features:
- This place was fantastic!!Hungrygirl27Dined on 7/24/2014I took my mom here for her 75th birthday and it was magical. They had the perfect table overlooking the ocean. I could not have asked for better food or a better place to be. Absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend this restaurant and then go gamble right across the hotel if you are feeling adventurous! Thank you Pikayo for an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true delightWaltSDined on 7/21/2014The entire experience at Pikayo was terrific. The service was friendly, informative even, and the setting was attractive, clean, and modern. The bread and honey butter were extraordinary. Each miniature pork belly burger was an explosion of flavors that blended perfectly; each bite of the tuna tartar, while more subtle, was no less delicious. The foie gras and plantain was also superb, and I'm not even typically a fan of foie gras. For our entree, we had the lamb chops which were quite good: excellent meat, well-seasoned, and prepared perfectly. And the dessert -- two small souffles, one chocolate and one cheese -- were beyond superb. Delicate, flavorful, but not overwhelmingly sweet. No plate left the table with food still on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didoDined on 7/21/2014We had the tasting and wine Pairing. Everything was unbelievable. Will be returning.Special Features:
- FabulousND2008NOVA2009Dined on 7/14/2014Pikayo was our third dinner here in Puerto Rico during our 7 night stay. We're going back before we leave! Enough said!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente ExperienciaMecheSDined on 7/12/2014Disfrutamos de la comida, del servicio y atenciones del personal. Esperamos volver pronto.Special Features:
- Equal to MarmaladeKnightOfNiVIPDined on 7/7/2014MAYBE even better. Had the Chef's Tasting and it was awesome. They even went above and beyond and subbed out the filet and gave me lamb chops (anyone can make a good filet, but lamb... you need a magic touch there.) Chef Wilo Benet ROCKED IT OUT. However, the pièce de résistance was their foie gras. W O WWWWW. 10 out of 10. Actually, a 9.75 out of 10, because it was only a 'tasting' and not a whole piece... but THAT was the REAL DEAL. The service was fantastic; water never went unfilled and they were right there pouring our wine... all unobtrusively. We went late, so I couldn't get a good view of the water, but it looked like it would have been a great setting. My wife, who's harder to please than I, loved Pikayo. We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious in every aspectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Outstanding service upon entry. Everyone was ultra pleasant and gave exceptionally great service to my boyfriend and I! Drinks were delicious and the food was delectable! ! We had the Spanish cava bubbly, scallops, foie gras, mini burgers, guava and cheese, and the desert chocolate and cheese were all incredible. Wish they were open for lunch to have my fix! ! What a find. Thank you for making a special night even moreso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Year Anniversary DinnerfreqtravelerDined on 6/25/2014After looking at a lot of options, Pikayo was my choice and I was very pleased! Food was excellent, the sea bass on the polenta was the best dish i think i have ever had. The swordfish was also top notch. Wine was outstanding. Great view and excellent service. Thanks Pikayo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Food was soooo gooood!!! Love everything. I recommend this place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience !FoodieindamakingDined on 6/21/2014We were visiting on vacation and we knew we were in a good spot when we noticed locals having their Saturday night dinner. Service impeccable ... Food from start to finish wonderful to the senses and wine list was too notch .. Atmosphere quiet .. Made For a grade A night out for dinner on our vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 6/21/2014A Resturant to go to while in Puerto Rico, food and service was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 10 yrs laterKyleDined on 6/18/2014I tried pikayo when in was in the modern museum of art 10yrs ago. This is my first time back in Puerto Rico since then and it us bigger and better than ever. Puerto Rican tasting menu is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and atmosphereGoodfoodDined on 6/14/2014We came to Puerto Rico to celebrate my wife birthday and wanted to go somewhere nice and romantic and Pikayo was the top choice. We were sitting at a table over looking the ocean. Our waiter was helpful and provided some recommendation for the appetizers;the plantain and beef brisket was amazing. Our entrees were excellent and seasoned very well. The salmon I had was the best I've ever tasted and my wife lamp chops were delicious. Presentation of the food was great too. All in all a great restaurant and my wife enjoyed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2014I can always count on Pikayo for a great meal--the menu is both creative and reliably delicious. With Gustavo covering the cocktails and Javier the wine--always guaranteed a great drink as well! Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The appetizers were phenomenal! We ordered four for our table and all of them were delicious. The souffle for desserts were a bit average, however the service was attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehGoodeaterDined on 5/26/2014Restaurant was stuffy. Good was overpriced. Service was terrible. Food was well prepared but small portions. Felt like a country club.Special Features:
- Mr. Lopezcat2014Dined on 5/24/2014excellent dining place. Great service, superb quality of foods and the timing to deliver the main course and dessert was excellent. Higly recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- MemorablePerfectionDined on 5/20/2014The best way to celebrate our last night in Puerto Rico! The Service was incredible, very attentive. We split the arugula and fennel salad, My husband had the rack of lamb and I had the halibut-which was that nights' special and for desert we had the chocolate and cheese soufflés--a must. Every course was perfection. The highlight was when Chef Benet came out and said hello--very personable. We couldn't have had a better end to our wonderful trip!Special Features:
- Great food and service. PricOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2014Food is very expensive but very good. The tasting menu is not worth it as you do not get enough food and go hungry though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurantZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 5/10/2014It is a great restaurant from the hostess to the dessert! Food was delicious, service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and very accomodating!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We are from out of town, coming straight from the airport and didn't have time to change. The received us like if we were properly dressed and then some. Very attentive, the table location was great. And the food was superb!!! Loved the green pigeon peas with rissoto, and the "bistec encebollado" His wine "Dobleu", is excellent. Very well assorted bar. Everything you see in the pictures on the website, is identical in person; well not truly... is even better. You get to see all the angles. And the interior design is just gorgeous, not too little not too much, very elegant.Special Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the Pikayo reviews archive.
- DisappointingnycfoodieVIPDined on 5/5/2014I researched Pikayo and was looking forward a special meal. We are from NYC and eat at some of the best restaurants in the world and thought that Pikayo would be in line with those restaurants from everything I read. Unfortunately, the service was terrible. We didn't receive any information about the tasting menu. I asked and the waist said - oh yeah - we have that. No asks if we wanted refills on drinks, etc. The soufflé was very good. Too bad the waiter never showed us the rest of the dessert menu or even asked if we wanted coffee. For those prices - which were higher than NYC - I expected top notch food, top notch service and a top notch experience.
- Get the OctopusDM359VIPDined on 5/4/2014Pikayo is worth the trip. The food was great. I highly recommend the octopus carpaccio. One of the best things I have ever eaten in my life! The only downside is the seating. If you are a party of 2 you will likely be seated in a row next to other parties of 2 - not great for private conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant in San JuanOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014Pikayo is our favorite restaurant in San Juan. we have been going back to it every time we are in Puerto Rico ( at least 18 years) The food is always exquisite, especially their Tasting Menus, the service is impeccable and the decor is Beautiful. It is on Par with the finest restaurants in New York A must visit Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatJohn55VIPDined on 4/18/2014This is a beautiful space. However the service by any standard was inattentive and slow. The Caesar salad was poor - the fish and desserts however were good.
- A superb dinnerJohnnyJoeDined on 4/17/2014The food was absolutely top notch gourmet. We had Chilean Sea Bass that literally melted in your mouth. That amazing entree came after a spectacular appetizer of a Pesto and Pistachio sauce on tagliatelle pasta. Amazing! We highly recommend the food and service.Special Features:
- Beautiful experienceEricLDined on 4/5/2014On vacation I hadn't expected a true 5 star experience. However Pikado delivers across the board. Service was solid with a never empty water glass and accommodative staff. The dining room is beautiful and tables well spaced to ensure privacy unlike most NYC hot spots. And lastly the food was diverse and innovative. Enjoyed the cheese soufflé and the mix of fish, pasta, salad and cheese dishes. Somewhat surprised by quality given food varietal diversity. Would certainly try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.