Pig N Whistle - Rockefeller Center
58 W 48th street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pig N Whistle - Rockefeller Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepigpub.com/
- Phone: 2128190095
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On our second Floor we have a seating capacity for at least 60 people which can be reserved for private parties. The second floor has its own Balcony with great views and a private Bar which is ideal for parties of any size. This Floor also has 4 flat screen TV's which is perfect for all sporting events, and each TV can be seen clearly from every corner of the second floor. Alot of the tables can be removed if desired to make way for a large dance floor which has been done in the past, and we have a great selection of platters and buffet options that can cater to that type of party. All in all this is a very versatile space and really can be transformed into whatever the you need!
- Private Party Contact: Mark Doonan 2128190095
- Cross Street: 48th st between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: The 47-50 Street Rockefeller subway station is within 100 yards walk. The 49th street times square station is just one block away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have the Rockefeller parking lot directly opposite the premises which has reasonable rates and many more within short walking distance. You also have on street parking outside.
A word from Pig N Whistle - Rockefeller Center
After the Golden Age of Radio came to an end during television’s ascent in the 1950s, two retired radio stagehands from NBC opened a restaurant and bar across the street from Rockefeller Center. Several decades and name changes later, The Pig ‘N’ Whistle @ Rockefeller Center is back to serving lunch, dinner and cocktails to NBC’s high-profile executives and on-air talent, as well as keeping up with the constant buzz in and around Rockefeller Center. Check out our events, Live Music, Dj’s and drink specials!!Come grab a drink at the bar and spot a celebrity ot two!!!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pig N Whistle - Rockefeller Center reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.5Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good food service needs improvementSPINYCDined on 6/13/2014Had the rock center burger- was delicious. Made a reservation for 10 but they split up our party 6/4. Wasn't happy about that. They were busy bc of world cup but that shouldn't be an excuse. Close to work tho so I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Pig N Whistle - Rockefeller Center reviews archive.
- YummyLangford1VIPDined on 4/6/2014The service and food were wonderful here! I highly recommend coming here. The other two people in our party were highly satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againRd28Dined on 2/16/2014Horrible service. Upon arrival they told me they do not do reservations. Then when we were sat down, the waitress came over to us every two to three minutes asking if we were ready yet. Mind you we had a group of seven and we all haven't seem each other in a while. They didn't have cold champagne and three of their draft beers ran out. Then they tried to make us leave by shutting off the music and turned on the lights. Overall it wasn't a good experience at all.
- Service is greatSharpeDined on 1/29/2014It wasn't very busy, but the server was attentive and very helpful with suggestions. The menu is limited, and there wasn't anything that blows you away, but all of the items were pretty good. I'd go again when convenience dictates. That's a compliment from me as I rarely go back to places that aren't to die for, because in NYC there are so many options that I haven't tried yetSpecial Features:
- Not a bad little bar. DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014Not a bad little bar. Decent food at decent prices, definitely a welcome relief from the mess of trendy nonsense happening in the rest of the midtown area. I wouldn't plan a night around this place, but it's perfect for grabbing a bite before a Saturday evening show.
- Group DinnerDeniseDined on 1/8/2014Arranged a group dinner for 20 and everyone really enjoyed their meals. Presentation was appealing, servings were more than generous and the food was quite good for pub fare. The service was very good....quite accommodating, friendly and efficient. Will return next year for another group event.Special Features:
- Has some historic value -JamesDined on 10/23/2013Has some historic value - many figures in US broadcasting history are in pictures on the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the NBC burgerNewsdorkDined on 10/21/2013Very tasty burger. Not your average bar burger. We made reservations for lunch but they weren't necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outnightoutDined on 10/10/2013We were a group of 14 looking for a place to have dinner prior to an early theatre night. The Pig'N Whistle gave a us a great table, great service and great food! We made it to the theatre in plenty of time and having such a great dinner started the evening out perfectly!! Thanks to all!!!Special Features:
- Went for lunch...nice neighborhoodcdanVIPDined on 2/12/2013Went for lunch...nice neighborhood spot. Good burger!Special Features:
- They did not have our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2013They did not have our reservation nor knew anything about OpenTable. But, they were very nice and tried calling their other two restaurants to check. And, they were able to give us a table and we had a nice dinner.Special Features:
- dont go!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2012We waited an hour and 15 minutes for brunch food. Almost all orders were incorrect. Food was luke warm or dried out.
- post 4th lunch...KyriakiChrisVIPDined on 7/2/2012we love you STEVEN or Stephen!!!! thanks for takingthe time with us and the craziness of our orders...Special Features:
- We had a group of 12, theyBobbyDined on 6/17/2012We had a group of 12, they split us up at 2 tables of 6, which I had no problem with. Beverage orders were taken right away, and our drinks arrived in a few minutes. The quality of the food was lower than I expected. I had a pulled pork sandwich. The portion was small, and the fries tasted liked they were pre-cooked. Service was so-so. Probably won't return.Special Features:
- Great menu, food was fresh,GuenGaladDined on 5/25/2012Great menu, food was fresh, waitstaff very helpful. Great place to eat and also be able to hear yourselves having a conversation. Recommend upstairs dining.Special Features:
- Besides them not being readyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Besides them not being ready for us at our reservation time everything was good. Reasonably priced, generous portions. Would go back.