Pig n Whistle on 36th
202 West 36th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Pig n Whistle on 36th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pignwhistleon36th.com/
- Phone: 2122394820
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM, Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 4:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Pig n Whistle On 36 would be happy to cater your next event We can cater your event here at our very spacious restaurant or we can bring the event to you and drop off for your office building or your home Please call us at 212-239-4820 and talk to one of our friendly staff or e-mail us at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Choose Pig 'n' Whistle for your next party or event.
- Private Party Contact: Brendan 2122394820
A word from Pig n Whistle on 36th
Welcome to Pig n' Whistle! The original Pig n' Whistle was located in the Old Townhouse of President Taft on West 48th street, in the heart of New York's Rockefeller Center. The friendly people and atmosphere quickly became the meeting place for New York's literary and banking elite. The new "Pig and Whistle" on West 36th Street, in the heart of the theater district, has the look and the feel of the historic townhouse where it all began. From the oak bar and paneling, copper bar back, private party rooms and bay window overlooking 36th street, "Pig and Whistle" continues to follow the same detail and style as that gracious home in Rockefeller Center. Please stop by. We look forward making your stay a very pleasant one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pig n Whistle on 36th reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love it here!ClaudiasPaletteDined on 5/31/2014I am definitely a repeat customer. I first went to The Pig 'n Whistle about 3 years ago and the food is great. The portions are decent and I definitely recommend the bread pudding. Enjoy :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewcitygirlatheartDined on 5/9/2014for quite a few years, we frequented the pig n whistle on west 47th st. and were disappointed to see it closed some time ago. we decided to give the 36th st. location a try before an MSG event and reserved on open table. mixed reviews from us for this visit....when we were being seated near the front door (that was open on a chilly, rainy night), i requested another table. there were multiple empty tables further back in the restaurant, and the hostess replied "there are no other tables, they are all reserved, too". made no sense to me as they remained empty for some time after our sitting at our table. anyway, our waitress was very good, the burgers were tasty.
- Good food, too noisyIl9091VIPDined on 4/2/2014The food is great, but the upstairs were closed and downstairs were way too noisy, music blasted so hard that we could nit hear each other across the small table.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing...notOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/26/2014Food was disappointing...not sure they know how to serve a proper Guinness.
- Great Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Lovely Irish Bar serving a wide variety of fabulous food. You wont be disappointed. Staff are very helpful and friendly..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert GemLizzieDeeDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I go here for dinner and drinks prior to attending concerts at MSG. Service is good, pub grub food is top notch and the drinks are great. The price is right too. Their Chicken Pot Pie is delicious but their Chili tastes like it is from a can :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saint Patrick's Day FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2014Reservation recommended if you intend to dine (this particular day), and if it's a "cold" one (like this past 3/17)... Secure a table away from the front door... preferably upstairs. Can't go wrong if you like corned beef & cabbage... *watch out for the "hot" mustard Wash it down w/ a Guinness... you'll be fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my third time atJderwin26VIPDined on 3/2/2014This was my third time at the Pig N Whistle and I enjoyed myself! Their sandwiches and salads are yummy and reasonably priced. It's fun before a game or event at MSG.Special Features:
- Great bar atmospheregfamjamDined on 2/20/2014Great place for a burger and a beer before the Justin Timberlake concert - they even played his music which got us pumped for the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect casual mealsookiDined on 2/16/2014Pig and Whistle is that cozy little pub set in the middle of Manhattan. The food was simple yet outstanding. We were a party of three and each had something different. The pastami was lean and delicious with crisp, not oily fries. The mac and cheese was one of the best ever tasted with a rich cheese sauce and mushrooms. Since the person ordering was not a meat eater, the waitress immediately volunteered that it could be made without bacon which was a good indication that it is made fresh and not reheated. The veggie burger was flavorful and rich with garden vegetables. The wait staff was attentive and efficient. It was a perfect casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its finektelVIPDined on 2/7/2014Pig & Whistle was fine for a fast burger and beer before a Knicks game. Only problem was the constant opening of the door allowed freezing air into the bar area.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2014I met some girlfriends here for Sunday Brunch. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD & SERVICE but Very NoisyEricaSDined on 12/19/2013Loved the wonderful food & excellent service. We were unprepared about how noisy it was. It was absolutely GREAT though, to get our table exactly for the time we booked!!! It is really a hot spot, very crowded with very friendly LOUD people at the bar which goes the whole length of first floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a bar meal!Jderwin26VIPDined on 11/12/2013This was my second time at the Pig n Whistle and it was delicious! Very casual, great bar atmosphere, but the food is still good. The turkey club and corned beef sandwich is great as is the shrimp club and the cobb salad. I definitely recommend for a quick bite to eat!Special Features:
- Its a sport bar with an Irish themeDinnerVIPDined on 11/10/2013Nothing fancy, nothing special about it. Service was just ok, food was nothing you can't find anywhere else in NYC.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!TrainWreckDined on 10/7/2013The food was excellent (recommend the bangers & mash)... but the service truly made the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise!VavalouVIPDined on 6/17/2013I was very pleasantly surprised to find that this wasn't your average midtown sports bar. The decor was upscale and had a nice mellow vibe to it. The food was really great - for starters our group had crab cakes, spinach and artichoke dip, ceab and asiago dip, cocnut shrimp - all were very good! The service was excellent and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ordinary and empty onrockyVIPDined on 6/9/2013Very ordinary and empty on a Sunday afternoon. Not a keeper
- A little too noisy, but overallIl9091VIPDined on 3/14/2013A little too noisy, but overall hearty food, fast service and very convenient location.Special Features:
- Bar with a pretty decent menuKiraDined on 3/12/2013Bar with a pretty decent menu. Convenient location right by Penn Station. Went on a Tuesday night - It was lively but not so loud that I had to shout across the table. The spinach artichoke dip was PHENOMENAL - probably the best I've ever had. My burger was good, cooked to my liking. Seating was a little cramped. It was pretty good overall.Special Features:
- Horrible service. In theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Horrible service. In the middle of our meal, our waitress went on break. We had to go to the bar to refill our own drinks and take napkins and utensils from other tables. Mid-Town Manhattan on a Saturday night, certainly expected better. Now I know why the place was empty.
- For anyone attending an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013For anyone attending an event at Madison Square Garden, Pig and Whistle is a convenient and excellent restaurant choice. Three of us enjoyed the filet mignon special. The steak was served medium, as requested. It came with perfectly cooked green beans and a delicious twice baked potato. My son substituted the potato for french fries without any problem. My daughter enjoyed the crab cake. We had a great experience and I would certainly dine there again.Special Features:
- Best Crab Cakes Ever!AndiODined on 2/7/2013I went here because it was two blocks from my hotel. The restaurant was super busy with an after work crowd, so it was really noisy. Expected that from a bar, though, at the 6:15 pm time. The service was outstanding, very attentive, and quick. The food was amazing. I had tomato soup and crab cakes, which were probably the best crab cakes I have ever tasted. That was a very nice surprise. I would go back there to eat those again.Special Features:
- Who dat?DavidArthurDined on 1/13/2013When I arrived and mentioned my reservation, the two hostesses stared at me blankly. They obviously had no idea what I was talking about. I did not pursue it - clearly there was no point - the word "reservation" meant nothing, so I let that go by. And, truth be told, ultimately, we did not stay. There was a football playoff game, and the crowd was lively, but I didn't realize one of the members of the party was slightly hard of hearing, so we had to find a quieter location. Nevertheless, most of us will be back again sometime- it's a pretty place, and the drink menu is outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice place. Good servicekelli75095Dined on 12/17/2012Had a nice dinner. Nice place. We had the potato leek soup. Very good. We also had the fish and chips. Small portion, but it was very good. Ordered the chicken panini. Very big sandwich. Very tasty too. Lastly we had the chicken pot pie. Was told it was excellent. Had good service too.Special Features:
- Pub / Dance Party... not good comboOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/13/2012We went on a weeknight at 7:30 and it wasn't at all what we were expecting. It's supposed to be a pub, right? Well, the music was electronic/dance music that was so loud we were yelling at each other over dinner... imagine "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" at the top of our lungs. I could understand if it were 10:30, but to not be able to understand our waitress or each other was frustrating. The food was decent bar food, and the service was decent too... on par with what you would expect from a pub, but nothing outstanding. Overall, I probably will not be back. If they turned the music level from "deafening" to "loud", I would consider it.Special Features:
- Great burger, and cobb saladOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2012Great burger, and cobb salad for lunch. I would call it upscale bar food.Special Features:
- Staff is warm and polite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2012Staff is warm and polite. Good place to bring network buddies. Nice place to enjoy lunch or brunch. Will contine to visit.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood place that'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/26/2012Nice neighborhood place that's good for a quick bit with client’s or friends. Service is friendly and good.Special Features:
- Overall, OK. Noiser than IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012Overall, OK. Noiser than I had hoped -- music turned up a little too high.Special Features:
- good, solid burgers and quickOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/16/2012good, solid burgers and quick service makes it a great stop for pre-game Garden event dinner
- Great service, accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012Great service, accommodating of young child, excellent food, great beer choices and helpful staff. Definitely a place we would patronize again!Special Features:
- Excellent service!!MikeHVIPDined on 3/17/2012Was here on st patrick's day and what a scene. Festive!!!! Service was unbelievable. Waitresses were awesome. Shepherds pie was great but the cornbeef was over cooked and dry. Beer was awesome too. Again, loved the service.Special Features:
- Very few tables - most placedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2012Very few tables - most placed against a wall upstairs and/or too close to bar. One cannot hear their own conversation. I would not call the noise level - energetic, I would call it loud.Special Features:
- As usual, every meal is consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2012As usual, every meal is consistent at the Pig 'N Whistle. I enjoy dining at all their locations.Special Features:
- A day in the Big AppleWolfhead9Dined on 1/6/2012Great party bar atmosphere with good Irish fare...bit crowded tables...two sweaters are tight...more appropriate for drinks and appsSpecial Features:
- Awesome food, we went NewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Awesome food, we went New Years eve, so a bit busy but totally fun.Special Features:
- We ate dinner there duringTheBloodmanDined on 12/10/2011We ate dinner there during SantaCON. Must have been 40 Santas along with a few elves and reindeer. Great time very vibrant goings on. Had a Shepherds Pie on a cold evening. Very filling hot and good. Good sized drinks and quick refills. Good time all around.Special Features:
- Really outstanding serviceBandVVIPDined on 11/20/2011Really outstanding service from the moment we walked in. Great food - we'd highly recommend it.
- Casual yet nice place...SHU3Dined on 11/4/2011Great place to hang out for a drink after work. The ambience is very energetic and very friendly staffs. The food was quite good too.Special Features: