Pig and Prince
1 Lackawana Plaza
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pig and Prince
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pigandprince.com/
- Phone: 9732331006x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday 5pm til 10pm
Friday /Saturday 5pm til 11pm
Sunday 5pm til 9pm
Tuesday – Saturday 4pm til Close
Sunday 11am til Close
11am til 2pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Pig and Prince
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pig and Prince reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (20)special occasion (17)hot spot (15)good for groups (13)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great FindKimberlyDined on 8/22/2014Good was really good, but the beautiful atmosphere was outstanding as was the service. We had a delicious bottle of wine. We lived the fact that we could get a delicious cheese plate which we ate half for appetizer and saved the rest for our final course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner in MontclairCuisinistaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Appetizers- fried artichokes and bison tartare were delicious. Main courses- cod, tilefish and lobster pasta were outstanding; home-cured meats looked delicious but no red meat eaters at our table so will have to leave it to other reviewers. Desserts-all delectable but the apricot tarte was a standout, and the spicy chocolate ice cream was definitely spicy but worth the jolt. Wine list was so-so. High ceilings and dark wood of the former train station were a nice change from the usual restaurant spaces in Montclair. Lackawanna Plaza location is in a not-upscale shopping mall, but at least there is parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKira0483VIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our first time dining here. The space is gorgeous and the food and service wonderful! We can't wait to go back for brunch.Special Features:
- Pig and PrinceHonestthoughtDined on 8/16/2014Less than stellar,overpriced experience.The food was mediocre at best The risotto was not properly cooked. Many other options in the area are better.
- Great brunch spotJT76Dined on 8/10/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary, we had a great time. Waiter was great, he recommended exactly what I was looking for in a meal. I would definitely go back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not amazingBasiaDined on 8/9/2014I had some of their food at a benefit before which was amazing. I also heard great things about this place but when i ate there finally the food wasn't that amazing. It was good but nothing amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerHeidiDined on 8/8/2014Innovative sides and vegetables. Wonderful main course and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!SabbyandJohnVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great for foodies, nice wine list, decor is great... Paid much attention to detail not only in food but atmosphere!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Great date place! Food was different and SO good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2014It was an off evening and the crowd was small with only 12 people in the restaurant located in a Stamford-White designed train station which can be very loud but it sure was nice on Sunday!Special Features:
- Always a great timeEAC17VIPDined on 7/19/2014The place is always great. Was seating at 7pm with no issues. Food and Drink selection is great and the portions are good. The sausage risotto is our favorite meal!Special Features:
- DissapointedDined on 7/18/2014Horrible experience with minimal or no service. Disappointed special night ruined.
- Inconsistent Food/Service, LoudMontclairMomDined on 7/18/2014While usually enjoying the food here, we have always hated the noise level, so we decided to try sitting at an outdoor table. There seemed to be only one server, and it took a few tries to get table settings. The table itself was very wobbly and screamo rock was blasting through a poor speaker. The food was mixed. Fried oysters and pork belly appetizers were perfectly prepared. The mussels with coconut milk and chorizo had a delicious sauce, but some of the mussels seemed uncooked while others were fine. The entree of tagliatelle with a lobster sauce was very good. Dessert of peach crostata was served with a stale cookie and an banal crust. Black pepper ice cream was good. The patio took on the feeling of a sports bar right before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, as always.jbardiDined on 7/18/2014this place is always beyond amazing. we ordered the bison tartare as a starter, the green pea risotto and steak as our main courses, and got the spicy chocolate & early grey tea ice cream for desert, as well as a few cocktails throughout. the bison was the only thing we didn't totally love - the things that were paired it with kind of overpowered the taste of the bison itself. everything else was great. I ordered the "Brinley Crush"cocktail, which was amazing. perfect refreshing summer cocktail. tastes almost like a pina colada, but the lime and vanilla bitters kept it from being super sweet. I have been, and will continue to, recommend this restaurant to anyone who will listen. love.Special Features:
- Good experience (not my best)AlliLizDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Pig & Prince several times and have had some fantastic meals there. On this occasion I ordered one of the specials - the scallops - and was a little underwhelmed as they tasted slightly oily and a bit too salty. On the other hand, the service was terrific, as usual. Despite my disappointment with the meal, I'll definitely return as I look at this as a rare bad night. Usually the food is perfectly done and tasty.Special Features:
- ShoshyDined on 7/12/2014The service was very good and the food was great!! It is worth the return trip!Special Features:
- Pig and PrinceDMCTDined on 7/5/2014I had been to Pig and Prince twice before but for cocktails only. Most restaurants in Montclair are BYOB, so my friends and I have been meeting up at P&P for before dinner drinks. Every time we've gone, we've ended up wondering why we didn't just eat there. I was very glad to finally get the chance this weekend. Everything was delicious! I had the arugula salad and the skate for dinner. The sriracha potatoes were a little too spicy for my taste but still worked well with the pickled vegetables. For dessert I had two scoops of ice cream - pistachio and cinnamon toast crunch. I didn't try any signature cocktails this time around, but all of the ones I tried before were great. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good SpotrafmanDined on 7/4/2014Really very good food drink service and vibe. Outside dining looks a bit sketchy on the street and could use privacy fenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouscatscivettiDined on 7/4/2014the food is amazing and keeps on getting better. you can never go wrong with the small plates and pizza. the bar is perfect and the overall ambiance is fabulous. the best tuna tartar ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & OverratedBigManda1Dined on 6/28/2014Atmosphere was cool and unique, but portions were small. Food was very underwhelming and expensive. Service was bad. And, oddly enough, there were barely any pork entrees on the menu. I wouldn't go back.
- Nice BrunchnjtxfoodieDined on 6/22/2014I recently had brunch at Pig and Prince on a Sunday with a girlfriend. I ordered the eggs benedict and she ordered the omelet. I enjoyed my dish and my friend enjoyed hers. We also had brunch cocktails. I had a bellini and my girlfriend had the mimosa. I would definitely come back again for brunch. The food and cocktails were reasonably priced and also very good. The food was so good that I could have eaten more! To that end-I think there should be some more food on the plate-perhaps that is why the prices are reasonable. Also, there should be dessert available at brunch. I have been there for dinner and had dessert. The desserts are delicious.Special Features:
- I was invisibleBradDined on 6/8/2014Upon confirming my reservation, I was seated. I sat, and sat, and sat. I finally asked who my server is. Reluctantly, one named Dan came over and said he would serve me. I asked if mine was his table. He said no. I asked what happened. He said the server for my table didn't want to do it. That was so weird and made me feel like nothing. I was truly invisible and they cared less that I was there. The place is noisy also and looks like a hangar for old B 52 aircraft from World War 2. Cold is the feel actually, in environment as well as treatment. Dan smiled, but no one else serving did. It made me wonder if management is unkind and even mean. I will never go there again. Brad StoneSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodEmptynestepicureDined on 6/8/2014Dined here several times for dinner, but this was my first brunch. Loved the menu choices. Had the confit with sweet potato has and two eggs done just right. Attentive and efficient server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodSandyDined on 6/7/2014The food and atmosphere were superb. Our waiter was very accommodating and nice. We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Montclair AlternativesteakloverDined on 6/6/2014Second visit to restaurant and had friends meet us. Lots of fun and very nice menu even though it is a little limited. Waiter and service was excellent. He really new his wine and beer and was very helpful with suggestions. Good time for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!NikitaDined on 5/23/2014The menu is very unique, made up of small plates, entrees, charcuterie, pizzettes, and pastas and everything is so delicious. A little limited in choice, but a great handful of dishes for those with adventurous palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellaVIPDined on 5/22/2014I have dined here many times and have been returning less and less. The food is very good but the service is consistently poor. The wait staff is more interested in chatting amongst themselves in than serving customers. Water was never refilled. Recommendations were incorrect. It is such a shame - the restaurant has such potential with the location and fantastic chef.
- Awful wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014The food and ambience were outstanding. Food tasted great but portions were terribly small- I left hungry. Our waiter was awful. He was downright rude to us at times. I would never return here.
- Failed expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014For the price we were surprisingly disappointed. The food was just okay and we felt rushed.
- mothers day brunchDsg248Dined on 5/11/2014Went there for Sunday brunch. The food and selection were very good. Many choices and even food for picky kids. Service was excellent. Only issue was price. $40/person (adult) is pretty steep for brunch when you're essentially eating bacon, eggs and fruit. For maybe throw in a bloody mary or mimosa. Regardless,.we.had a lovely time and family enjoyed and we had a great family brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDCaraBDCaraDined on 5/10/2014Second visit did not disappoint. Food is delicious/great wine list and knowledgable, friendly staff.Special Features:
- The following 297 reviews are from the Pig and Prince reviews archive.
- Awesome experience!TLFarinoDined on 4/27/2014I brought my friends from NY to this place for brunch one day and it was overall excellent! The place itself is cool looking with a medieval type ambience. Food was amazing along with bloodymary's! Service was so friendly and sweet. I'd go back here every weekend if I didn't live 40 minutes away.Special Features:
- mediocre foodsirlancelotDined on 4/26/2014mediocre food/limited menu with all the fab restaurants in Montclair and environs, I would not go back to Pig & PrinceSpecial Features:
- Historic MontclairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014For anyone who loves anything associated with the railroad this restaurant is amazing. The original clock stuck on the time it closed (made that up but there is an old clock that is doesn't work). I had the pork chops. Very tasty and tender! The waiter was really nice too.Special Features:
- Not worth itrsv24VIPDined on 4/4/2014The waiter was very nice. The dessert was good. The wine was good. The appetizer elote was terrible. The steak was chewy flavorless and oy. The sweet potatoes were to salty. The fingerling potatoes were greasy. I would've rather eaten at Wendy's then here and I hate fast food.Special Features:
- Great space & foodKathyDined on 4/1/2014This restaurant is definitely a stunner, the inside alone is worth the trip but food is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findAddasVIPDined on 3/30/2014Went to brunch on a Sunday and had a great time. Cool eclectic menu. The grilled cheese is outstanding. Bloody mary was nice and spicy, but not much liquor was in it. The decor is really cool as well. Def going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't love it...BunnymomVIPDined on 3/29/2014We arrived at 6:30 and we were seated promptly. We then ordered small plates as starters, entrees, and sides. When the starters arrived there was a portion difference between several of the same dishes. The half portion of risotto served in a saucer...for the price I expected more.The cauliflower salad which was 3 or 4 pieces of cauliflower nicely dressed and presented...but $13.00! Our entrees came a short time later. The full order ($21.00) was served on a dinner plate! Come on put it in a bowl at least so it can be eaten on the bowl not the table. The chicken Kiev came burned on the bottom and the chicken was overcooked. One positive was the server who was knowledgeable. I don't think the Pig is on the menu for future dining.
- Great little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The food was great. The beer selection was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated Interesting hot spotKimDDined on 3/22/2014The atmosphere is cool as it is located in an old train station. Both the bar menu and the regular menu are so interesting, sophisticated and different. We enjoyed our cocktails and food immensely. It is pricey but the food is worth it. It was fun to be adventurous with our food choices.Special Features: