Pietro's Italian Restaurant
317 E Kettleman Lane
Lodi, CA 95240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pietro's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pietroslodi.com/
- Phone: 2093680613
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Lunch: Saturday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jim Murdaca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Pietro’s offers several large party dining options :
Stanza di Vino room - accommodates 22 guests; Un Bel Paese room - accommodates 34 guests, Garden Pation (outside) - accommodates 44 guests.
We also offer specific banquet menus to make your dining choices easy and delicious.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Murdaca 2093680613
A word from Pietro's Italian Restaurant
Welcome to Pietro’s of Lodi, a classic Italian restaurant that serves rich flavors and hearty portions at affordable prices. Since 1957 the proud family tradition for serving good food lives on with favorites like hand-tossed pizza, homemade ravioli, and authentic minestrone with homemade bread and broiled chicken with angel hair pasta. In addition, they offer delicious traditional dishes like eggplant lasagna, chicken florentine, and veal scaloppini. The menu is also complimented with Dover filet of sole, pancetta prawns and calamari steak. Their homemade desserts of cannoli, tiramisu and biscotti are made fresh daily. And the final family feel to the restaurant is their on-site herb and vegetable garden patio where one experiences the true fresh taste from the garden to the kitchen. It gives one the feel of a "meal with mama" on Sunday afternoon in Italy. Come enjoy the experience and meet the owners Jim and Annette Murdaca personally, as they meet and greet you at the door.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pietro's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lodi ›
Pietro's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)special occasion (44)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (25)romantic (24)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (16)hot spot (10)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- dinningoutdinningoutDined on 10/18/2014Pietros has always been good until Saturday night. I ordered steak sandwich, medium rare. It came well done and tough. By the time my second meal was brought my husband was almost finished with his. I ate some while he sat and watched and then took the rest home in a box. Very disappointed, we each basically ate by ourself. No discount, not even a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014I was looking for a restaurant in the Lodi area being we were attending the Wicked Wine Stroll downtown. What a fantastic find. Food was excellent. We sat on the patio which was cozy. It was surrounded by raised garden beds that had spices and vegetables planted. This was just a pleasant surprise. There was nothing to be disappointed in. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmospherepeterwgVIPDined on 10/13/2014Nice patio to sit on a warm night and enjoy dinner and linger over a bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pietros is ExcellentLitaDined on 10/9/2014Pietros has the best Italian food! We eat Italian quite a lot in San Francisco and none can hold a candle to Pietros!Special Features:
- lunch with a friend2forlunchDined on 10/8/2014our lunch was great, but the table next to us was so loud that I had to continually lean to hear my friend speakSpecial Features:
- Mama Mia!JoValDined on 10/7/2014We celebrated my hubby's birthday at Pietro's. We had a lovely table next to the window which overlooked the outdoor dining area. I was almost sorry we didn't eat outside! Our server was great in checking to see how we were doing. I hate restaurants where it seems like they check on you every five minutes! The food was delicioso! They were a bit busy the night we had dinner, so the service was a bit on the slow side but was hot when it reached the table. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in LodiCLJAKOVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food, ambience, service, ... let's just say everything was outstanding. We dined outdoors in a very well appointed garden area. If you have only one night out, go here.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014We have been here several times lately and the food is always consistently good. We were there on a Tues night and it seemed like a week-end most tables were full and it was a very lively scene. To me this says it is a well run restaurant.Special Features:
- SantaconDined on 9/20/2014Pietro's is always a great place to go. Great food! You will not be disappointed when you eat here. Family owned and people are very friendly.Special Features:
- Good food, Good service!Dots4meDined on 9/17/2014We went to Pietro's for a birthday dinner midweek. There were lots of diners there when we arrived at 6:30 P.M. We had reservations for the back patio, and we were seated promptly in a nice shady spot. The waitress, whose name I don't remember, was very good! She was attentive, took very good care of us, and had a great personality and attitude. The food was very good. Two of us had the chicken picatta, one had chicken scaloppini, and the fourth had the fish special, petrale sole. Everyone thought their food tasted perfect. We had a very enjoyable evening eating and socializing with one another. I would definitely go back to Pietro's again.We really enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Never disappointedFood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful patio, great service, good food, very consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ItalianAvoLindaDined on 9/11/2014If you like fresh vegetables and delicious food, this is the place for you. A favourite in the region, you'll feel welcomed by owners Jim and Annette Murdaca and well fed with fresh vegetables and herbs growing right on site. Feels like our own little Tuscany...Special Features:
- Like being in ItalySailoffDined on 9/9/2014Outdoor area transports you Italy. Flowers, fountain and vegetables growing everywhere. Beautiful little bar. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mardylDined on 9/9/2014Great place. Will return time and time again. Great outdoor diningSpecial Features:
- Family CelebrationSturdy1AliveDined on 9/9/2014My daughter, who is Italian, was visiting from the East Coast for a brief visit with her family. Her visit was mainly in San Francisco for her best friend's wedding. However, we managed to squeeze an evening together with immediate family members for a Wonderful Dining Experience. The Owner was in this evening and greeted us at the door upon arrival. Little to Our Surprise, my father was rushed to the Emergency department the very next day due to a Complete Heart Block and went into surgery to receive a new pace maker. If this night was the night that my Father was to be called Home to Our Lord, what better way to End his journey than on a Full Stomach :) We Highly Recommend Pietros for your next dining experience. We are Grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Everything made from scratch.. Best home-made. The owner came around and shook everyone's hand. Cant say enough about how good the food is...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014Consistently good, fresh home-made Italian. We were there on a busy night, had to wait a few minutes, even with a reservation, but all staff was pleasant and service was efficient and quick once we were seated.Special Features:
- teriwyDined on 8/30/2014Place is always packed Saturday night so reservations always recommended. Which you can make on-line. I love the food here. My favorite for lunch is the meatball sandwich with raviolis. At just 10 bucks this is delish and there is always enuff left over for a second meal. Really not anything special inside as far as ambiance but their food is really enjoyable and doesnt break the bank. Service is good and u can usually find the owner walking around table to table. The also have a very different selections of pizza. Salad is fresh, luv their bruschetta the tomatoes are from their own garden. They also serve their homemade focciaca bread and garlic butter with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service!WeezeeDined on 8/29/2014Large portions. Quality of food was excellent. Noisy place, definitely not for a romantic, intimate dinner. We had 8 in our party and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperienceCremeBruleNotJelloDined on 8/29/2014Overall a wonderful experience. I look forward to going back soon! Beautiful patio! I love the veggie gardens and the fruit trees. Recommended to me from a friend, I will recommend also.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in our areaLodidinnerDined on 8/27/2014The last time I ate there the food was outstanding and this time good. Not sure what makes the difference. If not for the noise level as the evening progressed I would have given it an outstanding but at least we could still hear each other. Outdoor dining there is very good and takes care of the noise problems but it was just too warm this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lodi gemderfVIPDined on 8/23/2014The owners are very involved and really want to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS excellent- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We have an excellent meal & service every time we dine here. There is only one drawback to dining here- if you don't have a reservation Friday or Saturday evening, you probably won't be eating here....this is a sign of a great place!Special Features:
- Loving PietrosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My friend and I made the 45 minute trip from Rio Vista to Lodi just so to enjoy a meal at our favorite restaurant in the area. We made a reservation so although they were busy (as always) we didn't have to wait. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and specials and helped my friend make a choice of wine. Joe decided on the catch of the day and I ordered the homemade ravioli. Both meals were delicious (as always) and there was enough ravioli for me to take home for dinner another night. The staff were friendly and polite (as always) and we left happy and content.Special Features:
- Always a good experiencehappypatronDined on 8/15/2014Great food, always a friendly welcome usually from Jimmy, the owner, and always a well managed, friendly staff. We love the outdoor patio area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat, but…OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/13/2014Pietro's is our favorite Italian restaurant. The food is always superb. This time we had the Risotto del Mare - packed with clams, mussels and shrimp in a lovely tomato risotto. Others at the table raved about the creamy risotto, chicken, ravioli and pancetta-wrapped prawns. We love the bruschetta and their homemade bread is a delight. The minestrone is delicious and served as a generous portion. The server was excellent. In the past, these owners have done a lovely dessert presentation and gift bag for birthdays and other celebrations. Even though we indicated on our OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, nothing was done. I don't know if they have changed their practice or dropped the ball. It was very disappointing.
- Birthday dinner in the courtyardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014It was my 55th birthday and all I wanted was to have a quiet dinner with my husband . We chose Pietro's as we had dined many times before but had not been in a while. Upon arriving we were going to be seated at a table for two right by the hostess stand in the main dining room which was filled and active and loud. When I asked to be seated outside in the courtyard the hostess was very accommodating and we were seated at a quiet and lovely table outside. It was a gorgeous evening and dinner was delicious plus our server was fun and attentive. The birthday dinner was a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect on the patioMamaTDined on 8/5/2014Had an enjoyable lunch catching up with a friend. The server noticed we were doing more talking than eating and let us linger over our meal. The food was flavorful and fresh. When we were leaving a cook was picking vegetables from the beautiful garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Placejennsgems7Dined on 8/2/2014Always the best, we come here all the time and love it! Great place for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Incredible Food and ServiceBearDined on 7/29/2014We were caught in traffic causing us to be very late for our reservation. We were assured of seating even though our arrival was very close to Pietro's closing time. The food was spectacular and Cory our waitress was spectacular. This was a special event for us and they made it even more special with the excellent food and surprises they afforded us. Regardless if your looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special event or not Pietro's never fails to exceed expectations. In addition to everything else an incredible value.Special Features:
- Just a GEM in diningthe4dinersDined on 7/23/2014I brought my sister and her husband to celebrate their anniversary and his retirement. I have been twice before and I knew it wouldn't disappoint! It certainly did not. We live in Jackson and Sutter Creek and the trip is an easy one. The food was marvelous!!!!! The only criticism I have is perhaps the hostess could be a little more customer friendly. A smile goes a long way. However, we will be back again for the suburb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I was here about 2months ago and the food and wine was outstanding. So when in town again I took some other colleagues there. Our server was awesome very sweet girl trying hard to please everyone around us. But I ordered the veal piccata and it tasted weird and was burned on the bottom. We got mussels superb! I highly recommend them. The calamari kind of rubbery. We sat outside and it was extremely windy to the point it disturbed everyone in our area. They couldn't tame the outdoor curtain. I felt bad for the server she couldn't do anything. I would go back when in town again just for the pasta and mussels.Special Features:
- Destination restaurant in Lodiwine4meDined on 7/18/2014Really delicious. Large servings and excellent quality. Homemade ravs were to die for paired with superb veal parmesan. Nice reasonable wine list. I'm from SF and hard to please. Really happy tourist here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 22nd AnniversaryliloldmeDined on 7/18/2014Perfect table overlooking the beautiful garden. The service was excellent, not obtrusive. Portions were just right. Enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorganDined on 7/17/2014Seven of us enjoyed our lunch at Pietro's. Everything was first class - we were celebrating two birthdays and were delighted when they presented the birthday girls with a gift - wine glass, and chocolate. Also treated us to strawberry tiramuso (?). Will definitely be back again and again. Favorite Lodi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ya gotta love ItalianeatdessertfirstDined on 7/8/2014The décor is beautiful. The menu is varied - lots of great choices, but so many it takes an hour to red the menu! The food was delicious, filling, hot (where it was supposed to be!), and portion sizes allowed for lunch the following day (isn't most Italian better the next day, anyway?). The wine selection is a nice mix of local wines and Italian wines, listed regionally, for those in the Italian wine "know." The noise level would have to be the biggest complaint. Not a lot of conversation was had that night due to the loudness of the room we were in (and it could be that being in that particular section intensified the noise). I have lunched here previously and had a seat on the patio, and the noise was much more acceptable. Eat hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!JSS2Dined on 7/5/2014Our evening out was very special. Not only was the food very good, but the service the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- lovelyfoodlover21Dined on 6/26/2014We had a very nice evening. We ordered pizza which was amazing the chobatta bread was DELICIOUS. We will save this place for our date nights as it is a little pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!MrsYerkeDined on 6/25/2014Every time we eat here they are wonderful. They have been so great to us from our rehearsal dinner 3 years ago and every time since!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianfrtcVIPDined on 6/25/2014Always good food at a good price. Service is good even when they are busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Pietro's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.