Pietro's Italian Restaurant
317 E Kettleman Lane
Lodi, CA 95240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pietro's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pietroslodi.com/
- Phone: 2093680613
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Lunch: Saturday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jim Murdaca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Pietro’s offers several large party dining options :
Stanza di Vino room - accommodates 22 guests; Un Bel Paese room - accommodates 34 guests, Garden Pation (outside) - accommodates 44 guests.
We also offer specific banquet menus to make your dining choices easy and delicious.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Murdaca 2093680613
A word from Pietro's Italian Restaurant
Welcome to Pietro’s of Lodi, a classic Italian restaurant that serves rich flavors and hearty portions at affordable prices. Since 1957 the proud family tradition for serving good food lives on with favorites like hand-tossed pizza, homemade ravioli, and authentic minestrone with homemade bread and broiled chicken with angel hair pasta. In addition, they offer delicious traditional dishes like eggplant lasagna, chicken florentine, and veal scaloppini. The menu is also complimented with Dover filet of sole, pancetta prawns and calamari steak. Their homemade desserts of cannoli, tiramisu and biscotti are made fresh daily. And the final family feel to the restaurant is their on-site herb and vegetable garden patio where one experiences the true fresh taste from the garden to the kitchen. It gives one the feel of a "meal with mama" on Sunday afternoon in Italy. Come enjoy the experience and meet the owners Jim and Annette Murdaca personally, as they meet and greet you at the door.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pietro's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lodi ›
Pietro's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (59)special occasion (46)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (25)romantic (23)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)scenic view (7)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food, Good service!Dots4meDined on 9/17/2014We went to Pietro's for a birthday dinner midweek. There were lots of diners there when we arrived at 6:30 P.M. We had reservations for the back patio, and we were seated promptly in a nice shady spot. The waitress, whose name I don't remember, was very good! She was attentive, took very good care of us, and had a great personality and attitude. The food was very good. Two of us had the chicken picatta, one had chicken scaloppini, and the fourth had the fish special, petrale sole. Everyone thought their food tasted perfect. We had a very enjoyable evening eating and socializing with one another. I would definitely go back to Pietro's again.We really enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Never disappointedFood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful patio, great service, good food, very consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ItalianAvoLindaDined on 9/11/2014If you like fresh vegetables and delicious food, this is the place for you. A favourite in the region, you'll feel welcomed by owners Jim and Annette Murdaca and well fed with fresh vegetables and herbs growing right on site. Feels like our own little Tuscany...Special Features:
- Like being in ItalySailoffDined on 9/9/2014Outdoor area transports you Italy. Flowers, fountain and vegetables growing everywhere. Beautiful little bar. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mardylDined on 9/9/2014Great place. Will return time and time again. Great outdoor diningSpecial Features:
- Family CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014My daughter, who is Italian, was visiting from the East Coast for a brief visit with her family. Her visit was mainly in San Francisco for her best friend's wedding. However, we managed to squeeze an evening together with immediate family members for a Wonderful Dining Experience. The Owner was in this evening and greeted us at the door upon arrival. Little to Our Surprise, my father was rushed to the Emergency department the very next day due to a Complete Heart Block and went into surgery to receive a new pace maker. If this night was the night that my Father was to be called Home to Our Lord, what better way to End his journey than on a Full Stomach :) We Highly Recommend Pietros for your next dining experience. We are Grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Everything made from scratch.. Best home-made. The owner came around and shook everyone's hand. Cant say enough about how good the food is...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014Consistently good, fresh home-made Italian. We were there on a busy night, had to wait a few minutes, even with a reservation, but all staff was pleasant and service was efficient and quick once we were seated.Special Features:
- teriwyDined on 8/30/2014Place is always packed Saturday night so reservations always recommended. Which you can make on-line. I love the food here. My favorite for lunch is the meatball sandwich with raviolis. At just 10 bucks this is delish and there is always enuff left over for a second meal. Really not anything special inside as far as ambiance but their food is really enjoyable and doesnt break the bank. Service is good and u can usually find the owner walking around table to table. The also have a very different selections of pizza. Salad is fresh, luv their bruschetta the tomatoes are from their own garden. They also serve their homemade focciaca bread and garlic butter with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service!WeezeeDined on 8/29/2014Large portions. Quality of food was excellent. Noisy place, definitely not for a romantic, intimate dinner. We had 8 in our party and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperienceCremeBruleNotJelloDined on 8/29/2014Overall a wonderful experience. I look forward to going back soon! Beautiful patio! I love the veggie gardens and the fruit trees. Recommended to me from a friend, I will recommend also.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in our areaLodidinnerDined on 8/27/2014The last time I ate there the food was outstanding and this time good. Not sure what makes the difference. If not for the noise level as the evening progressed I would have given it an outstanding but at least we could still hear each other. Outdoor dining there is very good and takes care of the noise problems but it was just too warm this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lodi gemderfVIPDined on 8/23/2014The owners are very involved and really want to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS excellent- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We have an excellent meal & service every time we dine here. There is only one drawback to dining here- if you don't have a reservation Friday or Saturday evening, you probably won't be eating here....this is a sign of a great place!Special Features:
- Loving PietrosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My friend and I made the 45 minute trip from Rio Vista to Lodi just so to enjoy a meal at our favorite restaurant in the area. We made a reservation so although they were busy (as always) we didn't have to wait. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and specials and helped my friend make a choice of wine. Joe decided on the catch of the day and I ordered the homemade ravioli. Both meals were delicious (as always) and there was enough ravioli for me to take home for dinner another night. The staff were friendly and polite (as always) and we left happy and content.Special Features:
- Always a good experiencehappypatronDined on 8/15/2014Great food, always a friendly welcome usually from Jimmy, the owner, and always a well managed, friendly staff. We love the outdoor patio area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat, but…OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/13/2014Pietro's is our favorite Italian restaurant. The food is always superb. This time we had the Risotto del Mare - packed with clams, mussels and shrimp in a lovely tomato risotto. Others at the table raved about the creamy risotto, chicken, ravioli and pancetta-wrapped prawns. We love the bruschetta and their homemade bread is a delight. The minestrone is delicious and served as a generous portion. The server was excellent. In the past, these owners have done a lovely dessert presentation and gift bag for birthdays and other celebrations. Even though we indicated on our OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, nothing was done. I don't know if they have changed their practice or dropped the ball. It was very disappointing.
- Birthday dinner in the courtyardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014It was my 55th birthday and all I wanted was to have a quiet dinner with my husband . We chose Pietro's as we had dined many times before but had not been in a while. Upon arriving we were going to be seated at a table for two right by the hostess stand in the main dining room which was filled and active and loud. When I asked to be seated outside in the courtyard the hostess was very accommodating and we were seated at a quiet and lovely table outside. It was a gorgeous evening and dinner was delicious plus our server was fun and attentive. The birthday dinner was a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect on the patioMamaTDined on 8/5/2014Had an enjoyable lunch catching up with a friend. The server noticed we were doing more talking than eating and let us linger over our meal. The food was flavorful and fresh. When we were leaving a cook was picking vegetables from the beautiful garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Placejennsgems7Dined on 8/2/2014Always the best, we come here all the time and love it! Great place for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Incredible Food and ServiceBearDined on 7/29/2014We were caught in traffic causing us to be very late for our reservation. We were assured of seating even though our arrival was very close to Pietro's closing time. The food was spectacular and Cory our waitress was spectacular. This was a special event for us and they made it even more special with the excellent food and surprises they afforded us. Regardless if your looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special event or not Pietro's never fails to exceed expectations. In addition to everything else an incredible value.Special Features:
- Just a GEM in diningthe4dinersDined on 7/23/2014I brought my sister and her husband to celebrate their anniversary and his retirement. I have been twice before and I knew it wouldn't disappoint! It certainly did not. We live in Jackson and Sutter Creek and the trip is an easy one. The food was marvelous!!!!! The only criticism I have is perhaps the hostess could be a little more customer friendly. A smile goes a long way. However, we will be back again for the suburb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I was here about 2months ago and the food and wine was outstanding. So when in town again I took some other colleagues there. Our server was awesome very sweet girl trying hard to please everyone around us. But I ordered the veal piccata and it tasted weird and was burned on the bottom. We got mussels superb! I highly recommend them. The calamari kind of rubbery. We sat outside and it was extremely windy to the point it disturbed everyone in our area. They couldn't tame the outdoor curtain. I felt bad for the server she couldn't do anything. I would go back when in town again just for the pasta and mussels.Special Features:
- Destination restaurant in Lodiwine4meDined on 7/18/2014Really delicious. Large servings and excellent quality. Homemade ravs were to die for paired with superb veal parmesan. Nice reasonable wine list. I'm from SF and hard to please. Really happy tourist here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 22nd AnniversaryliloldmeDined on 7/18/2014Perfect table overlooking the beautiful garden. The service was excellent, not obtrusive. Portions were just right. Enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorganDined on 7/17/2014Seven of us enjoyed our lunch at Pietro's. Everything was first class - we were celebrating two birthdays and were delighted when they presented the birthday girls with a gift - wine glass, and chocolate. Also treated us to strawberry tiramuso (?). Will definitely be back again and again. Favorite Lodi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ya gotta love ItalianeatdessertfirstDined on 7/8/2014The décor is beautiful. The menu is varied - lots of great choices, but so many it takes an hour to red the menu! The food was delicious, filling, hot (where it was supposed to be!), and portion sizes allowed for lunch the following day (isn't most Italian better the next day, anyway?). The wine selection is a nice mix of local wines and Italian wines, listed regionally, for those in the Italian wine "know." The noise level would have to be the biggest complaint. Not a lot of conversation was had that night due to the loudness of the room we were in (and it could be that being in that particular section intensified the noise). I have lunched here previously and had a seat on the patio, and the noise was much more acceptable. Eat hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!JSS2Dined on 7/5/2014Our evening out was very special. Not only was the food very good, but the service the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- lovelyfoodlover21Dined on 6/26/2014We had a very nice evening. We ordered pizza which was amazing the chobatta bread was DELICIOUS. We will save this place for our date nights as it is a little pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!MrsYerkeDined on 6/25/2014Every time we eat here they are wonderful. They have been so great to us from our rehearsal dinner 3 years ago and every time since!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianfrtcVIPDined on 6/25/2014Always good food at a good price. Service is good even when they are busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a local gemOuisieDined on 6/20/2014My husband took me to dinner to celebrate my birthday. Our girls are finally enough to stay home alone so it's been quite a few years since we've been to Pietro's. The food was delicious, from the antipasto to the risotto. The green beans to die for. The mojito with fresh thyme was refreshing. The only reason I didn't give it a five was our first server. After sitting at our table for fifteen minutes with drinks but no bread, I asked for some. I received some grief from her but after speaking with the manager, we we're served by another and he was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoritechowhoundDined on 6/20/2014Pietros is one of my favorite restaurants. My friend and I dine there at least once a month. The atmosphere is like being in a little Italian village. The food is delicious and made fresh. Most veggies come from there on site garden. The service is friendly and they go out of their way to make your visit a most enjoyable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ShellyDDined on 6/18/2014You just can't go wrong with Pietros. Great food, great staff, great place. It's nice to see how the owner comes around to the tables to see how people are doing. This has become our family go- to for birthdays. They'll bring the bday guest a lovely tiramisu at the end of the meal. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJlmimsDined on 6/13/2014Best Italian restaurant! I do miss the pizza Pietro's used to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Will Come Backdoug73Dined on 5/31/2014My LA son was in Sacramento on business and we wanted to meet up for lunch, so I went online and looked at restaurants in Lodi, figuring that it would be an easy drive for us from Concord and him from Sacramento. He and my wife, being on diets, each had different salads, which they both raved about . . . I, on the other hand do not diet, so I went for it. I had the steak sandwich, which was excellent. My meat was at least 1" thick, cooked exactly as I asked, and came with a small tossed green salad and a wonderful Ravioli with a killer red sauce. We spent a couple of hours visiting with no attempt to get us to leave once we were done eating. We had an enjoyable, unrushed visit in an outstanding setting. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Drinks at the BarPleasedDined on 5/30/2014After five long minutes at the bar, with three people milling around, we finally got a chance to order. We were the only people sitting at the bar, deplorable. Aside from the general noise, which we expect having eaten here plenty of times, the food was good. The fresh bread is fabulous. Nothing spectacular on this visit and we didn't bring the kids. I was hoping for a little more romantic ambiance.
- Always good!TonyDined on 5/27/2014We had a delicious meal. I took friends to Pietros and they said it was the best lasagna and the best eggplant parmesan they had ever eaten. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 347 reviews are from the Pietro's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Beautiful patio diningWineOVIPDined on 5/22/2014Food was good but service was slow. Water glasses empty. It was very hot where we were sitting, umbrella didn't provide enough shade and there were flies. Manager was making the rounds speaking to returning customers but never stopped at our table. You can't make "return" customers if you don't speak to the new people. I don't understand why managers don't understand that! I think the waitstaff was overbooked with tables but not sure I would give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Lodi restaurnatBayAreaFoodieDined on 5/17/2014We always dine here when we are in Lodi. Nice selection on the menu. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.