683 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pietrasantany.com/
- Phone: 2122659471
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wedensday, Thursday, Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm. Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm; Brunch: Wednesday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ciro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering, take-out and delivery are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for private party details.
- Private Party Contact: Richard 2122659471
A word from Pietrasanta
Pietrasanta is a rustic and homey Italian restaurant on 9th Avenue in the heart of Time Square and the Theater District. We have been standard on 9th Avenue for over 20 years offering delicious home-made pastas, meat, chicken, fish, fresh breads and desserts. This is the perfect spot to dine before or even after going to the theater.We offer $10 discount if the check is $50 or more and $20 discount if the check is $100 or more.We also promise a very good quality dinner and if you will not feel happy with your dinner, whatever the reason is, we promise to comp your dinner!!.see you and enjoy your time:))Continued
Come and try our brunch special on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Come and try our brunch special on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pietrasanta reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Reliable Hell's Kitchen ChoicePhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014The staff really works at making you feel that you are welcome and important to them. Food is good solid traditional Italian fare. Good value. Was there at 9:00 on a Sunday night. Nice to see some people around. If you want to dine on the latish side you won't be alone in the dining room. Outdoor tables in good weather.Special Features:
- Great 9th Ave find!PlanofoodieDined on 8/19/2014The pasta was homemade. I ordered a Farfalle past dish with smoked salmom, asparagus tips mushrooms and radicchio in a light creamy sauce. It was very good - especially the sauce. It didnt drown my dish. Only complaint, the dish was more pasta than the other ingredients. It was pricey for what it was. The service was outstanding and the resaurant was in a great location for the theatre I was going too. Would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- PietrasantamfcfoodloverDined on 8/10/2014Met friends we haven't seen in several years for lunch. The menu offered both breakfast and lunch items for a special price that included a glass of wine. The pasta was good; everyone else ordered egg dishes. It was not crowded, so we were able to sit for several hours catching up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and charming restaurantNYwildcritterVIPDined on 8/7/2014Though the menu items are limited, the food is great and service is fantastic. Always willing to acomodate big crowds and specific dish requests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Went for a pre-show dinner and they were very accommodating to make sure we made it to the show on time. Food was delicious and wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelievemeVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is our go-to Italian spot when in the area. They are always cordial and efficient - no long waits for various courses to come out. They are totally used to pre-theatre rush and handle it all so well. The food is YUM! *Note: although they have outdoor dining available, I don't recommend eating near so much traffic.Special Features:
- Always a good spot before theaterLoveParkLadyVIPDined on 7/18/2014As always, the food was very good and fresh from start to finish, although the bianca salad's stringy pieces were hard to eat without choking a little. The server kept standing sideways in between our table and the one next to it to take the other party's orders, with his rear end almost in my face and food a few times, but other than that, service was really good. As the restaurant filled up, it got so noisy that we couldn't hold a conversation, but that's typical of NYC restaurants in the theater district. This is a good Italian restaurant to go to about 2 hours pre-theater, and even though the place eventually was packed, no one rushed us through our meal. My adult son loved the place.Special Features:
- Always happy hereMargaretDined on 7/3/2014I almost always have dinner here when attending a Bway show. I am always happy and pleased with the quality of the food, the good service and the good prices. Will be back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday dinner after matineevegandinerDined on 6/29/2014i've dined here a few times and was always pleased. this time i was with my two daughters. i had sauteed artichokes (delicious) and risotto with mushrooms and asparagus. my daughters shared a salad and two different fish entrees also very good. we arrived at 5:00pm but it soon got crowded. i use a wheelchair and there's a small step at the entrance so a waiter and the owner lifted the chair up the step. it's my go to spot whenever i'm nearby.Special Features:
- Ok but would not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014We went here before the theatre and we were in a bit of a rush . The hostess seated us promptly and the service was swift and good. We both had the rigatoni bolgnese which was just okay. The sauce was a bit tasteless and the pasta was supposed to be fresh but I could not tell that. It was al dente which was good. All in all I wouldn't return.
- Not for couplestravelsalotDined on 6/27/2014Food was good but not great. That's the nicest thing I can say about this restaurant. Arrived at 7:00 for our reservation. Place was less than half full. A nice table inside but opening to the patio was empty but hostess wouldn't let us have it because it was set for 4. Instead we were seated at a line up of tables against the wall that were so close together it was like sharing a table with the people on both sides of us. It was 10 minutes before a waiter came to take our drink order. Then another 10 minutes to actually get the drinks. Did I mention the place was less than half full? Had to keep flagging a waiter down when we wanted something. Went to Azalea the next night and had fabulous food & service. Go there instead of here.
- Good pre-theater optionJoanVIPDined on 6/24/2014Well prepared dinner, earnest if somewhat confused service. We got to the theater on time.Special Features:
- Close to Times SquareNYTouristsDined on 6/20/2014We don't normally venture far from Times Square when visiting NY, but this place was close. Glad we made the trek! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and LocationdmartinVIPDined on 6/16/2014My family and I had dinner on 6/16 and had a wonderful night. All of our dishes (piccatta, chk parm, and bolognese pasta) were fresh and perfect. Saw other dishes in the restaurant that looked fantastic as well. Restaurant is on the corner and open on two sides which we really enjoyed because the weather was perfect. Would definitely recommend to pre-theatre diners or anyone looking for great food at a reasonable price. We will be back on our next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed the clams in broth appetizer and fried calamari with tomato sauce. Black and green pasta dishes both very good. Good location near theater - would return if in area.
- Consistently GoodMargaretDined on 6/10/2014Been here many times and am never disappointed. The food is always good and the service excellent. I think it the best spot for pre-dinner dining as a bit away from the crowds but not too far to walk to the theatre. Our food was served promptly but when we indicated that we were happy to sit for awhile, we were left undisturbed to savor the rest of our wine and not rushed out the door. Many good choices of pasta and a well-priced "prixe fixe" as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/10/2014The best meal at an Italian restaurant ever!! I would definitely return when in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2014Very pleasant pre-theater meal. Very good food at moderate prices. "Special selection" wine was a value. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 6/1/2014Priced right for a neighborhood eatery. Nicely located with worthwhile price fixed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DiningsuledoDined on 5/31/2014Very good italian on 9th Avenue in NYC so good for pre-theatre. Service is efficient but the room is a bit crowded and noisy...especially is they have the front wall opened to the outside. I would not go with more than four people as it is small. Food was quite good and fresh!Special Features:
- DaveDined on 5/27/2014We ate delicious pasta after a play. The service is attentive and prices are affordable,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!amasnycDined on 5/26/2014The waitress was very helpful and her suggestions were very helpful. The seafood with risotto was excellent and the crab cakes were very good. We sat outside and enjoyed the evening breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeVIPDined on 5/20/2014Restaurant is convenient to theaters and has a varied menu to suit all tastesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findtravelndineDined on 5/18/2014I was on recent trip to NYC and wanted to find a nice Italian restaurant that was fairly close to my hotel but not in the "thick" of it all and came across this place on this site. The food was fantastic, the gnocchi just melted in your mouth. Wine selections were also good. Wasn't a huge fan of the desserts but that was just my preference. Great service and a fantastic overall experience.Special Features:
- Fresh PastaJoannmVIPDined on 5/10/2014I love Pietrasanta, have been going there for at least 15 years and visit at least once during my trips to NYC. The pasta is fresh and very good. I have also tried the Saltimboca in the past and liked it as well. They have one of my favorite "budget" sparkling wines - Marquis de la Tour bottle or glass. They are always quick and you can make your theater plans. Casual dress and very "cozy" place. If you reserve try to get the table by a window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBdimoVIPDined on 5/8/2014Awesome restaurant. Good food - very authentic - great location. Perfect for pre or post theater!!! Definitely would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Come BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our post-matinee dining experience. We had a lovely window table and the spinach fettuccine dish with eggplant was delicious. The prix fixe dinner with asparagus soup, pan roasted salmon and panna cotta for dessert was scrumptious. Homemade bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping was a treat. Staff was wonderful. A good raspberry cosmo. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 333 reviews are from the Pietrasanta reviews archive.
- Great RestaurantBobbielynnDined on 4/27/2014We visited this restaurant after a Broadway Play and had a wonderful experience. The waitstaff was most attentive and informative regarding our questions about the menu and the food was delicious. This is a small neighborhood establishment away from the hustle bustle and very pleasant, we are looking forward to going back when we visit NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tennisbabeDined on 4/27/2014been here many times, always enjoy the brunch before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater experienceJanredVIPDined on 4/26/2014Went for lunch before a Saturday matinee. It was a little chilly to sit outside, but I will return to do just that when the weather is warmer. This is a nice little cafe - neighborhood gem. We had a delightful lunch. I had the chicken caesar with crisp fresh greens and chicken which was wonderfully seasoned - not just the usual grilled chicken. Our waitress was very attentive. We were just a few blocks from the theater, which made it very convenient. I will return.Special Features:
- Seen in a Montreal newspaperTibojDined on 4/18/2014We were in New York with two kids and read about this restaurant in a newspaper. We reserved and walked there after going to the Natural History museum (it is a long walk with kids however) We had a table outside on a beautiful saturday afternoon. The kids loved the food and friendly ambiance. I had a dish from the brunch menu and indeed, it is excellent mexican food. Excellent quality/price ratio and it is good to get away from the crowd for a couple of hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly SimpleSullyDined on 4/18/2014If you're going to a show, this is a great restaurant for grab a good bite beforehand. Great options, good food, good service. CSSpecial Features:
- Perfect pre-theater mealBobbyDined on 4/17/2014We had dinner for two (mother plus teenager) before a show, and it was perfect. Black fettucine with shrimp for the teen; green linguine with vegetables for the mom. The pasta was fresh, the food came out piping hot, and everything was very tasty. This is not the place to linger over a relaxed meal, but it is just the ticket for a quick and delicious pre-theater dinner. Great service, too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food was good and affordable. Many locals eat there and that's always a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre GemPatBDined on 4/12/2014Great meal before the 8PM Saturday Broadway show. Was served quickly and the food was very good. It was crowded and since the restaurant is small, it was loud. It was a beautiful day, so they had the doors open, which added to the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014After going to a nice show on Broadway we wanted dinner afterward. Pietrasanta did not disappoint. The salads and fresh mozzarella for appetizers were fantastic, the homemade pasta delicious, and the pork was so tender it literally fell off the bone. My only regret is not saving enough space to try dessert, but the pasta was so good we couldn't leave any on the plate for later. The staff was attentive without being obtrusive, and quick with everything. An excellent restaurant, and great for a nice night out on Broadway.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only negative commentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2014The only negative comment I have is that we had a 5:30 reservation and when we arrived there were two people siting at a table for four so we requested the same. The Host said that only if you got there before 5pm. About a half hour later he seated 2 people at a table for four. I certainly felt very insulted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre or post theater meallaurenm3923Dined on 3/29/2014We tried Pietrasanta after catching a matinee. The food was excellent, prices reasonable and staff attentive and friendly. A bit small on the inside and best suited for couples or small groups. We will definitely be returning the next time we go to the theater!Special Features:
- An Unbelievably Great Find!TneckMOMVIPDined on 3/28/2014My friends and I lucked out in discovering tis marvelous restaurant in the heart of the theatre district last Friday night! We had a nice table by the window, the wine was delicious and not overpriced -- but the food! All of their pastas were fresh and homemade, and they were so good! My friend had the black pasta dish with shrimp, another had the spinach pasta and my cappellini primavera was just about the best ever hadm with tons of fresh sauteed veggies and I asked for a pink sauce instead of garlic and olive oil, which was delicious. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Welcomes new and returning guestsEllgirlDined on 3/27/2014Always enjoy the food, service, and moderate prices. Service oriented even on busy pre theater nights. Good and reasonably priced wines. Food comes to the table freshly cooked and hot. Small so reservations good but accommodates if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.