Pierre Loti Midtown
300 1/2 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Pierre Loti Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pierrelotiwinebar.com/
- Phone: 2127555684
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11: 00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Habib Kargin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Orhan Cakir 6462833486
- Entertainment: In order to keep a dynamic wine selection, Pierre Loti Midtown updates our wine list every two or three weeks. Before the new wines make their place on our wine list, we would like to get your opinion. Come in every Monday between 5pm-8pm, sample our premiering wines for free and let us know what you think! Simply register on our website and bring in proof of registration (valid for two people).
A word from Pierre Loti Midtown
Each Pierre Loti location has its own unique food menu, however they all share the same wine friendly food made from only the freshest ingredients. Our Mediterranean inspired menus include ingredients handpicked from local producers and farmers markets every morning. Small plates, like tartares and various seasonal salads, are available year-round along with a more substantial menu that changes with the seasons. In addition, all the Pierre Lotis have a varied and extensive cheese and charcuterie list with selections from around the world that can be tailored into a cheese plate to compliment the wine selection. We offer a selection of assorted chocolates and truffles which can also tasted and paired with wines and champagnes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pierre Loti Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- CozySelena1987Dined on 9/5/2014Great ambiance, drinks, and decor. It was relaxed and romantic. Perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Pierre Loti Midtown reviews archive.
- Afterwork DrinksTravelhuiDined on 5/21/2014Met a visiting friend for drinks. The high tables by the open windows are nice, and the couple of tapas items we ordered were quite good. Service is so so.Special Features:
- no energyconversationalistVIPDined on 4/24/2014I took a colleague from out of town. When I got there at noon, they had not opened up yet (but soon did). The flavour of the food was lackluster for Turkey, the service was slow and not with the panache you often find in Turkish restaurants. My colleague would not finish her meal - even after they cooked the burger a little longer than raw on the inside - it was just all so banal, and without taste. A shame - this colleague is scared of trying new things, and I doubt she will ever try Turkish again.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The food was delicious, service excellent, well worth trying something different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown noteworthy.MikesDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I had dinner here on a Saturday evening. The service was fantastic. They didn't offer decaf coffee but ran next door to get a Turkish decaf coffee for us. The food was really good. The wine selection was nice. It was moderately priced. We were very happy with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good1812popoDined on 4/3/2014Small tables. Poor decoration. The octoputus was like a gum. The bread wad very cold. The wines were warm. A place to forget. All the foods are just warm up, they have that pre-cooked
- Loved the LotiLacasaturnerDined on 4/1/2014Found it easy, and was treated to a fabulous dinner--with great hosts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite winebarMadhuDined on 2/28/2014I always have a wondeful time at Pierre Loti. Such a great, mellow atmosphere, fantastic wine, and surprisingly amazing branzino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Experience All AroundjosephjDined on 1/25/2014My wife and I were looking for a place to meet our friends for dinner. I searched for "Midtown East" on Yelp and discovered Pierre Loti. The reviews met our criteria of a casual neighborhood place and I felt that the description of this being a "Mediterranean/Tapas/Wine Bar" was perfect. The place is small. Since we were early on a Saturday evening it was mostly empty and quiet. The food fit the bill of being sharable small plates. All that we sampled were carefully prepared and very good. The highlight however was the personal service by the owner. He oversaw everything and personally delivered dishes to us making sure we were satisfied. I have no problem recommending this to anyone looking for this type of restaurantSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinner, delightful ownersDonnaVIPDined on 12/28/2013We truly enjoyed our food at Pierre Loti Midtown--short ribs and grilled vegetables were standouts! And we enjoyed the couple who own the restaurant--they obviously love their work and their customers! Highly recommend this lovely spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was invested in2woodDined on 12/20/2013Wait staff was invested in our experience, knowledgeable, and charming. Our food arrived timely and was very well prepared. My only regret was not ordering the Lamb Chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good date placedrszDined on 12/17/2013Very good date place. The service is excellent. My date wanted cappuccino but they didn't have any. so they went next door and got some. Food is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightEssenZieDined on 12/13/2013Everything we had, except for the lentil soup, was tasty and proportioned well. Service was friendly and not over-bearing, and we didn't feel like we were being "processed" to eat and get out. It was just the right place to be after a long day of travelling to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2013This place was quiet on a Monday night, and had an attentive staff, decent food and reasonable prices. The upstairs was more comfortable to sit in. Downstairs they only had bar stools. The lamb chops were perfectly cooked. Both salads, beet and mixed greens, were good. Strangely, they do not have coffee or tea. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Rest in the east sideTeresaDined on 11/19/2013This is my second time in this Rest. and I liked it again. Food is good and prices are reasonable. Wine selections from Turkey are good. My only suggestion is that they should keep the wines in a cellar and not at ambient temperature. The red wine we selected was good; however, it could have been better with the right temperature (~68 F). I recommend this place and definitely will return next time I am in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not hot at allcommuterjjbDined on 11/11/2013Up creaky stairs to a second floor small non descript dining room where you trip over the runner at the top step - get greeted by two young guys who dont seem to care all that much and after you ask for a cup of tea on a cold night get told "we serve nothing hot". That goes for the food as well.
- mid town findtravels2tasteDined on 11/8/2013The thing that made this place a cut above was the attentiveness and warmth of the staff. Although we had never dined here before we were treated like old friends. Food was good, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, innovative food.Food4thesoulDined on 11/8/2013Excellent, innovative food. Terrific, friendly service. Warm, cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but we will be backogerkanDined on 11/5/2013Walked by a number of times and noticed it was always full. Made a reservation and sat on the second floor. Great staff. Lots of small and large plates to choose from. Everything was delicious. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, cheap pricesTeresaDined on 10/28/2013Nice place to come with friends or relatives to enjoy small dishes of Turkish tapas along with good wine. The food was very good and the prices were very reasonable. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!GeorgeDined on 10/12/2013What a great little "wine bar" that turned out to be so much more! Turkish tapas...really..who does that? Apparently this place does and they do it exceptionally well! Excellent choice of cheeses and meats you can mix and match, the lamb chops are amazing, and the roasted veggies with Turkish herbs amazing! Whatever you do, leave room for dessert because they are amazing too. The restaurant is small and intimate and fantastic service. We'll be back on our next business trip to New York!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The small tapa plates andwskiDined on 10/12/2013The small tapa plates and variety of food options was very appealing. In addition the prices were lower than expected for a Midtown East restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pierre Loti in NYJessDined on 10/4/2013The tarama comes out of a box, the mix of cheeses is eclectic, and the place is rather dim-lit. Maybe this was the interpretation of Pierre Loti's travels in the Middle East?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & affordable in Mid TownNappaDined on 10/4/2013Went on a Friday night after work. The downstairs seating area was busy so chose to sit upstairs and glad we did. Very comfortable guys there were knowledgable about their food and wine pairings. It is a great place for a date, sophisticated without being snobby. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food in neighborhood spot.RobynfranceDined on 10/3/2013We enjoyed a birthday dinner upstairs at Pierre Loti--we reserved and mentioned it was my husband's birthday. The owner was very attentive and thoughtful--lamb chops were delicious and well presented--husband's short ribs tender and tasty--we had a cheese and sausage starter and shared a salad. They provided a complimentary dessert and sang happy birthday--very fun and we enjoyed the whole evening. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Tucked away in east midtownRobbieDDined on 9/19/2013Small but cozy, the only real complaint I had was that the tables are slightly beveled, which means that you have a tendency to drop your fork. Very good charcuterie plate, good wine list, and simple. Not someplace I would stay too long, but as a meeting spot or a quick trip for a warmup before going on to something bigger, it's just fine.
- The food was decent. I orderedAnonymousDined on 8/21/2013The food was decent. I ordered a glass of white sangria, tasted a little watered down but the fruit was very fresh and sweet. We ordered the Arugula and Beets salad (nothing amazing, but we wanted to start with something fresh), Truffle Deviled Eggs (no complaints), Zucchini Pancakes (a bit mushy and bland), and Garlic Shrimp to start (special of the day, shrimps were either over cooked or frozen because they were really dry and stringy). The Grilled Branzino had good texture but lacked in flavor. The service here is great though, my water was filled promptly throughout the entire meal. The restaurant is fairly small so whenever we needed anything, it was really easy to get a server's attention.
- Pierre Loti gave us serviceMariaVIPDined on 8/17/2013Pierre Loti gave us service that we havn't had in a long time. We are foodies but most of the items were new to us. The food was unique and this was refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pierre Loti is fantastic!MadhuDined on 8/2/2013This place is an oasis for amazing wine selections, awesome food (the branzino can rival any restaurant), friendly staff, and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJasonDined on 7/20/2013Great service and excellent food. Very decent prices for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for diverse groupDiverseFoodiesDined on 7/20/2013We came at 7pm and the place was mostly empty. Thus, we got a prime table upstairs by the windows and were able to hear each other in conversation. The lace filled up quickly, but service continued to be attentive. The waiter was troubled when we didn't finish the calamari. He asked several times if we were unhappy. The cheese platter was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemJD102042VIPDined on 7/13/2013A nice wine bar and tapas selection. The food was good, service good, prices reasonable. Outdoor seating. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013However, the night we were there, it was very hot and steamy out. As we drank our delicious Sangria, we sat upstairs and we were getting hotter and hotter. It eventually rained and everyone outside had to come inside. We were near the open windows, which on a nicer night would have been ideal, but on a night like that, we wondered if the restaurant is even air conditioned. If it is, they did not turn it on. Having said all that, I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, great food,kterr425Dined on 6/22/2013Wonderful service, great food, good price, can't go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience at Peirre LotiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2013Our experience at Peirre Loti was great. Food was delicious and wait staff was very attentive. In out reservation, we requested our table to upstairs by the window, upon arrival everything was perfectly ready for us! Which was a great plus! We would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemFoodieNYCDined on 5/23/2013A lovely wine bar with salads, cold and hot tapas on offer. The jumbo sea scallops, lamb chops, grilled calamari and pan seared salmon were all delicious and the portions were larger than the usual tapas serving. A clear favorite was the grilled octopus salad. The wine selection was good and the ambience just right for the evening. Complimentary desserts were a wonderful surprise and were absolute delights. The service was excellent and friendly and this is a place worth coming back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very slow,MetzaDined on 5/17/2013The service was very slow, because they were very busy. The food wasn't as good as the first time - my salmon dish was very greasy (way too much oil on my veggies) and not seasoned at all. I would still go back because I feel it was really good the first time I ate there. Maybe it was an off nite?Special Features:
- Imaginative tapas beyond SpanishDanAgudoDined on 5/16/2013We enjoyed the different tapas and very nice and knowledgeable service, especially the octopus and bronzini and coffee flavored creme brulee. We sat upstairs--no elevator--to avoid the very noisy downstairs/outside. This is a casual neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantasticfusethisDined on 5/11/2013Was looking for a tapas/wine bar combo and hit the jackpot with Pierre Loti. Small, great ambience, felt like we stumbled upon the greatest secret in Midtown East. I wish I lived in NYC to become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas TipProfSVIPDined on 4/26/2013Good variety and quality Tapas @ good prices. Some dishes using to much oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.