Pierre Loti Chelsea
258 West 15th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Pierre Loti Chelsea
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pierrelotiwinebar.com/chelsea/index.html
- Phone: 2126455684
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi private room for 20 people. Also, the restaurant can be divided for 30 or 45 people.
- Entertainment: Sunday and Tuesday Live Jazz
A word from Pierre Loti Chelsea
Pierre Loti's Chelsea location is outfitted much like its Irving Place sister spot, with a vaguely Turkish vibe and quaint outdoor seating in front. The long space has minimal decoration, with the exception of two star-shaped mirrors adorning the walls, and one long cushion with tables lined in front. The menu is studded with wine-friendly bites and cheeses, but there are also eclectic options like stuffed sardines and bulgur patties . There's a servicable entrée list which includes a tasty pan-seared jumbo sea scallops with sauteed asparagus. The winelist offers about 70 bottles, 20 of which are also available by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pierre Loti Chelsea reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)romantic (13)notable wine list (8)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Friendly but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/20145pm reservation on a Saturday with no one else in the place but food came out terribly slow. Some dishes tasted great, some were just okay. Everyone was friendly and they gave us dessert free to try and compensate for slow kitchen.
- Chelsea Gem for Neighbors in 'hood!WinerDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is the ultimate restaurant for me and my husband. It is both kid-friendly and romantic with a shockingly superior wine-list for real oenophiles. The wine list includes Turkish varietals and the best garnacha (available by the glass) we have seen in more than ten years of New York dining. While the menu changes occasionally, the classics (zucchini pancakes) always stay while new and exciting dishes are added, tapas-style. The staff here amaze us; they know our favorite dishes and are so receptive when we bring our daughter with us. Marina and the members of the Pierre Loti team make this a place we want to come back to for food, wine, ambiance and them! The location just-off 8th Avenue keeps it busy, but not slammed = great for dates.Special Features:
- Delicious and DelightfulBestAuntDined on 8/21/2014This was a find for sure! There were 3 in our party and we made an evening out of the tapas which were all excellent. We all like different wines so asked the bartender to select for us. After a few samples we each had wines we loved. The manager stopped by to make sure everything was good. Definitely will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pierre Loti Chelsea 212-645-5684YouwillbegladyoudidDined on 8/20/2014What does one want in a neighborhood restaurant/bar? A welcoming staff, nice looking crowd, good food, and tasty drinks (with an ample pour), all at modest prices. PL- a boutique wine & bev bar/restaurant with a 'hidaway' feel, you can add: delicious Tapas and some fine music. Overall, a great place to feel 'at home', or to meet up with your sweetie. I was in for a birthday dinner. Personal service made it a fun night. (Music: Monday at 8-10p - violin, guitar & bass - sort of a 'gypsy/folk' sound. Tue 8-11p - a jazz trio/quartet that you would normally pay $20/hour to hear. But no charge for these good musicians; yet tipping is allowed.) If you're in Brooklyn, check out PL in Park Slope.Special Features:
- Excellent find!!!TRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 8/9/2014my friend and I came in for a drink and some apps and were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere - loved the old-NYC brick and Turkish vibe. Apps were fantastic and their house wine, from their own vineyard, wasn't half bad considering it is in Turkey! Great, friendly staff. Definitely would come back!
- Amazing tapas !roulia05Dined on 8/8/2014We were looking ofr that kind of place with my girlfriend, we enjoyed the tapas and the very good wines. Thanks for the service, that was awesome ! We'll come back ! A & M form Montreal, Qc, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute space; food variesRichVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is a cute, dark spot that's sort of romantic. You can make a good meal from a few tapas for a decent price. The food varies. Of our five dishes, three were fine but completely forgettable. The only standouts were the zucchini fritters and the octopus. Both were really excellent and worth going just to try. Choose carefully and ask your server for recommendations, and you'll enjoy great food. Service was acceptable but not great; we specifically asked them to space out the dishes, and they did the exact opposite, bringing out almost everything at once. We felt rushed throughout the meal, even thought the place was not near capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood place!DanHVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our 2nd visit to Pierre Loti in Chelsea. We like the location because it's so close to home. Service is attentive without being intrusive. We started with the cheese and charcuterie plate, as expected from a Mediterranean restaurant, the choices reflected the region...Idiazabal, Manchego, Tallegio, chorizo, and Serrano ham. The Swiss Gruyere seemed a bit incongruous...since it's not a choice you'd think of as being Mediterranean. The lebni with warm pita was terrific. We shared all our plates. The grilled octopus was excellent as was the filet mignon. Unfortunately the kitchen ran out of the bulgar patties that evening. There are several decent dessert choices...ours that night, the chocolate fondant cake was a bit dry.Special Features:
- dinner or 4nycdinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014Four adults shared 8 small plates and all were excellent. Service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yuminmytumDined on 6/14/2014Group of six Saturday night for sisters bachelorette party. Drinks were outstanding. Service was great and very nice. Scallops were perfectly cooked, our table enjoyed the hummus too. Already recommended Pierre Loti and would go back next time visiting NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & delicious foodLoshieVIPDined on 6/13/2014our waiter was attentive, friendly and accommodating - and the food was delicious - best zucchini pancakes, ever!Special Features:
- Not overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014I wasn't too impressed with the food at this restaurant. First, we had to wait what seemed like forever for the server to even take our drink orders. When the server finally did ask for our drink orders, we had waited to long that we ordered drinks, appetizers and all our meals. We ordered the zucchini pancake since it had been recommended by other reviewers. I definitely did not think this pancake was worth ordering. The pancake was too soft and squishy, I was expecting a more crisp outside and soft center. The best thing about the dish was the yogurt they put on top of the pancake. I ordered the branzino, which I would not recommend, as the fish itself was not very high quality. The food did come out fast though!
- The following 111 reviews are from the Pierre Loti Chelsea reviews archive.
- Pierret Loti ChelseaJamesVIPDined on 5/9/2014Absolutely wonderful! Very caring service from Mustafa, along with a warm welcome from host "Ty." Very interesting cuisine at really attractive prices. This was our second visit, my husband and I look forward to more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little findfunkyfoodieDined on 5/9/2014found this place from open table & it was exactly what I was looking for to go out with a couple of girlfriends. we wanted good wine & tasty bites at reasonable prices. staff was very attentive. they didn't rush us at all & we were there for hours. very laid-back vibe. would definitely go back again. can't believe this place has been around for years & i've never heard of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJls634Dined on 5/3/2014My husband and I found this place on open table and it was a great find! The food was really wonderful (get the zucchini pancake!!) and the service was great. The only complaint was that it was very dark - although I may just be getting older. We would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Good Turkish FoodNickVIPDined on 4/23/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Pierre Loti several times now. Each time I have enjoyed the somewhat westernized Turkish cuisine, the lively atmosphere and the personable wait staff. I consider this to be a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!coloradomomDined on 4/21/2014We needed to find somewhere where we could eat relatively early to catch a 7pm show at The Joyce Theater and this place did the trick! Everything was fresh and delicious. The Galata cocktail was one of the BEST specialty drinks I have ever had. the Tuna Tartare appetizer was delicious!! Staff was attentive for the most part but left us alone to talk and linger over our food which we enjoyed. Would go back in a heartbeat. Yum!Special Features:
- Dinner at Pierre Loti, ChelseaTrishDined on 3/27/2014Cute wine bar/bistro type place in Chelsea. Nice menu of small plates, starters and entrees. just an easy neighborhood place to meet a couple of friends - not suited to a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionBellaDonnaVIPDined on 3/25/2014I have been to this restaurant one other time and loved it. This time I brought 3 business associates for dinner and it was absolutely perfect! We got there at approximately 6:30 and it was pretty empty. By 7:30, we looked around and it was pretty packed... but that did not affect the service which was very friendly and attentive (but not overly so) from beginning to end. Don't miss the marinated, grilled octopus. It's the best I've ever had. Other notables were the scallops and filet mignon. One of my associates has a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating to her special requirements. The live jazz music is very good and not too loud - which just added to the ambiance of this quaint and lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisysharonVIPDined on 3/21/2014My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a Friday night. There was a wide selection of wines and we both enjoyed our choices. The free pitas were fresh and warm served with olives. I ordered the filet mignon and he got the shell steak. Both were adequate, especially for the price. The shell steak was sizable but not as tender as it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but pushyJurdDined on 2/28/2014Chose Pierre Loti for a FIRST DATE due to the huge number of great reviews that I saw online. The food was very good, the ambiance was perfect, the restaurant was 3/4 full with people enjoying themselves--laughing and having fun, and I was having a great date UNTIL the server became too attentive. Every 5 minutes he came back to refill water that hadn't been sipped and to ask if we needed anything after doing this, and I am not exaggerating, 10 times, he finally came back and dropped off the check. Now, if the place had been full, maybe I could see pushing us out. Had there been a LINE to get in, ok maybe, but we had been there for 2 hours, spent a fair amount of money, and then got the check dropped on us like we were squatters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedObserver5351Dined on 2/27/2014I was in town and did a quick google search for a place to grab dinner after an event. This place came up with 4.3 stars. Why, in manhattan, this place would be so highly rated is beyond me. It was so dark I could barely see, the wine was thin and lacking in flavor, the aged meats just looked and tasted like old meats that had been sitting in a refrigerator for too long. The tuna tartare was good, however, and the service was excellent. I just didn't like most of what they were bringing me. I would not go back.
- great neighborhood spotAlexVIPDined on 2/25/2014this wine bar has an interesting selection of European wines, with a few quirky Turkish bottles in keeping with the food options. the salads were fresh and well-dressed, the main courses were simple, yet satisfying, and the prices on both food and wine were more than fair. service was outstanding; our wine glasses were never left empty, the staff was attentive but not overly so, and the live jazz was a great addition to the casual, convivial atmosphere. the only issue was not being able to read the menu in the dim lighting, but that's a very minor complaint. we will certainly be back the next time we want to relax and take advantage of the great value that can be found in a neighborhood of overpriced options.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but noisy experienceDDDDVIPDined on 1/25/2014Enjoyed the many flavors the four of us tried. Nothing stood out so well that two days later, I'm remembering what I loved, although I do know that we had many terrific flavors. Its a very small space, and noise level was pretty high, especially for the bulk of the tables around the bar. Service was fine ... a few too many times we were looking for our waiter. They made some mistakes, but addressed them quickly and accurately.
- Very much enjoyed this cozy resto!MadisonDined on 1/16/2014Many delicious hot and cold "Tapa" style dishes. Very good! Excellent wine selection! Didn't try the main dishes but appetizers were all excellent. Very dim, cozy intimate setting. Very good service. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome birthday partycdraj81Dined on 1/11/2014I hosted a small soiree for my fiancees birthday party and the staff at Pierre Loti were amazing, taking care of all of my wishes, even the ones that I didn't know I had. Everyone had a great night and could not stop raving about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad setupdiner130104VIPDined on 1/4/2014A group of 5 of us went for cocktails, tapas, entrees, dessert, and coffee on Saturday night. The food was pretty good (not spectacular, but enjoyable). Took a long time for servers to come over during the meal, but when they did they were friendly. One busboy mistook my cocktail for a water glass, and poured water from his pitcher atop my scotch. The manager immediately corrected the problem with getting me a new drink promptly. The real problem is the setup of the restaurant. The tables are very close to the bar, and every time someone walked by (staff, other diners, people going to the bar), we would get knocked into. This was very uncomfortable and distracting, and this alone is a good reason not to eat here.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We had a big reservation for new years and Pierre Loti was so accommodating and the staff were so great! We would definitely come back!
- Best Turkish food, awful serviceMuhsinBeyDined on 12/31/2013Probably one of the best Turkish food you can find in the US but the service is really awful.Special Features:
- great food and serviceInnovativeEduDined on 12/28/2013Nice atmosphere that was conducive to conversation. The food was fantastic. Recommendations include the grilled octopus and the beef dumplings. Make sure you check out their signature cocktails. All in all the food was flavorful, service was great, and the drinks were delicious. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's very dark. Half of myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013It's very dark. Half of my party loved it, half did not. Lighting is provided, which is helpful, and I suppose for romantic encounters it is appropriate. Will try again when we can eat outside and the sun hasn't set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodLilyTDined on 12/20/2013We had and amazing time at this neighborhood gem. The service was amazing for a large party, yummy food (highly recommend zucchini pancakes and bulgar patties), extensive wine list and reasonably prized. Staff are helpful and unpretentious, and even let us have our table as guests trickled in (a rarity in NYC). Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not good.CMM007VIPDined on 12/19/2013The food was honestly very impressive. I will not return here.
- DisappointingNeighborDined on 12/6/2013We had a lovely vacation across Turkey this summer and wherever we dined the food was very fresh and excellent. So, we were looking forward to reliving some memories when we booked Pierre Loti. What a disappointment. Every dish we had from appetizers to entrees were bland and boring, and did not taste fresh at all. The side of french fries were soggy and greasy and seemed as if they had been cooked hours beforehand and warmed over. The room was so dark we could not read the menus. On the bright side, the service was friendly and efficient. The Turkish wine we ordered was excellent. This would be a nice place for a glass or bottle of wine, but not much more.
- Appetizer heavenParticularVIPDined on 11/27/2013The main dishes are great (lamb chops and veal saussage for example), but the mezes (appetizers or small plates) are the best. In true Turkish tradition , each as a distinct flavor. The esme (finely chopped tomatoes and spices) on warm pita bread is superb. Also, the zuchinni pancakes, the bulgar fritter, the grilled hellem cheese salad and the grilled octopus all provided a wonderful taste treat before the ample main courses. Plan to share.Special Features:
- A Turkish delightParticularVIPDined on 11/14/2013As one who regularly travels to Turkey, it is pleasure to find a restaurant that serves authentic contemporary and traditiona Turksih food in a fun atmosphere. The grilled octopus (with potatos and carots) was tender and flavored as in Turkey. The grilled hellem cheese salad had the correct lighy but flavorable dressing. The lamb chops and the veal sussage were each a delight to the palate and just the right sized portion. Even the sour cherry cheesecake was authentic. There is a full service batr, but it was a wonderful to have a choice of both pilsner and dark Efes beer (the Turkish national beer). Although full, the service was attentive and friendly. A great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013Nice ambiance and good food, portions are on the smaller side but well priced. Actually just right so you don't over eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeting up with an old friendfoodiegirlDined on 11/14/2013While this was not a romantic date I could see how this place lends itself to such an occasion. I had the Pierre burger which was good and my friend had the salmon also good. The waiters left us alone, but were always available. Going to go back on a date for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!DanHVIPDined on 11/1/2013This is a terrific neighborhood place that's really cozy with terrific food. We ordered numerous small plates. The ezme, bulgur patties and octopus salad were delicious. The filet mignon was very tasty; we were allowed to sub the mashed potatoes for side-cut fries. There's an extensive wine list as well. Would definitely recommend this place. Only downside is that the lighting is very low...reading the menu can be a challenge. Great place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Nice Dining ExperienceemruuDined on 10/29/2013Food is consistently good and staff is very attentive. Nice vibe and low noise level. Great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.