1822 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pierpointrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4106752080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nancy Longo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Pierpoint is available for catering of events off and on premise. We are a full service caterer and are able to offer lots of options on, linens, flowers, china, silver, glassware in contemporary, ultra modern, as well as antique patterns.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for rental for weddings, birthdays, rehearsal dinners as well as other private events and holds 50 persons maximum comfortably. We are well versed in lots of different cusines and are able to tailor a menu to your tastes. a minimum guarantee would be 25 persons or a set fee. please feel free to call for that figure as it varies on different days of the week.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy 4106752080
- Entertainment: During the fall season Mondays we are open for cooking classes. Please see our website for a list of dates and times.
- Special Events: we are available for special events , as well as sometimes offer events at the restaurant so check our website often for any posted events
A word from Pierpoint Restaurant
Welcome... In 1989 Pierpoint opened to immediate rave reviews with local reviewers, as well as national reviews from magazines- Zagat, Womans Day, Conde Naste Traveller, Apple Guide, Fodors, New York Times, Chicago Times, and the subject of others. Pierpoint opened with the concept of serving Modern Maryland cusine, at a time when the local cusine restaurants were dwindling, and Chef Nancy Longo wanted to offer a modern more healthy approach to Maryland cusine, as well as create new Maryland classics- such as her Smoked Maryland crab cake now known and shipped Globally. Now into our 21st year, Pierpoint offers unique catering, childrens cooking classes as well as adult classes. And as usual, we are continuing to create NEW classics in Maryland cusine for all to enjoy. So come make the trip to Fells Point, take advantage of our free parking and enjoy our creative specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pierpoint Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (6)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great place - highly recommendFellspointfoolsDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner here on a Friday night and thought the food and service were great. Unfortunately, we were the only people at the restaurant. Not sure why people don't flock to this place. The food is much better than most fells point restaurants. If you want a quiet place with excellent food, try it out. The crab cakes are the best I've had ever!Special Features:
- always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Love Pierpoint...Chef Nancy and her staff are so friendly and welcoming. Food is delicious. Relaxing evening out with my visiting sister..Special Features:
- Great tucked away restaurantTLGTDined on 8/5/2014My friend and I had never been to Pierpoint so we were completely surprised by its quaint style. It is definitely a neighborhood gem, situated between row homes and not resembling your typical store front. The food and service were impeccable, namely the smoked crab cakes. Parking isn't easy because of its neighborhood location but it was well worth the hunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsChanAZDined on 7/12/2014Pierpoint is one restaurant we always think of when we want to impress visitors. Our recent evening with friends from Annapolis was a typical success. The wine list is not extensive but there are several good choices. My cioppino and the fish specials ordered by others were outstanding. Also, desserts were irresistible. Finally, service was professional and attentive - altogether a most pleasant evening.Special Features:
- a pleasant surprisemrshoemakerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had a coupon from the sun paper.We were trying to go here for a long time but just could not get there.It was a wonderful experience .The owner and chef,Nancy Longo was a very friendly person who answered all our questions.The wait staff was very friendly .The food was cooked to order--It was one of the most delicious meals I had ever had.The desert which was made in house was incredable and superb.Cant wait to return I had the Maryland Cioppino and my wife had the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Didn't get what we orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014My husband went to this spot because we have heard good things. I do want to say that the food that we got was good, but we did not get all of the food that we ordered. We both wanted to start off with the soup special, so we ordered it, waited for it, even got excited for it...and it never came. When our main course came (our only course) my meal, Maryland Cioppino which as described in the menu as rockfish , clams, shrimp, diver scallop, saffron tomato clam broth and foccocia crouton and the main reason i ordered it was to dip the foccocia crouton in the broth. There were no croutons on my plate and when i asked for the bread the waitress brought me soft bread that got soggy and broke apart in the broth.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Pierpoint Restaurant reviews archive.
- Past its gloryJamesVIPDined on 5/24/2014We took a chance on this place knowing its mixed review history. This place has a bit of the air of a local Baltimore neighborhood pub but has a menu that is more fit for well funded hipster foodies. it's easy to manage how that alone could be a turnoff for some. Unfortunately, the latter half of our meal went from this place being a little oddly funky to just a disappointment. First, the crab cake which is the specialty of the house was served to us with the inside refrigerator cold. For a $30 crab cake this is simply unacceptable and only more so when all they offered was a verbal apology for this offense. Way too expensive for a dumpy neighborhood gem with hit or miss creative menu.Special Features:
- Another great mealBostonJimDined on 5/7/2014This time five of us descended upon the restaurant, two from the US, two from Russia, and one from Germany. Rather than each of us ordering appetizers Nancy Longo (owner and head chef) offered us some special plates to share which included shrimp firecrackers, spring rolls with duck, lamb sausage, and smoked crab cakes. Four of us chose her extra special corn chowder made with Silver Queen corn smoked while still on the cob. Great entrees, I don't remember what everyone had but I had the corn batter-dipped fried oysters. For me the best way to finish the evening was their cheese plate and a glass of port. At the end of the meal Nancy came to the table and just chatted with us for a while. What a great way to spend an evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedBaltimartDined on 4/30/2014The moment we walked in and said we had made a reservation through Open Table the owner started complaining about how she has to pay $2.50 for every reservation. Then she ranted on about her email being hacked. Lady, we came for a nice quiet meal. Food was OK. Focacia was weird, steak on the salad was obviously left over. Wine was Way overpriced.
- Great service is about all.LoveToEatInBmoreDined on 4/18/2014Friends in from NYC wanted a taste of the Chesapeake. Of several restaurants recommended based on reviews from Baltimore Mag., Pierpoint was their selection. The Smoked Crab Cake entree entree was ordered as an appetizer as was clam chowder. Crab cakes were okay but not great. Clam chowder had too few clams and potatoes. Two had a fish dish and one had a pasta dish...okay but no raves. I had Shrimp & Grits. The base of grits sausage, etc. was good but the shrimp were tough (so tough and sinewy that it was hard to chew), over-cooked and had a frozen taste. I had one bite of one and was done. We like to visit smaller restaurants because they often have very good food. I'm very sorry that Pierpoint will not be in any of our future plans.
- Loved the crab cakesPauleyDined on 4/4/2014I came upon Pierpoint Restaurant while searching the internet for Baltimore's best crab cakes. I read about the smoked crab cakes and was not disappointed. Lightly smoked and not overbearing at all. My entrée had both a traditional broiled and a smoked crab cake. Both were delicious. Served with roasted Brussels sprouts and shoe string French fries. The others in my group had Halibut and a vegetarian dish. Both were very pleased with their meal. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a very nice meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2014had a very nice meal with outstanding service. it was a quiet Thursday night. The restaurant had a great local feel to it and the food was outstanding. a rather limited wine list was the only major drawback. A great place to go to get a little local B'more flair.Special Features:
- crafted with lovehdangel15VIPDined on 3/1/2014Nancy Longo has continued her tradition of FINE CUISINE cooked with LOVE!! She does not dissappoint, AMAZING FOOD!!! I brought a seafood lover in from out of town and he LOVED IT!!!Special Features:
- Mixed opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2014My entree was very good; quite enjoyable. However, my wife's was foul tasting in parts. The server tried to remedy this but with little success. The ingredients did not taste fresh. In our prior visits we have had very pleasant meals and hope that this is a rare incident.Special Features:
- Hidden in Plain SightJerryDined on 12/31/2013We've driven by Pierpoint for years and decided to try it for New Year's Eve dinner. What a great evening; food was wonderful, staff is friendly and it's a cozy little place to enjoy an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Quiet?EvilIncarnateVIPDined on 11/23/2013We made our last minute reservation here on a Saturday night, looking for seafood, and based on what was left on OpenTable. We entered and we were the only party in the dining room. A little disconcerting for a Saturday night @6 pm. Our waitress was adequate enough, and we never waited long for anything except our finishing Capuccinos. Food was plated wonderfully, but my fish entree came out tepid.Special Features:
- Nice experienceSMermVIPDined on 11/20/2013Had a wonderful meal with outstanding service and warm, personal interactions with Chef Longo. A delightful evening all-around.Special Features:
- Chef Nancy RocksJerryVIPDined on 11/8/2013Great food and a community treasure. I frequently travel to Baltimore for business and always include Pierpoint in my plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just one of those nightsKimbeeDined on 10/27/2013We were recently diners at Pierpoint Restaurant, which was our third time there. We have always enjoyed the outstanding menu, prepared perfectly. This time was no exception with the level of excellence of the food; however there were issues with service and timing. The staff had just completed a long weekend of off site catering , so understandably, the only server was exhausted and a bit off her game. The restaurant was not well stocked during Chef Nancy's absence, but she was very apologetic. My husband and I have both been in food service and know the toll it can take. We do not consider this a major hiccup and hope to return soon. By far, my favorite restaurant in B'more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Choicedantheman320Dined on 10/19/2013Went here early on a Saturday night for pre-theater dinner (place is nowhere near the theater and was thus all but empty), and all 4 of us were quite pleased with our dinners. Crabcakes were smoked, which is their unusual specialty, and our expert proclaimed them excellent. The sea bass I had was perfectly cooked, not overcooked like most restaurants. The chocolate dessert sampler had more winners than losers. The ambience here is a bit dingy and the kitchen is open, which means it will not be quiet even when empty. The temperature control was also tough with the open kitchen, and it was warm or cold depending on whether the front door was open.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMDonVDined on 10/19/2013My girlfriend's boss told her about Pierpont and how much she liked it. I was looking for a different dining experience to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday anyway, so we thought we'd take a chance. Don't blink or you'll miss it. It's located in a refurbished house in Fells Point and the sign wasn't particularly distinctive. They have a parking lot a block away and you also have to look hard to find it. These problems notwithstanding, the food was delicious. Their specialty, as it should be, are their smoked crab cakes. Normally I would say, don't fool around with Maryland Crab Cakes, because they're about as good as you can get no matter where you purchase them. These crab cakes were extra special. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Nancy Does it AgainFiddlegalDined on 10/16/2013Trying a new dish each time we dine there. This time, I had Moroccan Lamb Chops. What an excellent choice! The Lobster Bisque, was the best I have ever had, and I am a Maine gal! The Bread Pudding was delicious! Keep up the excellent cooking Chef Nancy! The waitress was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. Very good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- met expectationssnewlandsDined on 9/7/2013my husband went to college in Maryland, so he had high expectations for their crab cakes, which were the featured item. we made our reservations but got there a bit early. we were seated right away, and the staff was friendly and attentive. we tried both of the soups, which were excellent. we also shared a crab cake platter and tried both the regular and smoked variety. amazing!! the restaurant is known for their smoked crab cake, with good reason! you can get a good crab cake a lot of places in Maryland, but the smoked one at pierpoint is off the charts! not to say that their regular one doesn't stack up--it's also very delicious. we ended with the macadamia caramel torte-homemade in house. it was the perfect ending to and excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; unfortunatelypaulaVIPDined on 8/20/2013Great food; unfortunately I was given coffee with caffeine instead of decaf which I knew Since I was still wide awake at 3am .....Special Features:
- The Pierpoint has really goodHainestaDined on 8/13/2013The Pierpoint has really good food but they need to work on their appearance. The entrance is out of square like the bottom of the wall is tilting our or the top of the wall is tilting in. It is a little dark on the interior and the décor needs a little sprucing up. I was impressed with the food so do not let the appearance discourage you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but thechrisDined on 8/3/2013The food was good but the ambiance lacked and some of the food came out cold. The bread pudding was cold in the center, but the entrees warm good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worn down and worn out restaurant.ToriBrandVIPDined on 7/5/2013Worn down and worn out restaurant. Sloppy bar area which I had to look at. Tacky curtains, unironed separating the bar from seating area. The entrance is unappealing.
- The crab cakes were expectedZoomDined on 6/25/2013The crab cakes were expected to be out of this world and absolutely were. Service was so-so provided by typical Baltimore waitresses hon. I wondered why the smoke coming from kitchen didn't set off the smoke detectors. It just hung in the air....but I was forewarned about that issue. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier point reviewskasemeyDined on 6/22/2013Food was very good as was the service. The only thing that bothered me was it was smokie in the restaurant due to poor or no ventilation from cooking. I remember this from the last time I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad about the spaceJGSantaFeVIPDined on 6/7/2013Delicious food, wonderful service...but too bad about the place itself. There was the smell of burnt grease throughout our meal coming from the kitchen, which is located just off the dining area, a room that could badly use a makeover.
- Great food, but don't lookOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2013Great food, but don't look for an elegant dining experience. This is more like a diner with very good food prepared from fresh local ingredients, and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True "locals" place that welcomesGlobalTravelerVIPDined on 4/13/2013True "locals" place that welcomes all. Regulars are very welcoming. Sit at the bar and eat if you want to be part of the conversation. There is also free parking which is a big plus for the area.Special Features:
- A great Baltimore evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013A great Baltimore evening. Once seated we were charmed and well informed by our server. The food is quite a mix of tasty seafood and other dishes that were served with panache. Appetizers served in a box, desserts with chocolate forks and spoons and the famous smoked crab cakes did not disappoint. O's game on in the bar, funky decor and a friendly vibe all around. Our group would go again!Special Features:
- Incredible food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2013Incredible food and great service. Wait staff offered excellent suggestions for both food and wine.Special Features:
- Fantastic service. you reallyBryanVIPDined on 3/9/2013Fantastic service. you really feel they are preparing a great meal just for your party.Special Features:
- This restaurant is very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013This restaurant is very small with a view of the tiny kitchen from the dining area. On the wall are menus from well known defunct Baltimore restaurants which we found interesting. Our server was very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The menu had some unique offerings including their signature smoked crab cake. We ordered crispy fried oysters and duck spring rolls as appetizers, and the crab cakes and Moroccan lamb chopswhich were cooked perfectly to order as entrees. Overall, we were very happy with our experience at Pierpoint and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013The food and service were outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood - we especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/23/2013Delicious seafood - we especially loved the smoked crab cakes!Special Features:
- Sat night, with the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Sat night, with the restaurant only half full,we had to wait a full hour for our main course.
- Kitchen exhaust system needsicemanVIPDined on 2/16/2013Kitchen exhaust system needs attention. Food was good, but not very hot. The restaurant needs to be updated.