73722 El Paseo Drive, #1
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ppizzavino.com/
- Phone: 7605682525x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week 11:30am-11:00pm
HAPPY DAY (HOUR) ALL DAY LONG (Bar Only) from 11:30am-11:00pm
Lunch Daily 11:30am-3:00pm
Early Bird Daily 2:30pm-5:30pm
Dinner Daily 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Erick Rivera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call the Restaurant at 1(760) 568-2525
- Special Events: Call the Restaurant at 1(760) 568-2525
A word from Piero's Pizzavino
Four Key Ingredients for PizzaVino's true authentic Neapolitan Pizza--it's all about balance. The Oven, San Marzano tomatoes, Fior di Latte Mozzarella & Doppio Zero Flour. We are more than just pizza at Our Comfortable Home away from Home Restaurant. We offer Fresh Locally Grown, Organic Fruits & Vegetables, Fresh Seafood, Quality Cuts of Meat, Salads with our homemade dressings, as well as Desserts like Your Mom use to or still does make! We are OPEN LATER than Most!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Piero's Pizzavino - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Piero's Pizzavino reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (21)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- sooo not Napoletano!JudyDined on 10/17/2014The owner might be Napoletano, but he was no where in sight, and he sure was NOT cooking! I lived in Napoli for many years and was really hoping for a genuine taste - or two - of that beloved city's cuisine. We had a pizza capriciosa, carciofi romano, fiore di zucchini and a bottle of chianti classico. All classic Italian fare, but totally american-style execution. Pizza had too much gooey cheese, dry-ish tomato sauce, no splash of EVO, OK crust albeit it too crisp for my taste - I like it a bit soggy inthe middle, and NO mozzerella di buffala anywhere. Too bad - so sad! I had such high hopes from all the hoola presented about authentic ingredients, etc. Maybe bring in some Pizzaoli di Napoli to show 'em how it's done?!Special Features:
- ElizaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Absolutely fabulous as always. Some great new additions to the menu. One of our "go to" places. Love it!Special Features:
- Disappointing Night on El Paseo24dinnerVIPDined on 10/13/2014The street name implies quality, top of the line , best you can find . Not this night at Pierro's. Highly recommend arugula salad with mango,strawberries and the best citrus vinaigrette dressing you will find anywhere. Special of the night was 1/3 Egg Plant Parmigiano. Three slices of egg plant ,with only one slice having melted cheese on top. My BW had a veggie pizza with special red sauce prepared for her because of a food allergy. Tough time locating the red sauce . Pizza just so-so. I guess it was just a so-so night at Pierro's.Special Features:
- Never failsthewilsonmanDined on 10/11/2014Great food, great value, great service.what is not to love? These guys have got the formula. More power to them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margherita pizza is a hitConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 9/30/2014The ceasar salad is not too shabby either... with anchovies. Only thing better would be white achovies! Oh and the room at the back for group dinner or party.Special Features:
- Pizza Vinolilo42VIPDined on 9/23/2014Amazing Food! Very friendly greeters who remember you, if a regular customer! Superior waiter people & bussers! ingratiating owners who always take the time out to say hello! Not to mention they lend themselves to worthwhile fund raising events! One of our very favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!AZbrewcrewDined on 9/19/2014Great meal from grilled artichoke appetizer to the dense chocolate cake for dessert. Excellent wine menu & friendly staff, would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night!1BuonGustoBobVIPDined on 9/13/2014We go to Piero's Pizzavino often and it is always a great experience. This is the first time the food was just not up to usual. Everyone has a bad day and for all the good times we have had, one night will not stop us from returning. One of the 4 of us loved his meal, the other three were just really average, which is not the norm at this restaurant. The service and ambiance were excellent as usual. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and value...Janice949VIPDined on 9/2/2014...in a casual neighborhood gem! We arrived for a 5:30 early dinner, and were handed the Early Bird (which ends at 5:30) menu along with the regular menu - which had 3 of the 4 entrees on it that we were going to order anyway. Two of us had beautiful entrees, the shrimp scampi style main and the short ribs main, both delicious. One had the white pizza - and they all came with a salad or appetizer for roughly the same price as the entree item on the menu. Plus wine by the bottle was 50%, a huge bargain. Even at regular prices, this restaurant delivers in food quality and service...and for an early bird dinner, it's downright a steal. Highly recommended either way!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Great Food! I woud reccommend the grilled artichokes and vegetarian pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Fantastic pizza - very creative choices of toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great idea with so-so resultsStatsTeacherVIPDined on 8/16/2014We started with baby artichokes (canned) with goat cheese (fried chunks). We expected fresh chokes and some integration with the cheese, so this was disappointing. Followed with two pizzas. We had high hopes, given the high heat wood fire and 00 flour. The crust flavor was good, but the crusts were too thick (not crispy) and the toppings were way too heavy for the pizza (at least twice as much sauce as there should have been). We were seated on the porch, where they were running the AC (totally inadequate, sit inside); the space was so loud we couldn't hear each other. The highlight was dessert - good cannoli and creme brûlée. Overall, the food is just okay, though it's some of the better stuff we had in the area. Not a town for foodies
- Another great mealbeatriceDined on 8/1/2014Always delicious food and such a expansive and varied menu with friendly and fun waiters. Attentive service as seems to always be the case and really a consistently good experience. Took out of town guests for this visit and all were over the top impressed so may have to talk the owner into opening an Indianapolis location! Yum!Special Features:
- Fun finding new neighborhood spotsherylenVIPDined on 8/1/2014have seen this place many times as I drive down El Paseo but never tried it. After reading reviews, we tried it and it was delicious. They have fantastic wood-fired pizza plus we saw lots of other scrumptious looking dishes going to other tables...we will be going back. its very casual so quite a few kids...not for a romantic evening out but very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!UniqueFoodFanVIPDined on 7/27/2014It was mid afternoon Sunday, and I missed lunch. I checked Open Table, and found Piero's!! The menu sounded yummy, so I headed over. Got a window table in the bar and was greeted warmly by the hostess. I ordered a cherry-orange martini and pizza w arugula n prosciutto. Light and amazing! I also ordered the fried baby artichokes n goat cheese. There were four perfect little pieces and two nice slices of warm goat cheese, with a lovely little sauce to dip them in. It was a perfect size for one. I also had a great sized salad w romaine, bread chunks, and teardrop tomatoes. Overall, I loved everything I ordered and will be a regular there everytime I am anywhere near Palm Desert!! They made me feel very welcome too, even though I was alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backyogivevaDined on 7/26/2014Our first visit, we will come back. The Tuscan salad was very fresh and tasty. Just like in Italy you won't find two pizza made the same, the pizza dough here is good, has a nutty taste. Thin crust is not too thin, not too thick...just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PizzaWannabefoodieDined on 7/18/2014The best pizza I have ever eaten!!! I wish Piero's would open up another location in San Diego!!Special Features:
- Pizza Eventlilo42VIPDined on 7/17/2014Amazing food! Our favorites Pizza, & Chicken with bell peppers, delicious. The entire staff is friendly, courteous & gets the orders right every time. Piero's Puzza Vino is our go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to have ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great Happy Hour!!!! Great pizza, salads, service was superb!!!!!Special Features:
- Fair to MidlinAlvinFDined on 7/5/2014When I try a new Italian restaurant I base my comments on the sauce by ordering either lasagna or spaghetti and meatballs. In this case I order the spags which in this case was gluten free penne. The penne was made well and the meatballs were surprisingly good. The sauce, however, was not acceptable to me and for that reason I will not return to this restaurant. My wife ordered the marinara pizza on gluten fee crust. This turned out to be a bad choice. The crust was not so bad but the sauce made this dish no good. To be fair, the service and ambiance were very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Very good food and large menu. However VERY noisy - so much so that we could not hold a conversationSpecial Features:
- The following 241 reviews are from the Piero's Pizzavino reviews archive.
- Delicious!momof4Dined on 6/23/2014Usually this place is packed, fortunately for us we were celebrating a midweek birthday! Service, food and comfort were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not your average pizzariaConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 6/19/2014a little more sophisticated menu for a pizzaria; gives wolfgang puck's a run for its money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014We have been to Piero's Pizza Vino many times for lunch - always a great experience - great and friendly staff, great service and really great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDesertdiner14Dined on 6/15/2014Service at pizza vino has never been great. We love their food that's the reason we come back. The server on the patio the other night was not friendly at all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodexnyfoodieDined on 6/15/2014As close to NY style Italian food as we have found so far in the desert. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellantLynneDined on 6/12/2014Excellant as always; fresh and delicious. Service. ambiance and prices are reasonable. Selection quite varied.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014dinner was good and service was good too. It was my wife's birthday and they remembered!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in the coachella valleyHoosierincaliVIPDined on 6/6/2014The pizza here is divine, the service is wonderful, and the people watching on el paseo never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michelleVIPDined on 5/25/2014Loved the food, service was fantastic! Kale salad was amazing. Meatballs were delicious. They even have a Gluten free menu so my husband was so happy. Kids loved it. Everyone was happy! Desserts were great also.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant on El PaseoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Everything we have ever had at this restaurant is fantastic. The food is fresh, delicious and amazing in flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014Small restaurant with small patio, nice ambiance. Service was good. Waiter got order wrong (thought I ordered salmon pizza when should have been grilled salmon). Not a big deal. Quickly corrected error. Salmon was good but drowning in sauce. Would order dry next time. Pizzas are excellent! Prices are reasonable. Unusual cocktail menu. Would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great with families and friendsJohnVIPDined on 5/24/2014Refreshing choices and fresh ingredients ... a delightful place to stop for lunch, dinner, or a snack ...Special Features:
- "Italian" pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014The pizza was very good, the closest to true Italian pizza that we have experienced in the United States.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/15/2014We sat in the outside patio, but the plastic was down, probably due to the extreme heat that night. It was very loud, and hard to hear.Special Features:
- Great!ducaDined on 5/9/2014Pizza and wine were outstanding. Too bad the they don't have a better space. The front seating area could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great truffle pizza special! Good service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot reasonable huge portionsKdubyahDined on 5/2/2014Nice spot. Really reasonable and huge portions The service was pretty good considering it was almost a full restaurant on a Friday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good gourmet pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2014We had a nice casual meal on the patio. My husband and I shared the small spinach salad (which was plenty to share as a starter) and ordered 2 pizzas. I shared a margarita pizza with my 6 year old (who happily ate half of it). I also got the side of meatballs and it was delicious. The wine list was a little disappointing, so we opted to just get wine by the glass. Food and service was very good. We will go back next time we are in Palm Springs area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PIZZAHollyDined on 4/29/2014I love coming to this restaurant. I love their pizza, especially the one with sausage, carmelized onions. I think it's called Bang, bang or something like that. Great sitting outdooors.Special Features: