73722 El Paseo Drive, #1
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ppizzavino.com/
- Phone: 7605682525x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week 11:30am-11:00pm
HAPPY DAY (HOUR) ALL DAY LONG (Bar Only) from 11:30am-11:00pm
Lunch Daily 11:30am-3:00pm
Early Bird Daily 2:30pm-5:30pm
Dinner Daily 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Erick Rivera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call the Restaurant at 1(760) 568-2525
- Special Events: Call the Restaurant at 1(760) 568-2525
A word from Piero's Pizzavino
Four Key Ingredients for PizzaVino's true authentic Neapolitan Pizza--it's all about balance. The Oven, San Marzano tomatoes, Fior di Latte Mozzarella & Doppio Zero Flour. We are more than just pizza at Our Comfortable Home away from Home Restaurant. We offer Fresh Locally Grown, Organic Fruits & Vegetables, Fresh Seafood, Quality Cuts of Meat, Salads with our homemade dressings, as well as Desserts like Your Mom use to or still does make! We are OPEN LATER than Most!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Piero's Pizzavino - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Piero's Pizzavino reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (7)special occasion (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Fantastic pizza - very creative choices of toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great idea with so-so resultsStatsTeacherVIPDined on 8/16/2014We started with baby artichokes (canned) with goat cheese (fried chunks). We expected fresh chokes and some integration with the cheese, so this was disappointing. Followed with two pizzas. We had high hopes, given the high heat wood fire and 00 flour. The crust flavor was good, but the crusts were too thick (not crispy) and the toppings were way too heavy for the pizza (at least twice as much sauce as there should have been). We were seated on the porch, where they were running the AC (totally inadequate, sit inside); the space was so loud we couldn't hear each other. The highlight was dessert - good cannoli and creme brûlée. Overall, the food is just okay, though it's some of the better stuff we had in the area. Not a town for foodies
- Another great mealbeatriceDined on 8/1/2014Always delicious food and such a expansive and varied menu with friendly and fun waiters. Attentive service as seems to always be the case and really a consistently good experience. Took out of town guests for this visit and all were over the top impressed so may have to talk the owner into opening an Indianapolis location! Yum!Special Features:
- Fun finding new neighborhood spotsherylenVIPDined on 8/1/2014have seen this place many times as I drive down El Paseo but never tried it. After reading reviews, we tried it and it was delicious. They have fantastic wood-fired pizza plus we saw lots of other scrumptious looking dishes going to other tables...we will be going back. its very casual so quite a few kids...not for a romantic evening out but very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!UniqueFoodFanVIPDined on 7/27/2014It was mid afternoon Sunday, and I missed lunch. I checked Open Table, and found Piero's!! The menu sounded yummy, so I headed over. Got a window table in the bar and was greeted warmly by the hostess. I ordered a cherry-orange martini and pizza w arugula n prosciutto. Light and amazing! I also ordered the fried baby artichokes n goat cheese. There were four perfect little pieces and two nice slices of warm goat cheese, with a lovely little sauce to dip them in. It was a perfect size for one. I also had a great sized salad w romaine, bread chunks, and teardrop tomatoes. Overall, I loved everything I ordered and will be a regular there everytime I am anywhere near Palm Desert!! They made me feel very welcome too, even though I was alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backyogivevaDined on 7/26/2014Our first visit, we will come back. The Tuscan salad was very fresh and tasty. Just like in Italy you won't find two pizza made the same, the pizza dough here is good, has a nutty taste. Thin crust is not too thin, not too thick...just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PizzaWannabefoodieDined on 7/18/2014The best pizza I have ever eaten!!! I wish Piero's would open up another location in San Diego!!Special Features:
- Pizza Eventlilo42VIPDined on 7/17/2014Amazing food! Our favorites Pizza, & Chicken with bell peppers, delicious. The entire staff is friendly, courteous & gets the orders right every time. Piero's Puzza Vino is our go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to have ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great Happy Hour!!!! Great pizza, salads, service was superb!!!!!Special Features:
- Fair to MidlinAlvinFDined on 7/5/2014When I try a new Italian restaurant I base my comments on the sauce by ordering either lasagna or spaghetti and meatballs. In this case I order the spags which in this case was gluten free penne. The penne was made well and the meatballs were surprisingly good. The sauce, however, was not acceptable to me and for that reason I will not return to this restaurant. My wife ordered the marinara pizza on gluten fee crust. This turned out to be a bad choice. The crust was not so bad but the sauce made this dish no good. To be fair, the service and ambiance were very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Very good food and large menu. However VERY noisy - so much so that we could not hold a conversationSpecial Features:
- Delicious!momof4Dined on 6/23/2014Usually this place is packed, fortunately for us we were celebrating a midweek birthday! Service, food and comfort were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not your average pizzariaConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 6/19/2014a little more sophisticated menu for a pizzaria; gives wolfgang puck's a run for its money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014We have been to Piero's Pizza Vino many times for lunch - always a great experience - great and friendly staff, great service and really great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDesertdiner14Dined on 6/15/2014Service at pizza vino has never been great. We love their food that's the reason we come back. The server on the patio the other night was not friendly at all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodexnyfoodieDined on 6/15/2014As close to NY style Italian food as we have found so far in the desert. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellantLynneDined on 6/12/2014Excellant as always; fresh and delicious. Service. ambiance and prices are reasonable. Selection quite varied.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014dinner was good and service was good too. It was my wife's birthday and they remembered!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in the coachella valleyHoosierincaliVIPDined on 6/6/2014The pizza here is divine, the service is wonderful, and the people watching on el paseo never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michelleVIPDined on 5/25/2014Loved the food, service was fantastic! Kale salad was amazing. Meatballs were delicious. They even have a Gluten free menu so my husband was so happy. Kids loved it. Everyone was happy! Desserts were great also.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant on El PaseoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Everything we have ever had at this restaurant is fantastic. The food is fresh, delicious and amazing in flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014Small restaurant with small patio, nice ambiance. Service was good. Waiter got order wrong (thought I ordered salmon pizza when should have been grilled salmon). Not a big deal. Quickly corrected error. Salmon was good but drowning in sauce. Would order dry next time. Pizzas are excellent! Prices are reasonable. Unusual cocktail menu. Would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great with families and friendsJohnDined on 5/24/2014Refreshing choices and fresh ingredients ... a delightful place to stop for lunch, dinner, or a snack ...Special Features:
- "Italian" pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014The pizza was very good, the closest to true Italian pizza that we have experienced in the United States.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/15/2014We sat in the outside patio, but the plastic was down, probably due to the extreme heat that night. It was very loud, and hard to hear.Special Features:
- Great!ducaDined on 5/9/2014Pizza and wine were outstanding. Too bad the they don't have a better space. The front seating area could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Piero's Pizzavino reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great truffle pizza special! Good service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot reasonable huge portionsKdubyahDined on 5/2/2014Nice spot. Really reasonable and huge portions The service was pretty good considering it was almost a full restaurant on a Friday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good gourmet pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2014We had a nice casual meal on the patio. My husband and I shared the small spinach salad (which was plenty to share as a starter) and ordered 2 pizzas. I shared a margarita pizza with my 6 year old (who happily ate half of it). I also got the side of meatballs and it was delicious. The wine list was a little disappointing, so we opted to just get wine by the glass. Food and service was very good. We will go back next time we are in Palm Springs area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PIZZAHollyDined on 4/29/2014I love coming to this restaurant. I love their pizza, especially the one with sausage, carmelized onions. I think it's called Bang, bang or something like that. Great sitting outdooors.Special Features:
- Great pizza and saladPeterDined on 4/28/2014I was here for the first time with my family and found the food to be excellent. Excellent pizzas and salads. Great local spot with outside seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Place for PizzaBellaunoVIPDined on 4/28/2014Took friends for their first time. Friendly staff, good food & cocktails AND Piero Himself even stopped at our table to say "hi". We've been frequenting his establishments for over 30 years and I'm not sure he recognized us. Maybe he needs to hire another "front" man like Bobby Mayo.Special Features:
- Great, high quality foodScudderVIPDined on 4/26/2014Excellent place to eat. Best pizza in the desert by far. This is high quality food you want to eat regularly (And I do!). Only recommendation: They should stay open later!Special Features:
- Good eatsChuckDined on 4/26/2014The mussels were the best we've ever had and everything else was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014Relaxed, friendly, great food and service, ideal location and the right atmosphere for an evenIng with friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014If you love Gorgonzola, get the Gorgonzola and caramelized apple pizzaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!KarenDined on 4/19/2014We ordered fried clams for our 2 Boston natives. They loved them! The clams have bellies, not just strips. Then we ordered the quatro fromageo white pizza, the margarita pizza and the prosciutto & arugula pizza. All were delicious. Our only complaint was that the staff was so busy it was hard to flag so done down to get a beer. All in all, it was great.Special Features:
- Nice place, good pizzaJoJoDined on 4/18/2014Nice experience. Pizza was good, I thought the wine was expensive for the cheaper labels they had. I would like a better wine list.Special Features:
- Terrific Food!TennisDined on 4/14/2014I love the Gluten Free Pizza!! My husband loves the meatballs! Always great every time we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for ItaliannCHeryVIPDined on 4/13/2014Our first visit though not our last. We went for pizza and we were all very pleased. Service was great.Special Features: