Piero's Italian Restaurant
3500 Reading Way
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piero's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pierositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 947-3650
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Valentine Munoz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Extensive Catering Menu for parties of all sizes. Contact us directly for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Piero's private banquet room features an intimate setting, elegant decor, floor to ceiling windows, private entrance, his & her restrooms, and coat room. With the capability to seat up to 70 guests, this room is perfect for all sorts of occassions. Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Christenings, Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Graduations, Small Wedding Dinners, Holiday Parties, Funerals and more! We offer affordable packages for three & four course luncheons and dinners starting at $22.99. And if that's not enough, we are a BYOB!!! So bring your favorite, bottle of wine, beer, and/or liquor!!!
Not Enough guests for our Private Room? Try our Semi-Private space which is just as great for smaller groups. We also provide limited menus for larger reservations who don't necessarily need private space.
For more information, contact John Neal.
- Private Party Contact: John Neal 2159473650
A word from Piero's Italian Restaurant
Philadelphia restaurateur, John Graff, introduces his third masterpiece to Huntingdon Valley and surrounding Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia Counties. Piero's, a fine dining Italian restaurant, features homemade pasta, sauces, soups, desserts, and bread along with much more, all prepared by Chef Valentine Munoz and his staff. A BYO Restaurant right outside of Philadelphia, Piero's offers a family friendly atmosphere during the week, including a Sunday breakfast, and then transforms into a much more formal and elegant atmosphere Friday and Saturday, serving up some of the best homemade Italian food in the region. Already rated one of the top 5 restaurants of 2010 (Main Course), Graff, along with the rest of his family look forward to future success with their new establishment. In addition to the restaurant, they have also introduced a private banquet room that offers an intimate space to host events of up to 70 people (with the ability to rent the restaurant for larger parties)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piero's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (25)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (12)romantic (10)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding!DerekVVDined on 11/20/2014We had a business lunch there and it was terrific. We stayed a while and had some late arrivals. restaurant was very accommodating to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachelDined on 11/15/2014Our waitress was wonderful, the food was delicious, and perfect for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointed, a complete wasteLuv2dineDined on 11/12/2014The food was horrible. Very greasy, just nasty. I had the eggplant parmigiana, the "homemade" sauce was the worse. At least our server was breath of fresh air. Otherwise the night was a complete waste. I've passed this place many times and was very excited to try it, but turns out it was even more of a disappointment. I give it 5 negative stars!
- Love it!DeedeeDined on 11/9/2014Every time I have eaten here, the food and service has been great. I recommend the salmon and crab-meat entree. The Salmon is cooked perfectly, topped with a generous amount of lump crab meat. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piero'shappytummyDined on 11/9/2014All 4 of us enjoyed everything we ordered. The house salad with strawberries and strawberry vinaigrette and goat cheese was especially delicious. The chicken Marsala had a nice light mushroom and wine sauce that was not too floury and heavy. The only issue was that the server seemed to be spread too thin. He was running from table to table and we had to ask more than once for more bread and more water. But he was very pleasant and as attentive as possible. It was a Sunday evening so they may have been lower staffed than at peak times. The decor was lovely. We were able to hear each other and have conversation throughout the meal very easily. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and we all agreed that we would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Disappointed at best!Alfer59Dined on 11/1/2014It was my husband's and my first experience at Piero's. I read the reviews online and decided it was a great restaurant to try. The service was terrible! It took the server at least 15 minutes to come over to the table to introduce herself and open our wine. She also seemed to disappear throughout the evening . I was not happy. The food was not hot. My husband ordered the Chicken saltimbocca and there was not a sage leaf to be found in the whole dish. He was disappointed with the Caesar salad with just the creamy caesar dressing. I had a monkfish special and the dish was not very flavorful. For a $175 dinner for 4 that did not include alcohol it was very disappointing. Don't think I would go back for the price.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining experienceMakeItSpecialDined on 11/1/2014We had an reservation for 6 pm, part of 4, and arrived 15 minutes early and were seated immediately. Out waitress was very nice, the food was tastefully prepared and no one rushed us to leave. The booth was quite roomy and you didn't have to shout to hear the people in our party talking. I would definitely go back. The restaurant was decorated very nice and so was the outside of the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerftsikDined on 10/25/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant we went for anniversary dinner. We had reservations and we quickly seated. Lovely atmosphere, not too loud or too dark. Quick service. Tasty food. Overall we will return.Special Features:
- MarkMarkVIPDined on 10/17/2014As usual we were not disappointed. Great food. Great service. Relaxed setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicePapaDDined on 10/17/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and it was a great place for 3 generations to meet and eat. The food was very good, the service was excellent and friendly and we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Bernice43Dined on 10/10/2014We have enjoyed several visits to Piero's, both for lunch and dinner. We were happy to find this gem within our area and have enjoyed taking friends to our 'new find'.Special Features:
- Service was questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Overall the food was very good but thought the overall service was subpar. We may try again in the future.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Love this restaurant, always a good time and great food!Special Features:
- DeliciousAlrahsDined on 8/21/2014The food at Piero's was delicious. The signature salad (mixed greens, feta, walnuts, Granny Smith apples topped with raspberry viniagrette) was a great way to start the meal. I had the lobster ravioli which had chunks of crab in the cream sauce and my husband had the seared ahi tuna. Both excellent. Finished off with a chocolate meltdown dessert. We left full and very satisfied with our meal and with the overall experience. This is the second time we have eaten at Piero's, and the first time was just as good. Piero's is BYOB; they were very accommodating at keeping our beverages cold. With a busy life and little time to go out alone for nice meals, Piero's definitely leaves an excellent impression until the next time we have a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent and the service was top shelf. We were seating in a private room that we didn't even know was there. I nice surprise because we had a party of 8 with alot of room. It was like private dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Italian BYOBBestSaxDined on 8/16/2014Been going there for a long time. The staff is personable and the food is always good. Go early, and never a wait, but make reservations if you are going prime time. Just an fyi, I rarely give 5 stars, so please don't let that discourage you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!Rose1201Dined on 8/14/2014Pieros' never fails to impress. Food is always great, service is on point, and each time there keeps us wanting to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationspotDined on 8/8/2014We went to celebrate our mutual birthdays. It was a great experience, with delicious food, great service!Special Features:
- Delicious foodDonna9813Dined on 8/3/2014first time, we had a Gift certificate..the service was fantastic and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- If you like burnt foodBigPuss546Dined on 8/2/2014Appetizer came out burnt, but I was too nice to say anything. Then I ordered my usual Chicken Parm. The edges of the chicken were all burnt and dark. Barely any cheese on it. Very disappointed. Never going back. Our waitress was awesome though..
- Neighborhood FindBernice43Dined on 8/1/2014Tastefully decorated, Expansive menu lovely presentation have enjoyed both lunch and dinner and look forward to visiting in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 253 reviews are from the Piero's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- quiet lunch in huntingdon valleycjrdineVIPDined on 7/26/2014the pizza wrap was awesome. the salad perfect. we enjoyed everything. our server was on top of things as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CafeteriaKICNBACVIPDined on 7/24/2014Where we were seated because they were having a party felt like we were in a cafeteria. They could have sat us I a booth especially when we got their before rush hour.
- A Gem!PhillyfolkDined on 7/19/2014Food was great. Service was terrific. Quite a gem. However be sure to know its a BYOB.Special Features:
- A great experienceKJSHILLY2515Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Piero's to celebrate our one year anniversary. We always drive by Piero's and always wanted to try it. From the start the service and food were terrific! A friendly and quick wait staff. My husband had the tilapia with shrimp and crab. There wasn't a drop of food left on his plate. I had the crab cakes, also good although the crab was shredded not in lump form it was still good. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB, good Italian, not for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014I must have missed the BYOB when I checked both Urban Spoon and Open Table, be forewarned so you don't need to drive into Hatboro hoping the State store is open. We were looking for an independently owned place. A good variation on red sauce Italian. The bread came out warm from the oven, a bit sweet - sort of a crust pizza dough bread. The chicken parm was freshly prepared, meaning it wasn't sitting in sauce all evening. The crab cake special was very tiny but an extraordinary sauce. The surrounding environment is sort of Epcot - grand McMansions that seem vacant, while the big restaurant was only about 25% full at peak on Friday night.
- Loved pieros!LovepierosDined on 7/9/2014Our recent visit to pieros was excellent!! I would absolutely recommend pieros to friends and family. We are actually considering having our sons christening there now after out experience there. The server was great and shared all the info for having an event there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WoodyDined on 7/2/2014We fined in a Wednesday night, and the food was outstanding. I hit the seafood fra diavalo and my wife had veal piccata. She said it was the best she's ever had. We week definitely be going again (hopefully soon!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pft3VIPDined on 6/20/2014We have dined at Piero's on several occasions. It provides down to earth dining and attentive service. Because it is a BYO, you don't get shocked when the bill arrives.Special Features:
- Piero's is Excellent All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014The food, atmosphere and service were beyond excellent. And the pricing is very reasonable. An overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great local respiteSolManDined on 6/13/2014Piero's is a favorite for that end of week dining experience. Efficient operation, friendly wait staff and consistently good food. Salads are fresh and interesting. Entrees are a good sized portion, just right. The fact that we keep coming back is probably the best review comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minnie1234Dined on 5/31/2014Food was very good, came out hot and was cooked to our requirements. Appetizers were good also. Prices were moderate but fair. Service was just fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23236Dined on 5/16/2014I have been to this restaurant many times, It was wonderful in the beginning and slowly got worse and worse. The food was my all time -favorite and I would brag to my friends , I was so embarrassed when i brought some friends for dinner. My girlfriends husband had the crab cakes that were horrible. My Spaghetti was overcooked.The server was told about the crab cakes, took them away and did nothing or told no one. WE WILL NEVER EVERY GO BACK.
- Mothers Day DinnerabfchambersDined on 5/11/2014We were quickly seated for our reservation time. Considering that it was an especially busy holiday, the service was reasonably prompt. The special menu selections were a little higher priced than normally. Friendly server.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchgrannyinwarminsterDined on 5/11/2014Even though it was a buffet, after 10 minutes, I had to find the hostess that showed us to our table, to ask her if a waiter would be coming to our table for our drinks. Her reply was, "no one came to your table yet?". The buffet itself was just OK. The food was just served in large foil pans, and no burners to keep the food hot. It didn't look or feel special. ..... by the way, this restaurant is a BYOB!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedIwasjustokDined on 5/10/2014The food was ok however the service was severely lacking. My wife and I felt like we were stuck in the back corner of the banquet room and then forgotten. After a solid 5 minutes, Abe came over, opened our wine and brought us a glass of water. After taking our order, the only time he came back to our table was to deliver our entrees and the final bill. It would have been nice to have our water glasses refilled or to enjoy the basket of bread that every other table seemed to receive. There are too many Italian restaurants in the area for us visit rather than return to Pieros and enjoy average food and subpar service.
- Great placeRedRosieDined on 5/10/2014Food is delicious, service wonderful, nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piero'sVinny610Dined on 5/10/2014My parents were from Italy and both were excellent cooks. I consider myself very selective when considering Italian food and restaurants. Piero's is an excellent Italian Restaurant. The appetizer with home made roasted peppers, long hots and high quality cheese was great. I can identify roasted peppers from a jar from across the room. The Vodka Rigatoni's creamy tomato blush sauce was perfect, not too heavy. I highly recommend Piero's. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantKenzieDined on 5/9/2014Elegant dining with an affordable budget. Good was delicious, service fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetnothingsDined on 4/30/2014like the fact that it is a BYOB, but their food is always great. i tried something different tnis time, and itvwas delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.