Piero's Italian Restaurant
3500 Reading Way
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piero's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pierositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2159473650
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Valentine Munoz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Extensive Catering Menu for parties of all sizes. Contact us directly for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Piero's private banquet room features an intimate setting, elegant decor, floor to ceiling windows, private entrance, his & her restrooms, and coat room. With the capability to seat up to 70 guests, this room is perfect for all sorts of occassions. Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Christenings, Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Graduations, Small Wedding Dinners, Holiday Parties, Funerals and more! We offer affordable packages for three & four course luncheons and dinners starting at $22.99. And if that's not enough, we are a BYOB!!! So bring your favorite, bottle of wine, beer, and/or liquor!!!
Not Enough guests for our Private Room? Try our Semi-Private space which is just as great for smaller groups. We also provide limited menus for larger reservations who don't necessarily need private space.
For more information, contact John Neal.
- Private Party Contact: John Neal 2159473650
A word from Piero's Italian Restaurant
Philadelphia restaurateur, John Graff, introduces his third masterpiece to Huntingdon Valley and surrounding Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia Counties. Piero's, a fine dining Italian restaurant, features homemade pasta, sauces, soups, desserts, and bread along with much more, all prepared by Chef Valentine Munoz and his staff. A BYO Restaurant right outside of Philadelphia, Piero's offers a family friendly atmosphere during the week, including a Sunday breakfast, and then transforms into a much more formal and elegant atmosphere Friday and Saturday, serving up some of the best homemade Italian food in the region. Already rated one of the top 5 restaurants of 2010 (Main Course), Graff, along with the rest of his family look forward to future success with their new establishment. In addition to the restaurant, they have also introduced a private banquet room that offers an intimate space to host events of up to 70 people (with the ability to rent the restaurant for larger parties)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piero's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (27)special occasion (27)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- AnnieDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent and the service was top shelf. We were seating in a private room that we didn't even know was there. I nice surprise because we had a party of 8 with alot of room. It was like private dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Italian BYOBBestSaxDined on 8/16/2014Been going there for a long time. The staff is personable and the food is always good. Go early, and never a wait, but make reservations if you are going prime time. Just an fyi, I rarely give 5 stars, so please don't let that discourage you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!Rose1201Dined on 8/14/2014Pieros' never fails to impress. Food is always great, service is on point, and each time there keeps us wanting to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationspotDined on 8/8/2014We went to celebrate our mutual birthdays. It was a great experience, with delicious food, great service!Special Features:
- Delicious foodDonna9813Dined on 8/3/2014first time, we had a Gift certificate..the service was fantastic and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- If you like burnt foodBigPuss546Dined on 8/2/2014Appetizer came out burnt, but I was too nice to say anything. Then I ordered my usual Chicken Parm. The edges of the chicken were all burnt and dark. Barely any cheese on it. Very disappointed. Never going back. Our waitress was awesome though..
- Neighborhood FindBernice43Dined on 8/1/2014Tastefully decorated, Expansive menu lovely presentation have enjoyed both lunch and dinner and look forward to visiting in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet lunch in huntingdon valleycjrdineVIPDined on 7/26/2014the pizza wrap was awesome. the salad perfect. we enjoyed everything. our server was on top of things as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CafeteriaKICNBACDined on 7/24/2014Where we were seated because they were having a party felt like we were in a cafeteria. They could have sat us I a booth especially when we got their before rush hour.
- A Gem!PhillyfolkDined on 7/19/2014Food was great. Service was terrific. Quite a gem. However be sure to know its a BYOB.Special Features:
- A great experienceKJSHILLY2515Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Piero's to celebrate our one year anniversary. We always drive by Piero's and always wanted to try it. From the start the service and food were terrific! A friendly and quick wait staff. My husband had the tilapia with shrimp and crab. There wasn't a drop of food left on his plate. I had the crab cakes, also good although the crab was shredded not in lump form it was still good. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB, good Italian, not for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014I must have missed the BYOB when I checked both Urban Spoon and Open Table, be forewarned so you don't need to drive into Hatboro hoping the State store is open. We were looking for an independently owned place. A good variation on red sauce Italian. The bread came out warm from the oven, a bit sweet - sort of a crust pizza dough bread. The chicken parm was freshly prepared, meaning it wasn't sitting in sauce all evening. The crab cake special was very tiny but an extraordinary sauce. The surrounding environment is sort of Epcot - grand McMansions that seem vacant, while the big restaurant was only about 25% full at peak on Friday night.
- Loved pieros!LovepierosDined on 7/9/2014Our recent visit to pieros was excellent!! I would absolutely recommend pieros to friends and family. We are actually considering having our sons christening there now after out experience there. The server was great and shared all the info for having an event there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WoodyDined on 7/2/2014We fined in a Wednesday night, and the food was outstanding. I hit the seafood fra diavalo and my wife had veal piccata. She said it was the best she's ever had. We week definitely be going again (hopefully soon!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pft3VIPDined on 6/20/2014We have dined at Piero's on several occasions. It provides down to earth dining and attentive service. Because it is a BYO, you don't get shocked when the bill arrives.Special Features:
- Piero's is Excellent All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014The food, atmosphere and service were beyond excellent. And the pricing is very reasonable. An overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great local respiteSolManDined on 6/13/2014Piero's is a favorite for that end of week dining experience. Efficient operation, friendly wait staff and consistently good food. Salads are fresh and interesting. Entrees are a good sized portion, just right. The fact that we keep coming back is probably the best review comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minnie1234Dined on 5/31/2014Food was very good, came out hot and was cooked to our requirements. Appetizers were good also. Prices were moderate but fair. Service was just fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23236Dined on 5/16/2014I have been to this restaurant many times, It was wonderful in the beginning and slowly got worse and worse. The food was my all time -favorite and I would brag to my friends , I was so embarrassed when i brought some friends for dinner. My girlfriends husband had the crab cakes that were horrible. My Spaghetti was overcooked.The server was told about the crab cakes, took them away and did nothing or told no one. WE WILL NEVER EVERY GO BACK.
- Mothers Day DinnerabfchambersDined on 5/11/2014We were quickly seated for our reservation time. Considering that it was an especially busy holiday, the service was reasonably prompt. The special menu selections were a little higher priced than normally. Friendly server.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchgrannyinwarminsterDined on 5/11/2014Even though it was a buffet, after 10 minutes, I had to find the hostess that showed us to our table, to ask her if a waiter would be coming to our table for our drinks. Her reply was, "no one came to your table yet?". The buffet itself was just OK. The food was just served in large foil pans, and no burners to keep the food hot. It didn't look or feel special. ..... by the way, this restaurant is a BYOB!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedIwasjustokDined on 5/10/2014The food was ok however the service was severely lacking. My wife and I felt like we were stuck in the back corner of the banquet room and then forgotten. After a solid 5 minutes, Abe came over, opened our wine and brought us a glass of water. After taking our order, the only time he came back to our table was to deliver our entrees and the final bill. It would have been nice to have our water glasses refilled or to enjoy the basket of bread that every other table seemed to receive. There are too many Italian restaurants in the area for us visit rather than return to Pieros and enjoy average food and subpar service.
- Great placeRedRosieDined on 5/10/2014Food is delicious, service wonderful, nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piero'sVinny610Dined on 5/10/2014My parents were from Italy and both were excellent cooks. I consider myself very selective when considering Italian food and restaurants. Piero's is an excellent Italian Restaurant. The appetizer with home made roasted peppers, long hots and high quality cheese was great. I can identify roasted peppers from a jar from across the room. The Vodka Rigatoni's creamy tomato blush sauce was perfect, not too heavy. I highly recommend Piero's. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantKenzieDined on 5/9/2014Elegant dining with an affordable budget. Good was delicious, service fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetnothingsDined on 4/30/2014like the fact that it is a BYOB, but their food is always great. i tried something different tnis time, and itvwas delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing time!Patti2013Dined on 4/26/2014This is our third time here and it was just as great as the first! I had reserved a table via Open Table and made a note that it was my husbands birthday. They brought his dessert out with a candle - perfect touch without the fuss! Our meals were amazing and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Worth the ridephillydocsDined on 4/25/2014There were 4 people in our party. We all enjoyed our meals very much. Two of us got the crab cakes, which were very flavorful and full of Crab not filler. My husband got salmon and crab and said it was fabulous. Last person got the seafood pasta and loved it. Great service nice place, we'll be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingWoodyDined on 4/22/2014Had 6 people for lunch at noon and were the only group in the restaurant. Service was slow. When we went to order, we were told we could not have anything that required pizza dough. Really? Would have been nice if they had said so when we first arrived. Otherwise the food we did eat was good.
- The following 230 reviews are from the Piero's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Easter BrunchJennyDined on 4/20/2014My family and I (party of 7) went on Easter Sunday for brunch and it was fantastic. It was our first time dining there, and they had out a buffet spread that was equal to food that you would get with regular table service. There was not one thing I didn't enjoy. We will definitely be bringing friends back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partypolomanDined on 4/16/2014We were somewhat reluctant to return to Piero's considering our first experience was way below expectations. Mr. Neal took our feedback professionally and sincerely; the fact that he responded was a step in the right direction. He assured us that should we return, our experience would exceed our expectations. I am glad we did return; the staff was terrific, the food was great! We will be back!Special Features:
- Good TimesKJunkinsDined on 4/12/2014Service was great. Our server recognized that we were there to socialize with friends and gave us just the right amount of attention. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014This was our second trip to Piero's and once again we were not disappointed. The food was very good, our server was great, all in all we had a very nice time and would definately go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience at Italian restaurantMyraDined on 3/27/2014We were a party of four for dinner. We ordered Fresh Mozzarella and Tomatoes, the Mozzarella was laden with water and did not have a good feel in the mouth, very disappointing for $ 20.00. I ordered Jumbo Shrimp light fair, and the shrimp, was not jumbo – I will describe it as medium Size shrimp. In an Italian restaurant mashed potatoes and green beans seems mediocre. The dessert tray looked sad and did not represent Italian food. We were very disappointed with the quality of the food. The service was good, but we had to ask for bread more than once to be able to eat our Mozzarella platter. Very disappointing!
- Great group dining byobVisdomDined on 3/22/2014Great service. Food had nice presentation enjoyed my fish in parchment. My husband enjoyed his antipasto and rigatoni.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantRustyVIPDined on 3/19/2014Small but not tiny, about 20 tables/booths. BYOB with fairly standard Italian restaurant offerings. Food was prepared well, plated nicely, and tasted good. Portions were appropriate and reasonable. Service was good, but not over the top. Small but nice dessert offerings. Not the best Italian restaurant in the immediate area, but I nice spot for friends and family to share a meal.Special Features:
- Went thier Wednesday for nephewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014Went thier Wednesday for nephews birthday. Party of 6. Thiis was my 3rd time to this establishment. Service was outstanding. We waited for nothing, food came out timely not rushed and hot. Our waitress was amazing. Impressed she took all our orders without writting anything down and did not miss abeat even after a few of us changed our minds on selections. This is a great neighborhood place to go for a great time, great meal and friendly staff to wait on you. Highly reccommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJoeSDined on 3/15/2014Ordering a special on the evening we attended, large potion of 16 oz. Porterhouse Steak was too tuff to chew let alone cut. Wife's order included risotto which was was to watery an covered with plan ordinary gravy, not the mushroom infused risottos seen on menu.greatly dissapointed, and will not return. Greatly surprised such a piece of beef I was served and was charged the price at $40.00. Again will not return.
- Great neighborhood restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Great neighborhood restaurant, staff is extremely helpful , food is delicious....Special Features:
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014This was our second time eating here and had another awesome dinner. Recommended to others who also have been there a few tea already. Delicious food for an affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.