12700 Lake Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php
- Phone: 2162282250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Regan Reik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an Event? Give us a call! We can make any occasion memorable whether large or small.
- Entertainment: Moss Stanley/Michael Leamon on piano Fridays and Saturdays 7pm - 10pm
Michael Leamon on piano Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
1/2 price gourmet appetizers
$5.25 specialty cocktails & wines
A word from Pier W
Pier W, a landmark Cleveland restaurant, has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood and contemporary menu since May 11, 1965. Having recently undergone a $3 million interior renovation, the new Pier W resembles a sophisticated luxury liner cantilevered over Lake Erie offering dramatic views of both the Lake and the downtown Cleveland skyline. We would like to request that shorts, flip flops and baseball caps are not worn to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Pier W - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Pier W reviews from OpenTable diners
441 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (399)special occasion (358)romantic (281)fit for foodies (145)notable wine list (116)great for brunch (111)neighborhood gem (100)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (61)good for groups (61)great for lunch (55)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014this was my first time dining at this restaurant, and I must say it was a great experience. the atmosphere was great, food excellent and service terrific. I'm so excited to return back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special celebration placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary two days ago at the Sunday brunch. We arrived prior to our 9:30 AM time to get a window table which we did enjoy. It is pricey at $38.00 a person, so for us it is only for the utmost of celebrations. Too expensive to go as a family. The food and service were top notch.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Bob60Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, outstanding service made for a perfect eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The fish was too sweet and the waiter was in a big hurry to serve. The music could not be heard and when I put in a request, the piano player acknowledged it and then just walked away never to come back. Not even an apology that he was not going to come back and play or not play at all. We requested a window table and were prepared to wait but were given a table right next to the wall with literally no view. Last time at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful scenery & delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The setting is right on the water with a perfect view of downtown Cleveland which is picture worthy when the weather cooperates. We first ordered the oysters which tasted fresh and were a good size. We then shared the lobster bisque and clam chowder. Both were savory, but the clam chowder wins. Next we each ordered a simply prepared walleye or perch because they are caught locally. They were beyond delicious. One friend did order his prepared "lightly battered" which truly was lightly battered and was far from heavily breaded and deep fried. If you enjoy seafood and a comfortable yet sophisticated atmosphere I highly, highly recommend Pier W!Special Features:
- Great except for hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014The whole experience once we were seated was great. The waitress and hosts were attentive, friendly, and made great recommendations. The food was very good and there was an appropriate space between delivering the appetizer, main course, and dessert. The hostess at the entrance however was not friendly and snooty. We entered without a reservation and were told that there would be an hour wait for a table. We proceeded to the bar and I opened the open table app, made a reservation for a half hour wait. When I went back up saying I had a reservation I was given a dirty look. Hostess was not friendly. Other than that the evening was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food and service were very good. I was disappointed in the seating arrangements. When I booked the appointment I explained that I would like a window seat. The reason why is because that is where I proposed to my wife 41 years ago. I'm sure I made the reservation early enough to have my request granted. The waiter was excellent and did every thing he could to make the meal perfect. The only thing I would recommend would be to make the patio nicer so people would want to sit out there and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Pier WCastnetterDined on 8/25/2014A Monday evening dinner with friends at Pier W was a most wonderful experience. Nice Lake Erie view of downtown Cleveland, an active ambiance and good reasonably priced food, well presented. A place to keep coming back to.Special Features:
- PIER WSRLSRVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great food; great service; great ambiance. The bouillabaisse is fantastic - if you like seafood, there is ample seafood and the broth is fantastic. We went with another couple and all the meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine2CDined on 8/24/2014Thanks for asking, my husband asked me where I would like to go for my birthday and of course, I said PIER W!! We came with another couple and we all enjoyed our dinner very much. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that asks, "where is a good place to dine"? The view of Lake Erie makes this seem as though we are eating on a 1st class ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantOlgaDined on 8/23/2014My favorite restaurant! French onion soup didn't really taste like a real French onion soup, it was too watery! And my pasta wasn't hot, as long as my tea! Calamari are still the best !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier W - ok place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014All of my friends had been here and said that I need to head on out there. I was very excited as I was at a restaurant in San Diego that had the same kind of menu and atmosphere. I was disappointed upon arrival - the tables are all way too close together you can feel the person next to you breathing on you. I ordered the Filet Mingon - which was moist, but the potatoes that came with had no flavor and tasted as if they were made 2 hours ago and just warmed up. To start out not to mention the fact that it was difficult to find - it is hidden within apartment complexes and we circled three times around, since the sign was super small and in bright BLUE.Special Features:
- Best seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Perfectly prepared calamari, crab cakes and scallops.Special Features:
- Another fantastic meal at Pier WjdrossDined on 8/22/2014I've had the pleasure off dining at Pier W on several occasions and the fantastic staff never disappoints. The wait staff was fantastic, did was perfect, and the piano music added to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014But more a sapphire than a diamond. Food is a little over priced but you are getting one amazing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 60th Anniversary DinnerARGmealreviewDined on 8/21/2014The view was magnificent and the service excellent. My wife's tenderloin medallions were tasty and done to perfection. However my own entree, the 'sustainable' swordfish, was disappointing: too thick, lacking in flavor, and a bit tough. My clam chowder, on the other hand, was the best I have ever had in my entire life (82 years) anywhere in the world! The broth was exceptionally tasty, was of perfect consistency, and contained an abundance of tender, savory pieces of clams. For our milestone diamond anniversary our server rewarded my wife with a mini-dish of sorbet, and presented me with a delicious bit of cheesecake. An excellent way to end our delightful anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PC2dineDined on 8/21/2014For a venue that enjoys a good reputation, we were not impressed at all. The food quality was just so-so when above average is expected. One of the members of our party (4) was served walleye that was still raw in the middle. The views were fantastic and our server was quite pleasant and accomodating. More quality assurance is needed.Special Features:
- parmajonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014A positive experience. My fried and I enjoy dining at Pier W.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic nightClevelandshoresDined on 8/20/2014Took my wife out for her 30th birthday. Great view of the lake and the city especially at night. Food and service was great. Sat by the kitchen so wasn't the quietest experiance but it was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything about Pier W exudes class. The breathtaking views draw us in but the quality of the food and service keep us returning again and again! We've actually dined at Pier W 3 times in the past 2 weeks! It amazes me that in all of the DECADES of enjoying this restaurant, it has never grown old. The excellent, refined service is expected and never disappoints. The physical space shines, never looking worn or outdated. Everything is SPOTLESSLY clean.The happy hour menu is an excellent value. Seafood entrees are fresh. Salads are crisp, interesting, and perfectly dressed. The passion fruit mousse is beautifully presented and delicious! Wonderful wine list and EXCELLENT specialty cocktails, including a seasonal raspberry limeade! Fabulous!Special Features:
- FreshJustmyopinionDined on 8/18/2014In a well known place such as Pier W, I would expect fresher tasting. Our group was of 3 people. I had the Walleye. It was a little salty and the potatoes were dry. I needed something to flavor it but I don't know what. For a 6pm dinner, the potatoes should be better. One of my guests ordered the lobster tail. It looked small. The other the plank salmon. It also looked dry. I didn't ask them their opinion of the food. I just know what I ate. If you want the best seafood in town...its still Blue Point, Salmon Dave or Don's LighthouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The Sunday bruch was fabulous. There is something for everyone and the food is all top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We were there for my husband's b.day with another couple........GREAT food, LOVED the piano player, view was super and we haven't been there for years. So glad that we came............I had breakfast food first / yum, then moved onto the delicious prime rib !! Dessert was just what I needed to end a great meal. Will come again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid BrunchChefJoeDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was splendid with a wide variety of food choices, all prepared nicely. View, fresh flowers, excellent service and live piano all made for a memorable brunch!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerPumpkin517Dined on 8/16/2014Views were amazing we had a perfect night.The food was fresh and seasoned well perfectly prepared.Would reccomend this to anyone who wanted a nice evening out with good food,great views of the lake,and prompt service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing seafoodChrisDined on 8/15/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday dinner. This is her favorite restaurant. We love the fresh baked bread. It's so fresh we had to wait for a second serving because it was just coming out if the oven. My girlfriend typically gets the scallops but the last 2 times we've gotten the double lobster tails. The chard that accompanies the meal is excellent. We were both seated so that we could see the Cleveland shoreline. We have all of our special meals at Pier W and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had a great experience at Pier W. The excellent view was matched by the food and the service!Special Features:
- Dress Code Not EnforcednodresscodeDined on 8/13/2014Very nice atmosphere, kitchen and bar area are so loud you cannot think. There is a dress code however it is not enforced at all. Constant patrol of management walking around hawking on their employees like they don't know how to do their job. The food is amazing, but the service end of fine dinning needs addressed. I wouldn't break the bank for this one.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014The food and service were excellent. Was a little concerned that they were conducting a wine tasting with a group of 25+ in the main dining room, but it was done very professionally and was hardly noticeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/10/2014We've had dinner at Pier W before and it was incredible, we went for brunch this time and its a buffet; it was good, not great. Dinner is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location location locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014To be fair the location, sandwiched between two apt complexes, sucks...but the view is absolutely top notch. The food never fails. Excellent bar (though the bar is crazy expensive). Great place, very expensive, worth the money. One of the top restaurants in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014The wife and I went on Saturday for dinner and arrived early for drinks at the bar before dinner. I had an Old Fashioned and my wife had one of their signature cocktails. Both were mixed well and tasty. We had a seat on the interior of the restaurant and couldn't take advantage of the spectacular views of Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline. The oyster sampler was delicious and my wife enjoyed the lobster bisque. She had the seared scallops and I had seared walleye for entrees. Both were a bit overcooked and were nondescript. The wine list wasn't huge but had some very nice and inexpensive choices. We skipped dessert. Service was prompt. Overall, there are better choices in Cleveland for the price but this does have good views.Special Features:
- Very impresseddinesoutDined on 8/9/2014We were extremely impressed with not only the view, but the service as well as the outstanding food. The server was there when we needed him but we had plenty alone time without him breathing down our necks. They even gave my girlfriend a free cheesecake since it was her birthday. We plan on going back over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lakeside restaurantajaxVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful restaurant with great view of Lake Erie and downtown Cleveland. Nice menu with many seafood choices. We had swordfish and Hawaian big eye tuna. Both were nice, not overly large portions and perfectly prepared. A passion fruit dessert was delicious..refreshing and not overly sweet. Service is attentive without being officious.Special Features:
- Great Place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent Dining experience. Service was fantastic. The food was wonderful. Melt in your mouth steaks and fantastic sword fish. The view of the lake and downtown was fantastic. Wish the wind would not have been so strong, or we would have stayed for drinks on the patio. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- RWM1906VIPDined on 8/8/2014Thank you for another lovely evening. We were seated on the lower level with an excellent view of downtown and of the lake. The food and service also were great and we are looking forward to our next visit. Our visiting friends from Kitchener, Ontario were impressed!Special Features:
- Great place!HapydinerDined on 8/8/2014Pier W always exceeds my expectations! The food, service, and view are fantastic. Our waitress was great, and the food delicious. This is a must go to restaurant in the Cleveland area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorites080614dadDined on 8/8/2014This has been one of my favorites for over 30 years. Wonderful view, lovely restaurant, great food & service. They did remove some sampler (appetizer & desert) items that I really enjoyed. Like to try many things without ordering full size. The desert sampler in particular was wonderful. Sorry to see them go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceLivingLakeSnyderDined on 8/7/2014I had a reservation for 7:30, got the best window seat in the restaurant within 5 minutes. The food was excellent; we had blue cod and eggplant. Our drinks were the best tasting fresh squeezed lemonade and ice tea we've ever tasted. The only problem I noticed, which was not a big deal to me, was the noise level. A bit energetic for a romantic dinner for two. Although I wouldn't say this is a huge flaw because if we were in a separate dining area, the restaurant would lose a lot of open ambiance.Special Features:
- Forgotten GemSueraeDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant has continued through the years to consistently provide the diner with an excellent meal with unparalleled ambiance.Special Features: