12700 Lake Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php
- Phone: 2162282250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Regan Reik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an Event? Give us a call! We can make any occasion memorable whether large or small.
- Entertainment: Moss Stanley/Michael Leamon on piano Fridays and Saturdays 7pm - 10pm
Michael Leamon on piano Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
1/2 price gourmet appetizers
$5.25 specialty cocktails & wines
A word from Pier W
Pier W, a landmark Cleveland restaurant, has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood and contemporary menu since May 11, 1965. Having recently undergone a $3 million interior renovation, the new Pier W resembles a sophisticated luxury liner cantilevered over Lake Erie offering dramatic views of both the Lake and the downtown Cleveland skyline. We would like to request that shorts, flip flops and baseball caps are not worn to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pier W - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Pier W reviews from OpenTable diners
415 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (375)special occasion (343)romantic (266)fit for foodies (154)notable wine list (112)great for brunch (108)neighborhood gem (98)good for groups (65)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (54)great for lunch (51)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My girlfriend and I chose to celebrate our 2 year anniversary at Pier W. From the service, to the food to the lucky break on the view - we were seated in the northwest corner of the restaurant, overlooking to lake and Downtown Cleveland - this was a fantastic experience. We ordered the calamari and I was a bit worried; I had a favorite calamari spot and wasn't sure Pier W could measure up. It exceeded expectations and was a nice, light appetizer for two. We also enjoyed the clam chowder and lobster bisque. For dinner I had the crab stuffed gulf shrimp with Yukon potatoes and broccolini. Just like the calamari, the shrimp and crab were noticeably fresh and delicious. We didn't save room for dessert, but we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I took my girlfriend here for our one year anniversary. The view of the lake was absolutely beautiful and we were able to witness the sunset right as our dinner came. Service was quick and excellent. For the appetizer we had the calamari, it was absolute perfection. The claim chowder and lobster bisque were delicious. For dinner I had the linguine, which was a bit too peppery for my liking but it was overall pretty tasty. My girlfriend had the crab stuffed shrimp, it was kind if bland and the potatoes were nothing special, probably wouldn't order it again. Overall the meal was pretty pricy for the portions we received but I would definitely go back to try some more dishes. Great atmosphere, great service, good food but not superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We have had the opportunity to eat at Pier W on special occasions since 1966. It has always been a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoy the Sunday brunch whenever we can. We especially like not feeling rushed, having time to enjoy the food as well as sit and enjoy some conversation. Waiter and server staff excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our evening at Pier W was memorable! We were greeted and seated immediately for our 7 pm reservation. I wish that we had the opportunity to be seated by the windows for the beautiful view, but there were not any tables available for that, next time I would hope to sit with the view! Our waitress was excellent, attentive and friendly which is very important. The beef tenderloin medallions with the mashed potatoes were excellent. The flavor was delicious and the best meal that I have had in a restaurant in a long time. We will look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Spectacular setting and views. Service was OK. The waitress was scarce, not around much. The famous bouillabaisse was nothing special, more like fish, onion and tomato soup, not much of anything else in it. The rest of the meal was much better.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food, Ambiance, Service was outstanding. Definately going back for another date.Special Features:
- very okyumyumDined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere, food was ok, service was ok, price was worth viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong hereMikeyDLongfellow1984Dined on 10/24/2014Food was great, service was wonderful! Prices are high but it is absolutely worth it, great wines and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilentMDined on 10/20/2014It was our 41st Anniversary and the evening at Pier W was perfect. We loved the old version of the restaurant, but this tops it by a mile.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/20/2014The food, service and atmosphere are second to none. Pier W is one of our top favorites. Always an impeccable meal. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Loved brunch! You get complimentary sparkling wine or mimosa which is wonderful. Buffet is extensive. Pricy but worth it. Our server was obviously having a grumpy day but I guess that can happen...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceCheckItOutDined on 10/19/2014Piew W is a treat always. The food at brunch is amazing, we especially loved the perch. The piano player excellent. Next time I will plan ahead better to have a table with a view of the lake and the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on the LakevavaDined on 10/19/2014This brunch is amazing. If you leave here unhappy, then you came in unhappy! It is a lovely atmosphere, the food is quality and abundant and the view sitting over Lake Erie is stunning. We had to increase our numbers at the last minute, and of course it was fully booked, but I worked with Amy one of the front desk professionals and by the end of the week she was able to accommodate us! Big shout out to Amy and all the staff and chefs at Pier W. It is a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning and afternoon! Bravo! ValoreeSpecial Features:
- Awesome BrunchPoohDined on 10/19/2014Had a family outing for Sunday brunch. Expensive but worth it. Plenty of food selection to pick from that satisfies all kind of taste buds. Great view and kids enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!lego28Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful first experience at Pier W. Great way to celebrate an anniversary!Special Features:
- Quick reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Amazing view of downtown, friendly service, great seafood.Special Features:
- Pier WSangregVIPDined on 10/17/2014The evening was a smashing success. The food, service, and view were top notch. At our suggestion another couple went to Pier W with us. They are still talking about what a fun filled evening we had. Top of the list was the great food, wine list and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I love this restaurant but if you are celebrating a special occasion there is no way you can get a table by the window. We know that the tables are first come first serve but when we have requested a window table for a 50th anniversary celebration and we get there and they say no we can't have one of those tables even though they are open it's frustrating. They did seat customers there AFTER we were seated so it wasn't first come first serve for us. We brought the anniversary couple there for the first time and they liked the restaurant but agreed that the "first come first serve" policy was not followed. That's too bad. May keep us from bringing someone else there for a "special occasion".Special Features:
- SpecialkjDined on 10/17/2014This restaraunt has been a long time favorite of mine. I am never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014It was very scenic and romantic loved the filet MignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcoDined on 10/15/2014We arrived on time. Parking was a bit difficult. Seated promptly. Window seating was perfect. Great cocktails and appetizers. Sole seafood special was excellent. Cheesecake dessert was yummy. Service was outstanding. This was our 54 Wedding Anniversary experience and we'll be back again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jgaulDined on 10/14/2014We had never been to Pier W before and totally enjoyed our experience. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our service during dinner was very good, and the food was wonderful. I would not hesitate to go back for a special occasion. We totally enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive, as always!ZzzeniDined on 10/13/2014The location and the view are a PLUS, especially if you get a window seat! But, the food, the wine selection and the service is beyond amazing! Seafood is always impressive, although they do have some good "turf" selections.Special Features:
- DennyDined on 10/12/2014Everything was wonderful. Drove 90 minutes to get there. Can't wait to come back and take my 3 children.Special Features:
- Great all around!JoyFish61414Dined on 10/11/2014We celebrated a birthday and wanted it to be a romantic setting. It met all of our expectations! They are also known for their lunches, so we can't wait to try that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and the place was perfect. The food was great, and so was the service. We had mentioned to our waiter that it was our anniversary and when he brought out the dessert it had a white chocolate candy with happy anniversary on it. Just a wonderful time and an amazing view of the lake and the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightGriffinPhillips1Dined on 10/11/2014Pier W is the perfect place for a romantic night out. Lovely ambiance with the beautiful view of the lake and Cleveland. The food was absolutely amazing and it was brought out to us super fast. I enjoyed my time very much and hope to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an anniversary!Magnus1641Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at Piew W for our first wedding anniversary and it was AMAZING! The food was spectacular. The service was great, and the view of the lake was gorgeous. That doesn't even take into consideration the special menus that said "Happy Anniversary" on them, or the cute couples cheesecake bites with the delicious disk of whit chocolate as a garnish that also had "Happy Anniversary" on it. It was such an experience and I highly recommend it for any special occasion. Also, we've been there for brunch on the weekends, and the food is just as amazing and it is a much more low key casual atmosphere while still maintaining their class that is a cut above. If you've never been... GO! I guarantee you'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with quality of food.drphDined on 10/10/2014Food was not up to par, even without regard of the high price. Lobster bisque came out luke warm. All other food was bland and tasteless. We were celebrating a birthday and table by the window was great with view of city skyline, and the piano music added a nice touch.Special Features:
- Perfect!SensationalDined on 10/10/2014It was our 1st time at Pier W and it was a PERFECT destination for a romantic birthday celebration. Truly it is a hidden gem with ambiance, scenic views, elegant atmosphere and excellent service. I felt like I did when I found Headland's Beach ... how did I not know this was in Ohio!!Special Features:
- Fantastic! Fabulous! Loved it!LakeLoverDined on 10/8/2014Our waitress was fabulous!!! Service was perfect!! The food was delicious!! Scenery was lovely! Setting very romantic--just what we were looking for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchdeesDined on 10/8/2014We had just been to Pier W for my birthday, but, when asked for her preference, my friend said she wanted to go back. Wonderful food, wonderful service, wonderful view. We both had the chowder and chorizo and shrimp flatbread. As always, terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT'S NOT TO LOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/7/2014The food, service and atmosphere at Pier W are second to none. Always an incredible experience and the view is priceless. Highly recommend for any occasion. Truly one of our favorites anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchbrunchguyDined on 10/5/2014Went last Sunday for brunch on our anniversary and must say it was absolutely outstanding. The food was exceptional and you could not ask for a more beautiful view. The live piano music made for a perfect experience.Special Features:
- Terrific night outRWattersDined on 10/4/2014Pier W never disappoints! We had a terrific meal and the service was phenomenal. I cannot say enough great things about our night at Pier W.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Pier W has the ambiance of dining on a cruise ship, with beautiful, expansive views of the Cleveland skyline over Lake Erie. Delicious food and great service. Go!Special Features:
- Great TimeRyanDined on 10/2/2014I took my girlfriend here for our five month anniversary and we both loved it! Food was great, restaurant had great decor and view, and our waitress was so helpful and kind. Definitely recommending it to everyone I talk to.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningAnniversaryDined on 10/2/2014I would highly reccommend this restaurant for anyone looking for that special evening out with a loved one. After booking thru Open Table and requesting a few small needs I was very pleased by the service and respect we were given upon our arrival. The service and food were wonderful, the wine was perfect and the attention to details was impressive. The management , waiters and staff did everything possible to make our 15Th anniversary a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just unbelievable, as always...JenniferDined on 10/2/2014We came here for my husband's birthday, and this wasn't our first time. Pier W is great for all special occasions, from birthdays and anniversaries to where to take your in-laws when they come in from out of town. Always excellent food, excellent service. Awesome views of the city. Can't say enough about this place. Fresh seafood flown in daily. Highly recommend.Special Features: