12700 Lake Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php
- Phone: 2162282250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Regan Reik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an Event? Give us a call! We can make any occasion memorable whether large or small.
- Entertainment: Moss Stanley/Michael Leamon on piano Fridays and Saturdays 7pm - 10pm
Michael Leamon on piano Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
1/2 price gourmet appetizers
$5.25 specialty cocktails & wines
A word from Pier W
Pier W, a landmark Cleveland restaurant, has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood and contemporary menu since May 11, 1965. Having recently undergone a $3 million interior renovation, the new Pier W resembles a sophisticated luxury liner cantilevered over Lake Erie offering dramatic views of both the Lake and the downtown Cleveland skyline. We would like to request that shorts, flip flops and baseball caps are not worn to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pier W - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Pier W reviews from OpenTable diners
456 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (414)special occasion (372)romantic (294)fit for foodies (162)notable wine list (127)neighborhood gem (108)great for brunch (107)good for groups (67)hot spot (66)vibrant bar scene (62)great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Needs to revevaluate key componentsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014A great location overlooking the lake, beautful dining room, great food....but - Inconvenient parking as the restaurant diners and neighboring residents consume the parking spots forcing the guests like me last night, to have to park 200 feet from the front door and walk through the rain to get in. Valet Parking should be provided every evening they are open, without question!! This is a fine dining restaurant and is busy all week, Service staff is very young. Students working part time as opposed to seasoned, professional servers. This is not the way to staff a fine dining restaurant. Roping off the bar when the seats are taken? Seriously? A guest cannot enjoy a cocktail at the bar before dinner? Strategic mistakes!Special Features:
- Will come againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. We reserved a table and had an absolutely amazing view of the downtown Cleveland skyline. I liked that they offered wine in 3oz or 6oz servings--3oz of champagne was perfect. We had calamari for an appetizer. I enjoyed the tamarind sauce, while my husband preferred the sriracha aioli. The calamari was cooked perfectly, not too much breading and very tender, not overcooked. For my entree, I had the "famous" bouillabaisse, which I found way too salty. My husband had tenderloin medallions, which were delicious! Our server was excellent, very attentive and picked up on the fact that we were celebrating our anniversary without us saving so. I will come again, but next time I'll skip the bouillabaisse.Special Features:
- Pier W was not up to snuffPreviousmitchellfanDined on 9/14/2014It is a tradition for us to eat at Pier W when I visit Cleveland. The view is beautiful and the food is generally excellent. This visit was a Sunday evening and disappointing. The food was not good, but the service was fine. The food tasted like Sunday brunch leftovers The vegetables were overcooked and looked like they had been reused from a brunch server. The "fresh" fish was prepared differently and again looked like it came from a brunch serving dish. I ordered the shrimp and crab. It tasted like the shrimp that was about to go bad and it was cold. Again, they may have used shrimp from a buffet and butterflied it and tossed some crab/breadcrumbs on top. However, the appetizers were good, but they were freshly made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrations!Love2eatDined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating two wedding anniversaries, our dear friends and ours. We wanted a special place to celebrate. We enjoyed the champagne brunch. Love the beautiful view and the brunch had a wide assortment of delicious food choices. Breakfast, seafood, prime rib and a wide assortment of desserts. Our waiter was friendly but kept a low profile (what we like). All in all a great celebration. Highly recommend. Just a bit pricey ($80 for two.)Special Features:
- Always memorabledks1Dined on 9/14/2014This was another great brunch experience. All of the food was exceptional, especially the eggs benedict and salmon. The only low point was that the bacon was all cooked and stuck together in the steamer - no way you could take one slice without getting seventeen others at the same time. The piano guy was really good, and the complimentary glass of champagne much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMudge416Dined on 9/13/2014Took my husband here for our 1st anniversary and he was blown away! We had an amazing view, the staff was awesome and the food was great! They even surprised us with desert on the house with a happy anniversary engraved piece of choclate on top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion-worthyLuv2dine2Dined on 9/13/2014We came here for our anniversary, and it was a great choice! We ended up with window seating, which you cannot reserve ahead of time. Our server was very attentive, and did not rush us. We wanted to relax and savor the experience, and we did!!! There was a piano player in the base area, who did a very nice job. The food was very good, and the portions were just right. Their wine selection was very nice. I would definitely recommend dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticMicheleDined on 9/13/2014Everything was fantastic! The food, service, atmosphere, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerHappyDined on 9/12/2014Been here a couple times now and it is always a delicious meal and great experience.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Good food, nice window view of downtown Cleveland, live piano happy hour, quick and good serviceSpecial Features:
- czpumpkinDined on 9/12/2014We have requested a window seating the last five times we were there and our request was never granted. We were disappointed. No one came around to see if we were happy with our meal or our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Choice a Good One!stamandVIPDined on 9/12/2014Amos was our server and did a wonderful job and is very personable as well as professional. We started with the Chopped Salad and Chowder which was enjoyable. I had the Tenderloin Medallions which were just a bit to salty for my taste (but I am a sparingly salt user) and my husband enjoyed his Shrimp Scallop Pasta. Our dinner was accompanied by Domaine Chandon Chardonnay which paired nicely. We got to sit on a side window table and watch the waves lap along the shore. The bar was hopping and unfortunately we couldn't get a table for a nightcap. The pianist played a wide selection of songs that complimented the evening.Special Features:
- Still goodMarie22Dined on 9/10/2014After all these years it's still a nice place for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out!!ourniteoutDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I had a great meal, great view of downtown Cleveland, and a great waitress to help us with our selections! We will be returning to this wonderful gem on the lake! Thanks for a great anniversary treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMaryDined on 9/9/2014A beautiful way to spend my birthday. Everything was excellentSpecial Features:
- jamesDined on 9/9/2014Very disappointed in the service and the managment. My wife and I had 2 guests for dinner. The server brought 3 dinners and omitted one. When we finally attracted the wait-person's attention she said she had neglected to put in the fourth order. I did not have a stop watch but we must have waited 30-40 minutes until the fourth dinner arrived. The manager (I suppose that is who he was) stopped by and said he was sorry and she (the guest missing dinner while we all waited) could have a free dessert and then left--total time --2 minutes of his very precious time. This has always been a special place for us. Most of the staff acted like robots talking into their little ear phones. TOO BAD!Special Features:
- 64th anniversarynotsatisfactoryDined on 9/9/2014To make this a special, romantic occasion we chose Pier W for a delicious seafood dinner. Our meals were distinctly unremarkable. As a matter of fact they were quite plain in appearance & taste. To keep the occasion happy, we did not complain as we felt it was edible even thou far from enjoyable. It definitely was not fine dining! We could have had a much better experience at a neighborhood restaurant or at home.Special Features:
- Restaurant on the lakeSallyDined on 9/9/2014Pier W has been around a long time in Cleveland. The management has improved many things but one they continue to fail to improve is the service. The food is exceptional. Would definitely return but be aware that the service leaves a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Raw1Dined on 9/8/2014Always A great experience. Very consistent. View is outstanding and good is matching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceclevelanderDined on 9/8/2014I love Pier W and have celebrated many special occasions there. It is a classic. Their Sunday brunch is marvelous. You can't beat the view and the food is always good. The staff is well trained and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant and take out-of-town guests there to experience Cleveland' at its best.Special Features:
- When you want the bestQuasimodoDined on 9/8/2014For us (wife and I) Pier W is a special occasion celebration venue for dinner, impeccable and attentive service, and an intoxicating view. The food is well prepared and presented. Libations are perfect. What more can I say? I'll have to wait for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014I was a little disappointed in their brunch for how much we paid. I have been there for dinner a few times and it was wonderful . So yourself a favor and spend your money on one of their fantastic dinner itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the Vegetable EntreeCLEfoodieDined on 9/6/2014The Vegetarian Sampler was incredible! The Japanese Eggplant was perfect, as was the sauteed Swiss Chard. The sweet marinara was delicious. This dish was one of the best vegetarian entrees I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great dinner, wine, atmosphere. Server and sommelierSpecial Features:
- Vice PresidentShooterDined on 9/5/2014Two visits in 7 months. At both visits, one on my party ordered the 7 OZ. Filet. Both times ordered Medium. Both times came out very rare!! Returned and over done. I guess the Chef can not do meat at lunch time! Yes Pier W was busy with a bus load of people. But not an excuse! Add an another choise in "Would you recommend Pier W to a friend?" Add MAYBESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014I really enjoyed my birthday lunch here. Creme brûlée was the best I've ever had. Fantastic appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionpartyof4VIPDined on 9/1/2014It had been seven years since we were there, the food was tasty, the service was excellent, I thought the menu was overpriced. We may return one day but it won't be any time soon. We have been members of opentable for awhile, but Pier W is higher than other upper scale restaurants we have dined at. But for the service and food I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great locationBVTimDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at Pier W - excellent choice. Everything we ate was exceptional (best Cod I've ever had), the service was wonderful, and the views of downtown Cross the lake were lovely. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, better foodGrendelDined on 8/31/2014I never knew there was such a great view of the Cleveland skyline. As great as the view the food may have even been better. My tuna was spectacular and the black cod fish tacos may be the best fish tacos I have ever had. Our waitress Beth was wonderful. Go for the view and and stay for the food and service.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I visited for another anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was great and the food was great too. We loved the view at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchRoSample828Dined on 8/31/2014this was my first time dining at this restaurant, and I must say it was a great experience. the atmosphere was great, food excellent and service terrific. I'm so excited to return back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special celebration place30thanniversarycoupleDined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary two days ago at the Sunday brunch. We arrived prior to our 9:30 AM time to get a window table which we did enjoy. It is pricey at $38.00 a person, so for us it is only for the utmost of celebrations. Too expensive to go as a family. The food and service were top notch.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014I had a great time celebrating my boyfriend's 34th birthday at Pier W. I asked for special decor when making reservations online. Even though that didn't happen, we received window seating. The food was outstanding! The service was professional and prompt. I would definitely go again! It's not a romantic setting however the dining experience will keep me coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Bob60Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, outstanding service made for a perfect eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is not good.ChipDined on 8/29/2014The fish was too sweet and the waiter was in a big hurry to serve. The music could not be heard and when I put in a request, the piano player acknowledged it and then just walked away never to come back. Not even an apology that he was not going to come back and play or not play at all. We requested a window table and were prepared to wait but were given a table right next to the wall with literally no view. Last time at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful scenery & delicious foodnbeckwDined on 8/29/2014The setting is right on the water with a perfect view of downtown Cleveland which is picture worthy when the weather cooperates. We first ordered the oysters which tasted fresh and were a good size. We then shared the lobster bisque and clam chowder. Both were savory, but the clam chowder wins. Next we each ordered a simply prepared walleye or perch because they are caught locally. They were beyond delicious. One friend did order his prepared "lightly battered" which truly was lightly battered and was far from heavily breaded and deep fried. If you enjoy seafood and a comfortable yet sophisticated atmosphere I highly, highly recommend Pier W!Special Features:
- Good dinnerREP2Dined on 8/28/2014Took my Mom out for her birthday at Pier W. Food was good, drinks were good, wine list also good. Sara was our server and she was outstanding! Sat near the glass and the views is the best on the west side.Special Features:
- Great except for hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014The whole experience once we were seated was great. The waitress and hosts were attentive, friendly, and made great recommendations. The food was very good and there was an appropriate space between delivering the appetizer, main course, and dessert. The hostess at the entrance however was not friendly and snooty. We entered without a reservation and were told that there would be an hour wait for a table. We proceeded to the bar and I opened the open table app, made a reservation for a half hour wait. When I went back up saying I had a reservation I was given a dirty look. Hostess was not friendly. Other than that the evening was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food and service were very good. I was disappointed in the seating arrangements. When I booked the appointment I explained that I would like a window seat. The reason why is because that is where I proposed to my wife 41 years ago. I'm sure I made the reservation early enough to have my request granted. The waiter was excellent and did every thing he could to make the meal perfect. The only thing I would recommend would be to make the patio nicer so people would want to sit out there and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Pier WCastnetterDined on 8/25/2014A Monday evening dinner with friends at Pier W was a most wonderful experience. Nice Lake Erie view of downtown Cleveland, an active ambiance and good reasonably priced food, well presented. A place to keep coming back to.Special Features: