701 Piermont Avenue
Piermont, NY 10968Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pier701ny.com/
- Phone: 8458482550x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French American
- Executive Chef: Denis Whitton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater At Our Place
From a small family gathering, your company’s holiday party, and even weddings, our two inside dining rooms, inside bar, and back deck are the perfect place to host your next event! We offer Lunch, Brunch & Dinner packages, both Buffet and ala Carte, as well as Open Bar and Hors d’Oeuvres packages.
Cater At Your Place
Pick Up, Delivery, and Full Set-ups are available for every occasion, as well as the option of service throughout your entire event.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Friday & Saturday
A word from Pier 701
Pier 701 is a newly opened, riverfront restaurant with an eclectic French-American menu. We are open year round, and are proud to offer Piermont's biggest selection of seafood with the best views in town!Continued
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Pier 701 - Best Restaurants in Piermont ›
Pier 701 reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (92)great for outdoor dining (89)good for groups (38)great for lunch (36)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (27)romantic (22)hot spot (20)fit for foodies (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Could Be BettermissbennettDined on 10/19/2014The main dining area was crowded and the noise level was quite high. We would have had to shout to be heard at our table. Fortunately there was another room that was empty and we were seated there. The service couldn't have been better. All four at our table ordered one of the specials , sliced roast pig with sides that sounded wonderful, but what arrived was pulled pork, rather tasteless. When questioned, the server said he was sorry that he did say sliced roast pig, but this was how it was being served. He brought some barbecue sauce that helped a little but I felt we were being served the leftovers of the special of the day and it should never have been offered. We were served wonderful desserts gratis as an apology.Special Features:
- Great view, great menu!LindalouVIPDined on 10/19/2014I loved the chilled lobster salad and my husband really enjoyed the Sunday night roast pork. We were a party of 6 and was accomadated when I requested a round table. Server was very pleasant.Special Features:
- FabuloustcarrDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary & it was lovely. Service was exceptional. Food was excellent. The anchovy oil served with the bread is a wonderful surprise! For the cost, this restaurant hit all the right notes and then some. I can't wait to go back in warmer weather to enjoy the outside dining. It was still a beautiful night and the outdoor bar was open. Lighting was perfect and there was a band. This was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a beautiful girl with no brainDanKVIPDined on 9/27/2014First the good... Beautiful view of Hudson and beach like setting. Now the bad...had reservations for 8:30, sat at 9:10( no comps), food was " bar like", and service was abysmal. Go there for a drink, enjoy the view, and eat somewhere else before you go.Special Features:
- Great Timecoral27Dined on 9/27/2014went with my family, sat outside, beautiful day, excellent service, great food ****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Service was lack luster. But food and ambiance was good. I anticipated it to be a little more upscale however it was casual. I also figured that since I made a reservation through open table I would have received a good server. However I reviewed a new staff member with little to no knowledge of the menu. Overall though it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladie's NightcesgDined on 9/11/2014We came here when it was the Lighthouse. We love the improvements. Wonderful outdoor riverfront dining. The specialty drinks were fantastic. Muscles and cheese fondue apps were delicious. The halibut and salmon dishes were generous and tasty. A couple of ladies ordered the pasta special with chorizo. It was a bit too spicy but still good. The staff was very attentive and friendly. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- View not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Food below average - wouldnt go back but the views of the Hudson are great if you can sit outside.Special Features:
- joyfulDined on 9/8/2014This is a great place to meet friends. and business associates. Ambiance is pleasing. Service is great- you get the feeling that the staff members really care about customer satisfaction. I hope there is a level of success that encourages the owners to keep this place open- for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view but unfriendly stafflove2dineDined on 9/7/2014I live in the area and come to the restaurant often with friends and family. The only disappointment I regularly experience is the uptight unfriendly staff. With the exception of 1 or maybe even 2 waiters the majority are not friendly and seem to be angry. I have never seen a happy hostess. If it wasn't for the view I would not come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sultry LunchJanetDined on 9/2/2014A friend and I met at Pier 701 for lunch on a hot and humid Tuesday, the first week in September It was just the perfect place for the day, it was hot and humid, sunny and we had a wonderful luch. The food was very good for the day and weather--watermelon salad!! Will be back again! Maybe for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View need workevebVIPDined on 9/1/2014Great view of the river and great location. Very pretty. But the food is lackluster, and although our waitress was very sweet, overall the service there is terrible. They have untrained kids working the door and they don't even know how to offer a proper greeting , a farewell or a thank you. The bartender takes forever to make a drink and my first Bloody Mary was completely watered down with a pound of ice. I told the waitress who did get the bar to produce a better second drink . In my opinion I should not have been charged for the first. But again that comed back to training the staff in customer service. At the moment so I can only recommend this place for the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good chowda, otherwise okayFeeshDined on 8/31/2014Clam chowder for $8 was more like NYC price (as were most menu items), but it was quite delicious. Other entrees were enjoyed but not lovedSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch on the HudsonluvsundaybrunchDined on 8/31/2014What a lovely spot! View is awesome and the food and service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free66Dined on 8/28/2014The view was outstanding and the food on the whole quite good. I found the service lacking. The waitress forgot a number of items, paid no regular visits to the table, and another employee came around our table to give loud instructions to workers at a table on another level of the deck. The professionalism of the wait staff needs great improvement. With that the food and location of Pier 701 will serve it well.Special Features:
- Food with a viewKid64Dined on 8/27/2014Good was good but service could have been better, very nice view of boats and bridge. Valet parking a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningMannyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a delicious meal while enjoying the great vista of the Hudson river at it's widest point. Service was very attentive. I plan to return here.Special Features:
- DelighfulBunnyVIPDined on 8/26/2014A beautiful summer day sitting on the deck facing the water and marina. Gorgeous.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/24/2014Beautiful day. Excellent food. Magnificent view. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Worth it!AnnieFDined on 8/24/2014The overall experience was wonderful. The food was delicious & our server was wonderful. Sitting outside made the day. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the setting...not the foodamosksDined on 8/18/2014We went for lunch and figured we would try this new spot. The patio is beautiful and overlooks the Hudson River. Breathtaking. The food and service- not so much. They were out of everything we ordered - beers, wines , apps . We finally lucked out with fish over salad. The salad came drenched in dressing and the fish was overdone and flavorless. I will go back for drinks on the patio but will not ware my time or money on this overpriced diner fare.Special Features:
- too busyhopeful2Dined on 8/17/2014first time visit - very busy, took awhile to order food, then the ticket was lost and we waited a very long time for our entrees - appreciated that the waitress was honest in telling us why the delay. My lobster salad was not worth the wait or the cost. a few claw pieces, dressing was bland, not much variety or taste in the greens. the clam chowder was excellent. My dining companions enjoyed the calamari, oysters and short ribs. Wine served in plastic cups :( Screaming children next to us and while playing in the sand moved a rock into the middle of the walkway and a waitress tripped over it but did not fall. I would like to try this place again on another evening and see if the experience is a calmer, more delicious one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Pier 701savtaDined on 8/17/2014We were sitted promptly. Service was good and friendly. Our waitress announced promptly that there were no pancakes and 2 other listings. Very disappointing. Food was mediocre. View magnificent. Would not recommend it enthusiastically.Special Features:
- The ViewMikeDined on 8/13/2014The patio overlooking the Hudson and the Tappan Zee Bridge is amazingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014The place is great, just make sure it doesn't rain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 star food at 5 star pricespeteDined on 8/11/2014Way overpriced for the quantity and quality of food they serve. Had surf and turf which consisted of 3 bite size pieces of steak with 3 pieces of scrap lobster meat on topSpecial Features:
- Beach on the HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014What a beautiful place! The outdoor dinning area is top notch! The deck is enormous and below it are tucked away beach umbrellas with Adirondack chairs that let you enjoy the view of the bridge and river all while having your drink in hand and toes in the sand! Took my father here for his 71st birthday and he was in seafood lovers paradise! The chowder was amazing, extensive drink menu and the surf and turf was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Viewrb3speaksDined on 8/10/2014Spectacular views, great outdoor seating and the food is very good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeKathyp329Dined on 8/10/2014The food and views are excellent!! We will definitely be going back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River view locationjersey111VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great spot for outdoor brunch and lunch, innovative salads, delicious egg dishes and sandwichesSpecial Features:
- It's the View, Stupidbensun8Dined on 7/31/2014No better outdoor restaurant, weather permitting, to have brunch, lunch, or dinner. You could be anywhere in the world. Sitting out on the expansive deck, looking out onto the majestic Hudson River as the moon comes up, ducks and geese paddling in the water, along with sailboats. Food very good, service attentive but not hovering. One could sit there forever. This restaurant, in its many owners and iterations through years, used to be inferior in most every way you can name; now, they've finally gotten it right. The challenge now for the owners is to lure us regulars inside during the winter.Special Features:
- best river dining in rocklandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014for all the rivertowns, this is the one restaurant we love that's truly on the Hudson river with great view, varied and creative menu offeringsSpecial Features:
- Pier 701 RestaurantScienceladyDined on 7/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was delicious, the view was fabulous, and the staff was friendly. We would certainly go there again!!!Special Features:
- A Near MissWanted2LuvItDined on 7/20/2014The staff was first rate and very accommodating. The valets were friendly and responsive. The ambience has a subtle elegance and the outdoor seating was very good, a little crowded but it was a spectacular evening weather wise so you can understand that. The food was a little bland, a little small in portion, not hot enough and expensive.Special Features:
- Eating outdoors in the rainfunnightsoutDined on 7/15/2014Happy that you have such a large awning which allowed us to enjoy our meal on the deck despite the rainy night. Each of the six of us had a different entree and all were very happy with our meals. Not the first time I've dined here and have had the same experience regardless of the number of people, time of day or day of the week. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on The HudsonMrEatsDined on 7/10/2014Good view of the Tappan Zee bridge and Hudson River. Gary the waiter is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrefoodieDined on 7/9/2014Great view,mediocre service and bland food. This wasn't what I was hoping to experience on a birthday outing. I was hoping previous reviews were an exaggeration, but alas they were not.
- ARFRDined on 7/6/2014Excellent service, excellent food, excellent ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders ?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2014Very nice view but I think this place is one of those water view traps. Ordered drinks and my wife's white wine was like warm. My straight up Martini was so watered down it was actually funny. We decided to order some small plates instead of a full dinner feeling if they couldn't make a drink they cant cook either. I have to say the food was pretty good! Upon leaving I noticed the Valet likes to pick their friends cars first rather than the line that forms. When i questioned this practice I was given a face and no reply. If management paid more attention to this restaurant it could become a winner. I don't think I'll return though.Special Features:
- nyfoodie1Dined on 7/4/2014Outside dining with a beautiful view. Pricey with small portions .Special Features: