701 Piermont Avenue
Piermont, NY 10968Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pier701ny.com/
- Phone: (845) 848-2550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French American
- Executive Chef: Denis Whitton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater At Our Place
From a small family gathering, your company’s holiday party, and even weddings, our two inside dining rooms, inside bar, and back deck are the perfect place to host your next event! We offer Lunch, Brunch & Dinner packages, both Buffet and ala Carte, as well as Open Bar and Hors d’Oeuvres packages.
Cater At Your Place
Pick Up, Delivery, and Full Set-ups are available for every occasion, as well as the option of service throughout your entire event.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Friday & Saturday
A word from Pier 701
Pier 701 is a newly opened, riverfront restaurant with an eclectic French-American menu. We are open year round, and are proud to offer Piermont's biggest selection of seafood with the best views in town!Continued
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Pier 701 - Best Restaurants in Piermont ›
Pier 701 reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (32)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (20)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)romantic (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Saturday night dinnerHKozDined on 6/7/2014We had dinner here on Saturday night for the first time. The view and outdoor seating did not dissapoint. We got a table right on the edge which was PERFECT!! The service was poor. The drinks took forever to come, when the appetizers came, mine did not come out with the others. I waited 15 minutes and had to pull the waitress over, finally she brought it. Everyone at my table was done by then. My brother asked for a glass of water 5 times before it was brought to him. The main course took awhile as well. The food was tasty, however, my husbands pasta dish was a very small portion for a main dish. I will probably return because of the view and the food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not greatLizavaliDined on 6/6/2014The girl was super nice but overwhelmed. We had apps before we have drinks. Then we ordered a bottle of champange and when we were done with dinner almost she said oh we dont have that. Very nice view but service was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Took some time to be seated...but food was prompt and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014this is my new favorite restaurant, I cant say enough about it, the girls in the front and the hostesses were very polite, even thou they had many rude customers hounding them, apparently they had rented out part of the restaurant to BMW and the wait for a table took a little longer than normal. our waiter Michael was amazing he was so nice, always coming around and asking if we needed anything even thou the place was packed we felt like we were his only table. the food was amazing we had, oysters and octopus and mussels I could go on and on, all in all its a great place, so great we are going again tonight, we know whats good, I am Portuguese and hubby Egyptian we both love seafood and this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but over bookedTDIVDined on 6/6/2014Hostesses were not prepared for the crowd. We had a reservation and had to beg to be seated 60-90 minutes after our reservation time. Outdoor bar and bar tender were fantastic.Special Features:
- amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014we come just because, we come for special occasions, the food is wonderful the service is outstanding, and of course the view is spectacular. We will continue to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!BrenVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were not satisfied with the food portions. My husband had linguine with clam sauce and 3 clams. This was a dinner portion. It was so small that we thought the waiter gave us a 1/2 portion. This is a dinner for $24.00. Ripoff. The mgr came over to our table and he said he would talk to the chef. Not a very diplomatic response when we expressed our dissatisfaction. He walked away. We won't go back.Special Features:
- pier 701legend43Dined on 6/1/2014Food,service and especially view very good.but parking was a problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Food and service was terrific! Our waiter offered entree suggestions that we were very pleased with. Will definately come back!!Special Features:
- KK2ndDined on 5/31/2014You must sit outside in nice weather. Sitting outside and having a drink is the best part of 701. The staff is unprofessional. The food average and unimaginative. Nothing special. Sitting inside is not worth it.Special Features:
- Perfect for many!Thankyou1234Dined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious. Usually you expect mediocre food, noting that you "pay for the view". Food was fantastic, with healthy, delicacies offered. Make reservations to specify water front table! Valet parking was a plus, the only downside was the horrible cup of cappuccino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was horibbleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014We were setted and drink order taken but no one returned for 20 min. Asked for drizzle on app. to be put on side, didn't happen. Given no silverware or steak knife for my meal and was quite a long time before I could flag down a waiter to be able to eat. Husbands meal was so dry and untasty couldn't eat. waited for a second drink which arrived after we were done eating. service poor food poor and Cost expensive!!!!!~!!!!Special Features:
- Not worth the viewDine14Dined on 5/31/2014Great view on the deck. After that, it was downhill. Service was very slow. We were near a table where children were allowed to run free and kept running into our table. We asked to be moved as kids wil be kids when they are not supervised. We were told once you are seated you cannot move. We could move, we left and will not be returning.Special Features:
- RelaxingDebbieBDined on 5/31/2014The stress just melts off you as your seated looking at a great view. The food was excellent and the Brazilian octopus? Was worth every penny. I could eat a whole meal of that appetizer! We were two couples and we agreed to skip the next restaurant on our list and return here instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't click!!!!FoodieSKJDined on 5/30/2014When we initially arrived at the restaurant, the young, giggly, hostesses informed us that even though we had a reservation and the restaurant was not full. While some of the food was very good, the service was spotty even though we had a very nice waiter. The problem was that there was not enough wait staff to accommodate the number of diners and the wait staff was not well trained. For example, when the entrees were cleared, no one cleared the debris from the table prior to serving dessert. Without a professionally trained staff, the restaurant does not warrant the high prices of the food. We will not be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- E for EffortclintonstevensonDined on 5/29/2014The food was acceptable, but desert selections were limited and the service was amateurish. Still I would give it an E for effort.Special Features:
- the food was great and drinks alsokarenDined on 5/28/2014We missed the dip the was served with the bread. Lamp chops would be a plus too..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 5/27/2014Pasta was supposed to be Fra diavolo. It came with a brown sauce. We were then told it was a white wine sauce. It sure wasn't but it still had a nice taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location. Very poor serviceDinner4FiveVIPDined on 5/26/2014We were very impressed with the location. Sat out back by the river with phenomenal views. We waited ten minutes at our table and finally had to ask for a server. Service did not improve from there. Also, they were out of every dish we wanted. (4 total) and claimed to have never had the octopus entree that is on their open table menu. Order a mojito, it was so undrinkable we sent it back. Overall very disappointing.
- Disappointed DinerFrankBDined on 5/25/2014The location of this restaurant with outdoor seating by the river is gorgeous. It is unfortunate that the owner did not bring the chef from the original Harvest Restaurant. I had the surf and turf, the Lobster was a very small portion, the 3 medallions of filet were tasteless. My wife had Fettucine fra diablo that was too spicy for her to eat.Special Features:
- great view and food!OlgaZVIPDined on 5/25/2014The Outdoor terrace is just on the Hudson River overlooking Tappan Zee Bridge. Great bar and foods! The dining rooms are big and good for big companies. Definitely recommend! Chilled Maine Lobster Salad was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Surprised!jconDined on 5/25/2014I had a outdoor reservation for 7pm on Saturday, when I go there noone greeted us and had to wait for someone to help. They said it would be a 15 minute wait, after i expressed to them that I had a 7pm reservation? I was told that there are no outdoor reservations? I said that not was told to me on the phone, I specficically asked for outside and I was told no problem. Then, they said just check in with us in 10 minutes? Shouldnt they come to me since I did make reservations? The bar tenders and waiters were arguing lol while I was waiting for my reserved table at the bar? It really did get a little comical. Needs better service and processes in place. Great Food and view, so great job to the chefSpecial Features:
- Pier 701-AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014This place is beautiful on the Hudson River. The food was very good, service was excellent. It was crowded and busy but the servers were attentive, the food was hot and on time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Server was capable, food was adaquate. It was a lovely evening, however it did not blow my socks off. The view of the river is dynamite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Union2016Dined on 5/24/2014Service started out iffy but got significantly better. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This is the second time I have been there and both times our bill was incorrect. Good thing we looked since it was over $60! I never thought that would happen a second time but it did. I don't plan on going back nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablelike2dineDined on 5/18/2014We went with a group of five women to celebrate a special occasion. There was initially confusion about the reservation with the hostess as to who had arrived and some were at the table and some were at the bar, but not a big issue. We ordered several appetizers, cocktails, main course and desserts. Food and service were all very good, we were all happy with our orders, although we thought the appetizers were too pricey. We also did have to ask several times though to close the doors to the outside patio as it was very cold in the restaurant. Large outdoor patio and bar right on the Hudson. Can't wait to go back when the weather is a little warmer for drinks and I hope the add some additional apps.Special Features:
- Exceptional Service!!MattsMomDined on 5/18/2014We brought our entire family, including our son with autism, to a Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday. The staff was amazing - accommodating our request for a quiet table. In fact, they opened up a private room so that we could eat in comfort without disturbing anyone else. The food was pleasant, but it tasted even better given the kindness and consideration we were shown. Beautiful setting with amazing views of the Hudson River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookiemonsterDined on 5/17/2014We went with a party of four on a Saturday evening. The service was great: valet parking, very friendy waitor (Patrick) without being pushy and the view is just marvelous. Too bad the food is not at the same level: all of our dishes were (a bit below) okay, but not in line with the rest of the experience. If they would just improve the quality of the food (meat), then it will truly be a restaurant I would recommend to my friends. We will certainly be back, but probably just to enjoy the scenery with some drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- Not that impressedReviewer1Dined on 5/16/2014We were really looking forward to dinner at this place. The location is amazing, but I hoped the food was also as good as its views. The food was average, especially based on the prices they charged. The service was also average, I would have expected better service at a place like this. If we do go back it will be for drinks at the Tiki-bar outside during the summer to enjoy the views of the Hudson river.Special Features:
- Mother's DayNessDined on 5/11/2014Dined here for Mother's Day dinner. Prix Fix menu ..food was delicious. They were extremely busy but handled the massive groups of people very well.Special Features:
- Great potentialHypnofoodieDined on 5/3/2014We dined at Pier 701 this Saturday evening. We had a slightly bumpy start to our evening when we were plonked down at a table right next to an open door on a windy night with rain approaching. I turned around to ask to be reseated but the Maitre D had already run off. I had to track him down back at the front desk but on request the doors to the outside deck were closed and we got on with our dinner. The wait staff where friendly although our original waitress who took our drinks order then disappeared and a new one came and asked again for our drinks order. Once this service change was over things went smoothly. The food was above expectations with real finesse to dressings. I would have liked more vegetable side offerings! Great view...Special Features:
- First Date SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014When I was looking for a half way point between NJ and NY, on what we called "This Side of the GW," it was a no-brainer to pick Pier 701. I have always loved the old light house, and on my way to the date, I forgot that with wearing heels, the gravel lot would be a problem. When I arrived I was pleasently surprised to see that not only have you guys paved the parking lot, but you had replaced the wooden broken ramp, with a new one. The waiter quickly accomidated me when I asked if I could sit on the deck, with a view of the water. Not only was the waiter informative of the menu, he suggested that I try my dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives!!! I will now forever request such a martini. FIVE STARS all around!!!Special Features:
- Celebration LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014We totally enjoyed the food and the ambiance of the restaurant. Even though it was raining outside, we were able to look out and see the water and the Tappan Zee Bridge. The waiter was exceptional and entertaining! The food presentation was beautiful. There were 12 of us and we didn't feel rushed and they let us sit there by the fireplace for as long as we wanted to. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Good Findlike2eatoutDined on 4/26/2014We went with another couple to Pier 701 for dinner on Saturday night. The staff was very accommodating, and the view was wonderful. We each had a different entree and all enjoyed our dinners, the food was well prepared and nicely presented. A large party came in and sat near us which made it too loud, prior to their arrival, it was noisy but not obtrusively so. I look forward to returning to Pier 701.Special Features:
- Friday EveningLizzyGDined on 4/25/2014I had a wonderful dining experience. The service from the waiter Peter was great, he was witty, friendly responsive and recommended great choices. The food was excellent. This is one of my favorite spots. The highlight of the evening was the surprise band that was there. The Slippery Chickens, what a awesome night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First aPIERrance 701 reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Food and service was very good. Tables were a bit close together. We sat at a table in the corner, which did feel like we were cornered in! Otherwise, experience was pleasant. Smaller room in back with fireplace looked cozy. Will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- You will love Pier 701AC127Dined on 4/20/2014Everything about this place is beautiful. The interior. The deck on the river. The food. The mindful service. The happy vibe. It's my go-to place any season for brunch and any kind of get-together. They always make me glad to be there. They treat my Mom, who's on a cane, like royalty. I'll be going back again soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic Riverside EateryaleriverDined on 4/20/2014"I love the elegant but relaxed feel of this place – on a nice day I can spend the whole day on its outdoor patio sipping wine enjoying views of the Hudson. Delicious dishes very well prepared with great presentation and a bit of a french twist. I have not had a bad meal here. Very friendly service. It has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants. Try their Bloody Mary -- nice spice with an even better kick! Various dining events are available year around as well make it a fun place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant brunch the staff was very friendly including the young men at the valet service. Food was delicious - I would definitely go back and recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features: