701 Piermont Avenue
Piermont, NY 10968Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pier701ny.com/
- Phone: 8458482550x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French American
- Executive Chef: Denis Whitton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater At Our Place
From a small family gathering, your company’s holiday party, and even weddings, our two inside dining rooms, inside bar, and back deck are the perfect place to host your next event! We offer Lunch, Brunch & Dinner packages, both Buffet and ala Carte, as well as Open Bar and Hors d’Oeuvres packages.
Cater At Your Place
Pick Up, Delivery, and Full Set-ups are available for every occasion, as well as the option of service throughout your entire event.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Friday & Saturday
A word from Pier 701
Pier 701 is a newly opened, riverfront restaurant with an eclectic French-American menu. We are open year round, and are proud to offer Piermont's biggest selection of seafood with the best views in town!Continued
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Not hungry? Come join us for a drink at our tiki bar outside!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pier 701 - Best Restaurants in Piermont ›
Pier 701 reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (135)great for outdoor dining (132)special occasion (49)good for groups (48)great for lunch (46)vibrant bar scene (46)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (40)romantic (35)hot spot (33)fit for foodies (29)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (14)notable wine list (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Beautiful day. Excellent food. Magnificent view. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The overall experience was wonderful. The food was delicious & our server was wonderful. Sitting outside made the day. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the setting...not the foodamosksDined on 8/18/2014We went for lunch and figured we would try this new spot. The patio is beautiful and overlooks the Hudson River. Breathtaking. The food and service- not so much. They were out of everything we ordered - beers, wines , apps . We finally lucked out with fish over salad. The salad came drenched in dressing and the fish was overdone and flavorless. I will go back for drinks on the patio but will not ware my time or money on this overpriced diner fare.Special Features:
- too busyhopeful2Dined on 8/17/2014first time visit - very busy, took awhile to order food, then the ticket was lost and we waited a very long time for our entrees - appreciated that the waitress was honest in telling us why the delay. My lobster salad was not worth the wait or the cost. a few claw pieces, dressing was bland, not much variety or taste in the greens. the clam chowder was excellent. My dining companions enjoyed the calamari, oysters and short ribs. Wine served in plastic cups :( Screaming children next to us and while playing in the sand moved a rock into the middle of the walkway and a waitress tripped over it but did not fall. I would like to try this place again on another evening and see if the experience is a calmer, more delicious one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Pier 701savtaDined on 8/17/2014We were sitted promptly. Service was good and friendly. Our waitress announced promptly that there were no pancakes and 2 other listings. Very disappointing. Food was mediocre. View magnificent. Would not recommend it enthusiastically.Special Features:
- The ViewMikeDined on 8/13/2014The patio overlooking the Hudson and the Tappan Zee Bridge is amazingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014The place is great, just make sure it doesn't rain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 star food at 5 star pricespeteDined on 8/11/2014Way overpriced for the quantity and quality of food they serve. Had surf and turf which consisted of 3 bite size pieces of steak with 3 pieces of scrap lobster meat on topSpecial Features:
- Spectacular Viewrb3speaksDined on 8/10/2014Spectacular views, great outdoor seating and the food is very good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeKathyp329Dined on 8/10/2014The food and views are excellent!! We will definitely be going back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River view locationjersey111VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great spot for outdoor brunch and lunch, innovative salads, delicious egg dishes and sandwichesSpecial Features:
- It's the View, Stupidbensun8Dined on 7/31/2014No better outdoor restaurant, weather permitting, to have brunch, lunch, or dinner. You could be anywhere in the world. Sitting out on the expansive deck, looking out onto the majestic Hudson River as the moon comes up, ducks and geese paddling in the water, along with sailboats. Food very good, service attentive but not hovering. One could sit there forever. This restaurant, in its many owners and iterations through years, used to be inferior in most every way you can name; now, they've finally gotten it right. The challenge now for the owners is to lure us regulars inside during the winter.Special Features:
- Pier 701 RestaurantScienceladyDined on 7/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was delicious, the view was fabulous, and the staff was friendly. We would certainly go there again!!!Special Features:
- A Near MissWanted2LuvItDined on 7/20/2014The staff was first rate and very accommodating. The valets were friendly and responsive. The ambience has a subtle elegance and the outdoor seating was very good, a little crowded but it was a spectacular evening weather wise so you can understand that. The food was a little bland, a little small in portion, not hot enough and expensive.Special Features:
- Eating outdoors in the rainfunnightsoutDined on 7/15/2014Happy that you have such a large awning which allowed us to enjoy our meal on the deck despite the rainy night. Each of the six of us had a different entree and all were very happy with our meals. Not the first time I've dined here and have had the same experience regardless of the number of people, time of day or day of the week. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on The HudsonMrEatsDined on 7/10/2014Good view of the Tappan Zee bridge and Hudson River. Gary the waiter is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Great view,mediocre service and bland food. This wasn't what I was hoping to experience on a birthday outing. I was hoping previous reviews were an exaggeration, but alas they were not.
- ARFRDined on 7/6/2014Excellent service, excellent food, excellent ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders ?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2014Very nice view but I think this place is one of those water view traps. Ordered drinks and my wife's white wine was like warm. My straight up Martini was so watered down it was actually funny. We decided to order some small plates instead of a full dinner feeling if they couldn't make a drink they cant cook either. I have to say the food was pretty good! Upon leaving I noticed the Valet likes to pick their friends cars first rather than the line that forms. When i questioned this practice I was given a face and no reply. If management paid more attention to this restaurant it could become a winner. I don't think I'll return though.Special Features:
- nyfoodie1Dined on 7/4/2014Outside dining with a beautiful view. Pricey with small portions .Special Features:
- Only the view ratesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014The outdoor experience is undeniable and the views are incredible but the dining experience is below par and feels inexperienced. From the expensive drinks served in beer glasses to the cold food served to less than professional manager. Since it is the new outdoor place in town it will have a great 2014 summer season but the saying remains true that what goes up, must go down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJZ1030Dined on 6/30/2014Good food, beautiful scenery! Octopus app was outstanding. Branzino & tuna was amazingSpecial Features:
- Bigmama4Dined on 6/30/2014It was so beautiful sitting on the water we were so happy with our choice till food arrived. Since the menu had a lot of fish options we ordered fish expecting great things. So sorry to say we were disappointed. It was my moms birthday so we wanted to make it special. Would not mind spending the extra money on nice place with good food but have had better food at local dinner for quarter the price.Special Features:
- Perfect sailing day on the HudsonKathyOVIPDined on 6/30/2014A warm breeze, lobster salad and an icy cold Sauvignon Blanc. Not many tables were booked for lunch, the service was good. The lobster salad could have been better, there was no dressing on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good2goDined on 6/29/2014Great spot for outside dining on a warm beautiful evening! Lots of fun. We found the waitress friendly, sweet and there whenever we needed her. Although we were not there to do a bar scene, we certainly noted that it was hopping! We had a light bite, but whatever we had was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!JerseyDinerDined on 6/29/2014This restaurant has a wonderful view of the Hudson River. The food and service have greatly improved this year, making this a fabulous place to dine on a summer day.Special Features:
- Only thing decent was the view!Dine3Dined on 6/27/2014Poorly run place! Service and food were horrible. When we arrived we were told we had a 45 min. wait and that was with a reservation. What's the point of a reservation!Special Features:
- View fabulous but eat elsewhereRivaVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is our third time here since the new owners and rebuilding the outdoors after "sandy". We kept on wanting it to work because it's so beautiful. Drinks are good and bar is fun. But reservation was an hour late seating us, service slow, and quality of food poor. Will not return for dinner only for drnks, dining elsewhere.Special Features:
- On the WaterfrontSpringDined on 6/27/2014Outdoor dining on the Hudson River with an unobstructed view of The Tappan Zee Bridge! Wonderful, but the experience was just getting started. Pier 701 has a great vibe. The crowd was having so much fun and the menu was terrific. The service was very accommodating and efficient. The views of the Hudson River, boats and "The Tap" got better as night fell over the scene. I love this restaurant and we will return to enjoy the live music that was just warming up when we were leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avg food. Poor service. Great view!rocklandfoodieDined on 6/25/2014You go here JUST for the view. Nothing more. The food was good but average. Clearly there was a shortage of wait staff. My server was excellent but she couldn't and shouldn't handle all the tables she had. So if you want a breath taking view of the Hudson and TZ bridge, it's a must...and honestly there are no other places in Piermont for a view. Pier 701 has that as an advantage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectations!GoldenDiningDined on 6/25/2014It would have been just okay if I was not served swordfish that looked like it was cut on a mandolin! Have never been served such a terrible swordfish steak, even in the chain restaurants. I did not feel it was particularly fresh either so when the waitress asked how it was I told her. She said she would tell the manager. He never came to our table, although I did see him go to two other tables and take food back. The menu said swordfish with Israeli couscous (which I love) and a fruit salad. What I got was a sliver of swordfish, an arugula salad with one strawberry cut in half, and some couscous drizzled on top.......what nerve they had serving something that did not come close to what was anticipated. Anyway, would not ever go back.Special Features:
- Nothappy123Dined on 6/23/2014The food wasn't what I expected from a pricey menu, the soup wasn't that hot and served in a shallow bowl and the main course wasn't hot and for the price it looked like appetizer. The waiter looked like it was his first day. but the view and the drinks were worth it. Would I come back, maybe to try the lunch menu, but not for diner.nSpecial Features:
- Amazing Piña Colada!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014The food is mediocre. Great, service, drinks an setting. Pasta dish was I edible because so spicy.Special Features:
- Really loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Had a great lunch the first time we tried it. Dinner the second time was fabulous! Can not wait to go back!Special Features:
- Breathtaking view!JATSDined on 6/22/2014Dining outdoors overlooking the majestic Hudson River made this the spot to be in Piermont, NY. The food was very good and the view spectacular! Look forwardSpecial Features:
- Stellar viewJennVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had brunch here on Sunday and they were completely unprepared for thier 11:30am opening time. it was a little chaotic, perhaps because there was some sort of shower going on in one of the rooms, but still that seems crazy because they really have a ton of staff around the restaurant. Perhaps a visit from Robert Irvine or Gordon Ramsay to whip them into shape is in order..lol ..Once we were seated on the deck it was good - you can't really mess up an omlette or eggs for brunch..the view is fantastic, perhaps the best part of the venue.Special Features:
- Richard@RichardSkipper.comRichardSkipperDined on 6/20/2014Thanks for a great night!GREAT STAFF! Great Ambiance!! Great menu!!! Great view!!!!Special Features:
- loverocklanddiningDined on 6/20/2014Loved the ambiance....great bar and appetizers. View is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting on the HudsonNurseBeckyDined on 6/20/2014Had a lovely evening, as usual at Pier 701. The setting on the Hudson cannot be beat! A few minutes from home and I feel like I'm on vacation. Always great, cordial service. I ordered the skirt steak this time. Not great, a little tough. I will stick to the fish dishes which are always good. Here the food is secondary, it's all about that great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotAckwomanDined on 6/19/2014The food was good but better on my last visit as well as the service. It could be better as we were waiting. Would like to book a larger party, but not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.