PIER 7 restaurant + bar - 'Shipyard Square' North Vancouver
25 Wallace Mews
North Vancouver, BC V7L 0B9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
PIER 7 restaurant + bar - 'Shipyard Square' North Vancouver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pierseven.ca/
- Phone: 6049297437x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Lounge Menu - available all day
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mike Mikoda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Description All catering inquiries should be forwarded to our Management team. The PIER 7 Team will make the quote based on the size of your event. Chef Dino and his team will provide a well executed event with world class fare for corporate functions, weddings, birthday celebrations, & private engagements.
- Private Party Facilities: Our 2nd floor dining room is ideal for private events and provides the best views of the Vancouver cityscape. The main dining room and lounge can also be rented exclusively for your group, along with our 2 fantastic patio seating areas. Please contact our General Manager to discuss the details of your contract.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Atkins 6049297437x
- Entertainment: The atmosphere is lively with the bustling harbour of float planes, fleets of tug boats & ships navigating by. Shipyard Square has a summer series of entertainers, live music, and evening markets.
- Cross Street: VICTORY SHIP WAY
- Public Transit: Lonsdale Quay Transit Loop & Sea Bus Terminal are steps away from PIER 7 restaurant + bar.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available right on the Pier. Several public lots and street parking are adjacent to PIER 7 restaurant + bar as well. If you are staying at the Pinnacle at the Pier Hotel, we are a 1 minute walk across the square.
A word from PIER 7 restaurant + bar - 'Shipyard Square' North Vancouver
With 180° views of Vancouver, from the bustling Port to the green belt of Stanley Park, no other restaurant in North Vancouver gets you this close to the water. PIER 7 is built on the boardwalk of the historic Victory Shipyards in the revitalized waterfront of the Lonsdale Quay area. The restaurant is open 7 days a week for lunch, brunch, and dinner, with ocean view dining on two levels and outdoor dining featuring a fireplace and comfortable seating on two patios. The menu is seafood focused, with an emphasis on boat-to-table choices, and seasonal offerings of meat and poultry. The lively bar area is a favourite stop after work for professionals coming home on the nearby Sea Bus and the burgeoning ship building industry adjacent to the pier. We look forward to welcoming you to the North Shore’s newest neighborhood restaurant and lounge built in the most historically significant area of North Vancouver. See you at PIER 7 soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
PIER 7 restaurant + bar - 'Shipyard Square' North Vancouver - Best Restaurants in North Vancouver ›
PIER 7 restaurant + bar - 'Shipyard Square' North Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)great for outdoor dining (68)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (33)great for lunch (30)romantic (22)good for groups (21)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Go to Pier 7NoontimeedinerDined on 9/15/2014On a friend's recommendation we reserved a table for two. There are absolutley no regrets. A short dash across the harbour from Vancouver by Sea Bus and you are at Lonsdale Quay. From there a short walk east to Shipbuilders Square takes you to harbourside at Pier 7. Our request to sit on the patio with a view was accomodated with ease. I asked if the Mussels were plump and juicy before ordering. I was not disappointed. The Vongole was also something to recommend. It was hot, fresh and tasty. Pier 7 could become a habit during future vists to Vancouver. Well done.Special Features:
- Nice placelyolyaDined on 9/13/2014Short notice reservation got us a nice view table on a Friday night. Service was a bit slow as the place was packed and had a wedding to serve on the second floor. Great location, above average food. In addition to other choices, we had a Fish and Chips Challenge dish which was very-very good.Special Features:
- Love this place!Out2eatDined on 9/12/2014This place has one of the best patios around, the views are outstanding. Food is great with good portion sizes and great beers always on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudest Waiter Jimmy T.KandistastebudsDined on 9/7/2014I've eaten at Pier 7 in the past and had a wonderful experience, so when a group of friends asked for a recommendation, I suggested it. Unfortunately, we had the rudest waiter (Jimmy T.) in the city: I'm not talking funny rude, like you'd get at the old Elbow Room rude; he was just a plain jerk! At one point he actually sighed when we requested extra milk for coffee. Our meals came much later than all the other tables that sat after us, and when they did come, they were wrong. One order was still wrong after it was returned for the second time! He would bring more items, but not clear anything away. The table became so over crowded we had to stack items on top of items. It was a real disappointment. I won't be returning for awhile.Special Features:
- Best in N. VancouverKalonaVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the crab cake and scallops. Both were excellent and well presented. Service was great and server was friendly and outgoing. Best restaurant view in N. Vancouver! Will be back!Special Features:
- Great views of the harborzonie1VIPDined on 8/28/2014Dining on the wind-sheltered patio provides a great view of the Vancouver harbor. Serving staff was quite friendly and helpful. The menu is brief but had some interesting choices.Special Features:
- dinewithaviewDined on 8/28/2014the view and ambience is great, particularly for oversea visitors. More attention could be given to food presentation. I was disappointed in the albacore tuna raw appetizer - only about 3 or 4 tiny pieces of tuna with nothing special to compliment it and little attention to presentation.Special Features:
- Kandis'tastebudsKandistastebudsDined on 8/25/2014Upon arrival, the staff was attentive. Our waiter knew the menu and ingredients well. She was able to recommend with confidence. I had the sea scallops with cauliflower risotto; both cooked to perfection. The wine pairing was also excellent. I'll definitely be returning. I should mention it was a Monday, so I would like to see if the same service will happen on a busier night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Had the salmon quinoa salad. It was great. Salmon cooked medium, dressed lightly as requested. The view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014We reserved tables for a large group but arrived with an additional 3. The staff accommodated us quickly and efficiently. Great service and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptainCaptainDined on 8/13/2014Parking sometimes difficult, but otherwise a recommended dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pash1976Dined on 8/9/2014We went for our 9 year wedding anniversary! We sat out in the patio and had a wonderful view. The food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorrineFanieDined on 8/4/2014Lose the TV, improve the window coverings so sun does not blind patrons, and turn down and/or rethink choice of music. Otherwise an excellent dining choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We had a very enjoyable evening, with a gracious and accommodating server. The appetizer mussels and bouillabaisse entree were excellent, oysters not so much.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Although the food was enjoyable, the terrible service ruined our experience. For example: -we (party of four) ordered a first round of drinks, and had to wait a really long time for one of the beers to arrive (it became clear that it was forgotten). -the server took our order, and then returned to the table to take our order again...? He forgot that we had already ordered. -we waited over 30 minutes for our food (no explanation or apology from the server of manager)Special Features:
- Impressive for Out-of-Town GuestsSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014I took a colleague visiting from Beijing here for a lovely lunch. She was very impressed with the locale and how "untouristy" things are just a Seabus ride away from Downtown. The service was very friendly and helpful. And the food was very good all in all. The poutine has a light touch which we both appreciated---a nice introduction for her. The only thing less than perfect was that there is only one crab cake on the share plate, which was tiny compared to the other two share plates we ordered. But it was eagerly divided up and consumed. I will bring out-of-town guests here again to show case the stunning city and the local cuisine.Special Features:
- EatoutalotDined on 7/23/2014Great food, outstanding view of the city. Mike our waiter was attentive and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodmmlabelleDined on 7/21/2014Located at the foot of Lonsdale, just off to the east side of the market, the location offers great views of the inner harbour and the commercial trade that works there 24 hrs a day. While the menu at first seems relatively small, the portions are quite large and very filling. The chef knows what he is doing and loads the plates with items not necessarily listed on the menu to ensure that every dish is a comprehensive and satisfying meal. Pier 7 also has a great selection of wines and cocktails. For wines by the glass they use a keg system that prevents aeration ensuring that every glass is fresh from the bottle.Special Features:
- DisappointedGardenGirl70Dined on 7/16/2014We went mid-week and it was a disaster. Granted, two of the entrees and the appetizer were really good, but not good enough to draw us back. Not likely. The other two dishes (Bouillabaisse and a Prawn dish) were beyond awful. The Bouillabaisse was like Heinz tomato soup extra chunky style. The bread served with it came with a chipotle mayo (WTF?) There are times to get creative and times to master a classic. Their version is just wrong wrong wrong with a side of wrong sauce. So bad it wasn't eaten. The prawn dinner was also a huge disappointment. The prawns while a nice size were hard and rubbery. The side vegetables were flavoured really strange, nothing complimented anything. ugh. That's about it. The waitress didn't care.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Calamari was really bad great view but food consistently not greatSpecial Features:
- Great SpotVinlandDined on 7/12/2014Great spot will be going again...caught the happy hour and special on local oysters.... Mixed it in with the night market. Well worth and will bring my out of town guest there. Service / Portion Size / Food Quality / Ambience and View .... frankly it has it all....ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great OutingWillyDined on 7/8/2014We love having a spontaneous night out and that was exactly the case this week as we hit Pier 7. We have enjoyed this venue a number of times and I never hesitate to return. We easily booked, got our special request taken care of and for myself...well I can't sit at the first table offered. Hence, the new table next to the water on the patio was excellent. Quiet and personal. Good food, Pascal gave us great service...a successful night out!Special Features:
- scenicviewDined on 6/27/2014My prawns were over done making them tough and having a charred taste. On the other hand the scallops were done perfectly. The hamburger dishes that were ordered were thought to be sandwich like on bread but were presented on a hamburger bun. No other complaints about the quality of food though and service was excellent. A fabulous view was enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maxTCDined on 6/23/2014this was our first visit and we were very impressed. We will return!Special Features:
- Expected moreCMCKDined on 6/19/2014It took at least 10 minutes before our server came over. She didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about the dishes. We had heard many good things about this restaurant so we were disappointed. The food was good. The service was terrible.
- dinner with a friendkarmillDined on 6/17/2014Met a good friend for dinner here, had a novice server who let us know it was his first day on his own. He did just fine, a couple of small glitches but rectified immediately. The food was very good, had the crab cake which was excellent, but portion was very small, and diver scallops with risotto, also very good. The noise level got a little louder as we were finishing our meal, which I don't like. When I am dining I would like to converse with my friend without having to raise my voice to be heard. All in all though, a very nice experience, and the view is to die for!Special Features:
- Great for visitorslocalboyDined on 6/17/2014Terrific way to see more of the city by taking the Seabus to North Van then a very short walk to this restaurant on the water. Wonderful views back to the city, large deck and facing south so sun all day, and probably great sunset in evening. Food was fine, but nothing outstanding. Good bet for visitors for a pleasant trip across the harbour for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- DisappointingTurtl3tasticDined on 6/15/2014I reserved a table for my family for Father's Day. We were originally seated at a beautiful table with a great view but we relocated due to a planning error to a table with an obstructed view. My father and I both ordered the clam pasta and after our order was taken, we were notified that they have run out of fresh clams but will be still putting canned clam meat in the pasta. Unfortunately, we only received one fresh clam in our pasta each and the texture of the canned clam meat was dry and chewy. We ordered dessert and waited a lengthy amount of time for our dessert as the kitchen was running behind. Over all, I was very disappointed in the restaurant service and quality. The view was amazing from our original table though.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2014Have been to this restaurant a couple of times. Service and food are very good. The view is the best part. Tried making a reservation for the patio but was told upon arrival that reservations only cover inside seating. Doesn't make sense to me but oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most excellentMostexcellentDined on 6/3/2014We had a great time, service was perfect, food was great...table was unbelievable...best view in North VancouverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDee123Dined on 5/24/2014Went to celebrate out anniversary. Beautiful spot on the water, similar to The Sand Bar. Would have appreciated receiving a dessert or at least being sat at an especially romantic, quiet table (rather tham the patio seat by the door) as we were there for a special occasion but I guess not all restaurants to do things like that or perhaps it was overlooked. Would go back again- as that's not what it was about, but would certainly have made our evening especially memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanBFDined on 5/23/2014I think this is the best location and view on the North Shore, it is wonderful to be at waters edge with lots to look at. Charming servers and good food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014I had ordered the pier 7 burger and was brought the grilled chicken sandwich. After eating a few fries I was than told I was brought the wrong burger. The server took it away and was told my pier 7 burger went to another table and apologized and said the chef had to make a new one and that he was going to talk to the manager. 15 mins later I was brought the food and not once were we asked how the food was and no manager was brought over to speak to us and nothing was done to our bill.This was my first experience at this restaurant and I would not recommend this place to any of my friends as the service was not great.Special Features:
- The following 311 reviews are from the PIER 7 restaurant + bar - 'Shipyard Square' North Vancouver reviews archive.
- Pier 7 revieweatout2014Dined on 5/21/2014One of the best VIEW restaurants on the North Shore, menu needs a bit of work, very friendly service, lots of parking available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClareclareDined on 5/18/2014Restaurant has a lovely view. Food and wine and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchnvdinerDined on 5/18/2014Very nice setting/venue. Great views! A good brunch selection on the menu. Friendly/helpful staff, and good service. I had a reservation but the place wasn't crowded, so it felt like an undiscovered gem of a brunch spot in North Van. We sat inside, but there was a great patio overlooking the water. We had a baby with us and they were very accommodating. I only didn't select 'kid friendly' above, because it's such a nice place, and at a busier time, maybe it wouldn't be an ideal spot for kids. Only complaints were the Smoked Salmon Benny was average, and my meal said it comes with fries or salad, so I ordered salad, and then got charged extra for it on the bill?? Good place overall though, and the coffee was good and strong too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbouhood GemheathcliffDined on 5/17/2014Great food, great service and outstanding view and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Location but OverpricedDisappointedDined on 5/13/2014For a weekday the restaurant was very busy. Service was very slow, although server was very nice. Found the food to be overpriced. Shared items was good. We ordered both salmon quinoa and the beet salad. Salmon was very dry and the beet salad was more of an appetizer. Beautiful view!Special Features:
- Fantastic locationcaptnJackDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers day brunch, Salmon Benny was very good. Nice setting, we sat inside. The patio was full and noticed that it was protected from the breeze, looks comfortable. Went for a nice walk along the waterfront and took in the history of the shipyard. Another great feature is the dock access when coming from the water for an afternoon break. will hold boats up to 20 meters for 3 hrs. Upstairs was closed, however offers a great spot for large gatherings and socials, nice spot for staff Christmas party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchleegDined on 5/11/2014My daughter took me to Pier 7 for Mother's Day brunch. It was outstanding. Everyone was welcoming, the service was wonderful and the food was great. It was a very positive experience. As we were leaving, we saw our server running back across the parking lot. Her last customer had forgotten to take his credit card and she chased after him to return it. Now, I call that service above and beyond! Thanks Pier 7 for making my Mother's Day even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.