500 First Street
Hudson, WI 54016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pierfivehundred.com/
- Phone: 7153865504x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am- 4:00pm Everyday
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm (dinner menu starts at 2:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pier 500
Pier 500 offers tables with a wonderful view of the St. Croix River and the historic Hudson Pier. We have a private dining area that can accommodate parties up to 30. We pride ourselves on having fresh, house made, recognizable food that consistently exceeds our guests expectations. Pier 500 has built a classic American menu that everyone can enjoy; offering house made soups, a variety of salads, generous sized sandwiches and Burgers, and entrees such as Parmesan Crusted Walleye, BBQ Salmon Fillet, and our Char-grilled Top Sirloin to name a few! Don't forget about our wonderful desserts to choose from!Continued
** WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION USING OPENTABLE PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS ONLY! ** Your reservation will be for inside dining.
** WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION USING OPENTABLE PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS ONLY! ** Your reservation will be for inside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pier 500 - Best Restaurants in Hudson, WI ›
Pier 500 reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)scenic view (77)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (33)romantic (32)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (31)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)Show More
- Great Food and Service with a viewReggie952Dined on 10/18/2014The view of the river and fall colors are great. The Service was excellent and food was fantastic. The Wine was average at best, should update the wine list.Special Features:
- Awesome Placemonkee338Dined on 10/16/2014Brought my girl out to eat and she loved it. It was a great experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharDined on 10/14/2014Tasty food, great view, great service. We'd make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh the noiseJamesetteDined on 10/11/2014It was very noisy and we were yelling so the waitress could hear us, and finally left as we could not hear one another. Food came really fast, wish it could have taken longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a little confusionWilling2pa4excellentmealDined on 10/5/2014Our food was fabulous. The reservations worked. We walked right in and we seated in a booth with a view of the St. Croix River. Our waitress was prompt, friendly and knowledgable. We had one minor hiccup. Both my husband and I wanted to order their delicious asperagas instead of the green beans that came with our entrees. We asked if we could make the exchange and she said yes. What she didnt tell us is that there was a charge for the change. Could we afford the $1.50 each to upgrade? Sure! Just would have liked to have this explained to us before hand. To be fair I didn't notice it on the bill until we came home. I'm pretty sure if I had seen it while at Pier 500 they would have offered to fix it. Other than that a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!Denise3Dined on 10/5/2014The brunch menu was varied and the food was delicious. They also had a special on mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be greatEngwmnDined on 10/5/2014The food was mediocre. A spritz of lemon would have brightened the Hollindase sauce considerably. The hash didn't have the browned bits that mean flavor. The menu is getting a little tired. It needs an overhaul and some bright flavors. The location itself is great and the space is beautiful. Will try it again to give it another chance. I live in town but rarely eat here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014We will be back! It was wonderful! The drinks were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessiemomsnightoutDined on 9/28/2014Best brunch in town! They are also the perfect for a mom's night out! Great food and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been better.....ElenaD3LVDined on 9/27/2014Pier 500 is one of our favorite places. We took our of town guest for a treat. It was anything BUT. We were first seated in a multiple walkway at a table for 4 - barely okay for 2 but certainly not for 3 as two of the chairs were continually bumped by passing servers and patrons. We asked to be moved and they complied kindly BUT ...we shouldn't have been seated there in the first place. We hadn't seen our friend in a year so we were looking forward to catching up but the noise level reached such a crescendo we finally gave up trying to have a conversation. I am very sensitive to noise and had to leave several times. Our pork chops were very dry - I could only manage a couple bites. Table next to us had 5 ill mannered kids. YUCKY experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good, the atmosphere cozy and the music was not too loud. The hosts tried to accommodate our wishes and the server was good.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoferdinnerDined on 9/27/2014Had not been here for about 5 years. Disappointed in the noise level for being a Saturday around 5pm. Could hardly hear our conversation. We had speakers right above us playing bad music to loud and TV's everywhere. More like a sports bar now than a fine restaurant. The food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Best pork chopRobkDined on 9/26/2014Pier 500 has an outstanding pork chop. Cooked on a rotisserie and flavored with maple syrup it is the best I have tasted.Special Features:
- Pier 500Mattb43Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, good views. A great place to go for a special occasion or date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotSmg1Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and service. The view of the river is amazing. Try the Gouda nachos! Great local beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walleye was very goodCRSGUYDined on 9/17/2014Took a business client to this establishment for dinner and we both enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I am a walleye guy from way back and it was prepared very well and complimented with wild rice. Our service was excellent!Special Features:
- Nice River ViewFlyfishinggalDined on 9/16/2014The food and service has always been great here. I would suggest to save room for the Banana Cream Pie! I am sure there will be another visit soon to see the Fall colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!MplsJenDined on 9/14/2014The food was FANTASTIC, the staff was INCREDIBLY KIND and the MIMOSAS were AWESOME and only 99 cents before 2 pm on Sunday. Perfect combination!Special Features:
- All great but Lobster Mac BAD :-(SafariRomanticDined on 9/6/2014All great but Lobster Mac BAD :-(, to make it worse the manager even come over to get my opinion and acknowledged that my Lobster Mac & Cheese had ingredients (cheese sauce etc.) missing. Sadly I wasn't compensated even though I eat only about 1/4 of it, not even a free desert nothing... to bad so sad because all others where great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePickyDinerDined on 8/29/2014Great service and great food. Plan to go back, and highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemAftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/25/2014Our "go to" place for a relaxed meal. Friendly, good food, lively atmosphere. The outside dining area is a fun spot on a nice day.Special Features:
- amazing food!!!doubleWOWDined on 8/23/2014Very lovely restaurant!!! My Husband and I were celebrating our annuversary and your reataurant was everything we hoped it would be. Great service and excellent food. Was told to try the Gouda Nachos and they were yummy .Thank you so much, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningLOLODined on 8/23/2014We went to Pier 500 to celebrate a friends birthday. Service, food was excellent. Afterwards we went out on the patio for a few nightcaps. What a great place!! Very comfortable and friendly!! I would defnately frequent...Special Features:
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Staff is most accommodating for large groups. Of dining area conference room is fantastic!Special Features:
- Tucked away on the St. CroixMNBoundDined on 8/17/2014As Minneapolis residents, we don't normally get out to the East metro but we did last Sunday and were happy to find this great outdoor dining on the St. Croix River in Hudson, WI--a mere 40 minutes away. Good food, great service, reasonable prices. My wife said the grilled shrimp salad may have been the best she's ever eaten. Lovely place to hang out for a drink or dinner. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining!DebbieDined on 8/16/2014It was fun sitting outside with a view of the harbor. Our lunch was delicious and our servant was friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatAftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/13/2014We feel lucky to live in the area, and have the ability to drop in anytime.Special Features:
- Saturday the 9th at Pier 500RandyDined on 8/9/2014Seating was at 6:15 p.m. as scheduled. Food was good and promptly served. Ordered the banana cream pie for dessert and it was different than expected. Would have like to have been seated on the deck and did not have a view of the St. Croix. We'll be back. Have always been satisfied with the experience at Pier 500. Randy/Shirley ZipfSpecial Features:
- Great food and great serviceZsellerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Searched for a place nearby to where I was staying while in town for a seminar. Since I am fussy about eating walleye due to eating it fresh out of the lake after catching it I was somewhat skeptical to give it a try. Very pleased that I did as it did not disappoint. Had cheese curds as an appetizer and they were outstanding as well The only disappointment for me was that they did not have Grain Belt beer as an option The server was wonderful and engaging. A Cottage Grove native who now lives across the riverSpecial Features:
- Good place to meet friendsJackVIPDined on 8/5/2014Extensive menu lends itself to everyone finding something albeit mediocre quality to like at various price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceNomadDined on 8/2/2014Having been in the restaurant business myself for several years, I recognize good service and Anika was perhaps the best server I have ever come across. She was very attentive but not overly so, as we visited with a friend for the first time in over a year. She gave a great suggestion for a white wine and engaged us in pleasant conversation. She did not miss a beat from introduction, to taking our order, to checking back, to dropping the check. Everything was perfectly timed. Thank her for us!Special Features:
- Good food - Good locationundoneDined on 8/1/2014You won't be disappointed with this restaurant. The menu offered a wide range of selections, from burgers to healthy salads. And its all yummy! And what's not to like about dining while overlooking the lovely St. Croix River?Special Features:
- SpendyDawnWIREDHubertyDined on 7/31/2014For one person; it was $43. Quite spendy! The food was mediocre, not great, not bad. Service was excellent, noise level pretty high, but okay. Would I eat here again? Probably not, but it was good to try. My friend loves seafood, that part of the menu is extensive. Outdoor seating is optional and quite filled up when we arrived. Do make a reservation so you can request particular seating. At 5:15 the place was jammed. I used Open Table to book our reservation; easy peasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MnRivermanDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food - terrible service. It took 35 minutes after being seated for our table to receive 2 Pepsi's and wine and a total of 2 1/2 hours for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Find!krueVIPDined on 7/19/2014We felt like taking a drive last weekend and searched for a restaurant along the way that would accept reservations, since we don't wait for food. Stillwater is always such a mess so we decided to give Hudson, Wi and Pier 500 a try. What a great place! Menu covered all levels of hunger and everything we ordered, from the cocktails to the walleye to the prime rib sandwiches were fantastic and delicious. Service was great and the setting was sublime. While this is not a good place for a romantic dinner for two - very noisy and large tables of loud talkers, everything was spot on for what we were looking for. We will definitely be back to explore the lovely town of Hudson and explore further the menu at Pier 500.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our friends from Europe really enjoyed themselves and we had a great waitress. Desert "Smores" was excellent; they never have had marshmellows as what we have with graham crackers. It met our expectations! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..FinedinerDined on 7/18/2014..................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulgrammyDined on 7/13/2014Great scenic views of the river….lots of activity, but service did not suffer. Great bloody Mary for our brunch. My grandson loved the pool table. My elderly mother thought the noise level was acceptable which many times is too loud at other restaurants. Overall fun experience and the food was delicious. Only one negative, the pricing and selection on the kids menu was deceiving.Special Features:
- Great food, very loud.TickldDined on 7/12/2014We met family from out of town for a nice dinner. The service was great, very timely and pleasant. The food was amazing, unique, but not too weird, perfectly seasoned and cooked. Loved the food! The background music was unnecessarily loud, and during the time we were there seemed to increase in volume. It was a relief to leave and go outside so we could have a group conversation. We'll probably go back, because the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!!!ChrisDined on 7/8/2014I am from California and 2 years ago on a trip was told to try Pier 500. I had two great meals there and really enjoyed everything about the place. This time I went to Minneapolis for vacation and made the drive to Hudson with my wife for our 8th anniversary and it was as great as I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.