500 First Street
Hudson, WI 54016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pierfivehundred.com/
- Phone: 7153865504x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am- 4:00pm Everyday
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm (dinner menu starts at 2:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pier 500
Pier 500 offers tables with a wonderful view of the St. Croix River and the historic Hudson Pier. We have a private dining area that can accommodate parties up to 30. We pride ourselves on having fresh, house made, recognizable food that consistently exceeds our guests expectations. Pier 500 has built a classic American menu that everyone can enjoy; offering house made soups, a variety of salads, generous sized sandwiches and Burgers, and entrees such as Parmesan Crusted Walleye, BBQ Salmon Fillet, and our Char-grilled Top Sirloin to name a few! Don't forget about our wonderful desserts to choose from!Continued
** WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION USING OPENTABLE PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS ONLY! ** Your reservation will be for inside dining.
** WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION USING OPENTABLE PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS ONLY! ** Your reservation will be for inside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pier 500 - Best Restaurants in Hudson, WI ›
Pier 500 reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)scenic view (86)special occasion (49)good for groups (46)great for lunch (43)hot spot (42)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (33)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (27)romantic (23)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)Show More
- Great PlacePickyDinerDined on 8/29/2014Great service and great food. Plan to go back, and highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemAftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/25/2014Our "go to" place for a relaxed meal. Friendly, good food, lively atmosphere. The outside dining area is a fun spot on a nice day.Special Features:
- amazing food!!!doubleWOWDined on 8/23/2014Very lovely restaurant!!! My Husband and I were celebrating our annuversary and your reataurant was everything we hoped it would be. Great service and excellent food. Was told to try the Gouda Nachos and they were yummy .Thank you so much, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningLOLODined on 8/23/2014We went to Pier 500 to celebrate a friends birthday. Service, food was excellent. Afterwards we went out on the patio for a few nightcaps. What a great place!! Very comfortable and friendly!! I would defnately frequent...Special Features:
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Staff is most accommodating for large groups. Of dining area conference room is fantastic!Special Features:
- Tucked away on the St. CroixMNBoundDined on 8/17/2014As Minneapolis residents, we don't normally get out to the East metro but we did last Sunday and were happy to find this great outdoor dining on the St. Croix River in Hudson, WI--a mere 40 minutes away. Good food, great service, reasonable prices. My wife said the grilled shrimp salad may have been the best she's ever eaten. Lovely place to hang out for a drink or dinner. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatAftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/13/2014We feel lucky to live in the area, and have the ability to drop in anytime.Special Features:
- Saturday the 9th at Pier 500RandyDined on 8/9/2014Seating was at 6:15 p.m. as scheduled. Food was good and promptly served. Ordered the banana cream pie for dessert and it was different than expected. Would have like to have been seated on the deck and did not have a view of the St. Croix. We'll be back. Have always been satisfied with the experience at Pier 500. Randy/Shirley ZipfSpecial Features:
- Great food and great serviceZsellerDined on 8/5/2014Searched for a place nearby to where I was staying while in town for a seminar. Since I am fussy about eating walleye due to eating it fresh out of the lake after catching it I was somewhat skeptical to give it a try. Very pleased that I did as it did not disappoint. Had cheese curds as an appetizer and they were outstanding as well The only disappointment for me was that they did not have Grain Belt beer as an option The server was wonderful and engaging. A Cottage Grove native who now lives across the riverSpecial Features:
- Good place to meet friendsJackVIPDined on 8/5/2014Extensive menu lends itself to everyone finding something albeit mediocre quality to like at various price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceNomadDined on 8/2/2014Having been in the restaurant business myself for several years, I recognize good service and Anika was perhaps the best server I have ever come across. She was very attentive but not overly so, as we visited with a friend for the first time in over a year. She gave a great suggestion for a white wine and engaged us in pleasant conversation. She did not miss a beat from introduction, to taking our order, to checking back, to dropping the check. Everything was perfectly timed. Thank her for us!Special Features:
- Good food - Good locationundoneDined on 8/1/2014You won't be disappointed with this restaurant. The menu offered a wide range of selections, from burgers to healthy salads. And its all yummy! And what's not to like about dining while overlooking the lovely St. Croix River?Special Features:
- SpendyDawnWIREDHubertyDined on 7/31/2014For one person; it was $43. Quite spendy! The food was mediocre, not great, not bad. Service was excellent, noise level pretty high, but okay. Would I eat here again? Probably not, but it was good to try. My friend loves seafood, that part of the menu is extensive. Outdoor seating is optional and quite filled up when we arrived. Do make a reservation so you can request particular seating. At 5:15 the place was jammed. I used Open Table to book our reservation; easy peasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MnRivermanDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food - terrible service. It took 35 minutes after being seated for our table to receive 2 Pepsi's and wine and a total of 2 1/2 hours for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Find!krueVIPDined on 7/19/2014We felt like taking a drive last weekend and searched for a restaurant along the way that would accept reservations, since we don't wait for food. Stillwater is always such a mess so we decided to give Hudson, Wi and Pier 500 a try. What a great place! Menu covered all levels of hunger and everything we ordered, from the cocktails to the walleye to the prime rib sandwiches were fantastic and delicious. Service was great and the setting was sublime. While this is not a good place for a romantic dinner for two - very noisy and large tables of loud talkers, everything was spot on for what we were looking for. We will definitely be back to explore the lovely town of Hudson and explore further the menu at Pier 500.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our friends from Europe really enjoyed themselves and we had a great waitress. Desert "Smores" was excellent; they never have had marshmellows as what we have with graham crackers. It met our expectations! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..FinedinerDined on 7/18/2014..................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulgrammyDined on 7/13/2014Great scenic views of the river….lots of activity, but service did not suffer. Great bloody Mary for our brunch. My grandson loved the pool table. My elderly mother thought the noise level was acceptable which many times is too loud at other restaurants. Overall fun experience and the food was delicious. Only one negative, the pricing and selection on the kids menu was deceiving.Special Features:
- Great food, very loud.TickldDined on 7/12/2014We met family from out of town for a nice dinner. The service was great, very timely and pleasant. The food was amazing, unique, but not too weird, perfectly seasoned and cooked. Loved the food! The background music was unnecessarily loud, and during the time we were there seemed to increase in volume. It was a relief to leave and go outside so we could have a group conversation. We'll probably go back, because the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!!!ChrisDined on 7/8/2014I am from California and 2 years ago on a trip was told to try Pier 500. I had two great meals there and really enjoyed everything about the place. This time I went to Minneapolis for vacation and made the drive to Hudson with my wife for our 8th anniversary and it was as great as I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall... very averageJustOkDined on 7/8/2014Seems Pier 500 is trying to be a lot of things... fine dining, indoor sports bar, and outdoor hot spot for bar area etc. We got there for early dinner during happy hour. Because of where we were seated (in the dining area) our waiter told us we had to pay full price for drinks because happy hour only applied to customers at the bar. We then asked to have a table near the bar area and were allowed that - so we had to move to the bar to take advantage of happy hour drink prices. The food was good even though the portions were quite small for the price. Pier 500 greatly benefits from "location, location, location..." If it weren't located in such a desired area, they'd really have to up their game to compete. Overall... we expected more.Special Features:
- Food over noise!Good4eatsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding food, good service but extremely high noise level. Not a place to have an easy conversation. If you like a lively scene for dinner, this is a good and popular place. Yummy green bean appetizer, excellent walleye and good tenderloin and ribs. Birthday sundae appreciated too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunitingNewportBeachDined on 6/29/2014This is my third time dining @ Pier 500. The location and atmosphere is great. It is a half way point for us to meet up with those from Minnesota with us coming from Wisconsin. The view is great, the food is good and everyone was satisfied. The chicken tortilla soup was good and hearing from others so was the wild rice. The fish sandwich was good, the bread I think would have been better toasted or grilled, but the walleye was good. I have liked other item choices better that I had on previous visits. But overall was a good experience.Special Features:
- Pier 500 - Last Sat. nightSirEatsalotDined on 6/28/2014This was our 1st time dining at Pier 500. It will not be our last! The Service and Food was Outstanding. The view of the River was a added plus! The music was a bit loud however not a hindrance to our overall enjoyment of the restaurant! My wife had the Rotisserie Chicken while ordered the Parmesan Walleye- Both were fantastic! I would definitely recommend as a great destination for a Nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladyprgrmmrDined on 6/28/2014A great view of the river, though we did not get to sit outside as it was raining. The service was excellent. Very friendly staff. We had the prime rib, and it was very good, and made to our order. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my 5year wedding anniversaryanniversaryDined on 6/27/2014I had reservations for 7:15 we get their and they tell me some one called and pushed it back to 8 bit didn't know who did it so my party was all there and no one called and I called my husband who was out of state and he didn't do it so I never did find out who did it we got seated finally after talking to the girl two times and we were in a spot that was kinda loud and we had no room around us we weren't small people in any ways so one of the girls had another person's but in her face any time some one moved at the table next to us and another kept getting bumped when people would walk by I really liked my food it was great didn't like when I ordered a side salad that it was $6 for a little salad it was good though I still will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- g8venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Will continue to bring all visitors from out of town to this great spot.Special Features:
- Waited for our tableJBunnyDined on 6/24/2014I was disappointed that we needed to wait 10 minutes for our table even though we made reservations then we saw open tables when we were seated???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow servicedani007Dined on 6/21/2014Food was excellent, chocolate cake is amazing. Services was slow, forgetful, and inattentive. If you make a reservation it will be for inside, they do not take reservations for the patio. Wish I would have been told beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy!ZG93Dined on 6/14/2014We used opentable to make a reservation 30 minutes before our reservation time. Luckily we did because on arriving the resteraunt was packed and there were 20-30 people on a wait. We were immediately sat however. Service was a little slow with the resteraunt being packed, but staff were very accommodating when my girlfriend wasn't feeling well and we asked for our main courses to go. I had the top sirloin with added mushrooms, onions, and a bleu cheese crust. It was very good and cooked to medium well as I requested, however the bleu cheese crusting was more of a complete smothering than a crust, and so was a little strong. Overall our experience was pretty good all things considered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBabsy63Dined on 6/14/2014Went for the first time with my parents Saturday night. Food was excellent, service was excellent. My only complaint was that it was crowded and loud. It was a rainy Saturday night so no one was able to sit on the patio. I'm sure that added to the noise level. I would go back in a heartbeat, though. The food and service were top-notch!! It definitely is a popular place and that says a lot about the great job they are doing there.Special Features:
- Great place in HudsonJimmymacDined on 6/14/2014We eat at the Pier a few times a month. FABULOUS! I have never had a bad meal there ever. Steaks are great, Walleye Great, Salads awesome. The staff is always there to serve. They are sometimes over staffed WHICH IS A GOOD THING! I would encourage going with the filet and add the Maytag Blue!Special Features:
- yu have to trydialdebbieDined on 6/10/2014Mac & cheese + lobster = DELICIOUS! Who would of thought to combine the 2? We ordered it only because a friend recommended it. We are so glad we did. There was no disappointment in this dish and definitely exceeded our expectations. Then if that wasn't enough, try the chocolate cake. A fantastic finish to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014First time here for Sunday Breakfast. Wonderful service and great food. We dined inside as not sure of the weather but the outside patio is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Pier 500SueGWDined on 5/30/2014Best meals yet at Pier 500. The blackened salmon was to die for, and I don't even like blackened much (my husband ordered it). Only downfall of this place is that you can't reserve tables on the deck.Special Features:
- Could have been bettercamcomets02Dined on 5/29/2014My husband & I went here for my 28th birthday. Even though we made a reservation online requesting a seat on the patio we were told we would have had to get there earlier to sit out on the patio. We did not know this & drove over an hour to this restaurant on a friends recommendation. Inside we noticed our server was not as attentive as a nearby server where our waters were empty for awhile & not filled. The brie cheese curds were the best part of the experience very yummy. My husband got a mediterranean pasta dish that we had boxed up to go & when we got home & ate it the next day there was a large circle bone fragment from the chicken in there that was quite disgusting.Special Features:
- Always a Favoritelks1Dined on 5/28/2014Pier 500 is a great place anytime day or night. The food, the service, the friendly fellow diners are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNERELVISDined on 5/26/2014GREAT NIGHT LOVED THE PATIO GREAT VIEW OF THE ST CROIX RIVERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceDinnerVIPDined on 5/25/2014First time at the restaurant. Having moved here from south Florida, we enjoy dinner by the water when ever possible. The place was very busy, but that did not affect the wait time (with reservations). Food came out in a reasonable time and the service was great. And the desserts....I think we tried all of them....all of them worth it !!!!! Will definately be back.Special Features:
- Great spot, so-so food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Beautiful spot! I had a request in for a wheelchair accessible table and a special request for a patio spot as we were celebrating 2 adult children's BDs (24 and 26). Plus 32 years of marriage for my hubby and I. They did not read any of my info and were going to seat us at a non-accessible table. This was efficiently switched by the manager. There was a surprise that I had commented when I booked via "Open Table". Any good spot would have honored that request. Anyway, forgot bread basket, drinks were delayed, messed up drink order, overcooked walleye bites,..... Hence the lower rating. Suggestion....reduce the menu and focus on what the cooks can handle. And, make sure servers are well trainedSpecial Features: