500 First Street
Hudson, WI 54016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pierfivehundred.com/
- Phone: (715) 386-5504
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am- 4:00pm Everyday
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm (dinner menu starts at 2:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pier 500
Pier 500 offers tables with a wonderful view of the St. Croix River and the historic Hudson Pier. We have a private dining area that can accommodate parties up to 30. We pride ourselves on having fresh, house made, recognizable food that consistently exceeds our guests expectations. Pier 500 has built a classic American menu that everyone can enjoy; offering house made soups, a variety of salads, generous sized sandwiches and Burgers, and entrees such as Parmesan Crusted Walleye, BBQ Salmon Fillet, and our Char-grilled Top Sirloin to name a few! Don't forget about our wonderful desserts to choose from!Continued
** WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION USING OPENTABLE PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS ONLY! ** Your reservation will be for inside dining.
** WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION USING OPENTABLE PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PATIO IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS ONLY! ** Your reservation will be for inside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pier 500 - Best Restaurants in Hudson, WI ›
Pier 500 reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (78)scenic view (68)special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (31)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (27)romantic (27)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (12)late-night find (11)Show More
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Nothing better than the Blackened Salmon along with a Spotted Cow beer. The Walleye is equally fantastic. Service is good but the place is a bit noisy especially near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced.2bitsVIPDined on 11/21/2014Overpriced entree salads; greens and veggies are the inexpensive part of the salad, why scrimp on those portions? The Ahi Tuna was the best part, but the rest was underwhelming.Special Features:
- We love Pier!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Awesome place to eat! My friends and family have been coming here for years! The food and atmosphere are great! My only complaint is that it gets quite loud sometimes, which makes it difficult to hear someone talking right across the table. Not sure how this could be fixed, but just fyi. That being said, I still plan on eating here again and again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottyPDined on 11/14/2014The Fall Salads were great! Doing an "Open Table" reservation got us right in with no wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back an originalWiscmomDined on 11/14/2014All week I was looking forward to meeting a friend for dinner and having the steak salad. I should have read the menu description, as they changed it up quite a bit. However, I've had this over 20 times and it's always been the same. We were both disappointed! The meat is not as good and they removed potatoes and added peppers. Not as comforting on a cold, winter night! The bread pudding that we shared was pretty good so that helped. I had an adult coffee drink, too, which was ok , but another restaurant in town makes a much better one and you get twice the quantity for the price. Our waitress was very personable and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FoodieDined on 11/7/2014Fun, vibrant place! Food excellent!! Soups are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One the bestR2raderDined on 11/7/2014Food is excellent and a great experience. We hold our business meetings at the Pier 500 and our clients/associates all impressed with the ambience, food, and service. It's a great time for my wife and myself on a date as well. Thanks Pier 500.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joannDined on 11/1/2014Delicious food and an upper scale casual restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for wifeGreatfuture4UDined on 10/29/2014I had great meal but found a little on noisy side. I have hearing aids and they amplify all sound in area. There was a party of 10 next to us and were really enjoying themselves. My dinner was terrific, really enjoyed the steak. I will be back on a Thursday for Prime Rib. Wife had Meatloaf- she found it salty with the topping. Would have been great w/o topping she said. She shall also return for the Walleye dinner. Overall, a very good dinner, found warm and inviting. Would enjoy a lingering dinner with friends, family and drinks in a quieter area than main dining room. Keep it as it is.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fourfriendsDined on 10/29/2014We are four seniors(all in our 80's) and loved Pier 500! First, we were late for our reservationbut the staff were all super courteous and friendly, helpful to the max. Wehad good seating, near the windows, comfortable seating, and excellent food. We will definitly be back, and reccommend it to our friends. Important also to people our age are the railings on the outdoor stairs and a young man who opened the door for us. We were not rushed in and out. Thank you fo a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid Sunday BrunchBrunchB4BrosDined on 10/26/2014Our first time visiting Pier 500 was for Sunday Brunch and we couldn't have been happier. The food (and Bloody Mary's) were delicious, the autumn scenery was spectacular and our server (I believe her name was Gabryelle) was extremely helpful, attentive, and polite. We will definitely be going back. Yum!Special Features:
- Hot spot on the St. Croix4friendsDined on 10/25/2014A busy, energetic, fun restaurant with really good food that makes you feel like you're on vacation. We were there on a Saturday evening, and the river outside and the arts center next door made it vibrant experience - not the best for quite conversation, but surrounded by positive energy. Good rotisserie food and large menu well prepared. Service was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Happily surprisedWaddlesDined on 10/23/2014My daughter recommended and so I had a business meeting there. Very Pleasantly surprised. All the staff were wonderful. Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service with a viewReggie952Dined on 10/18/2014The view of the river and fall colors are great. The Service was excellent and food was fantastic. The Wine was average at best, should update the wine list.Special Features:
- Awesome Placemonkee338Dined on 10/16/2014Brought my girl out to eat and she loved it. It was a great experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharDined on 10/14/2014Tasty food, great view, great service. We'd make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh the noiseJamesetteDined on 10/11/2014It was very noisy and we were yelling so the waitress could hear us, and finally left as we could not hear one another. Food came really fast, wish it could have taken longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a little confusionWilling2pa4excellentmealDined on 10/5/2014Our food was fabulous. The reservations worked. We walked right in and we seated in a booth with a view of the St. Croix River. Our waitress was prompt, friendly and knowledgable. We had one minor hiccup. Both my husband and I wanted to order their delicious asperagas instead of the green beans that came with our entrees. We asked if we could make the exchange and she said yes. What she didnt tell us is that there was a charge for the change. Could we afford the $1.50 each to upgrade? Sure! Just would have liked to have this explained to us before hand. To be fair I didn't notice it on the bill until we came home. I'm pretty sure if I had seen it while at Pier 500 they would have offered to fix it. Other than that a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!Denise3Dined on 10/5/2014The brunch menu was varied and the food was delicious. They also had a special on mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be greatEngwmnDined on 10/5/2014The food was mediocre. A spritz of lemon would have brightened the Hollindase sauce considerably. The hash didn't have the browned bits that mean flavor. The menu is getting a little tired. It needs an overhaul and some bright flavors. The location itself is great and the space is beautiful. Will try it again to give it another chance. I live in town but rarely eat here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014We will be back! It was wonderful! The drinks were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessiemomsnightoutDined on 9/28/2014Best brunch in town! They are also the perfect for a mom's night out! Great food and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been better.....ElenaD3LVDined on 9/27/2014Pier 500 is one of our favorite places. We took our of town guest for a treat. It was anything BUT. We were first seated in a multiple walkway at a table for 4 - barely okay for 2 but certainly not for 3 as two of the chairs were continually bumped by passing servers and patrons. We asked to be moved and they complied kindly BUT ...we shouldn't have been seated there in the first place. We hadn't seen our friend in a year so we were looking forward to catching up but the noise level reached such a crescendo we finally gave up trying to have a conversation. I am very sensitive to noise and had to leave several times. Our pork chops were very dry - I could only manage a couple bites. Table next to us had 5 ill mannered kids. YUCKY experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good, the atmosphere cozy and the music was not too loud. The hosts tried to accommodate our wishes and the server was good.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoferdinnerDined on 9/27/2014Had not been here for about 5 years. Disappointed in the noise level for being a Saturday around 5pm. Could hardly hear our conversation. We had speakers right above us playing bad music to loud and TV's everywhere. More like a sports bar now than a fine restaurant. The food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Best pork chopRobkDined on 9/26/2014Pier 500 has an outstanding pork chop. Cooked on a rotisserie and flavored with maple syrup it is the best I have tasted.Special Features:
- Pier 500Mattb43Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, good views. A great place to go for a special occasion or date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotSmg1Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and service. The view of the river is amazing. Try the Gouda nachos! Great local beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walleye was very goodCRSGUYDined on 9/17/2014Took a business client to this establishment for dinner and we both enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I am a walleye guy from way back and it was prepared very well and complimented with wild rice. Our service was excellent!Special Features:
- Nice River ViewFlyfishinggalDined on 9/16/2014The food and service has always been great here. I would suggest to save room for the Banana Cream Pie! I am sure there will be another visit soon to see the Fall colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!MplsJenDined on 9/14/2014The food was FANTASTIC, the staff was INCREDIBLY KIND and the MIMOSAS were AWESOME and only 99 cents before 2 pm on Sunday. Perfect combination!Special Features:
- All great but Lobster Mac BAD :-(SafariRomanticDined on 9/6/2014All great but Lobster Mac BAD :-(, to make it worse the manager even come over to get my opinion and acknowledged that my Lobster Mac & Cheese had ingredients (cheese sauce etc.) missing. Sadly I wasn't compensated even though I eat only about 1/4 of it, not even a free desert nothing... to bad so sad because all others where great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePickyDinerDined on 8/29/2014Great service and great food. Plan to go back, and highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemAftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/25/2014Our "go to" place for a relaxed meal. Friendly, good food, lively atmosphere. The outside dining area is a fun spot on a nice day.Special Features:
- amazing food!!!doubleWOWDined on 8/23/2014Very lovely restaurant!!! My Husband and I were celebrating our annuversary and your reataurant was everything we hoped it would be. Great service and excellent food. Was told to try the Gouda Nachos and they were yummy .Thank you so much, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningLOLODined on 8/23/2014We went to Pier 500 to celebrate a friends birthday. Service, food was excellent. Afterwards we went out on the patio for a few nightcaps. What a great place!! Very comfortable and friendly!! I would defnately frequent...Special Features:
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Staff is most accommodating for large groups. Of dining area conference room is fantastic!Special Features:
- Tucked away on the St. CroixMNBoundDined on 8/17/2014As Minneapolis residents, we don't normally get out to the East metro but we did last Sunday and were happy to find this great outdoor dining on the St. Croix River in Hudson, WI--a mere 40 minutes away. Good food, great service, reasonable prices. My wife said the grilled shrimp salad may have been the best she's ever eaten. Lovely place to hang out for a drink or dinner. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining!DebbieDined on 8/16/2014It was fun sitting outside with a view of the harbor. Our lunch was delicious and our servant was friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatAftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/13/2014We feel lucky to live in the area, and have the ability to drop in anytime.Special Features: