1000 North River Street
Rochester, NY 14612Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pier45attheport.com/
- Phone: 5858654500x
- Hours of Operation:
Pier 45 is now closed for the fall and winter season.
We are open for private and holiday functions while we are closed, to inquire, please call 585-865-4500 or email Jenn Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are planning a May 2014 reopening, hope to see you then!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jordan Cohen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Limited dinner menu for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Toni Mykins 5858654500x
A word from Pier 45
Pier 45 is waterfront dining unlike anything in Western New York. Dine with us in our luxurious dining room or our expansive outdoor covered heated veranda. Enjoy gourmet cuisine, featuring the flavors of the season, including the best local ingredients served at their most fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pier 45 reviews from OpenTable diners
- FriendlysueruDined on 9/7/2013Friendly staff, good food, a little expensive but you won't go away hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night at the pierDiningoutDined on 9/6/2013Everything was wonderful. The shrimp cocktails were very large and tasty. We ordered fish fry's and they were the best tasting fish fry We have had in a long time. The scenery is beautiful and the place was packed,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotToughCookieDined on 9/6/2013First time there and pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent, location was nice. Definitely worth a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of SeasonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2013My wife and I wanted to get to Pier45 before they closed for the Season.We had a beautiful night, a great table, wonderful service and a great dinner starting with the best Gnocchi we have ever had. I grew up eating Gnocchi made by my Mother, Sisters and Aunts. These are the best ones I have ever had. Beet salads and Prime Steaks completed our evening on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived at 8:30 and wasawfulDined on 9/1/2013We arrived at 8:30 and was told servers had been sent home and we need to go to bar to order appetizers and drinks. Servers Extend hours of operation past 10pm. Bad experience.
- 3rd choice should've been 1st!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013So my friends and I wanted to eat down by the beach and our 1st choice was Nola's. However there was a band playing and no one was getting seated let alone served so we went to our 2nd choice Mr Dominic's but at 7:00 was told about at least 1 hr wait. Not any surprise but we were so hungry so I looked at my Open Table app and low and behold there was a 7:30 opening at Pier 45. I booked that slot and when we arrived 15 minutes early we were taken right in. I had never been there and had heard mixed revues but my review is nothing but awesome. We were seated outside, it was a gorgeous night and not buggy at all. Our meals were cooked to perfection and the desserts were sinful. Totally going to plan a return visit with the hubby:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time on a Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013When we told friends about our evening at Pier 45, most of them said it sounded "perfect." We had a table at the rail overlooking the river. Music drifted across the water from another facility. Our waitress, Tami, was friendly and knowledgeable. She treated us to a glass of champagne when she found out it was our anniversary. The food and drinks were expertly prepared and presented. Afterwards, we treated ourselves to an Abbot's custard and a walk on the pier at sunset. The pier was teeming with happy people. Yachts and power boats streamed by us on the river. We were treated to the sight of the incandescent Harbor Town Belle in the dusky evening. Doesn't get much better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive StaffLilTigDined on 8/31/2013Service was outstanding. The outdoor dinning was very nice, clean, and a good view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a movieEatout4funDined on 8/31/2013After seeing a movie, it was great to relax with a view! It felt like I left Rochester for a little while and went to the coast. The service was very quick and attentive. The catch of the day was cooked just right and so tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great impression of RochesterRocscotjoeDined on 8/30/2013We took out of town friends to Pier45 and couldn't be happier with the impression it left on them. Great food, great views, and a beautiful WNY evening made for a very nice occasion.Special Features:
- It was a great meal and reallylivelifeDined on 8/28/2013It was a great meal and really enjoyable place to eat. Loved the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night out!!!markmoDined on 8/28/2013We enjoyed our evening at Pier 45. Service was outstanding and food was terrific!!! One of our favorite places to dine!!! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier 45 was a great dinningbestdineDined on 8/25/2013Pier 45 was a great dinning experience for me and three friends the view was beautiful, the service was great and I would recommend my friends and family members to experience such great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was ok waitress'sRich502Dined on 8/24/2013Service was ok waitress's were too busy and made a couple of miscues. Not a bad place foe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Our request for a table outside by the railing was honored, in part because we were dining a little early in the evening. The server was helpful in determining the order that the dishes were brought to the table and in choosing the entree and tapas. We both had the beet salad, fresh & nicely presented. The dining partner had the filet Mignon which he declared was very flavorful and tender, not requiring any sauces to enhance it. I had the empanadas which we both enjoyed, good flavors, the sauce seems just a bit bland. Also had the ginger lettuce wraps. The meat was cooked just right and the dipping sauce enhanced them. Our water glasses were constantly filled and the drink orders reasonably prompt. It was a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Great food but OK serviceNew2RochdiningDined on 8/23/2013I have previously dined at Pier45 and loved it. This time I brought a small group of friends who had never been there. Overall the food was excellent. However, our waiter was not very nice or happy to be there. He didn't smile at all and he leaned against the railing when telling us the specials so we couldn't hear anything he said. When asked to repeat it he got annoyed. He also seemed to be in a rush because he kept coming back to try and clear the table before everyone was done. If you take the waiter out of the night it was fabulous. The food was excellent and I would definitely go back and just hope for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++ScottDined on 8/23/2013From the moment you enter - a truly awesome place to dine! from the atmosphere, the wait staff, to the food you will enjoy every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013Beautiful view, excellent service and great food. Our waitress Pam was superb. It was a perfect lunch for the four of us. We all look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service slowGoinsoloDined on 8/21/2013Had a great night out for dinner with a girlfriend. Seated quickly (even though we were late because of traffic and parking at the Pier---due to a concert on the same night) Service was fairly slow (about 20 min to get our drinks, mine was incorrect) but we had catching up to do, so it was not a big deal. Weather was great and we had seating right on the railing which was nice (and not reserved, so a pleasant surprise) Food was delicious, and we liked that it was very casual, so could be kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsSpecialsDined on 8/17/2013Went on a Saturday night - the Steak "Special" was $45.00! It was more expensive than any steak on the menu! Not much of a "special" when it costs more than all other entrees on the menu!! Food was excellent otherwise. Service was slow and forgetful - asked for the same drink 3 times. It was very loud - but the scenery was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereJkruizeDined on 8/16/2013Love the atmosphere and view, service was great and the appetizer was delicious but they were out of fish fry on a Friday and the entrees are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/16/2013Nice experience. View of lake was great! But, why bother with open table when they don't give out any points? #whodoesthat?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceJCM3Dined on 8/15/2013We enjoyed our appetizer and dessert but we were not impressed with one of out entrees. The service was not as good as we would have expected, it was a little slow and lacked the details of higher end restaurant service.Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2013Had a reservation for two and ran into two more couples walking the beach. They went out of there way to accommodate us with a larger table on a very busy night. Dinner was exceptional with the chef changing the preparation on two of the dinners for dietary reasons. We did several desserts and they where all outstanding especially the Chocalate Cake, best ever.....this was our third visit and will return soon......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!dalexDined on 8/11/2013Love going to Pier 45, it is like being at a resort! Great place to hang out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2013Since the season is short, Rochesterians flock to the lakefront in the summer. This is a great destination with a nice spacious area to view the boats on the river coming in and out of the lake. Also nice lounge area with couches and firepits. Food is good, but not great.Special Features:
- FeedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013My friend and I very much enjoyed dining at Pier 45 and the outside view. Our server was excellent however the food was only so so. My pizza tasted like box pizza, her mashed potatoes were bland, and our chocolate cake was lacking taste and the texture was like day old cake. The draw to Pier 45 is definitely the location, however I do hope they improve on the food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodGreatDined on 8/8/2013I ordered the saltimbocca, which is normally a salty dish - my meal had almost no flavor. The wine was very good, dessert was great, and the scene was nice. However our server really did not care much about her job - never smiled, lacked energy, was hard to find, and did not apologize that we waited 20 minutes to be greeted after being seated. We also sat outside and the noise level was very loud so it was difficult to have a conversation. All in all - Pier 45 is a great idea but lacked on the execution.Special Features:
- Great View and nothing else!newintownDined on 8/7/2013Food was ok, but only ok. Once the meals arrived we never saw the waitress again!Special Features:
- I've been there for dinnerBlueJayDined on 8/7/2013I've been there for dinner and had entrees and have been disappointed. The Veal Saltimbocca lacked flavor and was missing the basics. The prosciutto was a small piece on top with a bacon-like texture, and the starch they put with it was bland & not a good fit. I recently went with a group of girls and we ordered appetizers, pizzas & salad & it was a better experience. Love the decor & view, just wish they'd improve the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time dinerbucketdugDined on 8/6/2013great food-great service- had a difficult time finding the entrance [elevator]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice view! Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013Very nice view! Food was great and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The salmon was delicious overkarenDined on 7/31/2013The salmon was delicious over a bed of greens that were subtle and summer fresh!Special Features:
- Pier 45 the BEST for allLaurieDined on 7/30/2013The service is smooth and comfortable. The food is innovative and varying. The restaurant is beautifully pointed in a contemporary format. And then there's the view....Tell me who wouldn't enjoy sitting with friends relatives or even enemies while looking out over the Genesee River and Lake Ontario watching various boats going to and fro. Just be prepared to enjoy the view and relaxSpecial Features:
- Birthday lunchporter35Dined on 7/30/2013A good lunchtime dining experience. Food and service were very good, wine a little 'pricey' . Wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcooked fishhumancarolDined on 7/29/20132 out of three ain't so bad, but one dinner was tasteless, overcooked fish which was served without vegetable or salad. Not much excitement in the couscous, either, and the watermelon chutney was yucky. The other two meals were OK.Special Features:
- My New Favorite RestaurantSweetpeaDined on 7/28/2013Pier 45 is my "new favorite restaurant" when visiting Rochester! The view of Lake Ontario, the food, and the ambiance of the restaurant was wonderful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View & DinnerAprilDined on 7/27/2013I was very impressed and surprised with the menu. The meal had a fair price for the what I ordered. Very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. My husbandluv2dineDined on 7/27/2013The food was great. My husband said it was the best NY strip he's had. The service was excellent. All in all it was a great place to celebrate a special birthday as a couple as we did or perhaps with a group of special friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013We had a nice dinner there on a Friday night. It was a nice sunny evening and the view is great. We ate early and the place was still quiet and we only got the fish fry which is hard to screw up. Nice experiance and I would recommend, but cannot rave about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.