1 Liechty Drive
Williams Bay, WI 53191Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pier290.com/
- Phone: (262) 245-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday
Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Stacey Sheets 2622452100x1019
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Nightly Thursday - Monday
A word from Pier 290
Good Food for Good People. We are focused on clean flavors, fresh ingredients and attentive service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pier 290 - Best Restaurants in Williams Bay ›
Pier 290 reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)great for outdoor dining (87)special occasion (61)romantic (48)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (17)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Food qualityPhilDined on 11/16/2014Two of us (3) ordered meat (beef & pork) - the beef was tough (quite chewy) and the pork had a lot of gristle. The third person ordered the vegan platter and was very pleased. Also, our server was excellent, but the food was quite slow, and there were only 12 people in the place. We'll try a few other places before we go back.Special Features:
- Love this placeGoToGuyDined on 11/7/2014THe food, staff and views are all excellent!!! Its also nice to be able to arrive by boat or car. You can come dressed up or in shorts and feel comfortable. I would make reservations though because they can fill up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall tremendous evening!SeaBassLoverDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I had not been to Pier 290 for quite a few months, so we were looking forward to the evening. We were seated in the plastic protected area outside with heat lamps everywhere. At first it was very noisy but became more quiet when a bachelor party ended. The atmosphere was great because we could converse and watch the hockey game. Our server, Angela, was friendly and quite knowledgeable about the menu and evening specials. My filet was outstanding as was my husband's Shepherd's Pie. We shared an after dinner coffee drink which was very good as well. We really enjoy going to Pier 290 when we are in town.Special Features:
- Lake Geneva in the fall...dahenkesDined on 10/25/2014Nothing beats sitting on the beautiful deck around a fire pit as the sun goes down, watching the classic wooden boats rumble in for dinner. Overall experience was very nice. Food was not gourmet level, but more than satisfied. Prices were 25% more than comparable land based restaurants of similar quality, but the lake setting and overall quality of the establishment is worth the extra "rent".Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Found Pier 290 by chance and absolutely loved it. Great locally sourced food, outstanding view. We are outside overlooking Lake Geneva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lake Geneva ScenicDiningdivaVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love the decor, and views of Williams' Bay. We had lunch twice here and both times the food was wonderful. I love that they have deviled eggs as an appetizer to share. The homemade chips are crisp and a delight with the house made onion dip. The lobster roll was delicious. The corned beef sandwich on rye was hearty and substantial. Everyone enjoyed the cheddar soup. The trout dish was a skimpy portion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Great environment, service, food, view, and ambiance. The whole experience was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GenevamomDined on 10/19/2014Very enjoyable dinner overlooking a beautiful sunset over Lake Geneva. We particularly enjoyed the porkchops and the creme brule. We'll definitely go back and look forward to visiting when the weather would warrant dining on the deck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second times the charmTracieDined on 10/14/2014Brought girlfriends here two times and they love it so much Again They said next time Pier 290!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pam was a great waitstaff!lanipVIPDined on 10/12/2014We frequent this restaurant during our Lake Geneva getaways (we live in a Chicago suburb), and go there at least every 2 or 3 months. Truth is, Pier 290 can improve on the quality of their food, but the ambiance and view cannot be beat! On our last visit last Sun, Oct. 12, Pam waited on us and just want to say that she was really a great waitress - helpful but unobtrusive - she was there when you needed her - just like what she's supposed to do.Special Features:
- Great vibe great foodDaveh111Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time dining at pier 290. Above anything else the service was great. As soon as I finished water in my glass it was being refilled. The staff was very knowledgeable on the menu. I had the filet with peppercorn sauce and it was perfectly medium rare as ordered and very delicious. Great view of Williams bay in a casual and not pretentious setting but offering high end food. I highly recommend pier 290Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedfoodieDined on 10/4/2014I brought my date to Pier 90 because I had heard what a great place it was. I had heard it was a bit pricey, but worth it for the ambiance and good food. I was a bit disappointed. It was a grey day so the view was not spectacular (not your fault of course). My steak was very charred on the outside and difficult to chew. My date enjoyed her pasta entree. I was hoping we would leave thinking "wow", but instead left thinking that was "okay".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cust serv & beautiful viewsAPPRDined on 10/3/2014This is by far my favorite spot when going to Lake Geneva. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, the food is good & there is plenty of outdoor dining as well as lounging areas. Moreover, the customer service is consistently fantastic. Highly recommended for a family dinner, date night or even a night cap by one of there fire pits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic and great ambience9ndineDined on 10/3/2014I love the ambience of this place...fire pits, outside eating with heat lamps, sitting arrangements around bar in comfy couches and lounge chairs, sandy beach seating for cocktails, and area historical decor with photos, and artifacts from the area. Food is good also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdieDined on 10/1/2014Very interesting decor, much was doors, windows, flooring, art from historic old homes when taken down. Get view of Williams Bay. A definite neighborhood gem and a must visit for locals and visitors.Special Features:
- EmbarrassinggetittogetherDined on 9/28/2014Brought my colleagues here for dinner and the service was slow, food was poor and flies were everywhere. This restaurant has so much potential but can't seem to get it's act together.
- Poor ServicewannabefoodcriticDined on 9/27/2014We heard very good things about this resturant but were very disappointed with our experience. The service was horrible. We waited a VERY long time for everything, including drinks. Our server was obviously too busy and had too many tables. She also never acknowleged that she was too busy. An apology or providing a discount or free dessert would have been very complimentary. Our poor service overshadowed our meal. We were very disappointed. The dessert menu looked great but we were so upset at this point we didn't even want to stay for dessert. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Very enjoyable evening. Food was delicious and very good service. Enjoyed having live entertainment in the bar after dinner.Special Features:
- food not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I cannot begin to express my feelings on how OVERPRICED this place is... I have never ever paid $32 for a plate of pot roast. You can call it short ribs all you want, but it was a pot roast. It also took over 10 min for a server to even ask us for our drinks, my reservation said we wanted a seat by the windows so we could see the lake, and we were placed in the middle of the restaurant... my reservation was booked a week in advance, I then asked to be seated elsewhere and was told that the rest of the restaurant was reserved already! Oh, and I almost forgot, there were FLIES everywhere. Disgusting, will never come back.Special Features:
- We loved itJrothDined on 9/20/2014We loved it. We really enjoyed the ambiance and the food was very good service was excellentSpecial Features:
- BeautifulRoxyDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful nautical decor and the outside seating looks amazing... Outside bar with fireplace is gorgeous (and huge) as well. Doesn't feel like you're on a lake in Wisconsin... Feels very east coast. Great food, excellent dessert. Service was very friendly. Definantly found my new favorite place. It's the kind of place you want to take family and friends for a great meal and ambiance. Will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by service and valueBWickDined on 9/19/2014Had this place highly recommended and was told to eat outside and to get a reservation. Upon arrival, the two people in front of us asked to sit outside, had no reservation, but were allowed to, "right this way". When we stepped up (2), our reservation didn't go very far. There would be no seating outside for at least an hour, and by then there would be "other reservations" that they'd be seating. I've never been that irked to begin a restaurant experience but I bit my tongue. Our waitress inside was very nice and made up for it. There are some interesting cocktails that aren't just the usual affair. The food however was very pricey. It was good, but the portions were small, and we left hungry. "Bang for your buck" was not there. Bring $.Special Features:
- save your moneylove2dineDined on 9/13/2014Dont waste your time and money here. the views of the dining room are great. the food is over priced and made with no thought. the wait staff are not fit to work at a fast food chain. the dining room is very loud to the point of distraction. looking forward to see if a good place moves in once this place goes under.
- Service and food need improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was not given the drink I ordered because the server wasn't listening. The beef tenderloin was delivered to the table without a steak knife. F. Could hardly cut the meat with a steak knife, couldn't eat it, was like chewing rubber. Sent it back. Ordered short rib dinner, basically tasted like pot roast. Both dinners were over $30.00. Salad and side were ala carte. My husband had the scallops, there were 3, for over $30.00, just so so he stated they were rubbery. Very expensive meal, very little taste. Drinks were so so as well. Wait staff seemed attentive to larger groups only. We would not return. There are much better restaurants in Lake Geneva and Williams Bay. The view was beautiful however.Special Features:
- pier 290OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014It was ok. Service was elementary. Food was just ok. I guess you can say it was nice for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!VickieMDined on 9/12/2014Our first time there... though it was cold and rainy - I can't wait to check this place out on a nice and sunny day. I love the atmosphere and they had very friendly and helpful staff. Definitely going there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed this on a rainy night! The food was exceptional. The service was first class. Cannot wait until my next visit to Lake Geneva and Pier 290.Special Features:
- Offseason FindPjc10324Dined on 9/11/2014The service was great from start to finish. Our server was friendly and knowledgable about the menu. She recommended our cocktails and appetizer, both were delicious. We went early on a Thursday in Sepptember and were seated by the windows which provide a beautiful view of the lake. Reservations in the summer season need to be made three weeks in advance. Highly recommend for anyone spending time in the Lake Delevan/Geneva area regardless of season.Special Features:
- Very disappointing experienceFoodDivaVIPDined on 9/8/2014We are locals in the summer months and take out of town guests here frequently, mostly for the view. We acknowledge the food is overpriced for the size you get. The Caesar salad with a side of chicken (the side of chicken costing $8.00 for half of a small chicken filet) was dry and unedible. Our guest ask the waitress do you have any sauce or dressing this is very dry. Her next move should have been to bring it back to the kitchen. She didn't. He tried it with the dressing she brought, it was still not edible. No manager came over, no modification was made to the check. $43.00 for 2 salads, half of which was too dry to eat without liquor. They have a long way to go in customer satisfaction.
- Best restaurant on Geneva LakeButlersDined on 9/7/2014We've been to Pier 290 4 times over the past month - once for lunch arriving by boat and 3x by car for dinner. It is the best restaurant in the whole Lake Geneva area. Great menu, excellent lake views, friendly efficient service. In season, you best make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous!!!juliekVIPDined on 9/7/2014What a remarkable spot in the Lake Geneva area. The outdoor dining area has such an amazing view. The outdoor bar area has lovely rattan couches and chairs. 2 beautiful outdoor fire pits. Lounge chairs in the baby powder sand. Esthetically the place is phenomenal. The food is quite lovely as well. Super fresh oysters, great habanero seared ahi tuna and the most amazing salad I've ever had with apples/walnuts, spaghetti squash, brussel sprouts, quinoa...just fabulous. Steaks are really wonderful too. If you are in and or around the Lake Geneva area this place is a must see. All of the hardware in the entire restaurant is from salvaged boats. Just remarkable...what a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We ate at Pier 290 for a girls night out. What a beautiful restaurant and view! It's a gem in Lake Geneva! Our food was delicious and good portion size. My only feedback would be to add 2 or 4 more items to your menu. It seemed limited.Special Features:
- Classic Yacht StyleBeesaDined on 9/4/2014Pier 290 did not miss a detail. From the reclaimed wood, nautical decor and the open air seating with amazing views, this place is a draw to everyone on the lake. It's classy and comfortable. It's nice to have a place that welcomes and respects a dressier yacht or resort attire. There is beautiful white sand for those who want to put their toes in it as they sit & sip by the water. The sand in the back has the wonderful option of playing Baggo. The food is locally homegrown and homemade. I am thrilled with the attention to detail both with the building as well as the menu. All in all, Geneva Lake was over due for a place like Pier 290. Well done!Special Features:
- Favorite spot on Geneva Lake!Susan24Dined on 9/1/2014Beautiful restaurant and view! Excellent wait staff and food was delicious! Thank you for a memorable evening for our party of 8!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more.mjmmi1Dined on 8/31/2014The service was poor at best. They did not have our reservation listed for starters, which I got an e-mail from open table asking why we did not show up. We called to confirm earlier in the day and they informed us they didn't have the reservation. They did however inform us that they might be able to fit us in. Upon arrival at 7:30 they place was probably 60% filled...... My steak was ordered medium well and came out medium rare. The waitress blamed the chef and the manager came and checked on us. After my date had finished her meal mine arrived. I had no silverware and waited for at least 5 minutes before anyone came out. Bottom line, it felt like the place was being run by a group of fast food workers instead of a dining establishment.Special Features:
- Great for Drinks & AppsDrStuDined on 8/30/2014Fly Issue! Overall Experience was good, but the prices don't match the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodfoodie07VIPDined on 8/30/2014We went to Pier 290 on Saturday night, dinner was very good. Crab cake appetizer was very good, Ahi Tuna was excellent as were the scallops. The service was very slow, which frustrated us. We opted not to have desert because we didn't know how long it would take for them to take our order and then finally serve it. We'll give it another try but if service is bad again it will be our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The out door dinning was very enjoyable. The Coord we ordered was first rate and very delicious. We will definitely make another trip to enjoy Pier 290.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, service OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014As a family, we always enjoy dining at Pier 290 as it's very kid-friendly and the location is amazing with great outdoor scenes. Our service was just OK this visit. It seemed as though the waitress couldn't be bothered with our requests and was put-off by a large group (9) including two kids. It was so bad my family even felt bad asking for anything. There is also no flexibility with the lunch and dinner menus and as a vegetarian there could be more veggie options even different kinds of vegetables prepared as side orders and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner outside under the tents. It started to rain and we were able to watch the storm come in and still sit outside. The food and service were top shelf. One of the few places you can sit and eat right on Lake Geneva with a lively vibe.Special Features: