1 Liechty Drive
Williams Bay, WI 53191Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pier290.com/
- Phone: 2622452100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Stacey Sheets 2622452100x1019
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Nightly Thursday - Monday
A word from Pier 290
Good Food for Good People. We are focused on clean flavors, fresh ingredients and attentive service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pier 290 - Best Restaurants in Williams Bay ›
Pier 290 reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (156)great for outdoor dining (126)special occasion (81)romantic (60)good for groups (59)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (44)vibrant bar scene (42)hot spot (39)kid-friendly (37)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (21)late-night find (20)Show More
- save your moneylove2dineDined on 9/13/2014Dont waste your time and money here. the views of the dining room are great. the food is over priced and made with no thought. the wait staff are not fit to work at a fast food chain. the dining room is very loud to the point of distraction. looking forward to see if a good place moves in once this place goes under.
- Service and food need improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was not given the drink I ordered because the server wasn't listening. The beef tenderloin was delivered to the table without a steak knife. F. Could hardly cut the meat with a steak knife, couldn't eat it, was like chewing rubber. Sent it back. Ordered short rib dinner, basically tasted like pot roast. Both dinners were over $30.00. Salad and side were ala carte. My husband had the scallops, there were 3, for over $30.00, just so so he stated they were rubbery. Very expensive meal, very little taste. Drinks were so so as well. Wait staff seemed attentive to larger groups only. We would not return. There are much better restaurants in Lake Geneva and Williams Bay. The view was beautiful however.Special Features:
- pier 290OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014It was ok. Service was elementary. Food was just ok. I guess you can say it was nice for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!VickieMDined on 9/12/2014Our first time there... though it was cold and rainy - I can't wait to check this place out on a nice and sunny day. I love the atmosphere and they had very friendly and helpful staff. Definitely going there again.Special Features:
- Offseason FindPjc10324Dined on 9/11/2014The service was great from start to finish. Our server was friendly and knowledgable about the menu. She recommended our cocktails and appetizer, both were delicious. We went early on a Thursday in Sepptember and were seated by the windows which provide a beautiful view of the lake. Reservations in the summer season need to be made three weeks in advance. Highly recommend for anyone spending time in the Lake Delevan/Geneva area regardless of season.Special Features:
- Very disappointing experienceFoodDivaVIPDined on 9/8/2014We are locals in the summer months and take out of town guests here frequently, mostly for the view. We acknowledge the food is overpriced for the size you get. The Caesar salad with a side of chicken (the side of chicken costing $8.00 for half of a small chicken filet) was dry and unedible. Our guest ask the waitress do you have any sauce or dressing this is very dry. Her next move should have been to bring it back to the kitchen. She didn't. He tried it with the dressing she brought, it was still not edible. No manager came over, no modification was made to the check. $43.00 for 2 salads, half of which was too dry to eat without liquor. They have a long way to go in customer satisfaction.
- Best restaurant on Geneva LakeButlersDined on 9/7/2014We've been to Pier 290 4 times over the past month - once for lunch arriving by boat and 3x by car for dinner. It is the best restaurant in the whole Lake Geneva area. Great menu, excellent lake views, friendly efficient service. In season, you best make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous!!!juliekVIPDined on 9/7/2014What a remarkable spot in the Lake Geneva area. The outdoor dining area has such an amazing view. The outdoor bar area has lovely rattan couches and chairs. 2 beautiful outdoor fire pits. Lounge chairs in the baby powder sand. Esthetically the place is phenomenal. The food is quite lovely as well. Super fresh oysters, great habanero seared ahi tuna and the most amazing salad I've ever had with apples/walnuts, spaghetti squash, brussel sprouts, quinoa...just fabulous. Steaks are really wonderful too. If you are in and or around the Lake Geneva area this place is a must see. All of the hardware in the entire restaurant is from salvaged boats. Just remarkable...what a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We ate at Pier 290 for a girls night out. What a beautiful restaurant and view! It's a gem in Lake Geneva! Our food was delicious and good portion size. My only feedback would be to add 2 or 4 more items to your menu. It seemed limited.Special Features:
- Classic Yacht StyleBeesaDined on 9/4/2014Pier 290 did not miss a detail. From the reclaimed wood, nautical decor and the open air seating with amazing views, this place is a draw to everyone on the lake. It's classy and comfortable. It's nice to have a place that welcomes and respects a dressier yacht or resort attire. There is beautiful white sand for those who want to put their toes in it as they sit & sip by the water. The sand in the back has the wonderful option of playing Baggo. The food is locally homegrown and homemade. I am thrilled with the attention to detail both with the building as well as the menu. All in all, Geneva Lake was over due for a place like Pier 290. Well done!Special Features:
- Favorite spot on Geneva Lake!Susan24Dined on 9/1/2014Beautiful restaurant and view! Excellent wait staff and food was delicious! Thank you for a memorable evening for our party of 8!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more.mjmmi1Dined on 8/31/2014The service was poor at best. They did not have our reservation listed for starters, which I got an e-mail from open table asking why we did not show up. We called to confirm earlier in the day and they informed us they didn't have the reservation. They did however inform us that they might be able to fit us in. Upon arrival at 7:30 they place was probably 60% filled...... My steak was ordered medium well and came out medium rare. The waitress blamed the chef and the manager came and checked on us. After my date had finished her meal mine arrived. I had no silverware and waited for at least 5 minutes before anyone came out. Bottom line, it felt like the place was being run by a group of fast food workers instead of a dining establishment.Special Features:
- Great for Drinks & AppsDrStuDined on 8/30/2014Fly Issue! Overall Experience was good, but the prices don't match the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodfoodie07VIPDined on 8/30/2014We went to Pier 290 on Saturday night, dinner was very good. Crab cake appetizer was very good, Ahi Tuna was excellent as were the scallops. The service was very slow, which frustrated us. We opted not to have desert because we didn't know how long it would take for them to take our order and then finally serve it. We'll give it another try but if service is bad again it will be our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The out door dinning was very enjoyable. The Coord we ordered was first rate and very delicious. We will definitely make another trip to enjoy Pier 290.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, service OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014As a family, we always enjoy dining at Pier 290 as it's very kid-friendly and the location is amazing with great outdoor scenes. Our service was just OK this visit. It seemed as though the waitress couldn't be bothered with our requests and was put-off by a large group (9) including two kids. It was so bad my family even felt bad asking for anything. There is also no flexibility with the lunch and dinner menus and as a vegetarian there could be more veggie options even different kinds of vegetables prepared as side orders and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner outside under the tents. It started to rain and we were able to watch the storm come in and still sit outside. The food and service were top shelf. One of the few places you can sit and eat right on Lake Geneva with a lively vibe.Special Features:
- Loved this placeMmmmVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were up in Lake Geneva for a few days and a friend recommended Pier 290. And it was a GREAT recommendation! Service was amazing, everyone was nice...but the view and the ambiance can't be beat! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Second try no betterDisappointedVIPDined on 8/26/2014This was our second time going to this restaurant. May try it for lunch but will not go again for dinner. Menu quite limited and somewhat overpriced. Ended up with the filet which while cooked properly was very tough. Service was slow. Outside dining is nice. Unfortunately, did not request outside table when made reservation. Even though tables seemed available, hostess did not offer outside with wait but merely stated "next time be sure to request outside when make reservation."Special Features:
- Great date place!FirsttimepatronDined on 8/23/2014If you want a great place to take that special person, Pier 290 is the place. Great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GregVIPDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I went here during our weekend vacation to Lake Geneva, as it was recommended to my by a friend. It definitely lived up to expectations. The crab cake appetizer was delicious, wine was excellent and the entries were outstanding; specifically the beef tenderloin was incredible. I haven't written many reviews, but this restaurant deserves the praise. I will go back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolferGolferDined on 8/23/2014Great views of Lake Geneva at its quiet end. Terrific, locally source, creative menu. The flatbread with hummus is the best we have ever tasted. It is seasoned , light and crispy. Dinner is never rushed and waitstaff is attentive. Chicken is seasoned well with a touch of citrus, usually have leftovers! Pork chop was moist, marinade was tasty but needed a stronger flavor profile. Desserts are homemade as well as unusual ice cream flavored, like strawberry basil. Definitely a place to impress fine diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lake Geneva GemMargeDined on 8/22/2014This is a great addition to the Lake Geneva dining scene. The whole restaurant is oriented to viewing the Lake; the outdoor dining area is great for casual, fun dining. The food is really a big step above other local places; they use local ingredients so the food is always very fresh. The menu is very eclectic from very casual to sophisticated. This is family owned and that is reflected in the friendly, warm and knowledgeable wait staff. . Highly recommend this place for both locals and visitors. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Meal I Had In Lake GenevaFoodguyDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed a very relaxing evening at Pier 290. Prices seemed a bit steep but not out of line. Food well done and setting looking out on the lake was spectacular. Asked for a table by the window and that's what I received. Very nice and will return.Special Features:
- beautiful viewLeluDined on 8/19/2014We had a family dinner to celebrate a birthday. It was recommended to me by a co-worker. A bit pricey, but very nice for special occasion.Special Features:
- Open TableStanman100Dined on 8/18/2014When I booked the reservation on line, I asked for a table outside near the beach and that is where we were seated - thanks! I appreciate the hostess paying attention to the note on the reservation.Special Features:
- Table worth waiting for....FoodDivaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten here several times alone and with other couples. Food is usually good, service was better this time, as we had a veteran waitress not student off school. The setting and ambiance is outstanding. But sadly the coldness and indifference of the 3 young ladies at the hostess desk is still the consistent behavior. They always seem to be self absorbed and always lack any warmth. Hostess station really needs some professional training.Special Features:
- Poorly trained/inexperienced staffdnpindyDined on 8/16/2014The teenagers sent out to serve our entrees "auctioned off" our pricy meals. A couple people ordered beef tenderloin prepared differently and the kids working there couldn't tell the difference. The waitress was okay at best. The stone faced hostess was vapid and did nothing to make our party feel welcome. All said, this is actually one of the better experiences we've had in the area.Special Features:
- Good food. Great viewValleygirl47VIPDined on 8/16/2014Pier 290 is the best thing to happen to Lake Geneva. We've needed a place like this forever. Drive your body up and enjoy anything from an icecream cone on the dock, to a bar meal on the beach to a delicious upscale meal overlooking the Lake. Very cool. Something for everyone!!! The staff could not have been more accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is SLOWSissie808Dined on 8/16/2014Do not go here if you are looking for a quick bite to eat or are hungry. Service was extremely slow. Thankfully we weren't in a hurry but it was frustrating waiting 10 minutes for drink refills or extras. The food was good. Burgers and fries were delicious. Cobb salad and chicken ceasar salads were small and over priced so I would stick with sandwiches. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, food not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This was restaurant was recommended to us by friends so we were really looking forward to it. It had a beautiful view on the water, but we were not impressed with the food. The best thing we had was the dessert. Appetizers, salads, and main course were not very good. The service was good.Special Features:
- gerilabDined on 8/15/2014Both lobster, steak and beef tenderloin were over cooked. Surprised at this for high end restaurant. However, deviled eggs were amazing appetizer. Service from both bus girl and waitress were appalling in both service and attitude. Very disappointing as we brought back friends with us after enjoying a great meal there earlier this season!!!Special Features:
- Pier 290 - Thumbs up!RuffnItDined on 8/15/20141st time experience and it was very positive. We'll be back and we'll bring friends. Loved all of the boating and boatyard activity going on while we dined. Food & Service were quite good and the value was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience horrible serviceNealVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is the 2nd time I have eaten there in 3 weeks and the exact same experience. The waitress Gia was fantastic however she had not support. Asparagus was ordered and asked for 2 and never served to the table..waited 20 minutes for a scoop of icecream...pork chop under cooked and served raw ...Atmosphere is great however not worth eating there..I would say a drink and app place then move on...too much money for what you get and a very limited menu...it is really too bad...Special Features:
- Service?PdinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014On a weeknight, party of 6 with two children I wasn't expecting such slow service. The wrong orders brought to our table twice. Food was ok. Nice setting and view. Children enjoyed playing on the beach area.Special Features:
- Excellent!LocalReviewDined on 8/9/2014There isn't anything like Pier 290 in the area! From the gorgeous view and the relaxing chairs in the sand to the great food, Pier 290 is a place for lunch with friends, a special occasion, or drinks.Special Features:
- OverallMuffyDined on 8/8/2014Has a great view - however we were unable to sit outside. Very expensive for mediocre food. Staff young inexperienced servers. Could do with some training. Went to a different restaurant next night - ate outside, food great wine great - half the price. Will not go back for dinner maybe a drink or appetizer.Special Features:
- S L O WIreneVIPDined on 8/8/2014We arrived at 12:00 had drinks and ordered food when we sat down the restaurant was empty. By the time we were served our food the restaurant was full and everyone had received their food. Our Server said that because we ordered a small deviled egg appetizer our food was delayed... come on there were a total of 2 hardboiled eggs stuffed - so 4 half eggs. It was embarrassing for me because eI had set the lunch up. Then they didn't log me in as an open table person so I got a "no-show' email from open table...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The food and ambiance was great. The service staff was a weird experience. But we overall really enjoyed the meal and would recommend it.Special Features:
- Only come for a drinklittlefoodie84VIPDined on 8/2/2014This place has a truly outstanding ambiance and that's about it. The menu is bland and so is the food. Literally no seasoning and just poorly executed. We came with the intention of having dinner, but after the appetizers we had to go. Again, it's a beautiful ambiance and great for having a drink by the lake, BUT THAT'S IT.Special Features: