Pier 115 Bar and Grill
115 River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pier 115 Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pier115barandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2013132155
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Dennis Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Pier 115 Bar and Grill
The new anchor of the Hudson & Bergen County Riverfront, Pier 115 Bar and Grill in Edgewater, New Jersey. While delivering the high points of a Modern American Gastro Pub, with 100 beers by tap and bottle, Wood Fired Pizza Oven, a full service kitchen, and two dozen HD flat screens that will house international sporting events nightly. The space uniquely offers unparalleled views of NYC from our 200 seat Dining Room, separate outdoor 60 seat Pier Deck, and 150 person Lounge/Night Club named Q. Dock.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pier 115 Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Edgewater ›
Pier 115 Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (46)great for outdoor dining (34)vibrant bar scene (29)good for groups (27)hot spot (18)late-night find (18)great for lunch (16)romantic (10)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Bring earmuffsmss22VIPDined on 9/13/2014Basically a great waterfront location, with surprisingly decent food. But the noise level was overwhelming. Seated next to me in a booth, my wife & I had to raise our voices nearly to the level of "yelling." So loud, it was funny.Special Features:
- MISSED OUT ON THE VIEWimakereservationsnotmealsDined on 9/13/2014It was raining the night I went to dinner here, so I completely missed out on the outdoor dining and the incredible view. We ate inside and although we could see the city lights, it wasn't the same. It was such as loud place, that my friend and I were screaming to be heard and we were at a two person table. The food was ok, glorified bar food. There were multiple college football games being shown that night. Its a shame it was raining because I feel like I missed out on the best part of the entire place, the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- AWESOME!Awe1Dined on 9/12/2014Great food! Great service, great vibe. I recommend pier 115 to anyone. Great for a firt dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience9999Dined on 9/12/2014I came with a big group of friends to celebrate my 17th birthday. It is definitely not a place for teenagers. It has more of an older crowd. Food wasn't that good for the high price of it. Our waitress was really slow.Special Features:
- Great VibeChrisDined on 9/12/2014Was a bit noisy, but delicious food, and awesome views of the Manhattan skyline. A bar and grill in true form. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and lustyRoystrDined on 9/7/2014This is a loud bar dominated restaurant. My martini was awful, but the food was quite good. The out door seating is excellent and the view is what made it all worthwhile.Special Features:
- Too LoudrlrobardsDined on 9/5/2014All areas are too noisy. A sound dampening system is needed.Special Features:
- Dinner at Pier 115FamluvstodineDined on 8/29/2014Went out to dinner with my husband and our sons who are in their 20's. Sports Bar type of place with TV's in every direction. We felt this would appeal to our sons. Menu is varied with bar sized thin crust pizza which we had for an appetizer. I had the salmon burger with avocado and I was not disappointed. My husband had a Philly cheesesteak. Nice size sandwich he took 1/2 home. My son had salmon with quinoa and my other son had a chicken dish. All in all we had a very enjoyable meal. We sat next to a window and the view is spectacular. There is also outdoor seating but it was a little breezy and we stayed inside. We will most definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceAng1459Dined on 8/23/2014Food, drinks and service were very good! Second time gong and it always exceeds! Good find in my area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HobokenmanDined on 8/21/2014way overpriced, sea bass portions very small. chicken was salty. The tables to close together, noise level to loud. Would never go back againSpecial Features:
- A good findLeevzDined on 8/20/2014Looked for a place on the river, it literally felt like we were in the middle on a boat. Free parking, lunch was tasty, no complaints about the food, the only issue was that the drinks only arrived after the appetizer was finished and then only one cocktail arrived and not the soft drinks for the other two members of our party. The waiter was inattentive and the place wasn't busy as we arrived at noon and were the only people there for a while, but hopefully he was the only one, the other waiters milling about seemed to be all over their tables so I would go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Overall a good day outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Food was very good and service was amazing. 8 in our group we dined indoors and had drinks outdoors.Special Features:
- Beautiful placeJZ1030Dined on 8/14/2014Food was fantastic, scenery is gorgeous, service was FABulous! Inside and outside are very appealing places to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJpal778Dined on 8/8/2014I was recommended this place and definitely recommend as well. I highly suggest you make reservations ahead of time. We had a great waiter Caesar, who took great care of us and was attentive to our table, which honestly I haven't had in awhile at other places. Drinks from the bar can be on the small size and pricey but well worth it!! Food was great and took a little while to come out but it was very busy and with the views time passed without seeming forever, but I would recommend you order an app if your hungry:) overall great place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After work respite!pandersonDined on 8/6/2014Great place to relax with friends after a long day at the office. Friendly staff, well crafted drinks and yummy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Came with a group of 6 and had dinner and drinks. Great service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pier with a ViewMariaDF1565Dined on 7/31/2014On 7/31/14, it was my first visit to Pier 115. I really enjoyed it, mostly because of the great view and being able to sit al fresco for dinner. My reservation was at 6:15 and i was immediately seated. The restaurant was semi busy as it was only 6:15 when we got there, but by the time we left at 9:30 ... we had a drink at the bar also it was starting to pick up with an evening crowd. I wold definitely go back and look forward to going on a Friday or Saturday night to see the atmosphere as i was told that there is a DJ on those nights. I was happy overall with food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embarassed I took my close friendMichsanDined on 7/22/2014I recently had lunch at Pier 115 with a life long friend. I recommended we go there and was sorry I did. The burgers were awful. I had the saddle burger which included "crispy onion ribbons", which were anything but crispy. Soggy and old. The burgers were dry and the fries were frozen. The salads were ok. I've been disappointed by this restaurant before and so has everyone I've brought. Guess I finally learned. Also, they really need to actually wash the windows, it's pretty awful to look out onto the river through dirty windows with hand prints all over them.
- I'd only go during the weekTomasanDined on 7/19/2014The food was good and they had a nice beer selection but the noise level is high. We asked to be seated in the glass encased room that made it slightly quieter. The view is great and we had a good time. If you're looking for a nice place to go, try this place during the week; there's a club connected to it so it gets crowded and noisy on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeFoodie2014Dined on 7/19/2014The ambience in this place is great. A mixture of young professional and older crowd (very minimal though). Dj was playing great music. Can't beat dancing, having a cocktail, and a great view by the water. The food was ok. Wouldn't eat there again. The hummus was dry and not presentable. They charge way too much for the food they serve. The waitress was sweet but lacked experience, as she failed to give us utensils. They were very accommodating to my reservation, as half of my party was late!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okSarahBDined on 7/19/2014The food was just ok. I didn't like it enough to finish what was on my plate, nor did half of our party (group of 7). The only way we got drinks was by tracking the server down. She was very friendly and knowledgeable when she was addressing the table, but she did not check on us ever. The manager brought dessert for a birthday like it was an order, walked over to the table and said "ice cream?" No candle or anything. He quickly realized and came back to do it correctly, but it wasn't the same. Someone at the table ordered a round of shots and they brought 1 shot. Then they decided to comp us a round of shots, but a different one than we ordered. The whole experience was just weird, and I wouldn't be excited to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't expect to sit outsideMjheroDined on 7/19/2014Will be back. But hour wait for outdoor with reservation! RealjySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a ViewThe1Travel1GirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014You can't beat this panoramic view of the Hudson. The pier holds the inside and outside diners, so you are IN the water!! Service and hostesses were very professional and on top of their game. I had the pizza. Not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceSgambrelDined on 7/10/2014The service and god was not good at all. We waited almost an hour for our entrees and then they weren't correct and were coldSpecial Features:
- Fun new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014Tasty menu with reasonable prices and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJerseygirlDined on 7/9/2014Nice place to hang out with friends and check out some views of the city. Little on pricey side so I don't go as often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/5/2014I have many issues with this resturant but I will limit to two. Given there is a large parking lot I find it really annoying that you MUST valet your car. The parking lot is a bit of a walk to the front door so I see offering valet parking. However forcing it on people for the cost of $5 is pretty much a money grabbing move. Secondly, although the food is good and so it the view, the service is horrible. From start to finish the service was poor at best. The hostess cannot get it together and the waitress had an awful attitude and couldn't be bothered. We ordered a pizza - never bringing us the topping tray, extra napkins, even offering us a second beverage. She brought us the bill before even offering us dessert.Special Features:
- Good New Choice in EdgewaterSSSRDined on 7/5/2014Combine bar food, water views and a happy to help[ staff and you have a new winner on the Edgewater, NJ waterfront. Will be back when in need of a casual bar food type experience.Special Features:
- A Gem of a Bar and Grill!AlanDined on 7/4/2014Outstanding Bar & Grill! Typical menu for a bar & grill, however, the burgers were unique and quite yummy! They have an excellent beer list! And, of course, the scenic view is their signature since its right on the Hudson. They have a large sitting deck for lounging and dining, which was a nice touch! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an okay spotGlennDined on 6/29/2014a casual restaurant with a few tables and couches on the water. went on a Sunday evening and it was a mixed crowd. menu is minimal but everyone seemed to like what they ordered. the Margherita pizza had nice flavor, I ordered the tsunami burger which I liked. an unusual incident took place, the service wasn't great and we all noticed it from the start. we were advised the waiter who was servicing our table was no longer with the business. we wondered what happen to him after waiting 20 or so minutes before being told he quit/was fired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Pier 115 Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is very attractive but food at brunch was very average. Considering the price their should have been more variety. Such as making omelets and other hot foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool VibeTeacher2uristDined on 5/4/2014Located at the very end of the pier in Edgewater, it juts into the Hudson River, giving a breathtaking view of NY. You have to pass warehouses on the way to the restaurant and it gives it a chic trendy, ambiance. The food is pub fare and it was tasty. The wings were delicious!!! Service was OK. It's noisy and vibrant with TVs throughout. A great place for young people out for a drink and/or a bite to eat. I enjoyed the outing with my 20 year old sons.Special Features:
- Nyc view from NJOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/4/2014The restaurant was fantastic and the view was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014Way too noisy. Could not hear anyone at our table. Even the person next to you! But food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workSteederzDined on 5/3/2014I like the whole concept of the restaurant especially the craft beer and the outdoor seating. But like most places that cater to the craft beer person and artisanal food the service lacks. Servers don't know about what they are selling and as for management the prices on things are alittle ridiculous I'm in the industry and charging $9 for a draft beer that shouldn't be more then $6.50-$7 is crazySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the wings and burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Wings were good, lamb sliders were not great, short rib panini ok not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!JudyPovDined on 4/26/2014This is the second time we've been to Pier 115 and we were not disappointed! The food is very good...the service is very good...and the view is outstanding. We all tried something different than we had the first time and were very happy with our choices. Both visits we asked our waiter for a beer suggestion, based on something we drank but wasn't on the menu...and their suggestions were right on. I will say that it's hard to find. The first time we went, we drove around and around and had to call them from the parking lot for directions. They have a large sign out by the road...but it doesn't help. Looking forward to the summer when we can sit out on the deck/patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We were seated right away which was good, they're draft beers were nice and cold but we placed our order and it took almost an hour to receive it, the group that arrived a half hour after us received their order first. That was the only downer of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go to Pier 115!jhamilton87Dined on 4/18/2014Fire the chef and hire someone who doesn't microwave $22 chicken dishes. The food was absolutely terrible and the bartenders made the same drink completely different ways. The only recommendation I would make about Pier 115 now is to steer clear!Special Features:
- Great find through open tableNickDined on 4/12/2014Was in the area on Saturday and being that it was a beautiful day, my fiancé and I wanted to have unch outdoors if possible. Searched for outdoor seating on open table nearby and this what the first restaurant that popped up. Excellent food (the Logan burger was the best burger I've had in a long time), great mixed drinks and an amazing view as promised. Would go back with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.