Pienza - Gaylord National Harbor
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pienza - Gaylord National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/dini
- Phone: (301) 965-5200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Tesno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Stereo Strings Trio - during Sunday Brunch 11:30am to 2:00pm
A word from Pienza - Gaylord National Harbor
Pienza is buffet dining at its best serving breakfast, lunch and Sunday brunch. Using the freshest ingredients, Pienza's ever-changing offerings reflect seasonal changes and the passions of our culinary team. For breakfast, select from a variety of pastries, fruit, eggs, bacon and more. Our lunch menu features antipasti, home-made soup, freshly baked brick oven pizza, made-to-order pasta, and an assortment of salads and sandwiches – and be sure to leave room for dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Pienza - Gaylord National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Pienza - Gaylord National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (17)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (11)scenic view (9)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- AnniversaryNerissia2666Dined on 11/9/2014What a wonderful experience we had, as we celebrated our second wedding anniversary. The food was delicious, and the staff superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special discounts and coupons?Foodie1Dined on 11/8/2014Any special coupons (i.e., buy one, get one for free?) for people that love the place sent into my email address? Thanks, firstname.lastname@example.orgSpecial Features:
- BEST SUNDAY BRUNCH IN MARYLANDMikeJayAllDayDined on 10/12/2014I am always looking for an upscale Sunday Brunch without having to travel into DC...I have found it here!! I was very impressed with everything that was offered for a great price Money well spent!Special Features:
- outstanding serviceubrokemytofuDined on 10/10/2014Brunch with a group of 15, including 5 little rowdy kids, for a very special family occasion, pienza kindly took us earlier than our reservation time. There were long moments where the eggs needed refilling, but fortunately, bacon and sausage offerings were more than plenty. Omelet station guy was quick and came out delish. Did I mention there was plenty of bacon? Also, I'm not sure about the other reviews, our service was outstanding. We always got refills, they were very attentive, and they were genuinely nice people. Would recommend for special brunches and we definitely would return againSpecial Features:
- Great buffet restaurantDani9269Dined on 9/27/2014I don't normally like buffets, but Pienza was wonderful. The food is surprisingly good for a buffet. The service was great. I would absolutely go back next time I'm in National Harbor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I had three business meals at Pienza during a convention. The best feature was the service. I attended a convention and the facility was 100% sold out and Pienza sent me an email confirming my reservation 24 hours before and when I arrived they (a) actually had my table at the precise time of my reservation and (b) accomodated my special request to be in the back of the restaurant away from a high traffic area. I have attended other conventions where the facility restaurants were crushed under the weight of the crowd and did not honor the reservations. Honoring the time is very imporant becasue everyone is on a very tight time schedule at these conventions. Also - the staff recognized me after my fist meal the staff recognized me.Special Features:
- Convenient with nice selectionVivaEspanaDined on 9/22/2014For those attending meetings in the Gaylord National this restaurant is very convenient, and the variety of food offered makes it possible for everyone to find something for breakfast. Rather expensive, as could be expected from a hotel with a captive clientele.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pienza is okPartyof8Dined on 9/20/2014The Pienza Restaurant is located in the gorgeous atrium of the Gaylord hotel. Although we arrived early a spacious table for 8 was set up for our group. A server poured ice water for us and disappeared. So far so good. It went downhill from there. Since it was a buffet, with several price levels, we were unsure of the choices. We finally flagged down a server who sort of explained the buffet. When I was at the buffet a server came by and a couple of friends got a wine list and ordered wine. I returned to the tabled flagged down a server and asked for a glass too. No wine, another server was asked,finally a waiter brought a glass of very good wine. The food was very good the service not so great.Special Features:
- WonderfulGaylordDined on 9/14/2014Met some friends for Brunch. Had a quiet table in the corner. Food was to die for. Anthing you could imagine...Oysters, Crab Legs, Shrimp, Salads, Roast Beef, Traditional Breakfast items, Omlette station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping to mediocrityfirsttimerVIPDined on 8/31/2014We've been to the brunch at Pienza a couple of times before, but this visit was disappointing. The food quality has appreciably declined in the last several months. The roast beef was tough and tasteless and the snow crab was sparse and overcooked. While I will bring guests to see the Gaylord, we'll have brunch elsewhere.
- A special brunch experienceEgselaDined on 8/31/2014Come hungry, VERY HUNGRY, so you make sure to eat your $40 worth! Good food...great, attentive service! We never felt rushed to leave ( true of some buffets). With reservations for their popular Sunday brunch we did not have to wait in line to get a table. I suggest that even after the hostess shows you the various offerings, you make a second tour so you can plan what you want to try! The seating area is large but because it is situated in an enormous atrium, we never felt crowded. Don't let the address fool you; Pienza is found inside Gaylord's Resort!Special Features:
- Great spot for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We had Sunday brunch here last weekend. The service was great. We were given a tour of the buffet and seated right away. We have a 3 and 9 year old and the prices are very reasonable!! Under 4 years old is free and kids under 12 are a low price. Especially for all the options you get! We highly recommend reservations as the place gets very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food changesletmeknowDined on 8/17/2014Been going to Pienza once a month, slowly becoming a monthly tradition. This time our visit on 8/17/14 was very disappointing. Pienza changed their buffet selections to accommodate certain guests at a particular convention going on that weekend. For people who have never eaten Halal food, it was very disappointing and frustrating since we have never eaten it. Quick suggestion...if there are any specific changes to the buffet selections, especially with the type of food being served, you might want to let your guests know who make reservations so they can either choose to go or make changes to a different day. My guests and I will still be going to Pienza but a heads up would've been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable Breakfast BuffetRobbDined on 8/10/2014With few options for breakfast onsite, this place serves as the catchall for morning dining at the Gaylord National. The fruit, bruised. The eggs, runny. Most of the items were picked clean and not being replaced fast enough. Their servers were forgettable, and the prices were high. This isn't the worst place I have had breakfast, but for the level of resort that surrounds it, you would think this would be a better place to eat.
- OK food despite rude hostOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014We made a reservation for a group of seven at Pienza. We had heard the food was good. However, when we showed up at the scheduled time the host was on the phone. We waited for him to get done but he did not acknowledge our presence. Finally a server walked over to us to inquire. We told her we had a reservation. Turns out that despite our reservation through Open Table they had given away our table. We had to wait for them to clean up a new table. Luckily for us, we got a good server, a nice lady originally from Eritrea. There was a wide variety of dishes and alternatives, and the food was good. The food overall was alright, but not fit for foodies. Unless you are a guest of the hotel, find another location for brunch.Special Features:
- Awesome buffetjfk11Dined on 8/3/2014The buffet selection and food quality was very good. The staff kept everything well replenished. Our one complaint is that they kept us waiting for fifteen minutes while they turned over from breakfast to the brunch. This should be better planned. By the time it was opened a large line had formed and there was a lot of confusion. Pienza also needs to realize that they are wasting the time of their guests who had other plans that day.Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Pienza - Gaylord National Harbor reviews archive.
- Great for seafood loversGr8champagneDined on 7/20/2014Service was outstanding! They were attentive, helpful, had great teamwork, and most important courteous. The overall buffet was nice, but for non-seafood lovers or those of us with seafood allergies its just an average brunch and not worth the cost. Mind you the baked salmon was delicious, the smoked salmon was tasty, fresh roast beef, and custom omelettes were worth the wait. However, pancakes and waffles were pre-cooked. NO champagne by the bottle, and the glass variety was not very good at all. We had to settle for red wine for brunch. NOT what was expected for $40 per person plus tip.Special Features:
- Hotel BuffetDateNighterDined on 7/19/2014Us: 2 families out for dinner on a Sat. night; total party of 8. Pienza: a hotel breakfast/lunch buffet, not really set up for dinner. Should have taken the hint...no dinner menu online? The buffet: salad bar, carving station with very fatty beef, a fried "swai" (fish), cold pasta and pizza left congealing under heat lamps. The salad was good, but at $24 per person? The main courses were downright bad. The desserts were a selection pastries and cakes; fine but not great. After adding a glass of wine, the total for our meal was equal to an upscale dining experience...but what we got was bad food in a hotel lobby with a "fountain symphony" geysering in the background.Special Features:
- Great staff, good food, scence viewBarringtonDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful time for my moms 82 Birthday Celebration. The staff made up a desert dish and even had a candle.....my mom love ice-cream and some even found a scoop of ice-cream and that wasn't on their menu...great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGKO1Dined on 7/13/2014the food ranged from outstanding to good. Salads and veggies and seafood are superb - king crabs, shrimp, oysters mussels out of this world, salmon good. Meat dishes: good selection and well presented, but quality of meats significantly below the quality of seafood and veggies. Deserts fine - especially the bread pudding, Haagen Dasz ice-cream, and French and Austrian-style mini-fruit-tarts were outstandingly tasty. Overall, the selection was wide. Service was outstanding. That's hard to do in a buffet setting - but our waiter succeeded. His performance was a huge factor in making this brunch successful. Ambiance - superb A/C with low humidity but fresh draft-free air. Musicians did an outstanding job with Austrian and Hungarian M
- DisappointedmariaDined on 7/12/2014First, I wanted to make the reservation for 1000 in the morning but the website only let me make it at 845 or 1100. I chose 845 and I was still there at 1000 to see that the place was basically empty. I chose the omlette buffet but the chef, when making my omlette, acted as though I was asking for too much when I requested additional veggies. It was a meeting and we were staying after we finished eating and I requested some more coffee which was never brought to us. Finally, when the server brought the bill and I had it ready, he waited about an hour and never came back so I had to go look for a place to pay the bill. Overall, not worth the price or bother even with the pretty environment.Special Features:
- Nice brunch timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Ambience was nice with live instrumentals playing on the floor. Food was average but had a good variety. A bit pricey but the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food. Below average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Stale bacon. Chipped beef gravy disguised as sausage gravy. Bland food. Service was adamant and bothersome. Waitress tried to take plates from which we were still eating several times. She would not leave us alone.
- Relaxed Casual with Pizazzmoni84Dined on 6/15/2014The brunch has something for everyone. We have 2 boys 10 & 12 and wanted something nice for fathers day and (their grandfather). We have a picky grandma, but she enjoyed brunch as well. My 10 year old said it was the best brunch ever. Snowcrab legs, salmon, waffles, desserts, omelette station etc. The outdoor atrium dining provides a nice view but is not too stuffy. Then you can walk around along the Potomac. The area is turning out nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father’s Day BrunchChristyBDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was great. We always enjoy ourselves when dining at Pienza. The food is great and so are the servers. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for something out of the box and upscale.Special Features:
- Nice food selectionFather14Dined on 6/15/2014They had a nice food selection. The servers and staff were very friendly. Enjoyed the atmosphere. BUT the servers weren't prompt and took forever to get refills, condiments, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014The food was awful. Cold cuts with wonder bread, stale salad and cold pizza. Yuck. I will never pay to eat there again.
- Nice AtmosphereLuvtoeatinDCDined on 6/8/2014The atmosphere is nice and a good location however; I expected more food options and there were several gnats around our table which was not what either myself or my guest expected. I would suggest another location if you are a foodie.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good brunch spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014We went for Sunday brunch and selection of the buffet was ok overall. I would ask for a little more variety for the meat selections. I was in a breakfast mood so the breakfast selections and omelet station were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAlexVIPDined on 6/1/2014The food and ambience are always great and I love the strolling strings. What really put this experience over the top was the service: our server was a foreigner, likely from Ethiopia, and not a local hire. So we got smiles, quick refills, courtesy, and good service. Excellent!Special Features:
- Breakfast and lunch gathering spotdavekcmoVIPDined on 5/28/2014Suited for large groups or individuals. Good breakfast and lunch buffets in scenic huge atrium.Special Features:
- Lovely ambienceLuvabuffetDined on 5/18/2014Good experience; however, pricing info on Opentable.com is incorrect. Very misleading.Special Features:
- My 2 cents worthJustmyopinionDined on 5/17/2014The food is always OUTSTANDING at Pienza!!! I did not know brunch was not on Saturdays. Nevertheless, the Saturday lunch was quite tasty. Sandwiches, salads, chips, variety of desserts. Overall, I always totally enjoy my visits at the Pienza at the Gaylord National Harbor. I plan to visit many times more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day joyDonnaretteDined on 5/11/2014This experience was great and the staff was friendly and quite accommodating to our needs as well as our party size. The fiid here is excellent for all. Thanks for everything Wioni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a great brunch. The food was very good. The buffet had a nice variety of food. It was always hot and plentiful. The service was very good. We did not have to wait and were seated at the time that we had reserved. It was a very enjoyable experience for all of usSpecial Features:
- excellent brunchonewhoeatsoutalotDined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day brunch is always delicious here at the Pienza. The buffet has a wide variety of food to accommodate anyones food preferences. An extensive variety of fruits, vegetables, salads, seafood, chicken, pasta, carving stations, kids station, breakfast food, breads, sweet pastries, desserts etc... I highly recommend it. Service is always with a smile and they are prompt to clear your table. THe indoor atrium is a beautiful backdrop while dining. Kids are highly welcomed and they have a food station dedicated to their favorite foods.Special Features:
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Always have a great time each time I go here. My only complaint was that it took them quite a bit of time to replace the breakfast potatoes in the breakfast buffet line. I'm not sure if it was ever replace, but I did not get an opportunity to try them. Overall, great experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceSteveCuchDined on 5/11/2014Friendly welcome and great service. Food was very good and plentiful. A bit pricey but for special occasions, a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was a wonderful experience! We often go to Bruch at the Pienza, it is a great place to enjoy brunch!Special Features:
- Great BrunchCDodsonDined on 5/11/2014My mom and I had a lovely time at the Pienza for Mother's Day Brunch. There was a variety of food available. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. My only tiny complaint is the upcharge from the regular brunch cost of $38 to $57 was a bit steep especially when our Mimosa's were a la carte. It would have been nice if they were included in the inflated cost. I'm certain I will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.