Pickles BBQ & Icehouse
8247 Rufe Snow
Watauga, TX 76148Neighborhood:
North Richland Hills
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Pickles BBQ & Icehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.picklesbbq.com/
- Phone: 8175812009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 11:00 am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Isaac Walker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pickles BBQ & Icehouse
At PICKLES BBQ & ICEHOUSE, we strive to be a place where the whole community wants to be. We also strive to bring the best, and most freshest barbecue to our community neighbors, day or night. Any of our starters, smoked choices, salads, burgers and sandwiches are great for a business lunch, a mother’s day out with her friends, or anyone who just wants to relax in a clean, fresh non-smoking environment. Take dill-icious barbecue back to the office to share with colleagues or grab some on the way home for an early dinner...any time is a good time for Pickles barbecue! When the sun goes down, the good times are still rolling. All the great food is accompanied by fantastic entertainment to make sure you have a fun time along with yummy barbecue. In addition to weekly karaoke, trivia contests, sporting events, and other fun, we have built an enormous stage with state of the art lighting and sound equipment to host DFW’s best bands. You won't want to go anywhere else for food & fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pickles BBQ & Icehouse - Best Restaurants in North Richland Hills ›
Pickles BBQ & Icehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- OK food but Surprising wait staffBoxerMelDined on 8/15/2014We had a very good waitress and have no complaints about OUR service. It was the rest of the serving staff we observed that caused us concern. Ie. We sat at a table and observed one of the staff standing at the end of a booth visiting with the patrons in the booth. He took a towel out that was tucked into the back of his pants and put it on the floor and then he placed his foot on the towel and mopped up the floor. All while he had his hands on the table and visited. Then he picked the towel up, folded it, and placed it right back in the back of his pants. He walked around with it there the rest of the time we were there. What else did he use that towel for? Wipe his hands, a table, a PLATE? Our imaginations ran wild. Food was OK
- The following 16 reviews are from the Pickles BBQ & Icehouse reviews archive.
- Sadly disapointedtriedDined on 6/21/2014The ribs were so dry they had to bring us a new set. They were about 50% better. Didn't care for any of the sides offered. Tried the potato salad. It is mayonnaise based so bland, however, was similar to a twice baked potato in that it had bacon bits and lots of sour cream. The sour cream taste was overpowering. The beans (like pinto beans) were not cooked through. The sliced beef was ok but tasted refrigerated. The server and the manager both tried very hard to please us by bringing other options, but just not sold on this place. It is large and did have good bands playing indoor and out. Was really hoping for a good local bbq place to frequent.Special Features:
- Fun EateryalwaysokDined on 6/14/2014The daily live entertainment is great. Kareoke on Friday's soloists or bands on the other days as well as drink specials make for a fun place. I found the pickle varieties to be unique, but enjoyed the pickle that was served with dinner to be the best. The pickle assortment as an appetizer is a must. I personally found the ribs to be on the dry side and the brisket sandwich had little wads of fat that was not appetizing.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceTWDSFDined on 6/13/2014This would be an excellent review if the service would improve. We've been there multiple times for their food, but EVERY TIME, the service is the same. The wait staff has been inattentive and too concerned with visiting with other employees and their phones, in plain view, than concentrating on their guests. We've been left waiting for something EVERY TIME....from having no silverware, napkins, empty drinks, and our appetizer delivered to the table next to us. But.....the food keeps bringing us back....fried brussel sprouts, great fries, bbq sandwich, pickles.Special Features:
- so sotruthindiningDined on 6/12/2014Chicken was dry. So so food. Small menus . This is just a place to drink. Just a fancier papa g's
- Overcooked Ribsfoodie4rmdaNODined on 5/21/2014One thing I won't and can't forgive at a barbeque place is dry overcooked ribs. The brisket was ok but everything came with very little sauce and the food being so dry it was hard to compensate. Even for a neighborhood place the food is not the draw. The place looks great but with out great food I don't it'll stay around long.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014If you are prepared to wait, you will eventually receive food that doesn't quite fit the price. Kid's chicken nuggets $6, they were Tyson frozen dinosaur nuggets. the bbq chicken and brisket were decent. if you like bbq sauce be prepared to pay for extra. Sides are separate and we tied three baked beans which for some reason we loaded with garlic gloves. Not good. Our favorite things were appetizers (buffalo wings and fried pickles) and we waited nearly 25 minutes for them. The host apologized for our wait starting it was shift change. We ordered German chocolate cake, which had been refrigerated and was stone cold. The frosting was so hard and the cake was dry. It took them 10 minutes to being it out. Unfortunately, we won't go backSpecial Features:
- Bad nightJayhawkRussDined on 2/14/2014This was our first, and last, visit to Pickles. The fried pickles as an appetizer were ok. We assumed that the barbecue would be good, since it is in the name of the restaurant. We were wrong. The ribs and brisket were dry and tough. The restaurant provided little thimble bowls for the barbecue sauce. The potato salad was unusual. The service was horrible. We will not be back.
- Great service and awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014Great service and awesome food. Celebrated my wives birthday and had a great time.Special Features:
- The band and the bar were awesome!RebeccaDined on 1/25/2014Pickles BBQ brought it a great band, Red Leather - a cover rock band! Outstanding! Pickles BBQ has a unique sampler of different flavored pickles that are definitely worth trying. I don't know of anywhere else that offers this type of appetizer.Special Features:
- Mehthe4rojosVIPDined on 1/25/2014My daughter and I visited this restaurant solely because it was not too far and new. The meats were not tender nor flavorful. The BBQ sauces were both weak. We loved the decor however. It was a fun place to hang out.Special Features:
- Fun Local PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014The menu is small- but well done. Great place- service needs to match the atmosphere -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little neighborhood place.MadhouseMomDined on 1/24/2014We had 8 for our daughter's birthday dinner. Decor was nicer than would be expected. Promptly sat, server immediately, she said we had five minutes to take advantage of the happy hour. Tried the pickles (had to!) and sliders - my fav. Kids all ordered pizza w/ mac n cheese (per server sug) It was creamy & yummy. My husband - beef sandwich, ate till ready to explode. I had ribs, they were dry rub-I prefer wet-but the flavor was very good. Service was great, but slowed as the meal went on,they told another table they were short staffed, but still not a bad experience. As far as prices, 3 appetizers, no alcohol, 11 people and our bill was $100 - great. The menu isn't HUGE, but it's a little neighborhood place. We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- myreviewmsvalDined on 1/18/2014Some friends and I had a blast last Saturday nite st Pickles Bbq. The band was awesome the food was great and we got a chance to dance! I wil be returning soon.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceWorkPartyDined on 12/17/2013We had out work Christmas party scheduled for 2pm on Wednesday. We were a table of 5 people and literally the only table in the restaurant. There was one other guy sitting at the bar. We were seated by one girl who took our drink order then she brought them out and handed us over to another waitress. We had to get up, find her and ask for everything, including taking our food order and drink refills. She was not attentive at all and never made any attempt to be of service. Food was okay but not worth the price. A VERY limited menu, I think there were about 5-6 dinner items and that's it. The decor was great and it was non-smoking, which I love, but other than that there was no reason to go back.Special Features:
- Large party- great service and foodaspradlinDined on 12/14/2013We had a last minute decision to take 10 others out to dinner. We selected Pickles on a whim, great service, the food was excellent and management came by several times to check on us. Smoked chicken and an great Guinness pour, how can you go wrong. Everyone at the table very pleased with their food. They were very accommodating as we had 4 small children as part of our group. We will be sure to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a fun place. Good music.Pd12Dined on 11/16/2013It's a fun place. Good music. Good for sports bar lots of TVs. I hate that the foods not better. Beef was dry. BBQ beef sandwich too sweet. Fried pickles no flavor. Kind of stingy on the alcohol pours. I heard the sliders were good. The chicken is good and the quesadillas were pretty good. Little more work on the food and it could be a real winner as a local barSpecial Features: