409 Sid Snyder Dr.
Long Beach, WA 98631Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.adrifthotel.com/pickled-fish/pickled-fish1.htm
- Phone: (360) 642-2344
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Breakfast Buffet: Daily: 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnny Besch and Oleh Holowatyj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: [pickled fish] offers both onsite and offsite full service catering. Whether you’re planning a beach side wedding, corporate meeting or casual retreat, our events team takes great pleasure in caring for all of your specific needs. In addition to our 4th floor oceanfront restaurant, our newly updated event space mirrors the rustic modern upcycled aesthetic of the [pickled fish] and can accommodate up to 100 guests. We offer a variety of seasonally driven menus including our signature clam bake, and our Chef works closely with all clients to custom design offerings that fit any budget. Make your special day a destination experience that you and your guests will never forget.
- Private Party Contact: Lydia Davis 3607831222x
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment up to 7 nights a week! Check out this month's music schedule at http://www.adrifthotel.com/live-music/may-music.htm
A word from Pickled Fish
Chef Johnny Besch sources only the freshest sustainable seafood and locally farmed and foraged produce. Come savor fresh seafood and Neapolitan style wood fired pizza while enjoying the captivating view from the only oceanfront restaurant on the Peninsula. With wooden tables salvaged from old ships, Mason jars, Tungsten light bulbs, and leather barstool seats fashioned from worn welding jackets, the reclaimed simplicity of the restaurant’s interior reflects the intention of our cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pickled Fish - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Pickled Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (65)fit for foodies (48)romantic (32)hot spot (24)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellence at the Beach!AMHumbleDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant was more than I imagined it would be. Great mood lighting, lively atmosphere, great service. The menu contained starters and dishes that would easily fit any appetite. I cannot say enough about the Wood Fired Oysters Rockefeller. Absolutely delicious. Must try! On top of that, the service was spot on, friendly to kids, and they have live music several times per week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great food and a real good time. Lovely having music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ERMLDined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed the rustic decor and comfortable seaside ambience. Food was great. Creative menu. Oysters Rockefeller were terrific. Great live music! We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- SweetpsbabylonDined on 10/18/2014There is nothing sour about Pickled Fish, its a sweet treat for sure. Service was fantastic thanks to our server Dana who took great care to make sure we were happy. Full view of the ocean when it's light out. Food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Even went back for the breakfast/brunch the next day.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Drinks on the Beachphilthegr81Dined on 10/17/2014This was a great dining experience. The restaurant is very unlike most places in Long Beach, as it doesn't have that beach-town touristy flair. It's quite reminiscent of a place that'd be considered trendy in Portland, which is not a knock on it at all. In fact, the food is phenomenal. I had a great kale & greens salad with a green goddess dressing, which hit the spot, while my wife had a fantastic grilled Caesar with fantastic anchovies. Also, we started with the calamari, which was prepared just right. Our main entrees -- my wife's perfect ribeye and my phenomenal salmon and risotto -- were spot-on. Also, they have great beers on tap and my wife enjoyed her gin martini. All in all, a great change of pace from most of the places in town.Special Features:
- What a finddrinkbuddyDined on 10/12/2014The Pickled Fish Restaurant was a come back second time try. First time was fun but way too crowded and noisy for my taste. This trip was a cocktail bar/music evening that was a blast. Music was so-so but the bar was so much fun with the two bartenders being so friendly and outgoing. The next night was dinner at sunset, we were seated right away and at a window seat, got the rundown on specials and met the best waitress EVER! Lisa was outstanding knowing her business, how the chef cooks and how to treat us with respect. The drinks are well made with good ingredients. The salads are awesome and our steak was perfectly cooked even though half was a bit gristley. Had a great time and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party placeStarvingDined on 10/3/2014Great view! The ambiance and the noise level do not mesh well together. The lighting and view is set for a romantic experience, however, the noise level is that of a party and/or sports bar. I wish I could give a review of the food, however, we did not stay due to the noise level. We had trouble hearing each other talk and when trying to order we had to have the waiter repeat the specials three times and still could not hear what he was saying. If you are hoping for a romantic experience, this may not be the place for you.Special Features:
- Met my expectationscontentedDined on 10/3/2014After reading about this restaurant as highlighted in Sunset magazine, we had to check it out. We were not disappointed. The view is to die for and I used Open Table to book a reservation that same afternoon, asking for an ocean-view table. When we arrived our table was waiting for us and we enjoyed a moderate paced dining experience. I had noticed that on their drink menu they had "bartender's choice". I asked - it was a "rusty nail" and was fabulous!!! Glad we went.Special Features:
- Mixed baglookng4anewfavDined on 9/28/2014There were 4 of us, 2 had good dinners, 2 had so-so dinners. The so-so dinners were just average, okay entrees, not terrible, nothing to write home about. The server was attentive at the wrong times. She checked to see if the food was okay shortly after it arrived, but later had to ask another server for some salt since we couldn't find her. Waited around for awhile to find her so we could get the check. The live band was horrible. Good thing we were far enough away. I might give them another chance, but won't be rushing back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJanDined on 9/21/2014Fantastic food!--love the cornmeal calamari, and how did you make the crab the best tasting crab we've ever had? I would drive up to Long Beach for such a meal again. Thanks!Special Features:
- I might to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Fabulous view, great food with flair. The sunset was spectacular. I can't imagine going to Long Beach and not going to the Pickled Fish. Tradition has begun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the view.foodloversPDXDined on 9/20/2014We saw the sunset while we were there and it was beautiful but the sun can be kind of bright coming through the windows. Food was great. There were lots of families. Be sure to make reservations on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningStormywx12Dined on 9/18/2014Our evening at The Pickled Fish was amazing. It was so romantic and the setting was perfect! I would have to say that they gave us the best table in the house--fairly private, not too noisy, and right next to the window to see the pretty sunset. Thank you! The food was really great. Try the meat board for your appetizer--the meat choices, crackers and pickled veggies were delicious. I also had the crab mac and cheese (you have to try this) and my husband had the salmon, which was incredibly moist and seasoned just right. We will certainly be back because it was such a magical, relaxing and truly enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Fantastic food, vibes and musicFoodiesonabudgetDined on 9/14/2014My boyfriend and I went to pickled fish our second night on the Long Beach peninsula and were so impressed with Pickled Fish. We ordered the bacon burger and the Mac n cheese with pork belly (we like bacon... A lot.) The food was delectable and the table they sat us at was against the window overlooking the ocean and the sunset. The band playing that night started at 8 pm and the music was so perfect for the atmosphere; their music is highly recommended as well, so go check out The Weather Machine on iTunes. We will definitely be returning the next te we visit Long Beach; by far the best food we had all weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Experience @ Pickled Fish!SeattleiteDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a fabulous experience at Pickled Fish! The minute we walked in through the entrance doors, we were immersed in an energetic and a hip atmosphere. The ocean view of the sunset was breathtaking and very romantic as we enjoyed our candle-lit dinner. An indie band played softly in the background. Most importantly, the food served was organic, delicious, and affordable. That combination is a rare find! Despite such a busy evening at the restaurant, the service was quick and the waiters/waitresses pleasant. We DEFINITELY will be coming back on our next visit to Long Beach!Special Features:
- cocktails and sunsetsgeminishopeDined on 9/13/2014Perfect atmosphere and the shrub and jalapeno cocktails were a delish! The band, the Weather Men, and the sunset were by far the best...oh and my company was super also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSomuseDined on 9/11/2014We tested Pickled Fish for dinner and the view was wonderful. We asked a table near the window. Dont be late if you book it, it would be sad if the table stayed innoccupied during the sunset... There's a lovely way built in wood to get to the restaurant by the Beach. Service was great and friendly, food was original and delicious. Wine was excellent. But if you're european and young, dont forget your passport otherwise you will drink only soda or water...Ambiance cool with music live. One word: amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewClammanDined on 9/9/2014Great local food served in simplistic but effective manner. I was able to reserve a table for two with a beach view which only complemented our service and dinner. This is definitely a great addition to the many quality restaurants in SW Washington and NW Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyseagalDined on 9/9/2014we went there on a whim because of the name and location. Food was nice. Liver Pate, elk sliders, white bean burger, generous portions. Great food and service. Friendly and Family oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Pickled Fish was the perfect choice for my husband's birthday dinner. We had a table at the window and near the band. Both the view and the music was awesome! We really enjoyed our appies, dinner and wine, as well as dessert! The evening could not have been better! Thanks PF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife's birthday visit ...EagleBrewingDined on 9/3/2014My wife's friend suggested this place, so we gave it a try. Nice place. Great view. Service was great. Juan's service was very good. He was a very pleasant guy. My wife loved her fish and chips. The fries were like home style cut fries. I had a few. Very good. I had the hamburger, PJ, PB, something like that. Supposedly local beef. The burger was great. Large and very tasty. Now, here is my problem with the burger. The bun was too small. It's like they put the burger on a slider bun. Halfway through, I was eating hamburger without any bun. I would have been ticked if it hadn't tasted so good. And the sweet potatoes fries were good too. Take a cue from Buoy Beer (Astoria) burgers, huge buns. We will visit again ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the view or the mealWillvisithereagainDined on 9/2/2014What a spectacular view. The food was delicious. The calamari was some of the best we have ever had. The crab mac and cheese was amazing... loaded with fresh crab. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBethDined on 8/31/2014We had brunch and it was wonderful. Awesome French Toast and outstanding frittata. Went back for dinner same day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, view and serviceNotyetretiredromanceDined on 8/30/2014Took my wife here to celebrate her birthday. Requested a romantic view table for two and got that. The Service was excellent even though it was a full house. Very Nice wine at a fair price. The food was good except for the flavoring for the quinoa. We complained and were told that it tasted the way it should but they took the cost of the whole salmon entrée off our bill even though the salmon itself was excellent. They even had a dairy free and gluten free desert for my wife. We watched a beautiful sunset and stayed for the first half hour of the live music show that started at 9 PM. It was a nice group for such a small venue. We had a good time and we would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not in Kansas TotowanderingphoolDined on 8/29/2014Sitting in this industrial eclectic spot w/ the view, varied menue that doesn't disappoint you know you are not in some beach town poser whose prices are inflated, w/ service & food quality below par. Truly a cool place for young and old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon dinner-Didn't dissapoint!MrsSpoopyDined on 8/29/2014We booked a stay at the Adrift, so being our honeymoon, we made reservations at the nice restaurant inside the hotel. My husband was so impressed he wrote a note for the cooks on the back of our receipt and had our lovely waitress relay the message. This food was as good, if not better that 90% of the nice "Portland" restaurants we've been to. I got the market fist (tuna steak, wrapped in bacon) and he got the pork belly mac'n'cheese. The pork belly was beyond flavorful. I almost wished I had chosen that, but my fish was wonderful. The view was gorgeous and the staff was just the perfect amount of friendly. We cannot wait to make a trip back to Long Beach, mostly to stay and eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless dining experienceRagazzaItaliaDined on 8/28/2014Our reserved table overlooked the Pacific Ocean at sunset. Our server was spot on with timing and sincere, upbeat pleasantness. Beautiful songs and harmonies from the Winterlings, along with special house-made cocktails kept us company until the delicious pizza and Mac'n cheese arrived. Grazie Mille Pickled Fish~!Special Features:
- Not a timely bunchNikkatDined on 8/25/2014Food and music were great. However, getting in the door was a bit unpleasant. Despite making a reservation we had to wait 15 minutes before being seated - we were told it would be about 5 when we arrived. The people waiting before us also had a reservation and ended up walking out before getting a table. If you can't honor reservations in a timely manner, then perhaps you shouldn't take them.
- BonnieDined on 8/23/2014One of the best places to eat on Long Beach peninsula. Food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Industrial Ocean View PlaceEnjoyGoodFoodPlacesDined on 8/23/2014We liked the atmosphere and decor in this restaurant. There were a few tables that had Ocean Views. The food was pretty good and interesting in its presentation. They have live music on the weekends around 8:00pm. We had 8 in our party that sat at a rustic long wooden table that holds 10. The prices are comparable with other restaurants in the area. There was enough food selections and a Kids Menu too. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Burgers!drummerdudeDined on 8/22/2014Title says it all...oh, and the cranberry vinegarette on the salad was excellent, too. We were seated at one of the mini-tables facing the ocean, which was great for scenery, less so for comfort. A little bit larger table would be nice, or a footrail against the wall for comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014One of the best fish and chips I have ever had!!!! it was simply amazing! My boyfriend also said that the burger was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrike2Dined on 8/14/2014The yellow - eyed rockfish was delicious as was the polenta that was included. Just the right amount of food & my husband's roasted in a wood fired oven chicken was fantastic paired with roasted veggies and a savory sauce. The atmosphere was different, loud. We were seated in the bar part of the restaurant & would have liked the restaurant part better. We had a reservation & ended up seated at a window with a very small table with our backs to the room..strange.The wait staff was friendly & knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedMargVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were celebrating a birthday which was noted in the reservation. This was never recognized. We ordered drinks and a pizza and received them in a reasonable amount of time. The pizza was amazing! We waited over an hour for the entrees. Two people got their entrees and the rest waited another 10 minutes for theirs. The first two entrees were good and the other 3 weren't. Bean burgers that weren't cooked and greasy fries. The took them off the bill. We have been to the restaurant before and had a good experience so we decided to celebrate the birthday dinner here. We were quite disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food - very loudsomandDined on 8/7/2014If you like well-prepared, high-quality meals made from locally obtained ingredients, you'll like this restaurant. Be aware, though, that a quiet, intimate meal is not something you will have here. My wife and I were sitting next to each other, and we had a hard time carrying on a conversation over the very loud ambient noise level. Our meal was excellent, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryfoxmanjmDined on 8/2/2014This place in in our top 3 restaurants for food. As for atmosphere? My wife is looking up their style on Pinterest at the moment to try to replicate it for our own home. We will be going back as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Best in townFalconmanDined on 8/2/2014We had a romantic table overlooking the beach. The waitress and hostess were very friendly and nolagable about the menu. The food was fantastic ! I wish we were staying another day so we could dine 1 more time. We will be back for sure !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food with a viewRhodivaDined on 7/31/2014The Pickled Fish was one of the best meals we had while visiting Long Beach, WA. The view from the restaurant is fantastic but definitely come for the food! The local fresh cheese plate with seasonal berries was delicious but the wood-fired pizza won the night. I highly recommend the sausage and fennel pizza. Delicious!! Wish we had time to go back again because the burgers and hand-cut fries looked really tasty too!Special Features:
- good food, long waitsilverfox62Dined on 7/27/2014The waitress forgot to put our ticket in the kitchen and forty minutes later we were still waiting for our food. I got the hostesses attention and it was fixed quickly. The waitress came and apologized. They took off one beer of two that we ordered. It was our wedding anniversary and when I made the reservation I told them it was special night. The music made the evening special. I think they should have paid for dessert instead of a beer. Screeming kids made ambience poor, but later, kids dancing to great music made it magical. The waitress was sweet but I think she was stoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Pickled Fish reviews archive.
- Beautiful View & Great FoodleftinthecoldDined on 7/16/2014We had the opportunity to eat here last Wednesday evening and couldn't have been happier with the food. Since our four year-old grandson was with us, we decided to order 2 pizzas. One was pepperoni and the other was Fennel Sausage. Both were delicious and had the perfect thin crust, reminiscent of the east coast pizza we love. The pizzas were baked in a wood fired oven--also our favorite. They were also very reasonably priced at $10 each. They were much bigger than we anticipated. You could easily serve a family of four. We also ordered the beet salad, which was also very good. We are looking forward to a return visit so we can sample some of the other food--which we noted looked equally delicious.Special Features: