Pickle Barrel -Yonge & Eglinton
2300 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Pickle Barrel -Yonge & Eglinton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.picklebarrel.ca/
- Phone: 4164851244
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 9:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Stokely Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From boardroom to dining room, Pickle Barrel caters gatherings of all sizes and all types of occasions. Delivery is available in the GTA and surrounding areas. Go to www.picklebarrelcatering.com to view our menu, from our famous deli to complete dining a la carte.
- Cross Street: Eglinton
- Public Transit: Eglinton is a station on the Yonge-University-Spadina line of the subway system.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot entrance is on Orchardview Blvd. 1 Block north of Eglinton Avenue. Parking Facility is a fully automated lot and can accommodate over 800 vehicles.
A word from Pickle Barrel -Yonge & Eglinton
In business for over 35 years, The Pickle Barrel offers great food, professional service, award winning designs at a superb value. The menu boasts over 300 items made fresh from scratch including Appetizers, All day breakfast, Salads, Sandwiches, Steaks, Seafood, Pastas, Stir frys and more. There"s always something for everyone...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pickle Barrel -Yonge & Eglinton reviews from OpenTable diners
- I'm Waiting....JamieDined on 7/8/2013We arrived and although there were many tables open and we had a reservation, we waited 10 minutes to be seated with only 2 groups in front of us. The hostess was clearly out of her comfort zone. Once we were seated we were given menus and looked through them for 5-10 minutes with nobody checking on us or taking a drink order. We closed the menus and waited longer and after about 15 minutes of no service at all we decided to get up and leave. We went to an establishment accross the road and we cared for promptly and correctly.
- Brunch pre MatineeEllaDined on 7/7/2013Next to cinema, good food, service excellent. Very good valueSpecial Features:
- Par serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013Not the best experience we've had. Waitress slow, some food cold. She was a little hard to understand at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The welcome was warm and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The welcome was warm and they gave us a nice table by a window. My salmon was tasteless, unless you like syrup-tasting salmon. I think it was probably cooked from frozen. The frozen yogurt was also very sweet and no strawberries could be detected. Great place for an easy time with friends, comfortable seating, but could be re-named The Sugar Barrel.
- Not a first choieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013This Pickle Barrel location is very large and is usually pretty busy. I think the size of the menu makes it difficult to execute all dishes with a high level of quality. Food is decent, but not special. I have had hit and miss experiences with their menu. Nachos, salads, fish and chips, and chicken fingers are usually good, because they are simple to execute and hard to get wrong. But the fries are made from frozen, so align your expectations accordingly.Special Features:
- My book club, which is a totalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013My book club, which is a total of 6 people mostly, have enjoyed meeting at The Pickle Barrel a few times now. The food and service has always been consistently good. We always reserve a table and ask for something quiet to discuss our book and so far we've been lucky as we know how busy the restaurant is.Special Features:
- Had a great waiter and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2013Had a great waiter and the barternder was very nice to us. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/2/2013The Pickle Barrel is a very good restaurant for brunch. The food is outstanding, the service is outstanding (the waiters and waitresses have an excellent knowledge of the menu, and the noise level is also outstanding (very energetic and fun). This restaurant is a must try for brunch. So much variety.Special Features:
- Greeters terrible, food decentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2013The greeting service was deplorable. When I set the reservation, I mentioned that my daughter requested Pickle Barrel for her 12th birthday dinner. Greeters did not greet her by name or mention that she was the birthday girl. Then we were made to wait almost ten minutes for our table, and weren't even offered a seat while we waited, but were left standing at the front desk. I've never before waited to be seated with a reservation (isn't that the POINT of a reservation?). The food and table service was fine. For the price, Pickle Barrel has an expansive and engaging menu. But the greeting at this location needs to be fixed.Special Features:
- Accessible and consistent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013Always good. Highlight for taking guests with difficult mobility as indoor garage in immediately below and accessible with elevator to mall entrance of restaurant. Parking is validated. This is a key factor for bringing my 89 year old mother for lunch.Special Features:
- It was the second time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was the second time that I spent my Valentine's day here, in this fabulous restaurant. I think I will make it a tradiction to come here every February 14. I love the coctail mix, they make the best mojitos in Toronto. The service was fast and the food is delicious and a LOT! I can't finish it all! I wil definetly recommend this restaurant's location.Special Features:
- No "Open Table" reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013No "Open Table" reservations at this restaurant :-((Special Features:
- Our lunch was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013Our lunch was very good. The server was very friendly and cheery. Great location next to the theatre and Indigo books.Special Features:
- Accommodating for any group!viviVIPDined on 1/17/2013I had family meetings here and they were very good about accommodating the growing group and allowing another booth for private conversations. I couldn't have picked a better spot for the occasion. Thanks guys. This time it was dinner for two and the food is consistently good and generous.Special Features:
- Breakfast for DinnerDiningwHenriVIPDined on 1/17/2013My 3 children enjoyed their "breakfast for dinner" and I enjoyed my sandwich with a glass of wine. A great way to treat ourselves!Special Features:
- I always enjoy eating at PickleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I always enjoy eating at Pickle Barrel whether it's having a diner by myself or with a friend casually, or before or after a movie. Also, I do enjoy eating at the fast take out area a light snack, lunch or take something to eat home when I'm in a hurry! The food at Pickle Barrel is always fresh and delicious, the portions are generous!! Also, the service is very good most times. The menu is my favourite, varied from light fares, diet dishe, appetizers to a very hearty and fillintg meal to suit everybody's need. The ambiance is relaxing most times coupled with dim lighting during the evenings.Special Features:
- Hit and Miss2or3wowDined on 12/31/2012This restaurant could be recommended to those who want a large selection of good food at a reasonable price and don't mind a lot of noise and erratic service. But don't bother with a reservation. The reservation that I made meant nothing more than a move to the front of the line to wait for the next available table, in the bar next to the ice machine. When we asked to be moved the hostess made it clear that she was not pleased. The server was harried and made us hunt him down to ask for cutlery, water, coffee. Previous visits have been better. It's convenient for the movie theatres and shopping but a bit too hit and miss.Special Features:
- Average to poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2012Our waiter was great but our appetizer was calamari and some were under done. One of us had hoizon sauce beef on rice but the beef was under cooked and there was very little sauce. My waffle was fine. We weren't told of the alcoholic specials either.Special Features:
- Like Pickle Barrel but not this oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2012First off, our waitress was excellent.The food, however, was awful. The steak (ordered steak and eggs) was just terrible and the latkes were round, burnt black balls. My wife's Eggs Benedict were done wrong - one egg was soft poached the other hard. Whats up with that?I happened the be at the Sherway Pickle Barrel days later, and the table beside me ordered breakfast. The Latkes looked golden brown, not totally spherical and what I'd wanted when I ordered them.Maybe it's just the Yonge & Eglinton location, but it was really bad. If not for our great waitress, it'd have gotten a single star rating.
- nice breakfast special fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012nice breakfast special from 9 - 10:30 pm makes this place more affordable. thanks!Special Features:
- The food is nothing specialSuanneDined on 12/23/2012The food is nothing special but there is a wide range of choices -- making it useful for family outings. The waiter was extremely helpful and entertaining. Too bad the noise level is so high.Special Features:
- where is the holiday cheerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012where is the holiday cheer at this restaurant? Never had a waiter or hostess so tired, listless and bored by being at work. We(6 people) felt like we were a burden to them on this visit. Grumpy,miserable server. I don't know what would have made him smile or be polite to us. We were not a demanding group. Oh well, we will go somewhere else next time.
- Catching up with friends and familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Service was friendly and helpful; food enjoyed by all at our table; relaxed atmosphere for visitingSpecial Features:
- Everything was fantastic exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012Everything was fantastic except one thing, I made a reservation and they weren't ready for us when we got there.Special Features:
- Great upscale deli. MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2012Great upscale deli. Menu is extensive. Breakfast is available all day. Menu highlights healthy meal options. Great place to go anytime.Special Features:
- Had a very good meal hereLady01Dined on 11/10/2012Had a very good meal here last Saturday - November 10th. Even though it was really busy, booking ahead through OpenTable got us a really good table. Thanks!Special Features:
- TammyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Very good food and good service. The waiter was little busy but that's ok since it's give us little privacy. Great view to Yong St., perfect setting for a date. Best PB in town. I booked reservation online but they said we could just come in without booking. Thank you staff!Special Features:
- Don't Eat ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Well done steak was chewy & sauted onions were scarce on the 8 oz Texas steak sandwich. Mashed potatoes were awful (possibly recooked/reheated). Vegetables were scarce on all orders. Service was below one star & unfortunately tip was included so we had no way to pay appropately. We won't reccomend the Yonge/Eglinton Pickle Barrel to anyone.
- Bad ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/6/2012Unfortunately, this time at PB YEG the ambiance was a disaster!!! There was a party of at least 12 behind our table, and they were making waaaaaaaaaaay too much noise. They were commenting on every little thing that happened in the restaurant, and whenever their server brought them anything, they all started clapping extremely loud. The food and service remain top notch though, and we will return in hopes of a better ambiance next time.Special Features:
- You will LOVE The Pickle Barrel!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012Great experience, great food, great ambiance. Loved it. When making my reservation online, it was simple and quick. I even requested that when we ordered dessert that they sing happy birthday to my friend and it she was quite surprised, so everything went as planned. Just an overall great restaurant and staff. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012I liked that fact that I was able to make an on-line reservation. By comparison, so many times I tried to do that on the phone and wasn't allowed to under I believe seven people. Soon everyone would be standing in line to have supper with family and friends. I don't frequent those establishments as I want to feel welcome.Special Features:
- Noticed on out way out thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Noticed on out way out that all the other guests had their table lamps things lit except us. Either waitress forgot to light ours or she chose not to because we're teenagers.Special Features:
- Better The 2nd Time Around!LanceDined on 8/21/2012We had a pretty good meal here as compared to the last time we were here.Service was fast & efficient and the drinks were big and tasty!Special Features:
- Service was incredibly poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Service was incredibly poor. I have never experienced this at Pickle Barrel. Server took long periods of time to check back on us - in case we needed refills, dessert, coffee, etc. He did not have a content look, as if he was annoyed to be serving us.Special Features:
- We visited Yonge and EglintonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012We visited Yonge and Eglinton Pickle Barrel twice in a few days. Both experiences were very good as was the food. The first visit, the guests had never been to a PB before and were very impressed and said they would return. Our waiter, John, made the experience extra pleasant. On the second visit with family, he was most accommodating with the little members of the group.Special Features:
- We have been there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012We have been there before but were disappointed this time around. The food was mediocre at best, and some of our group found their food downright inedible. Nobody complained because we were with visitors to Toronto and didn't want to spoil the evening, but we won't be going back there again. The reason we took them there was because it has been so good previously. Our server was outstanding, and his treatment of us made up for the bad food.Special Features:
- my fried and i had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012my fried and i had a very good experience. Your menu suited both of us. I am vegan, my friend loved your fish & Chips. We would recommed to our family & Friends.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and service:OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012This is a great restaurant to eat at. The food is excellent and in abundance, no cutbacks on the food or service. Service was excellent, very attentive staff. Staff always had a smile. This goes along way especially if you want to return again, in which, we will surely be doing again. The Pickle Barrel Restaurant @ Yonge/Eglinton Centre is an easy going, relaxed atmosphere restaurant. The layout of the restaurant coinsides with the demographics of the area which provides enough seating, leg room, room between tables not only for restaurant patrons but also for the wait staff to maneuver with ease.Special Features:
- Server was very good, butJulgrosDined on 6/17/2012Server was very good, but the kitchen got my order wrong and it had to be redone.
- I enjoyed coming here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012I enjoyed coming here for a late dinner with my girl friends as a goodbye to one girl who is going away for the summer. I had excellent service and the food wasn't bad. Great restaurant!Special Features: