1310 Cortelyou Road
Brooklyn, NY 11226Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://picketfencebrooklyn.com/
- Phone: 7182826661
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Vipin Agarwal 7182826661
A word from Picket Fence
Picket Fence as the name suggests is a traditional American Comfort food restaurant. Its newly decorated dining room is an extension of the Victorian neighborhood with cut glass wall hangings, cushions for the back rests and a cozy comfortable feel. Picket Fence serves upscale comfort food at modest prices. The food varies from Baked Brie to Grilled Scallops, Buttermilk Fried Chicken to Vegetable Burgers served with homemade French Fries or Sweet Potato Fries. The rear garden (open seasonally) is a great place to dinner and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Picket Fence reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Quaint dining spotFitzDined on 8/17/2014Family & group friendly...very comfortable atmosphere with a warm & hospitable staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BookishDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated a birthday with a late lunch and the servers were very good, as was the food. There were four of us and the table was comfortable, which is not always the case. It can get crowded, with diners elbow to elbow earlier on weekends.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Picket Fence reviews archive.
- great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I went there for Mother's Day. We reviewed the menu online before we went because my daughter is a little picky about food. We were seated, and then was told there was a special menu ( much more expensive than regular menu) for Mother's Day and the regular menu would not be available. We looked over the special menu and did not like much of what was being offered. After asking a different server we were able to order from the regular menu and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Not so comforting Comfort FoodPrincePalateDined on 5/11/2014We went here for mother's day. W/a menu listing things such as BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN, GOUDA MAC & CHEESE & CREAMED SPINACH, I was prepared for a flavorful onslaught. Twas not the battle I was given, instead I had to persuade the reluctant mgr to allow us to order from the standard menu instead of the $35/person pre-fix that left much to be desired, then fight to get the staff's attention as they struggled to attend 1/2 capacity load of dinners. The food while presented well, failed to be a treat to anything other than our eyes. The food needed more flavor if it hoped to comfort anyone. The spinach I ordered was watery. While is interesting at a cheese party the flavor is not sharp enought to rock out with Mac & Cheese.
- Awesome spotJackleels25Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom there for Mother's Day and we loved it! This was our second time being there. The first time was for a birthday brunch and they were accolades ting for that as well. Food is awesome and so is the staff. Its a quaint place in a beautiful neighborhood. Highly recommended .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get your act togetherChuckVIPDined on 5/11/2014Service was atrocious. Every time a waiter brought out a plate, he went table to table to see who had ordered it After w e had waited over an hour for our food to be served and after we had asked several times, a waiter sheepishly came to our table to inform us that our order had never been placed with the kitchen Food was good but service issues overwhelmed any positivesSpecial Features:
- Dinner with hubbyCarolmicVIPDined on 5/3/2014Have been wanting to go there for quite sometime as I heard it mentioned several times on Food Network. We went early this past Saturday evening. We shared the cajun shrimp appetizer which came with a few batter dipped peppers as well. It was very tasty. I had the seafood pasta and found it very flavorful and the portion was nice. My husband had the catfish sandwich which was also tasty but thought the fish portion was a bit skimpy. It came with a side of sweet potatoe fries that were excellent. The service was very good. We are anxious to come back and try other entrees or come for brunch the selection looks very appetizing.Special Features:
- Very nice food, we were 10wendyDined on 12/7/2013Very nice food, we were 10 people and ordered 9 different dishes, and all were very tasty. Friendly service, all over a good experience and a really good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont picket picket fences...woodwrightDined on 11/23/2013Great little place. Attentive service, decent wine list and the food was well prepared and very good. Price was exactly what I'd expect for dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialBijouxVIPDined on 9/29/2013Just a decent neighborhood cafe with fresh food but nothing extraordinary here.
- Nice neighborhood spot but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013I understand why this restaurant was recommended but its more of a neighborhood spot to grab food and not necessarily a restaurant to recommend to out of town guest. The food was tasty but certain things did not meet the mark. The bread on my sandwich was too hard to chew. I needed to open it and eat it without he bread (as did the lady at the table next to me) . The service was only service. Nothing spectacular, exciting and I can't even say they were friendly. If I lived down the street I would eat there but that's he only reason.Special Features:
- love this placedbb1Dined on 7/27/2013I have been to picket fence twice now and both times have been great in every way. I love the service and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit for great food.FinedinerDined on 7/21/2013We had read service was slow so we were prepared for that. The time to get our food to the table was reasonable and we were offered drinks during the wait. Staff was very attentive. The restaurant was 1/2 full on a Sunday evening. The food was very fresh and presented well. We both had salads (mixed greens and roasted root salad with endive). Our entrees were fish and chips and fried chicken with Gouda Mac n cheese. Excellent! I agree with another reviewer that everyone can find something they like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little PlaceAlexDined on 7/12/2013I really liked this place. The food was great and they were very friendly. It's nice inside, too, although they could stand to dim the lights a bit in the evening hours so it feels a bit more intimate. But that's a minor quibble considering how good the food was.Special Features:
- Picket Fences - not so cool in heatTheatreFanDined on 6/30/2013We went on a very warm Sunday night. A/C was much needed and not very impressive to those of us who suffer greatly from heat. Three of our party got meals at once; one person had to wait quite a while for hers to arrive. We noticed the same thing happened at the next table when the wrong order was brought. Also, we asked for our check; the waiter asked if we wanted another round of drinks. Strange. The food was actually quite good but the service was so uneven. We're not sure we are so eager to return.Special Features:
- Great Find in Heart of BrooklynTneckMOMVIPDined on 5/12/2013My daughter took us to PICKET FENCE for Mother's Day, and what a nice surprise! Only a short walk from her apartment through beautiful Prospect Park South neighborhood close to her apartment, we were seated in the open garden on a lovely sunny afternoon (little bit windy, but with the sun out it was nice). We split a arugula/apricot & goat cheese salad and plate of calamari with a yummy sweet dip, then dined on either steak or scallops, complete with delicious sides. My vegetable risotto was especially good, not sticky. Wine choices were not so great, but we found a bottle of chardonnay that was good, and the ambiance was relaxed. We would definitely revisit this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013One of my favorite restaurants ! Just try everything you can't go wrong :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took part in the last nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013We took part in the last night of Dine In Brooklyn at the Picket Fence. The food was delicious, but do not eat there if you are in a hurry.Special Features:
- Good food, fantastic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2013Good food, fantastic service! Brooklyn dine-in was a great deal!Special Features:
- The food is fine and the serversOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/20/2013The food is fine and the servers are polite and mean well. There are only 2 servers in the restaurant and they are always overwhelmed. It takes heroic efforts to get their attention if you would like to order food and drinks. The kitchen is also very slow. Perhaps they do a big delivery business but diners should not have to wait 45 minutes for food.Special Features:
- First time here, I live fairlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013First time here, I live fairly close. Came here with my family, the staff were friendly and the food was good! the mimosa werent all that great, not enough Champaign!!. My food was tasteful! I order Omelet with Asparagus, Fontina and Caramelized Onions which I would Recommend! The Bacon was amamzing! Crispy just the way i like it!Special Features:
- LOVE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013LOVE this place. My husband and I went here for Valentine's Day. In a word: FANTASTIC. The staff is really nice, and you really should try this place for brunch. Their unlimited mimosas are great.Special Features:
- Don't be fooled by the picture.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013First of all the picture that is on Open Table is the wrong photo. I would say it looked more like an expensive chinese takeout restaurant; and by the way, they do provide takeout. Which was the reason our order took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to us. Supposedly there were thirty takeout orders ahead of us, so we had to wait for those to be delivered before we could get our food. Whats the sense then of dining in? We should of just called in and ordered and wait the hour in our house. Overall it has potential, but it's just not there yet..... has a long way to go. The food was ok, maybe a 4 out of 10. The menu looked like a something out of one of those old local diners of yesteryear. Not going back unless serious improvements are madeSpecial Features:
- GREAT!!!! ENDLESS MIMOSASOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012I had a GREAT TIME. The endless mimosas are KEY. LOVE IT!!Special Features:
- Cute place! Not an extensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2012Cute place! Not an extensive menu but devised of comfy food. I had skillet roasted chicken with squash; very delicious! My friend ordered skirt steak and raved about it! Desserts were delicious as well. The service was very attentive and friendly. Very enjoyable and plan to go back.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Great service and great food for not much money. The baked eggs are superb. Overall, a great Brooklyn find.Special Features:
- Try the baked eggsGloriacharleneDined on 11/11/2012A cozy, low-key restaurant. The best brunch dish = baked eggs. Truly delicious!Special Features:
- I enjoyed brunch here so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2012I enjoyed brunch here so much that I booked my birthday celebration. Having no idea we had a reservation, they had to clean tables and put together a table for 6. Once seated, it took 10 min for anyone to take our order, and he was asking for food orders, not whether we wanted drinks. They had run out of pinot grigio--when you serve only wine and beer, and only a few options for each of those, how can you be out? They had a twin lobster special; we asked whether there would be enough lobsters for all of us; we were told there were "plenty." After taking our orders, he returned to tell us that there were only 8, so 2 of us had to change our orders. The lobster was overcooked, and we had to ask numerous times for butter to go with it.
- had an amazing veggie burgerLisagVIPDined on 8/2/2012had an amazing veggie burger with goat cheese cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Our waitress summed up theNickDined on 7/21/2012Our waitress summed up the brunch offerings aptly: "unlimited mimosas if you want to get lit before noon!" Otherwise it's on the lower-end of run-of-the-mill.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2012The staff was very friendly and helpful. It should be noted that they do serve food between lunch and dinner. Our reservation was for 5pm, we arrived early and had to wait until 5pm before they would take our order.Special Features:
- It's hard to recommend a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012It's hard to recommend a place when you go there the first time on mother's day, they clearly were not prepared for the warm weather or the people that had no reservations. My daughter and I wanted to try this place and our food was fair, however they need to clean up the act in the outside dinning.............I would give them an other chance, but not on a holiday.Special Features:
- I've been twice. The foodcdcxprssDined on 5/11/2012I've been twice. The food was great both times. However, the service was a bit slow and it wasn't crowded. I do plan to dine there again.Special Features:
- Truly excellent comfort foodWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 4/5/2012A wonderful spot for home-syle cooking. Worth a trip from anywhere in the borough!Special Features:
- Great food, fair pricesWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 3/29/2012By far one of the best in the area. Good food, attentive service. An informal atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fried chicken was tasty.hlauDined on 2/27/2012Fried chicken was tasty. Fried calamari was disappointing- very chewy. I think there are new owners.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2012Everything was excellent but the fried calamari was exceptional. It was light and tender and the sauce was a nice change of pace from the usual.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good butOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/6/2011The food was pretty good but the service was very erratic and the noise was overwhelming.
- This is my second time backCrystalVIPDined on 11/3/2011This is my second time back and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I had the pot pie again and I remember it being much better the first time. I think I should have gotten their prix-fixe menu which sounded like a steal for $25. I do really enjoy this place and their service is always very good.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. PicketOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2011The food was excellent. Picket Fence definitely lives up to its description of comfort food. The menu isn't complicated to read and filled with simple dishes that taste great. I've never had anything on the menu I didn't like.Special Features: