5 Dudley Ave
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://piccolovenice.com/
- Phone: 3103143222x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00
Friday - Saturday: 5:30- 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bobo Ivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Speedway / 1 block south of Rose avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available on Speedway off Rose Ave. Alternative parking is also available at the end of Rose Ave. at a public parking lot (must pay at entrance, and place ticket on windshield). Please visit our website, www.piccolovenice.com, for a map and detailed directions.
"At Piccolo, the tiny Italian spot in Venice, offers something more than standard fare.
It's an Indian summer night on the Venice boardwalk and a typically Fellini-esque scene with poncho-wearing retro hippies beating out tunes on battered guitars while skaters speed among joggers, bikers and beach lovers walking their pooches.
The crescent moon hangs above the palm trees ruffled by the salty breeze. And at 5 Dudley Ave., a block from the beach, bohemian bons vivants are sipping wine at tables in front of Piccolo Ristorante Italiano.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- PerfectionEatsoutVIPDined on 9/28/2014This fabulous restaurant hidden on a side street steps from the water in Venice deserves accolades! The service was outstanding with great attention to detail. The bread basket arrived filled with delicious homemade breads. For our first course we split the sea scallops in a parmesan truffle fondue. The scallops were made to perfection and seemed to melt in your mouth. Next we had the squid ink pasta which left the perfect hint of the sea on your palate. The most delicious entree was the pork chop. Desserts were also incredible. In particular we enjoyed the semifreddo. Did I forget to mention the interesting wine list. This restaurant is a must if you are in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- stellar evening!acquiredtasteDined on 9/26/2014We loved the entire experience from the gracious staff (ever-attentive with suggestions, water refills, wine recommendations) to the spectacular food. Remarkable asparagus soup with lobster was a special item, then the scallop appetizer, and on to the entree of agnolotti. For desert, cream puffs filled with hazelnut chocolate. Highly recommend. Note that it is a loud room so not for first dates, perhaps, or important conversations. Excellent otherwise.Special Features:
- Not as good...ses716VIPDined on 9/26/2014as I recall-- Food was better on my previous visit--I think this group now has another restaurant in Beverly Hills--maybe the good chef went there--Special Features:
- Average at bestIEatVIPDined on 9/20/2014valet was very friendly but that's about it. Food was mediocre at best, service was average. $100 later for two and we actually ended up getting a second dinner elsewhere. I would not go back. My second dinner at bottle rock was much better. Better tasting and better service.
- amazingBLDloverVIPDined on 9/19/2014There's nothing to say about Piccolo that hasn't already been said. The food is out of this world. The service is great (if a little officious at times). The physical space is utterly charming...expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2014probably the best Italian food in LA. the service is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a great dinner here. Food was delicious, we had a course menu. Only thing odd about the course menu was two pasta dishes were served. Enjoyed the food and the wine that our server picked out for us. Service was great and had a really nice table which was wonderful since we were celebrating a birthday that night. As always this is a great place to eat in Venice, so unexpected to find such a nice restaurant practically on the Boardwalk.Special Features:
- Out4dinnerDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to Piccolo and it does not disappoint. The service is impeccable as is the presentation of the food and the taste. It is by far the best restaurant in Los Angeles and my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time spent there reminds meJeremylovesFoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014Every time I go to Piccolo it reminds me once again I call this restaurant my favorite in Los Angeles. Piccolo is classy and is fit for a King. The food is outstanding and decorated beautifully, the service is top notch and the ambience is a little hiden gem between Venice and Santa Monica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WsterlingDined on 8/24/2014Served us chicken and passed it off as pheasant. Also tasted like gasoline from the oil in the pan catching on fire. Everything else was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Cibo di qualità normali, piatti miseri come se fossimo in chiasa quale grande ristorante stellato mentre non è per niente cosí Per non parlare poi del conto esagerato con tanto di gratuity(18) inclusa nel conto quando in america si include la gratuity solo dalle 6 persone in poi al tavolo mentre noi eravamo 4! Lo sconsiglio assolutamente Normal food, small portions and am expansive bill Absolutely to avoid
- way too expensiveromanaDined on 8/17/2014the ambience, the pretensiousness, the small portions... all there. the prices are obscenely high for what you get. couldn't make a simple tomato/basilico sauce for the kids. my squid ink pasta was pretty dry. i've had better at my beach haunts near rome... overall, a mediocre experience.Special Features:
- Overworked and under spicedeclecticeaterVIPDined on 8/17/2014All plates beautiful to look at, artistic rolades,etc. But 2of4 first courses were bland, 4 of 4 main plates were bland and boring. Mixtures of very interesting sounding "stuffings" were either mixed or blanched to a mushy tasteless goo. Italian in style only- would not survive a month in any major city in Italy.
- Tasting Menu Too ExpensiveUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 8/16/2014Tasting menu was too expensive for what you received. Food was good. Wine was excellent and dessert was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorriblefoodieloversVIPDined on 8/15/2014Let me just say we dine out 5 nights a week, so we are very savvy foodies and involved in the restaurant business. The staff is beyond rude. The restaurant was half empty and they wanted to seat across the the "Hot" kitchen, the worst table in the house. We declined. They let us stand there and wanted to take the bottle of wine we brought. We said we don't know if we are going to stay so prefer to hold on to the wine. Continued to ignore us, so we left to go elsewhere....Il Pastasio...who know what service is!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Superb food, superb service, a little hard to find, but worth it all. We have not had such a great dinner in a long time. This is a treasure!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Very nice restaurant. Staff excellent and well trained. Food pricey and portions small, but very good. But do highly recommend.Special Features:
- Piccolo never dissapointsDaniGDined on 7/26/2014Each time I get to dine at Piccolo I know it's going to be special. The food is truly delicious, the staff and service are warm, welcoming and spot on. The atmosphere is vibrant and fun. I always leave here feeling satisfied. Piccolo has become our "go to" place when we want to be guaranteed a great time.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal!theronesDined on 7/26/2014I eat here every so often, as it's not cheap, but the food is outstanding and they know how to cook pasta. It's always al dente with just enough sauce to coat, not drown. This time was for dineLA and my date and I ordered their 5 courses for $45. The portions were just right for a satisfying, but not over-stuffed dinner with a ton of different flavors and textures.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundberjVIPDined on 7/26/2014Thank you again for another memorable night. It was worth the 2 hour drive (each way)!Special Features:
- Great prix fixe dinnerFilbertimoDined on 7/25/2014We went here for Restaurant Week and had a five course dinner for $45 which we thought was a great deal. The taggliatini trufaleto (truffle pasta) was perfect, and all the other courses were delicious as well: branzino tartare , veal shank, duck ragu, squid ink pasta, and Australian kobe strip steak. The bread was delicious too, reminiscent of L2O Chicago (in its better days). I would love to go back for their full 6 or 8 course meals, even without the Restaurant Week deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude manager--good foodTellceeDined on 7/24/2014My husband is a Type 1 diabetic and cannot eat gluten. The manager said no substitutions for 2 courses of pasta on the LA restaurant week special. Then they forgot the birthday candle and celebration altogether. The manager treated us like we insulted him about "his" decisions. We would not go back again. The price is not worth the money.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerChowHoundVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went for Dine LA restaurant week. The food was amazing and the service was truly spectacular!! I would go here on a date or for any special occasion. Love!!Special Features:
- thank you.boauniDined on 7/23/2014This is the second year we've come for LA Restaurant Week. It is the best deal in town. Food fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for DineLAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014This was my 2nd time coming here for a DineLA Restaurant Week dinner. Love that I can get venison, duck, veal + truffle shavings all in one meal for only $45. The service is impeccable with silverware changed out after each course. Our only complaint was that the pasta courses were almost all too salty.Special Features:
- Good experienceMDennyDined on 7/19/2014We took advantage of DineLa to return to this restaurant. Three of the five miniscule dishes of the five course tasting menu were delicious. We thought the boneless veal shank was too dry, although it was very tasty and we ate every morsel, and were unimpressed by the desert, a thin slice of something white, cold and overly sweet, and a little puff pastry filed with light chocolate cream. Service was great, the wine excellent (although I personally think the list is too expensive), and the ambiance just what we expected. All in all, we left quite satisfied.Special Features:
- Brilliant Dining Experience!WestSideLocal110Dined on 7/19/2014Leave it to the Chef! Thank you Bobo for an extraordinary culinary experience! It was perfection, every bite. Bobo's choice tasting menu is just what very other west side restaurant in missing - a master at his craft delivering every course better than the last, creating a symphony with food and closing with a selection of desserts that will leave you craving more. The portions upon presentation seem petit yet elegance, but trust me, you will leave this gem comfortably full and wanting to make your next reservation. Amazing place and thank you all at Piccolo for providing a dining experience Venice desperately needed.Special Features:
- 90025aVIPDined on 7/17/2014amazing on all levels. Excellent choices. Great staff.Special Features:
- sjbismeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Piccolo is consistently excellent. Terrific service, nice setting (if you sit near the front you can see the ocean in the distance). Perhaps the best pasta in LA. Piccolo is why you dine out - original preparations you cannot make at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy establishmentHumanGarabageDisposalDined on 7/14/2014We went for dine LA, the food and service was great. If you are looking for pricey Italian food this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Scallops were melt-in-your-mouth amazing. Venison carpaccio good. My issue was with the tortellini and ravioli dishes. The overall flavor was there, but at this type of place, and for the price, I do not expect, or want to eat chalky and crumbly cooked pasta. It ruined the dishes. Not sure what the cooking process entailed, but if I can cook great pasta on my stove at home, I certainly expect the same from professionals. Normally, would say a second chance is due, or maybe an off night, but when you pay $40 for a pasta dish that fits in one hand, it should be right every single time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian restaurant in LAMicheleDined on 7/11/2014There are a few good italian restaurant in LA, bit if you look for something different and more sofisticated go to Piccolo. I am Italian and I am a foody.
- Wined and DinedTonyBDined on 7/7/2014Expensive but worth every penny. This is everything a romantic restaurant should be. We had the chef's choice multiple courses. If there's anything you can't eat, let them know and they will exclude it. Otherwise each bite is a fantastic taste treat, and includes an amazing dessert tray at the end. Small and romantic atmosphere, steps from the beach. The wait service was attentive and professional and anticipated our every need. I took my wife here for our anniversary, and she still raves about it. Highly recommended for a special occasion with that certain someone or anytime you want to be pampered with great food.Special Features:
- CharmingPeaceandfoodDined on 7/5/2014You will love the charming ambiance in the midst of a frenetic boardwalk. Everything else was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!venicelocalVIPDined on 6/30/2014It was our third visit and every time it gets better. We have done the tasting menu with wine pairings every time and we always enjoy the amazing dishes that Chef Bobo creates along with the great wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wines/ service, awful food4honest1reviewDined on 6/28/2014A noisy experience since one table was extremely loud and was disturbing- kind of touristy crowd- Salads were very small pressed together in a 3" circle and almost non existent on the menu- My fish was never grilled,tasted greasy & fishy - Desert seemed to have come out of a box never made there- The atmosphere tries to be romantic with inspirations from Venice through images on walls and a few masks- I will not bother going there again- Also the street location in Venice at night is home to many homeless men sitting under the wall greeting you as you leave the restaurant to go back to the boardwalk- made me feel the whole area is rundown and unsafe to walk as I might get attacked or bothered-Special Features:
- Piccolo is divineVirginiaDined on 6/21/2014What lusciousness! Watercress salad with palmitos and pecorino. A caprese that looks like a parfait and tastes like clouds of essence of tomatoes and basil. An amazing buckwheat tagliolini with squab, a gorgeous disc of quail egg (!) lasagna with a pungent shaving of black truffle. Steps from Venice beach, a thriving outpost of Venice, Italy. Unforgettable.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodDinergirlDined on 6/21/2014Piccolo's setting is pleasing but the food was mediocre. The fish was pretty fishy tasting and the flavor was just average. The watercress salad was the best item we had. Service was generally attentive bit we had several servers, many of which repeated the specials. It was overpriced for what is was.
- PiccoloOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014Been here a few times, food is outstanding and creative. Came here again for a special event Saturday night. Food was incredible and what an oasis in an interesting neighborhood. I wish that the help would be more approachable and willing to discuss but there is an arrogance to the waitstaff. I wanted to see what we could do to share an appetizer or appetizers with the table as well as a pasta dish and they just explained it couldn't be done, which it could have easily done with the pasta dish and they did with one of the appetizers. Food was amazing though, just wish they would be more approachable, they are busy, but would be good to feel good about the interaction with the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceAnatanDined on 6/20/2014Came here for the first time. It was well worth the money. The staff was great and we had the scallops, watercress salad, venison ragu, and wagyu beef. All were excellent. Then upon leaving we got a flat tire and decided to wait inside for AAA to arrive. The staff took care of us and even gave us glasses of wine on the house for our inconvenience. Classy establishment with authentic Italian food and great people. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.