5 Dudley Ave
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://piccolovenice.com/
- Phone: (310) 314-3222
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00
Friday - Saturday: 5:30- 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bobo Ivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Speedway / 1 block south of Rose avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available on Speedway off Rose Ave. Alternative parking is also available at the end of Rose Ave. at a public parking lot (must pay at entrance, and place ticket on windshield). Please visit our website, www.piccolovenice.com, for a map and detailed directions.
"At Piccolo, the tiny Italian spot in Venice, offers something more than standard fare.
It's an Indian summer night on the Venice boardwalk and a typically Fellini-esque scene with poncho-wearing retro hippies beating out tunes on battered guitars while skaters speed among joggers, bikers and beach lovers walking their pooches.
The crescent moon hangs above the palm trees ruffled by the salty breeze. And at 5 Dudley Ave., a block from the beach, bohemian bons vivants are sipping wine at tables in front of Piccolo Ristorante Italiano.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- À little bit tio muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Dame herefot the second time Witherspoon visitens friends from Europe. Was almost empty on arrival at 7 pm on a Tuesday. Nice food, but very small portions and very expensive for what you are getting. Every pasta dish minimum $28, and wines by the glass minimum $15. So, in my opinion not really worth it.......Special Features:
- foodrocks2014Dined on 11/11/2014Pork chop was overcooked, over priced and dry Pasta portions were VERY small. Pasta is cheap. Why wouldn't you give the customer a decent portion? Desserts were excellent! Lighting was nice. Service was great. Pleasant atmosphere. Not to loud.Special Features:
- MurrayDined on 11/11/2014Pretentious and snooty.Food sounded good but tasted decidedly average.
- DeliciousLauraDined on 11/8/2014We went there for our wedding anniversary. The table wasn't free when we arrived, so we were given complimentary prosecco! A nice touch as there's nowhere to wait except outside the restaurant by Venice boardwalk. We opted for the taster menu and it was delicious - excellently prepared and the service was impeccable. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good foodFoodieMDVIPDined on 11/7/2014But very small portions and very expensive. So kinda disappointing..Special Features:
- Much a do About NothingCwreviewsDined on 11/6/2014Our Italian "Lurch" of a waiter wasn't personable. Everyone rushed us through our meal. Food was delicious but very pricey. Alan's meal was about 8 ravioli at 4 bucks a bite. And I mean bite. We left hungry and went to a cute tapas place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Very very small portions. Over priced and generally not impressedSpecial Features:
- Best Italian in LAVeniceFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food is fantastic... Veal in Black is my favorite. Any of the pastas are fantastic.. Vension Ragu is out of this world. Staff are attentive and so friendly. They treat you like royalty. I have been coming here for years and cannot rave enough about this place. All their restaurants are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jorjoDined on 10/24/2014Every bite was amazing! I still dream about all the wonderful components and innovation that went into everything on the menu!Special Features:
- A new favorite on the oceanbaselineDined on 10/24/2014Every course we had was spectacular--the crescione salad, quail lasagna, and lobster risotto, all to die for. Even the bread was wonderful. This is now one of our go to spots when we visit Santa Monica and Venice.Special Features:
- Included gratuity?StellaDined on 10/21/2014I live in Santa Monica. I invited my brother from Paris at this restaurant . We spoke French together. We were charged 20% included gratuity. There was an additional gratuity , I put 0. It's the first time I see that . Did they think we would'nt tip at all because we are French?Special Features:
- Amazing foodluckybVIPDined on 10/16/2014This was my third visit and the food is as good as ever. Lat I was there was couple years ago and I must say that the prices have risen sharply and the wine list is pricey as the least expensive wine on the menu is $55Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowfoodieintrainingDined on 10/11/2014We were staying at a hotel nearby and lucked out with this Venice gem. One of the best meals I've ever head. Home made pasta was fantastic, flavors were bold and exciting. Atmosphere and service was exceptional. Great for a special occasion or date night out.Special Features:
- goodfoodDined on 10/10/2014great food, service amazing. You feel like your in Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HostMRJTDined on 10/3/2014Charming, authentic Italian, unusual entrees- but everything tasted great. Fish choices were limited (one) but everyone still got something great. Service was attentive without being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Intimate SettingTheRealZanderDined on 10/2/2014It's rare to find a restaurant in Venice that offers classic tastes with white table clothes and impeccable service. My girlfriend and I had an excellent experience at Piccolo and will definitely come back when we want to have a romantic evening out. I recommend this spot when you're looking for a quiet evening with intimate company. We started with a simple water cress salad with avocado and hearts of palms and then had the sea urchin spaghetti and the quail lasagna and had two glasses of a nice red. Everything was fantastic!Special Features:
- PerfectionEatsoutVIPDined on 9/28/2014This fabulous restaurant hidden on a side street steps from the water in Venice deserves accolades! The service was outstanding with great attention to detail. The bread basket arrived filled with delicious homemade breads. For our first course we split the sea scallops in a parmesan truffle fondue. The scallops were made to perfection and seemed to melt in your mouth. Next we had the squid ink pasta which left the perfect hint of the sea on your palate. The most delicious entree was the pork chop. Desserts were also incredible. In particular we enjoyed the semifreddo. Did I forget to mention the interesting wine list. This restaurant is a must if you are in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- stellar evening!acquiredtasteDined on 9/26/2014We loved the entire experience from the gracious staff (ever-attentive with suggestions, water refills, wine recommendations) to the spectacular food. Remarkable asparagus soup with lobster was a special item, then the scallop appetizer, and on to the entree of agnolotti. For desert, cream puffs filled with hazelnut chocolate. Highly recommend. Note that it is a loud room so not for first dates, perhaps, or important conversations. Excellent otherwise.Special Features:
- Not as good...ses716VIPDined on 9/26/2014as I recall-- Food was better on my previous visit--I think this group now has another restaurant in Beverly Hills--maybe the good chef went there--Special Features:
- Average at bestIEatVIPDined on 9/20/2014valet was very friendly but that's about it. Food was mediocre at best, service was average. $100 later for two and we actually ended up getting a second dinner elsewhere. I would not go back. My second dinner at bottle rock was much better. Better tasting and better service.
- amazingBLDloverVIPDined on 9/19/2014There's nothing to say about Piccolo that hasn't already been said. The food is out of this world. The service is great (if a little officious at times). The physical space is utterly charming...expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2014probably the best Italian food in LA. the service is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a great dinner here. Food was delicious, we had a course menu. Only thing odd about the course menu was two pasta dishes were served. Enjoyed the food and the wine that our server picked out for us. Service was great and had a really nice table which was wonderful since we were celebrating a birthday that night. As always this is a great place to eat in Venice, so unexpected to find such a nice restaurant practically on the Boardwalk.Special Features:
- Tasty food, but small portionsOCfoodie81Dined on 9/3/2014Food was great, as it was on a previous visit. Less than common dishes offered here, and everything is delicious and beautifully presented. Unfortunately, the size of the portions shrunk vastly since my previous visit. This may have been because it was part of a Blackboard Eats special, or could just be the change to the menu in general. Much less of a value now sadly. But cute location, friendly and helpful staff, and awesome food.Special Features:
- Out4dinnerDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to Piccolo and it does not disappoint. The service is impeccable as is the presentation of the food and the taste. It is by far the best restaurant in Los Angeles and my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time spent there reminds meJeremylovesFoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014Every time I go to Piccolo it reminds me once again I call this restaurant my favorite in Los Angeles. Piccolo is classy and is fit for a King. The food is outstanding and decorated beautifully, the service is top notch and the ambience is a little hiden gem between Venice and Santa Monica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WsterlingDined on 8/24/2014Served us chicken and passed it off as pheasant. Also tasted like gasoline from the oil in the pan catching on fire. Everything else was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Cibo di qualità normali, piatti miseri come se fossimo in chiasa quale grande ristorante stellato mentre non è per niente cosí Per non parlare poi del conto esagerato con tanto di gratuity(18) inclusa nel conto quando in america si include la gratuity solo dalle 6 persone in poi al tavolo mentre noi eravamo 4! Lo sconsiglio assolutamente Normal food, small portions and am expansive bill Absolutely to avoid
- way too expensiveromanaDined on 8/17/2014the ambience, the pretensiousness, the small portions... all there. the prices are obscenely high for what you get. couldn't make a simple tomato/basilico sauce for the kids. my squid ink pasta was pretty dry. i've had better at my beach haunts near rome... overall, a mediocre experience.Special Features:
- Overworked and under spicedeclecticeaterVIPDined on 8/17/2014All plates beautiful to look at, artistic rolades,etc. But 2of4 first courses were bland, 4 of 4 main plates were bland and boring. Mixtures of very interesting sounding "stuffings" were either mixed or blanched to a mushy tasteless goo. Italian in style only- would not survive a month in any major city in Italy.
- Tasting Menu Too ExpensiveUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 8/16/2014Tasting menu was too expensive for what you received. Food was good. Wine was excellent and dessert was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorriblefoodieloversVIPDined on 8/15/2014Let me just say we dine out 5 nights a week, so we are very savvy foodies and involved in the restaurant business. The staff is beyond rude. The restaurant was half empty and they wanted to seat across the the "Hot" kitchen, the worst table in the house. We declined. They let us stand there and wanted to take the bottle of wine we brought. We said we don't know if we are going to stay so prefer to hold on to the wine. Continued to ignore us, so we left to go elsewhere....Il Pastasio...who know what service is!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Superb food, superb service, a little hard to find, but worth it all. We have not had such a great dinner in a long time. This is a treasure!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Very nice restaurant. Staff excellent and well trained. Food pricey and portions small, but very good. But do highly recommend.Special Features:
- The following 603 reviews are from the Piccolo Venice reviews archive.
- Piccolo never dissapointsDaniGDined on 7/26/2014Each time I get to dine at Piccolo I know it's going to be special. The food is truly delicious, the staff and service are warm, welcoming and spot on. The atmosphere is vibrant and fun. I always leave here feeling satisfied. Piccolo has become our "go to" place when we want to be guaranteed a great time.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal!theronesDined on 7/26/2014I eat here every so often, as it's not cheap, but the food is outstanding and they know how to cook pasta. It's always al dente with just enough sauce to coat, not drown. This time was for dineLA and my date and I ordered their 5 courses for $45. The portions were just right for a satisfying, but not over-stuffed dinner with a ton of different flavors and textures.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundberjVIPDined on 7/26/2014Thank you again for another memorable night. It was worth the 2 hour drive (each way)!Special Features:
- Great prix fixe dinnerFilbertimoDined on 7/25/2014We went here for Restaurant Week and had a five course dinner for $45 which we thought was a great deal. The taggliatini trufaleto (truffle pasta) was perfect, and all the other courses were delicious as well: branzino tartare , veal shank, duck ragu, squid ink pasta, and Australian kobe strip steak. The bread was delicious too, reminiscent of L2O Chicago (in its better days). I would love to go back for their full 6 or 8 course meals, even without the Restaurant Week deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude manager--good foodTellceeDined on 7/24/2014My husband is a Type 1 diabetic and cannot eat gluten. The manager said no substitutions for 2 courses of pasta on the LA restaurant week special. Then they forgot the birthday candle and celebration altogether. The manager treated us like we insulted him about "his" decisions. We would not go back again. The price is not worth the money.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerChowHoundVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went for Dine LA restaurant week. The food was amazing and the service was truly spectacular!! I would go here on a date or for any special occasion. Love!!Special Features: