Piccolo Trattoria - Newtown
32 West Road
Newtown, PA 18940Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piccolo Trattoria - Newtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolotrattoria.com/
- Phone: (215) 860-4247
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Fami
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Piccolo Trattoria is known for our on-site & off-site premium catering where no party is too small or too large.
Piccolo Trattoria’s savory fares from seafood to pizza makes us 'Sempre Delizio!'
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available. Please call us to arrange for your party.
- Private Party Contact: Sal 215-860-4247
- Entertainment: Occassional and Seasonal Entertainment
A word from Piccolo Trattoria - Newtown
Piccolo Trattoria is Bucks County’s finest BYOB & casual dining restaurant. From the moment you arrive in our Tuscan setting restaurant, the feeling of family & home is evident, from our homemade pasta, to our milk-fed veal & prime cuts of beef, pork, lamb & poultry. Arriving daily are deliveries of only fresh seafood from all ports of the world. Cooked to perfection & sautéed with our Chef’s inspired sauces that culminate in the flavors leaping from your plate. Piccolo Trattoria offers fine dining & bistro menu featuring gourmet Panini sandwiches, exotic salads, fresh pasta e fagioli & soups, & of course our large selection of gourmet hand-tossed pizza. Savor our famous signature Brooklyn Pie – made from fresh plum tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, virgin olive oil, & fresh basil then cooked to perfection, as well as our homemade dolce & our fresh brewed cappuccino. Our savory dishes from seafood to pizza makes so us “Sempre Delizio". Grazie! FamiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Piccolo Trattoria - Newtown - Best Restaurants in Newtown ›
Piccolo Trattoria - Newtown reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (6)hot spot (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- DianeDLK2336Dined on 10/18/2014We had a very nice dinner. Food was really good. Booth was a little small for our party of 4, but the food made up for it.Special Features:
- OutstandingmgspadaccinoDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our experience at Piccolo's. The food is never disappointing, from dipping oil for bread to desserts. I haven't had a dish I didn't like. The staff are on point. We made reservations for a Friday night, it was very busy. We decided this will be our go to restaurant. The owner walked around making sure everyone was satisfied with their meals.Special Features:
- Family DinnerDLdinerDined on 10/11/2014This is a reliable neighborhood Italian restaurant. They have a varied menu so you can get anything from a hamburger, to a pizza, salad, or nicely prepared Italian dish. The food is consistently good. The pasta is made well and the sauce is homemade. Good for a group or a local meal.Special Features:
- SolidManhattantoPAVIPDined on 10/11/2014Strong and fresh italian, definitely exceeded our "strip mall italian" recommendations. Stands up well against Manhattan neighborhood italian spots, they just need exposed brick and a little more ambiance. Salmon farfalle was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much More Than Great Pizza!GreatFoodFanDined on 10/5/2014We've been dining at Piccolo's ever since they opened. It's one of the best restaurants in the area. Their pizza is the best in the area. Their entrees are well prepared and served hot. It's truly authentic Italian food. The veal dishes are my favorite. They make their own rolls and they are so good that I buy extra to take home. The service is friendly and accommodating. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencebobby62Dined on 9/13/2014This was a Saturday night. We made the internet reservation for 8P and were seated within 5 minutes. There were a few large parties waiting or actually seated (a 17). Stephanie was our server. She opened our wine and explained the specials. We ordered from the specials without opening the menu. App. was wonderful, tomato, eggplant and cheese with Italian ham over greens. Entrees came out after a time which was fine allowing up to talk. Veal chop and veal Oscar were well presented and tasted excellent. Shared a very rich dessert. All in all a great time. Stephanie, our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Consistently very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great local BYOB. Large diverse menu - from a "Brooklyn Pizza" to a large Veal Chop Parm. Lots of good pasta, chicken, veal, seafood diners. Prices are reasonable. Dinners include a soup or salad. Make a reservation on weekends!Special Features:
- Fabulous MealSteakLoversVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a fabulous meal on Saturday night. The food is consistently good, always fresh. The staff will cater to you if you have special dietary needs. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection. My friend had the sea bass special that was spectacular, the best she ever had. They also have a wonderful calamari appetizer that is not breaded or fried. It was delicious! Came with a light lemon vinaigrette on it. I strongly suggest trying it, you won't be disappointed. Coffee and desserts were also wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling Italian is a BYOBsavannahtraveler2013VIPDined on 9/5/2014Very energetic, good looking restaurant where everyone is having a good time. Huge menu, but very well done courses. Don't let the fact that it is in a shopping center deter you. in fact, there's plenty of parking. We were sat immediately upon arrival, and greeted by 3 friendly people. Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- pcje4VIPDined on 8/24/2014Visiting the area and ate at Piccolo Trattoria based on reviews. Didn't disappoint. Were seated in a quiet area, as per our request and the service was excellent. Food also excellent. If we didn't leave hours away, would certainly make this a regular dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The service was great but we were the only ones in the place. Our waiters were helpful and courteous. The food was very good but not 5 star. would recommend to friend.Special Features:
- First visitddudeDined on 8/21/2014First visit, but it was recommended to us by the folks we took out for dinner for their 50th wedding anniversary. Great food, great service. We look forward to returning sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't figure what happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Our third time at Piccolo. The night starts perfectly. Our server was friendly, attentive and efficient. The meal as usual was delicious from soup and salad, to rolls, to entrees. Somewhere somehow our server seemed to have lost something. Somebody stole his mojo. No sooner had I said to my wife I think I'll. have an after dinner espresso when he dropped off our check and moved on. No offer of desert or coffee no comment about our night at all. We paid by credit card he brought it back and still no interaction. There was absolutely no reason for this. We're not those kind of customers. We left kind of feeling cheated. Needless to say his tip reflected this abrupt personality change and we both felt badly about that.Special Features:
- Local RestaurantDLdinerDined on 8/10/2014Haven't been here in many years. This is a great local Italian restaurant. Anyone can find something on this large menu. There are interesting dishes and everything was good. The service was great and the prices in line. It is attractive inside and overall, it was a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top Notchdeb4Dined on 8/4/2014We had a very pleasureable dining experience.We shared a 16" Works pizza. The toppings and the crust were excellent. Our server was very pleaseant and attentive.Special Features:
- Another great dining experience!TomZapVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is our Go To " BYOB in the Newtown, Pa area. The staff are so friendly and make you feel like family. Great menu which has a very good selection of Beef, Chicken, Seafood and Vegetable dishes. We both started off last night with a special soup dish, Crab bisque which was so tasty. My wife had the Eggplant Rollatini and I had the Shrimp Portofino. Both meals were over the top. We shared the Mango Mousse for desert, it was a real treat to finish. Also, there is no fee for uncorking..if you have a special request on how you want your food prepared they will accommodate. Lastly, ask to be seated in Salu's area. He is the best and so friendly..Special Features:
- BYOB FavoriteFrankDined on 7/28/2014Very enjoyable evening. The food was good and our server was excellent. My wife and I had "all-you can eat" mussels with pasta. The mussels were tasty but small. We both had a second helping of mussels and since they were tiny, I would have had a third but the server said two was the limit. Disappointed, but overall satisfied with the meal.Special Features:
- Mike9991Dined on 7/18/2014Have been at the restaurant many times.Have great food and service ,friendly waters.Would love for them to get into a full bar but excellant the way it is.Ps love the musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and reasonablekimpy225Dined on 7/13/2014My meal came with a soup or salad. The house dressing was great. Another person in my party had the crab and corn bisque which he said was very good as well. All meals were delicious, and the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMick0860Dined on 7/12/2014The food here is delicious. There is a huge menu to select from. The waiter and waitresses are very cordial. Overall it was an excellent dinner experience. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Winnerdeb4Dined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed another fine dinner at Piccolo.The food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Loved every thing we ordered! The gluten free pizza was terrific! The balsamic veggies were delicious! Had the bronzino and that was well prepared. Hubby enjoyed his veal and our dining mates enjoyed their selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 168 reviews are from the Piccolo Trattoria - Newtown reviews archive.
- Great meal at Piccolo TrattoriaCookieDined on 6/20/2014We dined at Piccolo Trattoria with nine other people about two weeks ago. Everyone was very happy with their food, and the service was marvelous..very attentive and catering to our needs. Based on that experience, we made reservations to dine there again Friday night,June 20th, this time with other friends not familiar with the neighborhood or the restaurant. This time, again, all four of us were very happy with our meal as well as the service. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!Linda1977Dined on 6/16/2014A local spot, this restaurant has a wonderful, varied menu, from excellent pizza to well done full dinners. A favorite with my group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent family mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Very personalized service! Our family enjoyed a wonderful Father's Day meal. No fixed menu, no rush incredible food and service. We could not have been more please. We even cast a ballot for Best of Bucks County. Thank you, Piccolo Trattoria. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donna's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014the food service and atmosphere is always excellent at this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very noisyMickiVIPDined on 6/13/2014We've eaten here, before. It's reasonable, but VERY noisy. My dinner only had 4 shrimp, and no sauce on the pasta. We had to ask for more water, and the waiter complained about how busy he is with 6 tables, and already walked several miles in the restaurant that day. He spoke very, very fast, and said he did, because it was busy. Geez!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014Had a great night out with the family here and the waitress was very fast and friendly. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with wifeEnjoydiningoutDined on 6/7/2014This is one of our favorite places to dine. The food and service is consistantly good. We have recently been eating there on a regular basis. Additionally the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Piccolo! Always Delicious!!ExperteaterVIPDined on 6/2/2014I absolutely love Piccolo. The food always comes out piping hot and is consistently delicious. Try the chicken Dolce Vita! It's is so good!!! Get it with the angel hair pasta. You will not be disappointed. The chicken florentine is also delicious and rich. And whatever you do, DO NOT leave without getting a cannoli. I won't eat cannolis anywhere else but here bc they are filled to order! The shell stays crispy and delicious while it holds the rich and creamy filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantEnjoydiningoutDined on 5/30/2014Food and service has always been very very good there we've never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for celebration; won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/15/2014We went as a large group of 8 for a combined Mother's Day/college graduation celebration. While the appetizers were good, about half of the entrees were disappointing, incluidng tough veal marsala and spaghetti carbonara that was unrecognizable as carbonara. It had a brown sauce with no trace of eggs, and included peas which weren't listed on the menu. We didn't realize it was a BYOB restaurant. Our waiter said he'd find out if there was a state store nearby, and then never reported back about that. He alternated between fawning, talking too long about his personal favorites on the menu, and then disappearing for long stretches.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerMedicalboyDined on 5/11/2014I took my fiancée to dinner for mother's day an pick piccolo at last minute. We had to wait to be seated as well as we had a little wait to get our food, but the food was good. This is a BYOB which we didn't know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvagoodmealVIPDined on 5/3/2014As always, my boyfriend & I enjoyed our dining experience. Wonderful food and great service. The live music is nice too. Restaurant is well run and it shows! Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodJoeKnowBucksDined on 4/26/2014Excellent food., salad, appetizer, main dish for all 3, and desert. All very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingGo2eireDined on 4/18/2014Expected more- poor food - bland dishes- overpriced. Felt like we could have prepared same seafood dishes at home with much better flavoring and freshness. Wine selection was well done. Setting is very nice but the noise level is uptempo and compounded by a live entertainer.Special Features:
- huge bones in fishsuzieVIPDined on 4/18/2014most of us ordered halibut which was very good however there were t-bone like bones in mine. i didn't want to cause a fuss with large group but am sure the people that cleared the table noticed it on seperate plate. i have never had this happen before with halibut so maybe that is the difference in steak and filet of halibut
- A great byob4starchefDined on 4/5/2014Need reservations on weekends for sure. A very classic italian flavor a extremely large number of choices including over 12 classic veal or chicken dishesSpecial Features:
- Too crowdedrozxDined on 4/5/2014I think they took too many reservations as we had them for 7 and did not get seated until 7:50..the entrance was packed-you could not move in the entryway. terribly disorganized food was great...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely DisorganizedeatoutalotVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our reservation was for 7:00, table for 4. We checked in at 7 and were told by the hostess "it would be a couple of minutes". 25 minutes later I inquired as to when we would be seated, that more than a couple of minutes had passed, and was told "we're doing the best we can". At 7:35 I asked the hostess when we will be seated and why are they taking reservations if they have no intention of honoring them. She looked right at me and then walked away. We promptly left, went to another restaurant in another part of the center (Asian fusion) and were treated with both respect and care, and had a wonderful dinner. The fact that I am able to write this review shows their disorganization. They didn't even notice we left!