464 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://piccolosognorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3124210077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Priolo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats up to 36 people
- Private Party Contact: Ciro Longobardo 3124210077
A word from Piccolo Sogno
Regional Italian cuisine featuring a combination of local and Italian ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Piccolo Sogno - Best Restaurants in River West ›
Piccolo Sogno reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (246)special occasion (172)romantic (161)fit for foodies (142)notable wine list (115)neighborhood gem (112)great for lunch (75)good for groups (73)hot spot (54)scenic view (30)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- NancyDined on 8/31/2014Food and Service both excellent. Tables were very tight.Special Features:
- Outside great fodd so soGreatVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great outside ambiance but food quality and service going south fast
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Arrived early - 6:00 - before became crowded, so very pleasant dinner/conversation. Food was very good, especially wild boar ragu, and like that pastas can be ordered in smaller portions. Panna cotta, a favorite dessert, was a little heavy on the saffron.Special Features:
- momoVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pasta dishes are the best-anything with brown butter and butternut squash! The branzino with endive was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it in the summerdadwritesVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a good Italian restaurant, though far from the best in the city. What makes it special is the outdoor dining during the summer. With so few days left to enjoy this unique space, the race is on to savor decent food in a terrific location.
- Garden spectacular!RusseaterDined on 8/27/2014The very best in garden dining! Lovely setting. Outstanding pasta. A must for Chicago's nice weather days!Special Features:
- Authentic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014The service was great, and the patio, despite being full on a Tue night, had a great ambiance.Special Features:
- Have to try if you haven't!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Always a favorite! Brought 2 new groups alone this month to dine and they couldn't believe they had not dined at Piccolo before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IltsVIPDined on 8/24/2014the patio is very nice, but there are way too many tables out there so it becomes really uncomfortable
- RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Upon checkin, the Host was rude to the point we left and went elsewhere.
- Great service!DibsdiditDined on 8/17/2014Food is good, but expensive. Outdoor patio is fantastic! Able to order appetizer size for main food was nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something different for visitorsaplarchVIPDined on 8/16/2014our party of 6 enjoyed a wonderful evening under the canopy of trees and sky. dining here is one of the best things to do in the city on a good night - the food was amazing especially the fish. our out of town guest who have been to chicago many times found this to be a jewel.Special Features:
- best italian and best patiobuckeyegirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Best restaurant in chicago! amazing homemade pasta. Great service. Fresh salads. Yummy dessert. Cant say enough about piccolo sognoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJoJoDined on 8/16/2014Food and service were fabulous! My pasta with sea food had plenty of seafood - squash blossom appetizer was excellent. We shared two desserts between the three of us which was perfect after our meal. 2nd time here and we liked it even better.Special Features:
- Review of Piccolo SognoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014What an incredible evening we had! We were able to sit outside on a absolutely splendid night. The service was incredible, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was so relaxing and just perfect. Thank you for making the dinner most memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingchgode8Dined on 8/16/2014I celebrated my birthday with my husband and friends on Saturday night in the garden at Piccolo. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the garden was so lovely. We were treated like family! If you have never been to Piccolo Sogno on Grand Ave, you must go. It's a great dining experience you will always remember. Thanks Chef Tony for your personal attention and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor OasisLizLDined on 8/16/2014Dined early Saturday evening in the patio, and it was a lovely experience over all. Attentive service, excellent food, and appropriately priced. We split the mixed grill (Griglia Mista)appetizer and the seafood was delicious. We also had the Panzanella, which was served in a radicchio bowl. I could hardly finish my Spaghetti Neri it was so abundant, but didn't want a single bite to go to waste. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but expected morekatnipDined on 8/15/2014We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner based on previous reviews that the patio would be so outstanding and lush. While the patio was large, it was not especially pretty or romantic. The service was excellent, the food was good, but I probably would not return knowing there are so many other wonderful restaurants to try in this great city of ours.
- Constant PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food, wine and service are never short of phenomenal! Piccolo Sogno is a true treasure and no matter how many times I dine there, I always leave more than satisfied and can't wait to return. After living in Florence, IT, this is where I go when I want authentic italian cuisine and the charming patio is hands-down my favorite respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.Special Features:
- Great food in a beautiful settingveggiechicagoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Love this place. It gets better every time I go back.Special Features:
- West town terrazzoHostessmostestVIPDined on 8/14/2014The summer patio is the winner here, with better than average cuisine, very loud, and passable service. But the summer vibe is unbeatable and the wine list is very affordable. So go, relax and mangia!Special Features:
- fordfamVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food and atmosphere was great. We did feel a bit rushed by our waiter however.Special Features:
- A Midsummer's Night DreamBandolDined on 8/11/2014The outdoor garden is a delight. It is a beautiful oasis of serenity in the midst of the city. The food was delightful with a variety to suit many different palates. In spite of the army of staff, service was mediocre. It will be on my go to often in the summer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just MAGNIFICENT!!!! Just PerfectLove2EatOutDined on 8/11/2014Service was unbelievable! So good! Waiter was straight from Italy - and loved the accent! Food was perfect! OUTDOOR SEATING is a must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the piazza!datenightdinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Felt like I was back in Italy! Absolutely beautiful inside and out. Warm and welcoming, food was very good ( lobster ravioli special) although not overly abundant as with most Italian restaurants. Our waiter was pleasant, somewhat distracted, and not overly attentive. Rather than efficient, it made us feel a bit rushed. We were seated and then quickly asked to move to another table to accommodate other diners. Didn't like the new table as much and surprised at how it was handled. Overall I would highly recommend the restaurant and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMarioVIPDined on 8/9/2014Been going one to two times a year can't wait to try the pizza next time, no complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful summer lunch!AnnpDined on 8/8/2014My daughter and I had lunch here last week. We had a great time! The food, service, and ambiance were wonderful! We can't wait to return and maybe try dinner too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014One of the best outdoor patios, very pretty. Food is good but just not the best Italian in the city. I went solely for ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Summer Outdoor DiningFoodie08VIPDined on 8/5/2014I recently made a repeat visit to Piccolo Sogno's outdoor patio to dine with a friend on a lovely August evening. We had intentionally made an early evening reservation so that we would be able to get a quiet table on the perimeter of their patio, which was a good decision. Their patio has developed such a positive reputation that it appears that the restaurant has added many additional close together outdoor tables, creating a somewhat noisy 'sea of tables' effect. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable, and our wine, antipasti, and pasta selections were quite tasty.Special Features:
- Absolutely deliciousNMSTDined on 8/3/2014I love this restaurant. I try to go here once a month if I can. The food is delicious and the service is always great. The only negative is the chairs you sit on. They are completely uncomfortable. They remind me of cheap patio furniture, but the food and service far outweigh the discomfort. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Spot for that special day!Number1Dined on 8/3/2014We really like Piccolo Sogno and they did not disappoint - great wine, appetizers and entrees. Service was highlighted by a nice note for our anniversary on the desert plate!Special Features:
- Very good! Loved the patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great food and drink menu. Loved the ambience and great patio! Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningRaReVIPDined on 8/1/2014One of the best outdoor patios in the city - green oasis with seating for up to 150 people but still feels romantic and high walls covered with lush green foliage keep the city outside. If you like Italian food and outdoor dining this has to be on your must do list. Frutti de mare (squid ink pasta with seafood) is phenomenal. Service can get a little slow but this is a patio you won't mind spending some time in savoring a nice selection of regional Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed for no waterSandyVIPDined on 7/30/2014Cranky that we showed up and the restaurant was closed for no water. Should have gotten some notification some how.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningRunnerKDined on 7/30/2014Unfortunately the night we chose had heavy duty street construction but it dissipated after about 3/4 hour. That was out of the hands of the restaurant and all staff were calm and controlled assuring us it would cease quickly and it did. Service was great, ambiance was pleasant and we didn't feel rushed through our meal to get table open for the next reservation. Breads with olive oil and balsamic a nice touch. Food was solid good but not exceptional. Would like to see a few more dishes with chicken. Lovely evening and we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014Food was not good...we ordered two pasta dishes, one was a special and the other was off the menu, the special was mediocre and the one on the menu was pretty bad. The shrimps should not have the awful seafood type of taste. The dessert was nothing to rave about. The service was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Waited too long to try this placeGetInMYBellyDined on 7/28/2014I had heard great things for the last couple years and finally got around to trying it. I got the duck and my girlfriend got the rabbit. Both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The restaurant came highly recommended and did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RubinVIPDined on 7/27/2014The veal chops were tasteless. We have been eating here since it opened. The last two times the veal hasn't been good. The fish is wonderful as are the salads.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dinning; food OKJillybeanDined on 7/26/2014Friends raved about this place so I suppose that I had high expectations. My fiancé and I were both slightly disappointed because the sauce on our pasts was nothing special and the mussels tasted strange. The clams and shrimp were very good though. My mother wasn't that impressed with the brandy sauce on her entree either. I'm from NYC, so was really hoping to find that this place was amazing like so many of my nyc favorites, but it def was not. Patio area was gorgeous though!Special Features: