464 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://piccolosognorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3124210077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Priolo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats up to 36 people
- Private Party Contact: Ciro Longobardo 3124210077
A word from Piccolo Sogno
Regional Italian cuisine featuring a combination of local and Italian ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Piccolo Sogno - Best Restaurants in River West ›
Piccolo Sogno reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (246)special occasion (170)romantic (166)fit for foodies (144)neighborhood gem (115)notable wine list (112)good for groups (77)great for lunch (71)hot spot (62)scenic view (31)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Special BirthdayAbbyDined on 9/19/2014Our daughters fav place. We also love the menu and service but our visit was marred by a very loud truck doing street work the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!CookerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Classic Italian restaurant -- seems to be a favorite for locals. Excellent service, delicious food and everything was prepared to perfection. Salads were fresh and delicious, pasta was hot and perfectly prepared. Short ribs were to die for. Waiter made excellent recommendations for both food and wine. My husband and I loved it so much that we went back for lunch the following day and ate on the outdoor patio! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Terrific place for lunch! One of my favorite go-to spots. Try it; you'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 9/14/2014Piccolo Sogno was highly recommended; we wanted to sit in the outdoor garden which is beautiful but it was too cold. Overall we were disappointed; the food average; service average; it did not live up to the expectations and the build up. Pasta was chewy; not cooked correctly; a spoiled cherry tomato was on the salmon. Cheescake was below average. Tuscan Kale salad was dry and essentially lacking in taste. The atmosphere inside was really nice, outdoor garden is great if the weather is nice; but the food was disappointing.Special Features:
- did not disappointBonappetito2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, great ambience, great service! Will definitely return preferably on a night when its nice enough to dine al fresco in the beautiful outdoor garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014food menu was dull, ambience was non existent, and the overabundance of servers gave me the impression that I was being rushed. I have no need to return.
- Very good food and service, but...dineinthecityDined on 9/11/2014Very good food, from salad to main course. Service was excellent, attentive and caring. We were seated at a table that was half in the dining room, half in the bar area. Should not be a table there, and of course, "nothing else available". The dining room is a beautiful mix of contemporary and old world decor. Too bad we didn't get to see much of it.
- Another fab meal36whitelandsDined on 9/11/2014I took a friend for his birthday as he wanted italian. I had the squid ink seafood pasta and he had the pork tenderloin with a nice bottle of red. It was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B day BashTootsieDined on 9/11/2014I went to dinner with my teenage son and daughter for my birthday and it was fabulous. Great wine list. Food is fresh and delicious. They even brought me a special dessert for my birthday. Mauricio was our waiter and he was very attentive even though the restaurant was packed on a Thursday night.Special Features:
- Beautiful Garden;Delicious ItalianMichluvs2dineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Transported to an Italian Trattoria the scenery is lovely in the garden but not so great inside which can be VERY loud. Wish they would be pet friendly outdoors. Need advance reservations to snag a table at this restaurant so plan ahead!Special Features:
- MavourneenDined on 9/7/2014My experience was not a good one. After making a reservation well in advance for the garden area, having it confirmed that morning, when we arrived were told "it would be a few minutes." Well a few minutes turned Into 20 and when we asked how much longer were told 20 more maybe more. I do not intend to go back to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone. A restaurant which does not honor its customers reservations is totally unprofessional and dishonest. M
- Amazing!!!FamilyDined on 9/7/2014From service, to food, to outdoor dining. Everything was just perfect and amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolo Sogna's Garden is the bestKenJ629Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I had planned the past few summers to drop in at Piccolo Sogna to enjoy dining in their outside garden. After never making it, this year we did and are we happy to say it was all that we expected. Almost like being in a private home's garden as you are that removed from the world around us. The food was excellent as well. I loved the panzanella, the best I have had. Pasta entrees were also well prepared with plenty to eat and great flavor. We split a fettuccine pasta dish and then salt encrusted branzino entree that was amazing. Well prepared and delicious. Also a nice recommendation on a wine pairing. Overall, I would highly recommend as must visit summer dining spot. Based on the food, I would even go off season.Special Features:
- A Real Winner!!!!ZADDDined on 9/4/2014The Branzino I was served With mandarin orange sauce was fantastic. This place keeps getting better and better. Ask for Alberto to serve you. He's a real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 8/31/2014Food and Service both excellent. Tables were very tight.Special Features:
- Outside great fodd so soGreatVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great outside ambiance but food quality and service going south fast
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Arrived early - 6:00 - before became crowded, so very pleasant dinner/conversation. Food was very good, especially wild boar ragu, and like that pastas can be ordered in smaller portions. Panna cotta, a favorite dessert, was a little heavy on the saffron.Special Features:
- Anniversary disappointmentNisysweetDined on 8/28/2014I rarely write a negative review but must be honest. Our previous dining experiences at Piccolo Sogno were wonderful so we were looking forward to our anniversary dinner, but it was a disappointment particularly the service. I know it's a little thing but we had to ask 4 times 2 get a lit candle on our table while all other tables had 1. Our server didn't seem to want to be there at all, delays in taking & delivering our order & delivered with a frown. My husband's order was completely wrong (something he greatly disliked) & not replaced. Other food was good (recommend cucumber soup) but not quite the exceptional polished quality we remembered. Comped desert of delicious assorted biscotti was very good but didn't make up for the evening.Special Features:
- momoVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pasta dishes are the best-anything with brown butter and butternut squash! The branzino with endive was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it in the summerdadwritesVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a good Italian restaurant, though far from the best in the city. What makes it special is the outdoor dining during the summer. With so few days left to enjoy this unique space, the race is on to savor decent food in a terrific location.
- Garden spectacular!RusseaterDined on 8/27/2014The very best in garden dining! Lovely setting. Outstanding pasta. A must for Chicago's nice weather days!Special Features:
- Authentic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014The service was great, and the patio, despite being full on a Tue night, had a great ambiance.Special Features:
- Have to try if you haven't!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Always a favorite! Brought 2 new groups alone this month to dine and they couldn't believe they had not dined at Piccolo before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IltsVIPDined on 8/24/2014the patio is very nice, but there are way too many tables out there so it becomes really uncomfortable
- RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Upon checkin, the Host was rude to the point we left and went elsewhere.
- Great service!DibsdiditDined on 8/17/2014Food is good, but expensive. Outdoor patio is fantastic! Able to order appetizer size for main food was nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something different for visitorsaplarchVIPDined on 8/16/2014our party of 6 enjoyed a wonderful evening under the canopy of trees and sky. dining here is one of the best things to do in the city on a good night - the food was amazing especially the fish. our out of town guest who have been to chicago many times found this to be a jewel.Special Features:
- best italian and best patiobuckeyegirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Best restaurant in chicago! amazing homemade pasta. Great service. Fresh salads. Yummy dessert. Cant say enough about piccolo sognoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJoJoDined on 8/16/2014Food and service were fabulous! My pasta with sea food had plenty of seafood - squash blossom appetizer was excellent. We shared two desserts between the three of us which was perfect after our meal. 2nd time here and we liked it even better.Special Features:
- Review of Piccolo SognoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014What an incredible evening we had! We were able to sit outside on a absolutely splendid night. The service was incredible, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was so relaxing and just perfect. Thank you for making the dinner most memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingchgode8Dined on 8/16/2014I celebrated my birthday with my husband and friends on Saturday night in the garden at Piccolo. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the garden was so lovely. We were treated like family! If you have never been to Piccolo Sogno on Grand Ave, you must go. It's a great dining experience you will always remember. Thanks Chef Tony for your personal attention and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor OasisLizLDined on 8/16/2014Dined early Saturday evening in the patio, and it was a lovely experience over all. Attentive service, excellent food, and appropriately priced. We split the mixed grill (Griglia Mista)appetizer and the seafood was delicious. We also had the Panzanella, which was served in a radicchio bowl. I could hardly finish my Spaghetti Neri it was so abundant, but didn't want a single bite to go to waste. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but expected morekatnipDined on 8/15/2014We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner based on previous reviews that the patio would be so outstanding and lush. While the patio was large, it was not especially pretty or romantic. The service was excellent, the food was good, but I probably would not return knowing there are so many other wonderful restaurants to try in this great city of ours.
- Constant PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food, wine and service are never short of phenomenal! Piccolo Sogno is a true treasure and no matter how many times I dine there, I always leave more than satisfied and can't wait to return. After living in Florence, IT, this is where I go when I want authentic italian cuisine and the charming patio is hands-down my favorite respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.Special Features:
- Great food in a beautiful settingveggiechicagoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Love this place. It gets better every time I go back.Special Features:
- West town terrazzoHostessmostestVIPDined on 8/14/2014The summer patio is the winner here, with better than average cuisine, very loud, and passable service. But the summer vibe is unbeatable and the wine list is very affordable. So go, relax and mangia!Special Features:
- fordfamVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food and atmosphere was great. We did feel a bit rushed by our waiter however.Special Features:
- A Midsummer's Night DreamBandolDined on 8/11/2014The outdoor garden is a delight. It is a beautiful oasis of serenity in the midst of the city. The food was delightful with a variety to suit many different palates. In spite of the army of staff, service was mediocre. It will be on my go to often in the summer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just MAGNIFICENT!!!! Just PerfectLove2EatOutDined on 8/11/2014Service was unbelievable! So good! Waiter was straight from Italy - and loved the accent! Food was perfect! OUTDOOR SEATING is a must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the piazza!datenightdinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Felt like I was back in Italy! Absolutely beautiful inside and out. Warm and welcoming, food was very good ( lobster ravioli special) although not overly abundant as with most Italian restaurants. Our waiter was pleasant, somewhat distracted, and not overly attentive. Rather than efficient, it made us feel a bit rushed. We were seated and then quickly asked to move to another table to accommodate other diners. Didn't like the new table as much and surprised at how it was handled. Overall I would highly recommend the restaurant and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.